Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (454) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (608703 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 9:29am On Jul 28, 2014
akosh005

List everything you submitted plus finances as usual.. cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by eddydestiny: 9:40am On Jul 28, 2014
@uchelight that is refuser medical can not last more than 3months else u be advice to do another one.if you apply through paper route you include ur pass port and the information you receive was your process passport dispatch to vfs like that omo na refuser.did you receive any mail that your application has been aprove my CIC? if not noting rather than refuser.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by eddydestiny: 9:48am On Jul 28, 2014
Amefrica.yes u can start January session just informed the school your plan to defer and joined next session then they well defer your admission and reissued you another letter of acceptance.just also have at the back of your mined that you extend your visa before its expired whether undwr or pgd or masters.good luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 28, 2014
rawlizo:

Very feasible.

Thanks pal!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 28, 2014
Slimdel: Haba why na cry please make thorough research before you defer OK?
Wish u luck

Thanks sweet! smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 28, 2014
slimmsyyetty: pls house.......
is it compulsory to pay d tuition fee for online application or not

I didn't pay and I smile at my TRV everyday. wink

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 28, 2014
chichi89: Ah oga.

What na, madam?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 28, 2014
akosh005:

Bros, why na. The best place 2 get info is ur sch n d embassy. But remember dat PEI is waiting 4 d prince dis fall. All is well

grin grin

Thanks paddy!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by humanshado: 10:22am On Jul 28, 2014
nnannaidoko: Pls I am new to this thread. I hv a first class in microbiology and I want to apply for a master program in microbiology or biology at two out of University of Victoria Mcgill annd MUN for fall 2015/2016 session. Pls which two schools should I choose out of these, and is it advisable to start contacting professors right now?. Pls I need all the suggestions I can get. Thanks

Congratulations for achieving a 1st class degree, no be beans o.

With your 1st class degree I will advise you to go for the very best universities and include one middle level university as a fall-back. According to Times Higher Education ranking 2014, the top three universities in Canada are:
1)University of Toronto
2)University of British Columbia (UBC)

3)McGill University

I will advise you to choose the top two and add University of Victoria since u are already inclined to it. My reasons are:

1) Employers will be more inclined to consider graduates from top universities
2) These are research intensive universities with large research funds, so getting scholarship is a possibility but competitive
3) If you intend to do a PhD in another school, you will have an advantage because you are coming from a top university
4) The provinces of Ontario where U of Toronto is located and British Columbia where UBC is located have a programme of nominating international postgraduates in Science and Technology for permanent residence without even having a job offer

I won't advise you to go to MUN because it is ranked very low, though it is cheap - No offence to those studying there.

You can start browsing the research interests of professors in the schools you have interest. Tailor your research proposal to what they do and start contacting them. The earlier the better, you can start it now. When you contact a professor make sure you sell yourself by showing your research capabilites and express interest in his or her research area. if you have published a research paper mention that too.

BTW, I started my program in UBC in January 2014 but deferred and came back home to sort out some things with my employer. You will love the city of Vancouver, it is beautiful, though a bit expensive. Am preparing to go back in January 2015 God's Willing. cheers

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Uchlight: 10:28am On Jul 28, 2014
Thanks house for your moral support and courageous words. I do appreciate, @akosh005, vomiraheem, slimdel and @ chichi89. I need your prayers. In God we trust. Since then I ve been bordered. All the same I will keep u all posted.

chichi89: Oh it's paper route! I received a mail from cic that my application had been approved and by the next day it was dispatched. I don't know if they will also send a mail if it isn't approved. I think he should just wait till he gets his package.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 28, 2014
yomiraheem:

/////
@Canafrica, pls bro why not just go and make this your new name established. I understand u may av things to settle like you said....but if u can find a way around it, it'll be cool....is it finances? I went to study in the uk with just 400pounds ..100k naira....my point is a lot of people just get money into acct to show VO, we really don't av this money...so seriously God always make a way for Nigerians although u av to play smart so as to avoid issues from poor finances.....

Now, so far the school allows this and provide u with a letter backing this up, I think u can defer without even contacting d embassy..the skul letter shud clear u at POE..however it means u'll av to extend ur visa b4 the end of ur program cos I don't think it'll cover it, abi?

Anyways bro, I wish u d best...but if pls again, if this issue is something u cud sort out in canny, u shud go...abi u fell in love ni? Ur babe don get belle?..u'r missing beloved naija already?.I wish I fit use ur visa enter and send it back to u when u need by January...lol

LOL! I don't have issues with embassy again nah, lol. Only the POE.

Bolded: Epic! grin grin

Will send you a PM, soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 28, 2014
Haustraliah:
yeah you can.

Thanks boss!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 28, 2014
eddydestiny: Amefrica.yes u can start January session just informed the school your plan to defer and joined next session then they well defer your admission and reissued you another letter of acceptance.just also have at the back of your mined that you extend your visa before its expired whether undwr or pgd or masters.good luck

Thanks bro! cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 28, 2014
humanshado:

With your 1st class degree I will advise you to go for the very best universities and include one middle level university as a fall-back. According to Times Higher Education ranking 2014, the top three universities in Canada are:
1)University of Toronto

3)McGill University

I will advise you to choose the top two and add University of Victoria since u are already inclined to it. My reasons are:

2) These are research intensive universities with large research funds, so getting scholarship is a possibility but competitive
3) If you intend to do a PhD in another school, you will have an advantage because you are coming from a top university
4) The provinces of Ontario where U of Toronto is located and British Columbia where UBC is located have a programme of nominating international postgraduates in Science and Technology for permanent residence without even having a job offer

I won't advise you to go to MUN because it is ranked very low, though it is cheap - No offence to those studying there.

You can start browsing the research interests of professors in the schools you have interest. Tailor your research proposal to what they do and start contacting them. The earlier the better, you can start it now. When you contact a professor make sure you sell yourself by showing your research capabilites and express interest in his or her research area. if you have published a research paper mention that too.

BTW, I started my program in UBC in January 2014 but deferred and came back home to sort out some things with my employer. You will love the city of Vancouver, it is beautiful, though a bit expensive. Am preparing to go back in January 2015 God's Willing. cheers

Nice one.. Whats your take on University of Alberta. I thought it was No 3 in Canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 28, 2014
codebreaker:

Nice one.. Whats your take on University of Alberta. I thought it was No 3 in Canada

Check all the rankings here.. www.4icu.org/ca

Alberta is 3rd.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 28, 2014
humanshado:

1)University of Toronto

3)McGill University

.Thank you very much for taking ur time. The universities u mentioned are top class. Does UBC require gre? because I don't plan on doing it. Thanks ones again. I will like to get more information about contacting potential supervisors.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by worry359(m): 11:00am On Jul 28, 2014
codebreaker:

Rather than take the opinion of people on here.
You could contact the University and department that you are interested in, or their Student Union.
Then you can ask for details of recent past students and the success rate of job placement.
If they have a good success rate they will be proud to give you information.
If they will not then ask yourself why!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by rawlizo(m): 11:09am On Jul 28, 2014
humanshado:

1)University of Toronto

3)McGill University

I beg to differ. 24th position out of 97 universities ain't a very low rank. MUN isn't that bad

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by emperoracro(m): 11:18am On Jul 28, 2014
rawlizo:

I beg to differ. 24th position out of 97 universities ain't a very low rank. MUN isn't that bad

Gegeun! Oga Rawlizo don vex! ;>
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 28, 2014
worry359:

Rather than take the opinion of people on here.
You could contact the University and department that you are interested in, or their Student Union.
Then you can ask for details of recent past students and the success rate of job placement.
If they have a good success rate they will be proud to give you information.
If they will not then ask yourself why!

I think you are mixing things up.. I am pretty sure of UofA cos thats where I am heading to.. I was just trynna let him know that UofA should be in the list if he is to give any recomendation cos its Number 3 in canada if not even the best..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chizzy01(f): 11:40am On Jul 28, 2014
chichi89: My darling,what's up?
am gud n u?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by earthgreeners(m): 11:44am On Jul 28, 2014
@nnannaidoko

Your first class alone wont get you admission...Dont dwell on that..... You are gonna face competition from better candidates...concentrate on submittin a tight application....It wldnt be wise for you to chase only the top ranked unis..u might end up dissapointed. To me, all universities are worth the try

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by earthgreeners(m): 11:50am On Jul 28, 2014
rawlizo:

No mind them..Na by ranking?...Besides, Most Canadian universities (except UofT, McGill & UBC) aint that popular outside Canada...

Even our own University of Capetown and the chinko "Peking University" beat most of them

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by earthgreeners(m): 11:57am On Jul 28, 2014
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by earthgreeners(m): 11:58am On Jul 28, 2014
Amefrica:

Check all the rankings here.. www.4icu.org/ca

Alberta is 3rd.

4icu is a web based ranking..... The correct ranking for .ca is McCleans & Timeshighereducation

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by rawlizo(m): 12:15pm On Jul 28, 2014
emperoracro:
Gegeun! Oga Rawlizo don vex! ;>

Bros nor b vex o. Jst some clarification
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by aekmanweb(m): 12:37pm On Jul 28, 2014
Is it true someone with U.S green card can migrate to Canada without having any issues there in Canada. Please house, i need your insight about this and the procedures. THANKS ALL!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by benzema: 1:19pm On Jul 28, 2014
Trv chopped on friday grin grin cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by worry359(m): 1:35pm On Jul 28, 2014
aekmanweb: Is it true someone with U.S green card can migrate to Canada without having any issues there in Canada. Please house, i need your insight about this and the procedures. THANKS ALL!
You can VISIT Canada with just your green card and passport.
To move & live in Canada requires much more paperwork.
MOST IMPORTENT you will loose your US permanent residency (green card)
So think very hard "Is the grass really greener over there?)

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 28, 2014
lovelydamsel: Haustraliah hello dearie,have you gotten your trv?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 28, 2014
lovelydamsel: Haustraliah hello dearie,have you gotten your trv?
No, Awaiting medical .
I pray all is well.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by toucheli(m): 1:51pm On Jul 28, 2014
earthgreeners:
you are not expected to know...olobe
hahaha, na olobe they connect with olebe..you wan trow stone for market?

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.