Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Her Dad Is Attracted To Her - What Should She Do - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Her Dad Is Attracted To Her - What Should She Do (38855 Views)

Why Is It That A Married Man Is Attracted To Other Ladies? / AT The Age Of 12 Her DAD Still Baths Her In The Bathroom. "Right Or Wrong? / Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Dad Is Attracted To Her - What Should She Do by Udehpaschal1(m): 5:24pm On Oct 15, 2013
jumzzy448: WTF. My advice is ; let her leave the house and go else where. She should also inform her mum.
But the girl is a dunce oo. How can she be dressing. and undressing in front of her dad at 19 I rest my case.
me i wonda oo
Re: Her Dad Is Attracted To Her - What Should She Do by Udehpaschal1(m): 5:30pm On Oct 15, 2013
Hmmmmm. I can see RAPE lingering in the air. The devil is at work.. Run for your dear life before its too late
Re: Her Dad Is Attracted To Her - What Should She Do by TobechukwuEze: 6:35pm On Oct 15, 2013
may God help them
Re: Her Dad Is Attracted To Her - What Should She Do by Honeybabs19: 10:07pm On Oct 15, 2013
Re: Her Dad Is Attracted To Her - What Should She Do by fumisko(f): 11:48pm On Oct 15, 2013
thanks so much. actually to most of the questions i dont kind of live with her in her parent's house so i dont know why her mum would let her be that close. i know shes very very close to her dad but i never knew to what extent. also from what we are all told when we grow up her father is her father and her mother is her mother. her mum stays in the same house, i would admit she can be carefree but i believe she trust them enough. yea both parent's have separate rooms i know she calls her "daddy's girl in fact she teases her with leave my husband for me o go and find your own like jokingly sometimes even when am there. but i also know that she and her mum are always fighting about one thing or the other (mother and teenage daughter issues). i sincerely also cant tell if they have slept with each other as in if it did happen. but i want to believe that she would tell me if it had gotten that far. she believes her dad needs help that is he's too good to hurt her and not that sort of a person(as in a psycho). also i don't think she would naked herself as in strip herself nakedly directly. i think its more like he can enter the room if shes dressing or undressing or bathing in the bathroom. her dad is a doctor(gynecologist actually) so i want to believe that its possible he sees it as no big deal to see her i guess. shes an only child for now. i know the parents have been trying and are still trying i think am not sure. as for those who speak of wearing full clothe at home. well even i at home especially at night wont tie myself like am going somewere. why cant i be free in my home whether my dad is there or not i wear a vest and short and am good to go. so is something bad in dressing at ease at home?
Re: Her Dad Is Attracted To Her - What Should She Do by fumisko(f): 12:35am On Oct 16, 2013
stede:

One of the best comments so far.
I'm a consultant of human psychology, I can tell you 110% that the did was done and likely that she was impregnated which must have been aborted by her father resulting to the trauma, pain, guilt, continuous sobbing and silent cry from my past experience of Human psychology.

2) The story is possible to be a doctored (false) story just to entertain people.
I have handled more than 1000 cases of stuffs like this as a consultant psychologist, so it happens in our community every seconds.
(Father/uncle/brother with sister daughter/relative/lesbianism ) but most folks carpet it within the family to protect the image of the family (home).

It happens in the olden days too, but it so rampant nowadays because of the kind of dresses our ladies wear. (what you see affects your thinking but as a responsible man (father) you should be able to control yourself no matter the circumstances.
Rukky Sandra wore a very stupid leggings to an event recently. I was like *********

3) From the story so far, if it's true which I believe, the girl isn't properly brought-up by her mother (immature/ dull).
The story is incomplete.
-Is she the last born?
-Is she the only female child?
- Is the father's wife her real biological mother
- Is she a product of a broken home?
- Does the mom and dad share separate rooms?
- who spend most time with her at home
-Does the mom live with her father.
- how many times has her father slept with her?
- does the father show any kind of remorse/guilt?
- Is her father mentally sound because I saw something like counselling in the story
- her relationship with her father's wife (mother) good/bad?
-( sleeping on her father's chest) there should be a boundary. is that done openly or within close doors?

Until one is certain about all this, it ll be difficult to come up with the best advice or solution.
Once the third party (e.g friends, relative, pastor/imam) knows about it; it continues to spread and portrays bad image about her(her sisters) than her(their) father. I.e stigmatising her {and her sisters if any} because no MAN with a sense of belonging will ever marry a molested girl).

4) From my past years of experience of human psychology.
"It's possible for the biological father/mother/relative to be doing such.
The did has been done, Telling her mom the story will only add more insult to injury so it should be settle on a lowkey. ( lack of TRUST )

Asking about her biological father from her mom will make matter worse since the deed as already been done. Its like medicine after death.
How would you feel if your kids ask such a silly insulting, embarrassing and annoying question?
Do you think the mother will ever tell the truth.
Leaving the house isn't the solution ( ori bibe koni ogun ori fifo - meaning cutting your head doesn't cure your headache.
A Segun Osewa won't be her father.
None of us can give fatherly care like her father (blood is thicker than water).
The only solution so the story is incomplete is that there should boundaries.

Finally, the blames goes to the mother. The mother should be blamed.
She is so naïve, nonchalant and insensitive.
She should have curb the excess before going that far.
I'm quite sure, no father ll allow such an intimate relationship with her wife.

So I ll say it the careless of the mother;
My advice to all aspiring mothers and mothers is protecting their female wards can best achieved by them ( female child interaction with the society)
The mother should know there is a limit to every thing
A female child is more complex (extra care/fragile/weaker vessel) as compared to a male child

shes the first and last(only child)
yes its her mum (her father's wife) i used that word there maybe because it best described what i wanted to explain there i think
their family are together (mum n dad)and from what i know happy.
yes i know her mum's room is different and her dads own too
her dad is a doctor and comes back home late. the mum is a nurse and goes on night duties too and come back in the morning so when her mum is on night duty shes with her dad and she cooks his food (food for the house), wash his clothe etc when she is home
she said he hasn't slept with her except those advances she thought was normal since the were close....until she realized there was more to the gestures on that night he attempted taking from her.
yes the father i feel felt terrible about it. cus in her own words(i wasn't there) he told her(actually a phone sms) that come what maybe he's sorry and he wanted her to know that he would never hurt his own that he loves so dearly and that he would seek help with his all. she showed me the message. i guess that explains why he's seeing is it a counselor, or psychologist or sociologist or what( whatever its called). she n her mum argue alot they hardly agree that i know (teenage issues with girls and mum)
yes the gesture is public. i have been in her home and she has sat on her father's laps in the sitting room, eat the food his eating, steal his meat, even her mother's meat. looool so i guess much more happens in that house that is quite normal to them
Re: Her Dad Is Attracted To Her - What Should She Do by Ruq: 1:47am On Oct 16, 2013
^^
And the pops as never given you a raunchy look ?
Re: Her Dad Is Attracted To Her - What Should She Do by jap132: 3:50am On Oct 16, 2013
This is lust and not luv it is spiritual and can not be handle physically. In fact, been possessed with a demon, they should seek for a TRUE man of GOD and be deliver, or else they will ever regret the step they have taken, in other word may results to a generational curse.
Re: Her Dad Is Attracted To Her - What Should She Do by walexguru: 5:38am On Oct 16, 2013
i will be sleeping at the sitting room my bedroom will be enough for you. come without hesitating. run for your life
Re: Her Dad Is Attracted To Her - What Should She Do by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 16, 2013
I'm a psychologist and from what I've read so far.

I am sure to an extent that you're not your fathers biological child.

Most times when this kind of story arises, if the child involved is the only child, there is a 95% chance that the

child was adopted due to the fact that the parents were not able to bear a child together.

For the poster. Please I will need you to ask your parents the following questions.

1. Why am I the only child?
2. Is there anything you're not telling me about myself?
3. When am I expecting a younger sibling?

1 Like

Re: Her Dad Is Attracted To Her - What Should She Do by Vires: 10:25am On Oct 16, 2013
for those saying she should go and marry
she should just walk into a supermarket and pick a husband off the shelf!!!!!! abi ?

But on a serious note she should tell her mother, this attraction has been growing for TWO YEARS, it didn't just start last week, but TWO YEARS

She had to plead with him 9 TIMES for him to come to his senses, that is serious!!!!! some other guy might have r@ped her by then

Being an only child, she has lived a pampered and sheltered life, but its not an excuse, but she needs to grow up.

Her father being a gyny, hope he hasn't tried it on his patients, now wants to try it on his daughter
Re: Her Dad Is Attracted To Her - What Should She Do by mikella: 10:26am On Oct 16, 2013
Seriously this is weird,but it does happen.i think de man is impaired.we need to Know a lot in dis story.as a behavioral scientist this two people ve done something closer and gone pass this stage .
Re: Her Dad Is Attracted To Her - What Should She Do by fumisko(f): 11:39am On Oct 16, 2013
Alexkene: I'm a psychologist and from what I've read so far.

I am sure to an extent that you're not your fathers biological child.

Most times when this kind of story arises, if the child involved is the only child, there is a 95% chance that the

child was adopted due to the fact that the parents were not able to bear a child together.

For the poster. Please I will need you to ask your parents the following questions.

1. Why am I the only child?
2. Is there anything you're not telling me about myself?
3. When am I expecting a younger sibling?
no seriously i fink her parents are are parents there is stack resemblance no doubt. so maybe after her they tryed for more and it wasnt forth coming. but they are still trying i know of that sha.

Re: Her Dad Is Attracted To Her - What Should She Do by tomnmenace(m): 12:45pm On Oct 16, 2013
modele2: I dont understand why people fail to apply simple details of modesty and separation. Why should she be sleeping in her dads room at that age? Why should he even come into her room anyhow? Why should she be scantly dressed in the house? After inviting the devil we start shouting.

When i was unmarried my father NEVER once came into my room, he calls me from far. Those are little details of modesty and respect for the other person. At an age i would not even allow my husband bathe my daughter, infact the guy would not even agree sef......Please she should use common sence and apply modesty with her dealings with her father. No more night gists, no more entering of room e.t.c. Next time she should give him a dirty slap when he becomes fisky.

angry
try giving a pervert a slap wen his hands are squeezing ur bum and he's trying to kiss ur n*pples and u'd know tha full definition of a 'TURN ON'

tha girl irrationally liked tha closeness and advances and has got bleeped once or twice but is now overwhelmed with guilt and is gored by the fact that tha dad is now inflamed by this desire and doesn't wonna stop.

..Now whu are does that said she shouldnt tell her mum or some close elderly person to get this sh*it blasted rit tru??
- I guess she should get pregnant for tha dad then!

** wen tha gangrene sets in, tha only solution is to amputate!! **
Re: Her Dad Is Attracted To Her - What Should She Do by benjibabs(m): 7:50am On Oct 21, 2013
It is very sad to see a sweet innocent relationship go sour. sad

In as much as parents should be "friends" with their children there has to be clear boundaries.

Dad enters toilet to pee when daughter is bathing
Dad enters room when daughter is dressing /undressing
Dad slaps daughter's bums
Dad gives extended hugs
Daughter steals dad's meat
Sleeping over in dad's room

All these are telltale signs that dad/daughter boundary was either never established or has been broken down. When boundaries do not exist or got broken there is bound to be problems. Parents should be sensitive to their children's transition periods and establish appropriate boundaries as they (kids) transitioned from stage to stage.

The inordinate familiarity between the dad and her daughter has led to ungodly attraction. Constant exposure to her daughters youthful juicy endowments has desensitized the dad to the blood relationship between them.

While I'm not completely ruling our spiritual aspect to this issue, it will be better to start seeking resolution by first tackling the obvious physical errors. You should start by cutting off the excesses I mentioned above - lock door whenever you need to be naked, don't condone any act of sexual advancement e.t.c. In a nut shell, all those unusual things that have been normalized should by corrected.

Answers to your questions:
Is it normal for men to be attracted to their daughters? It is not normal, but could happen. As it has been mentioned on this thread, men are quite visual; however, self control is the key. If the father could control himself with women outside of his home, he should be able to control himself where his daughter is concerned. A proper boundary would've helped to keep any unlawful attraction at manageable level.

Her behavior towards him ?
Obviously, the dad does not only need help with self control but also with his child upbringing principles. I will go with helping him especially when she has not succeeded in him ungodly quest. She should continue to relate to him as the loving and caring dad she knows him to be, but put up and maintain that boundary mentioned above.

How to behave normal like it never happened?
First, she should not try to live in denial as this will make it worse. She should accept it happened, try to understand why it happened and seek healing.
Second, would it be ease to continue life as usual? No! Part of the consequences of the issue will be the awkwardness that has surfaced in their relationship. It will be a struggle at the beginning, but with time it will get better if properly handled.

How can she stop him from wanting her and she if she gets molested?

She cannot stop him; and yes, she could get molested. What should she do? Get someone else involved. Secrecy will never produce a solution. While I understand that he is seeing a shrink already, an accountability partner other than the shrink will go a long way to help. Who would be the best candidate for this task? Your guess is as good as mine - your mum! While I agree with you that this will be difficult and will rock the boat of your "blissful" home, the pros outweighs the cons. Once your mum is aware, your dad will sit up. Your mum should be able to help you get through the situation, but be prepare as this could open up a can of worm 'cos your mum will question your dad's faithfulness to her. At this point you have to use wisdom before telling your mum. If by your judgement, your mum will not be able to handle it please approach a trusted close family member. Don't keep it between you and your dad alone!!!

In whichever path you decide to follow, always have these truth at the back of your mind:
1.) You are the victim
2.) Telling your mum does not make you a bad person or guilt of destroying your "blissful" home as your dad suggested. You are only telling the truth.
3.) Your dad destroyed the bliss in his home the day he tried to have you
4.) Telling you to keep it secret is an attempt to escape from the consequences of his action

By the way, did I commend you for standing your ground when he tried to taste the forbidden fruit? Good job! I can only imagine what both of you will be going through now if you had consented.

I pray that the almighty God will grant you wisdom and courage to take the right step in Jesus name - amen.

Remain blessed.

Shalom cool
Re: Her Dad Is Attracted To Her - What Should She Do by simdam500(m): 12:10pm On Oct 21, 2013
sparta: i never enter my brothers' room without knocking and they never enter mine without knocking. How much more my parents' room? Crapy upbringing indeed.
coooool...

It not a matter of spirituality neither is it physical... it just a matter of Upbringing
Re: Her Dad Is Attracted To Her - What Should She Do by Youngpo413: 7:54pm On Oct 13, 2014
alutacontinua:
I GIVVUP ON THAT ORGAN CALLED P*ENIS!!! embarassed embarassed
BRB

i dey tell you
Re: Her Dad Is Attracted To Her - What Should She Do by franco3075q(m): 6:07am On Dec 03, 2015
Avoid him b4 he clean ur plug

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Can A 37 Yrs Old Single Lady Attract Suitors? / My Funny Experience In My Uncle's House / My Baby's Transformation...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.