Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,165 members, 7,811,376 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) (24931 Views)

ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers / AAUA Begins Recruitment To Replace Striking Lecturers / Bauchi State Govt Sacks 194 Striking Lecturers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Hamazz1: 10:44am On Oct 11, 2013
Ds is wrng bt b4 it turns in2 a political affair let's be objective for once is it wrng for any legally recognized bdy dt went in2 an un duressed agreement with its govt 2 demand dt d opposing party upholds its own part of d bargain or redeem its pledge was it not sequel to dt dt an MOU was signed.to a half decent govt must úr teachers go on strike to demand dt u tk education seriously if ds is wht begets of pple dt had no shoes whn they wnt to schl then its a shame dt poverty begets poverty.

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by kflexxy(m): 10:45am On Oct 11, 2013
God Help Our Nation
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by ceeceeco: 10:45am On Oct 11, 2013
NIGERIANS! When shall we cum out & fight 4 our rights, dat enof is enof? I jst cnt wait 4 dat day. The government are f*cking us BIG TIME...§mh!

2 Likes

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Okdanny: 10:47am On Oct 11, 2013
[img][/img]

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by otokx(m): 10:47am On Oct 11, 2013
Lets see if it will end the strike.

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by eluquenson(m): 10:49am On Oct 11, 2013
ASUU fighting for a just cause - Rehabilitation of Nigerian Universities & yet some people kept on barking here that the decision is wise not to be paid.
How will Nigeria develop with this way of doing things, here they support the govt, tomorrow they criticize the govt. Naija with bunch of hypocrites & clueless humans.
Nigerian Universities are ill-equiped, dilapidated..finish

3 Likes

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 11, 2013
tpacalipse: ASUU can never be owed by anyone. Govt shall pay and its hands will be washed by water in case there are remnants sticking there. When ASUU calls off the strike, no pay no work policy would start again. For more than one year now, at every congress of ASUU, it has always been discoursed that this strike may go on for two years and the lecturers knew what they were in for before the strike commenced. No one will back down in this struggle to reposition the universities in this country. No work no pay will eventually become no pay no work. Govt will beg to pay and even ASUU will refuse to collect. They shall pay in multiple folds. Some of you think ASUU is like other toothless union in Naija. Or you think is like that agbero union some of ya papa belong to.
just because you are a lecturer does not mean you should be spitting rubbish here. If you like, go on strike for 5 years. NO PAYMENT FOR YOU!

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Demdem(m): 10:51am On Oct 11, 2013
When govt is defaulting in paying up what she is owning her workers, who will come to the aid of numerous workers in the private sector that are being owned months and months of wages and allowances.
Chief among them are Dokpesi workers.

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by dawodukayode(m): 10:53am On Oct 11, 2013
no work no pay is that the solution to the problem ? i dont understand how we attend to issues in this country. na wahoo is that a treath or what.
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by stagger: 10:54am On Oct 11, 2013
wesley80: So why were they in a hurry to share FG's money then? Keep kidding yourself I know a number of 'senior' lecturers that were already in a hole before this disbursement.

Name them. You think lecturers are hungry people?
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 11, 2013
Any Nigerian who is against ASUU is mentally retarded, yes Education is being delayed, But is it not a good thing that the government hounour thier agreement? It is an open secret that our politicians rake in billions of naira yearly, but the cant pay lecturers. ASUU, i know it is not easy , But i know Jah is your strenght, keep on the good fight, they cant be belly full, while you are hungry!!

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 11, 2013
Any Nigerian who is against ASUU is mentlly retarded, yes Education is being delayed, But is it not a good thing that the government hounour thier agreement? It is an open secret that our politicians rake in billions of naira yearly, but the cant pay lecturers. ASUU, i know it is not easy , But i know Jah is your strenght, keep on the good fight, they cant be belly full, while you are hungry!!

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by MidaxPhoenix(m): 11:01am On Oct 11, 2013
These are excerpts of the agreement between ASUU and federal government for a better understanding of the impasse.

Establishment of the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN)/Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) Re-Negotiation Committee
On Thursday, 14th December, 2006, the then Honourable Minister of Education, Dr. (Mrs.) Obiageli Ezekwesili, on behalf of the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN), inaugurated the FGN/ASUU Re-negotiation Committee comprising the FGN Re-negotiation Team led by the then

Pro-Chancellor, University of Ibadan, Deacon Gamaliel O. Onosode, OFR,

and the ASUU Re-negotiation Team led by the then President of ASUU, Dr. Abdullahi Sule-Kano.

TERMS OF REFERENCE
The single Term of Reference of the Committee was to re-negotiate the 2001 FGN/ASUU Agreement and enter into a workable Agreement. In the course of discussion, the Committee agreed that the essence of the Re-negotiation was:

(i) To reverse the decay in the University System, in order to reposition it for greater responsibilities in national development;
(ii) To reverse the brain drain, not only by enhancing the remuneration of academic staff, but also by disengaging them from the encumbrances of a unified civil service wage structure;
(iii) To restore Nigerian Universities, through immediate, massive and sustained financial intervention; and,
(iv) To ensure genuine university autonomy and academic freedom.

1.3 COMPOSITION OF THE FGN/ASUU RE-NEGOTIATION COMMITTEE
The FGN/ASUU Re-negotiation Committee comprised the following Members, Advisers, Observers and the Joint Secretariat:

1.3.1 GOVERNMENT RE-NEGOTIATION TEAM
(a) Deacon Gamaliel O. Onosode, OFR Immediate PastTeam Leader & Pro-Chancellor, Chairman, Re-NegoUniversity of Ibadan. tiation Committee
(
b) Prof. Musa Abdullahi Secretary General Member (Deceased CVC & Immediate 30th October, 2008)
Past Pro-Chancellor, University of Jos

(c ) Prof. Greg Iwu, OONImmediate Past ProChancellor, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka. Member
(
d) Rev. Father T. E. UwaifoImmediate Past Pro-Chancellor, Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma. Member

(e) Barrister Emeka Nwankpa Former Pro-Chancellor, Abia State University, Uturu. Member

(f) Amb. Muh. Adamu Jumba Immediate Past Pro-Chancellor, Bayero University, Kano. Member
(g) Prof. Mahmood. Yakubu Executive Secretary, ETF Member Abuja
(h) Senator Abdalla Wali Former Pro-Chancellor, University of Technology,
Yola Member (until 23rd February, 2008)

1.3.2 ASUU RE-NEGOTIATION TEAM
(a) Dr. Abdullahi Sule-Kano President Team Leader (until May 2008)
(b) Prof. Ukachukwu Awuzie President Team Leader
(from June, 2008) ( c) Dr. Oladipo FashinaMember
(d) Dr. Peter Ozo-Eson Member
(e) Dr. Ogban Ogban-Iyam Member
(f) Prof. Eskor Toyo Member
(g) Prof. Chukuka Okonjo Member
(h) Prof. Omotoye Olorode Member
(i) Dr. (Mrs) Nnenna N. OtiMember
(j) Prof. Olatunde Oduleye Member
(k) Dr. Biodun Onilude Member
(l) Prof. Idowu Awopetu Member
(m) Dr. Olugbenga Ogunbote Member
(n) Dr. Ralph Ofukwu Member
(o) Prof. Emmanuel Egia Okoegwale Member
(p) Prof. C. O. OrubuMember
(q) Dr. Nasir F. IsaMember ( r) Dr. Suleiman D. AbdulMember
(s) Dr. Festus Iyayi Member
And many others! There was a faculty of senior citizens as advisers and witness too!!

THE RESOLUTIONS AND AGREEMENTS..

Salary Structure for Academic Staff in Nigerian Universities
It was agreed that there shall be a separate Salary Structure for University Academic staff to be known as Consolidated University Academic Salary Structure II (CONUASS II), which is shown in Table 1. CONUASS II is made up of the following three components:
(a) The Consolidated Salary Structure for Academic Staff (CONUASS) approved by the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) effective 1st January 2007 (FGN Circular SWC/S/04/S.309/1, dated 18th January, 2007).
(b) Consolidated Peculiar University Academic Allowances (CONPUAA), exclusively for university teaching staff and derived from allowances not adequately reflected or not consolidated in CONUASS.
(c) Rent as approved by the FGN effective 1st January 2007 (FGN Circular SWC/S/04/S.309/1, dated 18th January, 2007).

Earned Academic Allowances
It was agreed that entitled academic staff shall be paid the following earned allowances at the rates indicated for undertaking the listed assignments.

Postgraduate Supervision Allowance
(i) Lecturer I N15,000 per student, per annum
(ii) Senior Lecturer N20,000 per student, per annum
(iii) Reader & Professor N25,000 per student, per annum
This allowance shall be paid to the entitled academic staff for a maximum of 5 students per annum.
b. Teaching Practice/Industrial Supervision/Field Trip Allowances
(i) Assistant Lecturer – Lecturer I N60,000 per annum
(ii) Senior Lecturer N80,000 per annum
(iii) Reader & Professor N100,000 per annum
Where the work involves travelling out of town, the usual mileage and night allowances shall be paid in line with the existing Government regulations. Also, where a staff is involved in more than one of the above activities in a given year, he or she shallbe remunerated separately for each activity.
c. Honoraria for External/Internal Examiner (Postgraduate Thesis)
External
(i) Master’s degree N80,000 per thesis
(ii) Doctorate degree N105,000 per thesis
Internal
(i) Master’s degree N45,000 per thesis
(ii) Doctorate degree N65,000 per thesis

COTD

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by bigtalla(m): 11:04am On Oct 11, 2013
My papa na lecturer ooo cry cry cry
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by victorlexa(m): 11:04am On Oct 11, 2013
total rubbish,some ppl r so funny here,we all knw dat dis wud nt send d lectures back to class,wat a lame strategy, dis FG think wit deir butts
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by johnkenn5t(m): 11:05am On Oct 11, 2013
I like that.No work,no pay.
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by neio: 11:06am On Oct 11, 2013
The sorting no reach them....bunch of academic kidnappers!! They should not tell us that they are fighting for the Universities....paid agents of private universities!
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by MidaxPhoenix(m): 11:08am On Oct 11, 2013
Honoraria for External Moderation of Undergraduate and Postgraduate Examinations
(i) Undergraduate Up to 50 Candidates N60,000 more than 50 candidates N80,000
(ii) Postgraduate Up to 10 Candidates N60,000 more than 10 candidates N80,000

e. Postgraduate Study Grant
(i) Science based
Master’s degree N350,000 per session Doctorate degree N500,000 per session
(ii) Non-Science based
Master’s degree N250,000 per session Doctorate degree N350,000 per session
The above grant is to encourage young academics to obtain higher relevant qualification and remain on the job, provided that they do not exceed the normal years of the approved programmes i.e. Two (2) academic sessions for a Master degree, Four (4) academic sessions for a

Doctorate Degree programme.
f. External Assessment of Readers or Professors
In view of the critical nature of external assessment of candidates for Professorship and Readership positions in developing and sustaining the Universities, it was agreed that external assessors shall be paid a minimum allowance of N200, 000 per assessment for the position of Reader or Professor.
g.
Call Duty/Clinical Duty/Clinic Hazard
It was agreed that Call Duty/Clinical Duty/Clinical Hazard Allowance shall be paid to entitled academics as in the National Salaries, Incomes and Wages Commission (NSIWC) circular reference number SWC/S/04/S.309 of 18th
January, 2007 on approved Four Non-regular Allowances in the Public Service,

Responsibility Allowance
It was agreed that Responsibility Allowance shall be paid annually as follows:
i. Deputy Vice-Chancellor/Librarian N750,000
ii. Provost/Dean/Director N500,000
iii. Deputy/Vice/Associate Dean or Provost N350,000
iv. Head of Dept./Sub Dean N250,000
v. Fac./Dept Exam Officer N150,000
vi. Hall Warden N150,000
vii. All other Officers N150,000
j. Excess Workload Allowance
It was agreed that Excess Workload Allowance, which shall be phased out without delay, shall be paid only to entitled academic staff as follows:
i. Professor N3,500 per hour
ii. Reader N3,500 per hour
iii. Senior Lecturer N3,500 per hour
vi. Lecturer I N2,000 per hour
v. Lecturer II N2,000 per hour
vi. Assistant Lecturer N2,000 per hour
vii. Graduate Assistant N2,000 per hour
University administrators shall ensure that only those entitled are paid the allowance.

THE. CRUX OF THE MATTER

FUNDING

The Re-negotiation Committee, in order to arrive at the funding provisions stated below, took serious cognizance of the widely acknowledged fact that:

(i) The key to the survival of our country in the 21st Century lies in its ability
to produce applied and theoretical knowledge in science, technology and the humanities; and

(ii) The task of revitalizing and accelerating the development of the Nigerian University system to become internationally competitive can no longer be delayed, more so if Nigeria is to become a leading economy in the world within the next ten years or so as desired by the Government.

On the basis of the data collected, and their analysis through a rational and scientific procedure, the following funding requirements were projected for a quick and effective remedy of deficiencies in the programmes and facilities, and for a systematic upgrading of programmes and facilities that would rapidly advance Nigeria’s knowledge production for development. (The justification of the projected figures is i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊

Appendix I “Funding Requirements for Revitalizing the Nigerian University System: 2009 -2011).

4.1 Funding of Universities
It was agreed to recommend that:
a)All regular Federal Universities shall require the sum of one trillion, five hundred and eighteen billion, three hundred and thirty-one million, five hundred and fortyfive thousand, three hundred and four naira (N1,518,331,545,304) only for the period
2009 -2011 as follows:

Year Amount (N)
2009 472,031,575,919
2010 497,531,778,701
2011 548,768,190,681

Total 1, 518, 331, 545, 304

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Montaque(m): 11:08am On Oct 11, 2013
Cajetan speaks: Should a striking worker be paid in the first instance? Our labour laws need a serious and urgent review..
not too quick dude...section 14 of our trade unions Act said so.jst dat d govt dont want to sound harsh frm d beginning.l support d govt,our laws must be kept to the later...and our agreements too
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Samotology(m): 11:09am On Oct 11, 2013
So they've been collecting salaries all this while
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by leofab(f): 11:09am On Oct 11, 2013
3ace: While your politicians continue to massively feed on our resources from the comfort of their homes and offices? I feel like crying at the moment because with this mindset, I doubt we will be able to deliver ourselves from these devils. In case you don't know, how problem is not epileptic power supply, poverty, bad roads, dilapidated health facilities, abysmal economy e.t.c, our problem is bad leadership. They are our problem, let's join hands and fight them.
and you think the only way to fight them is by joining them in the loot? There are still other sector7 that need to be restrategized. Think of Polytechnics, colleges, monotechnics, and othes tertiary institutions, not undermining the secondary and primary schools though. If ASUU Succeeds expect the likes from others too. Polytecnics, monotechnics, colleges, universities suffer thesame plight.
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Demdem(m): 11:11am On Oct 11, 2013
neio: The sorting no reach them....bunch of academic kidnappers!! They should not tell us that they are fighting for the Universities....paid agents of private universities!

Part of what they are fighting for is better uni system. If not, their agreement with FG would have just been strictly on allowance. But that isn't so.
ASUU expect the populace also to force the populace to demand the implementation of that part of agreement also.
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Conceptz(m): 11:14am On Oct 11, 2013
Its nice like that, FG should stop paying them, keep the money in bank, let d money yield interests and then pay them all their salaries only when they resumed work
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Demdem(m): 11:16am On Oct 11, 2013
leofab:
and you think the only way to fight them is by joining them in the loot? There are still other sector7 that need to be restrategized. Think of Polytechnics, colleges, monotechnics, and othes tertiary institutions, not undermining the secondary and primary schools though. If ASUU Succeeds expect the likes from others too. Polytecnics, monotechnics, colleges, universities suffer thesame plight.

What loot is ASUU looting? For years, they held discussions with govt. Now that its time to implement, u are claiming they want to loot.
If u are an employee and ur employer refused u ur pay having agreed with him earlier, won't u go nuts?
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by manie(m): 11:16am On Oct 11, 2013
Midax & Phoenix:
These are excerpts of the agreement between ASUU and federal government for a better understanding of the impasse.

Establishment of the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN)/Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) Re-Negotiation Committee
On Thursday, 14th December, 2006, the then Honourable Minister of Education, Dr. (Mrs.) Obiageli Ezekwesili, on behalf of the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN), inaugurated the FGN/ASUU Re-negotiation Committee comprising the FGN Re-negotiation Team led by the then

Pro-Chancellor, University of Ibadan, Deacon Gamaliel O. Onosode, OFR,

and the ASUU Re-negotiation Team led by the then President of ASUU, Dr. Abdullahi Sule-Kano.

TERMS OF REFERENCE
The single Term of Reference of the Committee was to re-negotiate the 2001 FGN/ASUU Agreement and enter into a workable Agreement. In the course of discussion, the Committee agreed that the essence of the Re-negotiation was:

(i) To reverse the decay in the University System, in order to reposition it for greater responsibilities in national development;
(ii) To reverse the brain drain, not only by enhancing the remuneration of academic staff, but also by disengaging them from the encumbrances of a unified civil service wage structure;
(iii) To restore Nigerian Universities, through immediate, massive and sustained financial intervention; and,
(iv) To ensure genuine university autonomy and academic freedom.

1.3 COMPOSITION OF THE FGN/ASUU RE-NEGOTIATION COMMITTEE
The FGN/ASUU Re-negotiation Committee comprised the following Members, Advisers, Observers and the Joint Secretariat:

1.3.1 GOVERNMENT RE-NEGOTIATION TEAM
(a) Deacon Gamaliel O. Onosode, OFR Immediate PastTeam Leader & Pro-Chancellor, Chairman, Re-NegoUniversity of Ibadan. tiation Committee
(
b) Prof. Musa Abdullahi Secretary General Member (Deceased CVC & Immediate 30th October, 2008)
Past Pro-Chancellor, University of Jos

(c ) Prof. Greg Iwu, OONImmediate Past ProChancellor, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka. Member
(
d) Rev. Father T. E. UwaifoImmediate Past Pro-Chancellor, Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma. Member

(e) Barrister Emeka Nwankpa Former Pro-Chancellor, Abia State University, Uturu. Member

(f) Amb. Muh. Adamu Jumba Immediate Past Pro-Chancellor, Bayero University, Kano. Member
(g) Prof. Mahmood. Yakubu Executive Secretary, ETF Member Abuja
(h) Senator Abdalla Wali Former Pro-Chancellor, University of Technology,
Yola Member (until 23rd February, 2008)

1.3.2 ASUU RE-NEGOTIATION TEAM
(a) Dr. Abdullahi Sule-Kano President Team Leader (until May 2008)
(b) Prof. Ukachukwu Awuzie President Team Leader
(from June, 2008) ( c) Dr. Oladipo FashinaMember
(d) Dr. Peter Ozo-Eson Member
(e) Dr. Ogban Ogban-Iyam Member
(f) Prof. Eskor Toyo Member
(g) Prof. Chukuka Okonjo Member
(h) Prof. Omotoye Olorode Member
(i) Dr. (Mrs) Nnenna N. OtiMember
(j) Prof. Olatunde Oduleye Member
(k) Dr. Biodun Onilude Member
(l) Prof. Idowu Awopetu Member
(m) Dr. Olugbenga Ogunbote Member
(n) Dr. Ralph Ofukwu Member
(o) Prof. Emmanuel Egia Okoegwale Member
(p) Prof. C. O. OrubuMember
(q) Dr. Nasir F. IsaMember ( r) Dr. Suleiman D. AbdulMember
(s) Dr. Festus Iyayi Member
And many others! There was a faculty of senior citizens as advisers and witness too!!

THE RESOLUTIONS AND AGREEMENTS..

Salary Structure for Academic Staff in Nigerian Universities
It was agreed that there shall be a separate Salary Structure for University Academic staff to be known as Consolidated University Academic Salary Structure II (CONUASS II), which is shown in Table 1. CONUASS II is made up of the following three components:
(a) The Consolidated Salary Structure for Academic Staff (CONUASS) approved by the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) effective 1st January 2007 (FGN Circular SWC/S/04/S.309/1, dated 18th January, 2007).
(b) Consolidated Peculiar University Academic Allowances (CONPUAA), exclusively for university teaching staff and derived from allowances not adequately reflected or not consolidated in CONUASS.
(c) Rent as approved by the FGN effective 1st January 2007 (FGN Circular SWC/S/04/S.309/1, dated 18th January, 2007).

Earned Academic Allowances
It was agreed that entitled academic staff shall be paid the following earned allowances at the rates indicated for undertaking the listed assignments.

Postgraduate Supervision Allowance
(i) Lecturer I N15,000 per student, per annum
(ii) Senior Lecturer N20,000 per student, per annum
(iii) Reader & Professor N25,000 per student, per annum
This allowance shall be paid to the entitled academic staff for a maximum of 5 students per annum.
b. Teaching Practice/Industrial Supervision/Field Trip Allowances
(i) Assistant Lecturer – Lecturer I N60,000 per annum
(ii) Senior Lecturer N80,000 per annum
(iii) Reader & Professor N100,000 per annum
Where the work involves travelling out of town, the usual mileage and night allowances shall be paid in line with the existing Government regulations. Also, where a staff is involved in more than one of the above activities in a given year, he or she shallbe remunerated separately for each activity.
c. Honoraria for External/Internal Examiner (Postgraduate Thesis)
External
(i) Master’s degree N80,000 per thesis
(ii) Doctorate degree N105,000 per thesis
Internal
(i) Master’s degree N45,000 per thesis
(ii) Doctorate degree N65,000 per thesis

COTD

I think post graduate students pay for their masters and doctorate programmes, the allowance for supervising post graduate students ought to be billed in the school fees, this should not be the headache of the FG but the respective Universities.
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by emmaelectelect(m): 11:16am On Oct 11, 2013
chemashie: FG will still pay the money no matter what. I don't see reason why they should do that when we know fully well that the money will still be paid.
Yes they will still pay but the money would have generated a lot of interest before its paid good business for Ngozi and Lamido
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by franksunny(m): 11:17am On Oct 11, 2013
dridowu: They are just keeping it for them for future use. They will pay it back when the strike is call off and if not another round of strike looms
Just tell them, they want to go back to school where elect elect graduate cannot differetiate between a transistor and an amplifier. shame, i'm ashame of the leaders and some followers of this country

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Demdem(m): 11:18am On Oct 11, 2013
Conceptz: Its nice like that, FG should stop paying them, keep the money in bank, let d money yield interests and then pay them all their salaries only when they resumed work

Bottom line, even the current one being held will still be paid.
I expect ASUU to continue then. They will surely laugh last.
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by gbanikiti(m): 11:18am On Oct 11, 2013
eluquenson: ASUU fighting for a just cause - Rehabilitation of Nigerian Universities & yet some people kept on barking here that the decision is wise not to be paid.
How will Nigeria develop with this way of doing things, here they support the govt, tomorrow they criticize the govt. Naija with bunch of hypocrites & clueless humans.
Nigerian Universities are ill-equiped, dilapidated..finish
Best comment so far!

I support ASUU to continue the strike and avoid any intimidation from the FG. Government is not doing any favour by paying the lecturers. It is their hard earned money they are fighting for. If our federal legislators are being paid for some irrelevant allowances which is just an avenue to steal money,why should our lecturers not be paid for their hard work? Why should the people who impact knowledge on our children be underpaid more than the fools who sit in NASS doing absolutely nothing?

The strike should continue until their entitlement and allowances are settled!!

1 Like

Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Osazeeee: 11:18am On Oct 11, 2013
BADNEAT: he's ryt...they've started sharing d 30 billA...everything is not about partisanship u knw
Re: FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) by Osazeeee: 11:19am On Oct 11, 2013
[quote

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jambites Did You Noticed This??? / A'eesha Humayrah Abaji, ABU Best Graduating Medical Student / Futminna 2011/2012 Admission Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.