Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,431 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (453906 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (501) (Go Down)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by justwise(m): 10:24pm On Oct 17, 2013
Its that time again when we have to create part5 of this thread, the part4 has reached 400 pages and need to be discontinued.

Please continue posting your inquiries and contributions here.

Part4 is here for references. https://www.nairaland.com/1229483/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part4

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Thank you

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 10:32pm On Oct 17, 2013
wow, this just keeps getting better and better.

Good job, Justwise!...where's everyone?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Dot1(m): 10:43pm On Oct 17, 2013
Cool we now have Part 5. We can make it a 5-star part
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 17, 2013
The ministry is moving to the permanent site. Welcome to season 5. very best wishes to all spring hopefuls.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:47pm On Oct 17, 2013
OMG!!!... I cant believe my post was the last post on part 4 thread.. Wow!! Thats a record!!!!
Welcome on board US of A students and good work to Just Da Wise (justwise)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olarwarlay(m): 10:57pm On Oct 17, 2013
I wish everyone that will be going for their interview on this new part Success... The Lord that answered myself and others in part 4 will answer y'all before the end of this part 5 and may he grant your heart desires.

God Bless y'all.....

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by sholay2011(m): 11:00pm On Oct 17, 2013
Space booked.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 11:03pm On Oct 17, 2013
olarwarlay: I wish everyone that will be going for their interview on part 5 of this great thread success... May God grant your heart desires.

God Bless y'all.....

Amen....... Oooooo..... Thanks for your best wishes name sake!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 11:04pm On Oct 17, 2013
Welcome to part 5. I joined this thread last year when it was on part 3. Now its on part 5! With the rate at which this thread is moving so fast, I expect we'd have part 15 in less than 3 years. cheesy

Walspring: OMG!!!... I cant believe my post was the last post on part 4 thread.. Wow!! Thats a record!!!!
Welcome on board US of A students and good work to Just Da Wise (justwise)

Oops! Sorry! It ain't your post but Amefrica's! grin

Babs911:

Have always respect your word boss thanks all is
well that's my believe forever.
Here it goes...
Vo: good mornin
Me: good mornin sir with smile and he return d
smile.
Vo: u are travelling to califonia
Me: yes
Vo: what's d name of ur sku
Me: tell him
Vo: y dis sku?
Me: tell him how its inspired me and made me to
choose it
Vo: but there is a lot of skus in ca
Me: yes I specifically choose this all in the name of
their success story record for over thirty years and
how dey assigned sku officers to student for proper
guidance including their ets centre
Vo: ok he stopped and start lookin at his pc typing.
Me: keep praying
Vo: lift up my i-20 and asked who is your
sponsored?
Me: my cousin
Vo: y your cousin?
Me: because he has been d one upkeep my
expenses since my childhood
Vo: are you currently living wit him?
Me: yes
Vo: did you know anybody in califonia?
Me: no I don't know anybody just my sku officer I do
contacted.
Vo: but y califonia
Me: still tell him how comfortable for me to study
there and my future ambition.
Vo: ok he finally typed something on pc and later
face me and said sorry you are denied under section
21stuff with the form giving to me alongside my
doc.
Me: thank you and asked him few question and walk away.
NB: my denial was under section of can't proof a
strong tie to my foreign country. That's all Comment a way forward people.

First off, what's the name of your school?

Second, you didn't give him a cogent reason for choosing California as a state.

Finally, were you interviewed at Abuja? Was it the white male VO that interviewed you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 11:06pm On Oct 17, 2013
Walspring:

Amen....... Oooooo..... Thanks for your best wishes name sake!!
@Walspring

How's it going?, I see you made the jump with us.
Part 5 is where we'll all accomplish great deeds, I'd like to make a toast "To Greatness and Prosperity in our endeavours"

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 11:06pm On Oct 17, 2013
Part 4 of the thread has been closed. We are now on part 5. The registration details for GRE and TOEFL have been posted on the first page of this part 5 for ease of access.

Success.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 11:08pm On Oct 17, 2013
TO PROSPECTIVE GRE AND TOEFL TEST TAKERS:

It is no longer a hidden fact that GRE and TOEFL test takers in Nigeria cannot register for the test online. Even someone registering on your behalf from abroad is banned once the test taker would still be writing in Nigeria.

Well, I have good news for you. Are you aware
that you could still register for the exam by yourself, fast and at the lower official ETS test fee?
All you need to do is simply call ETS and register! Its that simple. Just as you can call to schedule a visa appointment, so can you call to register for your GRE/TOEFL test! If saving money is your priority, rather than wasting N50,000 needlessly on GRE agents and enriching their bank accounts when you could simply do it yourself at the cheaper official GRE price of $185(N29600) or at $175(N28,000) for TOEFL, then this option is best for you.

To register, you'll need the following:

1) Your GRE account login details on the ETS website. If you don't have an account already, quickly visit http://www.ets.org/gre to create your account. For TOEFL, you'll need your TOEFL account login details on the ETS website. If you don't have an account already, quickly visit http://www.ets.org/toefl to create your account.

2) A valid GTB MasterCard. I can't really vouch for other types of debit cards because I've not used them before. However, I'm sure of GTB MasterCard because it never fails to work. Take note of the 16- digit card number printed on the front of the card, the expiry date (month and year) also embossed on the front of the card and lastly, the c.v.v code, which is the 3-digit code printed on the back of your ATM card. Have these details handy because you'll need to provide them to the agent to enable them make the payment over there for you. Of course, I need
not remind you that you must have funds of, at least, the registration fee amount in your account for a successful payment.

After you must have done the above, then you're ready to go. Call the ETS Registration Center on +31320239593. That is the phone number of the ETS Registration center or Region 9 located in Netherlands and it is the ETS center, out of the 12 regional registration centers worldwide, in charge of registering Nigerians for TOEFL and GRE. Once you call, you'll hear the voice prompt and wait to be connected to the next available customer agent. Once you're connected, the agent will ask you for your login details which will enable him log into your account and register you over there by himself.

First, you'll be asked for these details - first name, middle name, surname, address, date of birth, phone number, email address, preferred test center and test date.. So keep these information prepared and handy.

Second, comes the payment stage. At this stage you'll provide the agent with your ATM card details to enable him/her key in the data and make the payment himself. Once successful, you'll be told by the agent and also receive an email immediately containing your examination e-ticket.

PS: Be sure to recharge, at least, N750 credit on your phone as you'll be spending some good quality time on the call (15-20 minutes).

Please, this is in no way a scam but rather, its one of the valid means of registering for the GRE or TOEFL test as you'll see stated on the ETS website:

http://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/register/cbt/

http://www.ets.org/toefl/ibt/register?WT.ac=toeflhome_ibtregister_121127

However, only a few people know about this easy and cheap means. Several members from this forum have registered successfully by this means and have taken their GRE/TOEFL exams.
Success.

http://www.ets.org/s/mygre/rrc.html
www.ets.org/s/toefl/pdf/toefl_ibt_rrcs_11-12.pdf

FOR TOEFL TEST TAKERS WHO WISH TO ORDER ADDITIONAL SCORE REPORTS

If you wish to order an additional TOEFL score report to a school you're applying to, you can also do it by the same calling method.

You'll need the following:

1) A visa card. The TOEFL portal accepts only Visa Cards. Access bank Visa card is a reliable visa card and works efficiently. Diamond bank visa card has been noted as to not work always. For Access bank visa cards, you'll need to verify your card first before you can be able to use it for online payments. Verification simply entails getting your I-Pin. To verify, simply walk to the nearest Access Bank ATM, slot in your card, click on 'change I-Pin' and enter any 4-digit I-pin of your choice. The I-Pin is different from your usual 4-digit pin and both SHOULD never be the same.

2) Your first, middle and last names, Address, Date of birth, and Email address details. This is especially important for those who may be calling to order on behalf of someone else. The TOEFL agents ordinarily won't attend to any other person other than the test taker. However, to get by this, the person you're ordering for on his behalf(maybe because you're using your own visa card for the payment), SHOULD provide you with the details outlined above. Be ready to provide the details when the call gets through and the agents asks for them.

3) The ordering report fee is $18 or N2,970(using N165 to $1 exchange rate). Ensure that you have up to this amount in your account for a successful payment.

As usual, your card details(name on card, card's number, expiry date and c.v.v code) will be asked from you.

The number to call is +16097717100 ,and not +31320239593, which is purely for GRE/TOEFL registrations.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jonnyp(m): 11:10pm On Oct 17, 2013
@walspring how far..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 11:14pm On Oct 17, 2013
See as everybody's rushing to comment to be the among the first that commented on the first page. grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 11:17pm On Oct 17, 2013
bigfrancis21: See as everybody's rushing to comment to be the among the first that commented on the first page. grin grin
grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by rawlizo(m): 11:18pm On Oct 17, 2013
Part 5, Wow!! Amazing. This is progress, productive . I greet y'all

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by obotubong: 11:26pm On Oct 17, 2013
hello house based on the last guys interview, is it better you have someone at the state your uni is so as to create ties with the foreign country
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by winbyforce: 11:33pm On Oct 17, 2013
We Start this Season 5 in the name of the father and of the son and the holy spirit . My testimony must be here by fire, by force IJN amen. May many wonderful testimonies and visa successes be on this new thread. Amen smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 11:52pm On Oct 17, 2013
justwise: Its that time again when we have to create part5 of this thread, the part4 has reached 400 pages and need to be discontinued.

Part4 is here for references. https://www.nairaland.com/1229483/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part4

Thank you

We shall keep smiling, smiley sharing, helping and wining!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by winbyforce: 12:06am On Oct 18, 2013
bigfrancis21: See as everybody's rushing to comment to be the among the first that commented on the first page. grin grin
You too follow join na grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by winbyforce: 12:13am On Oct 18, 2013
Just got an admit at UNMC. Trying to see if I can secure some funding there, otherwise 'mba' undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 12:52am On Oct 18, 2013
winbyforce: Just got an admit at UNMC. Trying to see if I can secure some funding there, otherwise 'mba' undecided

Congrats on the admission @Winbyforce. Funding is also important because it's crazy here without any form of funding...

Na to storm embassy soon collect your visa. All da best.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 12:57am On Oct 18, 2013
Wow! It's a new season, pray this season is filled with plenty success stories.

*whispering* the first person to narrate his/her success story in this Part5 gets a free ticket to Obamaland.

Speaking for Seun and Justwise grin grin grin just kidding o...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 1:08am On Oct 18, 2013
obotubong: hello house based on the last guys interview, is it better you have someone at the state your uni is so as to create ties with the foreign country

On the contrary, it's even a RED FLAG to say you have someone in the US especially if the person is your relative. However, It's not as if they deny everybody that confirms that to them. What matters is to show honesty, credibility and strong tie outside the US - Naija (NOT STRONG TIE IN US)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 1:13am On Oct 18, 2013

hmmm... See kettle calling pot black cheesy You are also a victim...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 1:23am On Oct 18, 2013
At last new thread starts. Let's see who would be the first to be celebrated here.

justwise: Its that time again when we have to create part5 of this thread, the part4 has reached 400 pages and need to be discontinued.

Thank you

Ok sir. We shall keep smiling.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 1:36am On Oct 18, 2013
@Babs911:

Sorry about the delay. I must say you were denied/delayed because you didn't show strong ties to Nigeria and the answer to why your cousin was sponsoring wasn't convicing. The VO was curious about why would your cousin spend so much on you. Of what benefit is that to your cousin? The VO won't state it directly like that but a perfect/convicing response to that question guarantees a strong tie... Please work on it...

I doubt if you can still meet up with Nov 4 or you write the school to give you an extension...

There are still more to say to you and how to prepare for the next interview. Please send me a PM.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by sobastical: 2:06am On Oct 18, 2013
I pray and I declare that as this thread is progressing even onto its 5 part now there shall be loads if proofs of testimonies in Jesus name.. Everyone going for the next interview shall testify and sing a new song unto the Lord. Amen.

God bless everyone...

It's your turn to testify.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 2:27am On Oct 18, 2013
winbyforce: Just got an admit at UNMC. Trying to see if I can secure some funding there, otherwise 'mba' undecided

UNMC, Omaha I heard it's nice. I got some schools for myself but haven't started applying until Nov. However, may have to defer the admission till 2015 once I get it undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 2:49am On Oct 18, 2013
i will be the first to be celebrated in this season 5... Amen!!!

imperiouxx: At last new thread starts. Let's see who would be the first to be celebrated here.

Ok sir. We shall keep smiling.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 2:51am On Oct 18, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Oops! Sorry! It ain't your post but Amefrica's! grin

Amefrica's post was eaten so his post is no where to be found, automatically my post was the last post on part 4 thread... LOL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 2:52am On Oct 18, 2013
sobastical: I pray and I declare that as this thread is progressing even onto its 5 part now there shall be loads if proofs of testimonies in Jesus name.. Everyone going for the next interview shall testify and sing a new song unto the Lord. Amen.

God bless everyone...

It's your turn to testify.

Amen oooooo cos its my own turn to testify and sing a new song unto the lord

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.