Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,429 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454652 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 3:13am On Oct 20, 2013
Ms Nas:
As you said....it has a clause.
It says on the website that "Students are not eligible for on-campus employment in their first semester, unless they have written approval from the Department Chair, Director, or their Advisor, as to why they need the job". Convincing your advisor you need a job isn't a hard thing to do. My advisor got me my job undecided

I no say na your school be that. Thanks for clarifying everything. I knew a clause must be behind all that mess. Still the school no dey try abeg.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 3:14am On Oct 20, 2013
Walspring:

Just check your junks or spam you will see the NL message there...

Thanks seen wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 3:22am On Oct 20, 2013
Walspring:

Read the link below and i am sure it will explain to you better but i still advise you to contact your DSO cos some school are differ from each other

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=e34c83453d4a3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=e34c83453d4a3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD

Thanks for the link Walspring but it has only buttressed my point grin and at the bolded, cheesy undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 3:28am On Oct 20, 2013
Ms Nas:
It says on the website that "Students are not eligible for on-campus employment in their first semester, unless they have written approval from the Department Chair, Director, or their Advisor, stating they need the job". Convincing your advisor you need a job isn't a hard thing to do. My advisor got me my job undecided

tansk you for the clarification grin wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 3:40am On Oct 20, 2013
imperiouxx:

I no say na your school be that. Thanks for clarifying everything. I knew a clause must be behind all that mess. Still the school no dey try abeg.
grin grin you don vex? Dem no dey follow the rule ojare. Leave rule for ruler. grin
lisadem:

tansk you for the clarification grin wink
Tansk ke? grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by OjaP: 3:55am On Oct 20, 2013
Ms Nas:
It says on the website that "Students are not eligible for on-campus employment in their first semester, unless they have written approval from the Department Chair, Director, or their Advisor, stating they need the job". Convincing your advisor you need a job isn't a hard thing to do. My advisor got me my job undecided

What are you feeling like? undecided undecided tongue tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 4:03am On Oct 20, 2013
OjaP:

What are you feeling like? undecided undecided tongue tongue
Prof Wey no answer my PM angry

grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 4:05am On Oct 20, 2013
Ms Nas:
grin grin you don vex? Dem no dey follow the rule ojare. Leave rule for ruler. grin

Yea, it's logical..... no job, no assimilation. Schools won't like that from their students.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 4:12am On Oct 20, 2013
imperiouxx:

Yea, it's logical..... no job, no assimilation. Schools won't like that from their students.
grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 8:40am On Oct 20, 2013
lisadem:

Thanks seen wink

Make we thank God!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Babs911(m): 9:13am On Oct 20, 2013
imperiouxx:

Do you mean me? I sent you messages that same night.
Got ur mail and reply u boss. Fenks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Babs911(m): 9:14am On Oct 20, 2013
lisadem:

just sent your an email. check your gmail box and let's get started...
Got dat boss and i reply u (Baraka Lah Fil)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 11:12am On Oct 20, 2013
waledudu: Hi pals.. Can someone with cgpa of 2.70 do master direct in d US?

Yes. You can. Your CGPA on the US 4-point scale is likely to be between 2.70/4.0 to 2.8/4.0 and the range can secure you masters admission in the US. However, you'll need to apply to schools that have lower minimum UG CGPA requirement. Some schools have 2.70/4.0 as minimum and you should apply to those schools.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by UNIXLover(m): 11:51am On Oct 20, 2013
Hello guys,
I am gradually gathering documents .What of you cant get any lecturer to give you Letter of Recommendation? What Next?
Also,while sending mails to school,should i make it clear that i will be needing GA/TA and the likes?

Does my SOP have to contains all details about my Educations,Working experience?

I am just trying to shoot right once.

Any Advise will be highly Appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 11:57am On Oct 20, 2013
FOR TOEFL TEST TAKERS WHO WISH TO ORDER ADDITIONAL SCORE REPORTS

If you wish to order an additional TOEFL score report to a school you're applying to, you can also do it by the same calling method.

You'll need the following:

1) A visa card. The TOEFL portal accepts only Visa Cards. Access bank Visa card is a reliable visa card and works efficiently. Diamond bank visa card has been noted as to not work always. For Access bank visa cards, you'll need to verify your card first before you can be able to use it for online payments. Verification simply entails getting your I-Pin. To verify, simply walk to the nearest Access Bank ATM, slot in your card, click on 'change I-Pin' and enter any 4-digit I-pin of your choice. The I-Pin is different from your usual 4-digit pin and both SHOULD never be the same.

2) Your first, middle and last names, Address, Date of birth, and Email address details. This is especially important for those who may be calling to order on behalf of someone else. The TOEFL agents ordinarily won't attend to any other person other than the test taker. However, to get by this, the person you're ordering for on his behalf(maybe because you're using your own visa card for the payment), SHOULD provide you with the details outlined above. Be ready to provide the details when the call gets through and the agents asks for them.

3) The ordering report fee is $18 or N2,970(using N165 to $1 exchange rate). Ensure that you have up to this amount in your account for a successful payment.

As usual, your card details(name on card, card's number, expiry date and c.v.v code) will be asked from you.

The number to call is +16097717100 ,and not +31320239593, which is purely for GRE/TOEFL registrations.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 12:04pm On Oct 20, 2013
Part 4 of the thread has been closed. We are now on part 5. The registration details for GRE and TOEFL have been posted on the first page of this part 5 for ease of access.

The direct link to the post on the first page is:

https://www.nairaland.com/1482362/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part5#18899736

Success.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 2:47pm On Oct 20, 2013
UNIXLover: Hello guys,
I am gradually gathering documents .What of you cant get any lecturer to give you Letter of Recommendation? What Next?
Also,while sending mails to school,should i make it clear that i will be needing GA/TA and the likes?

Does my SOP have to contains all details about my Educations,Working experience?

Your HOD should be able to write you recommendation but since they are on strike, you will have to wait or look for a way to contact the HOD.

Yes, if your school says they give GA and you meet up the requirement, then you'll have to submit GA application while applying for admission.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by UNIXLover(m): 3:45pm On Oct 20, 2013
Thank you Imperioux.
imperiouxx:

Your HOD should be able to write you recommendation but since they are on strike, you will have to wait or look for a way to contact the HOD.

Yes, if your school says they give GA and you meet up the requirement, then you'll have to submit GA application while applying for admission.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by smithjanetstore: 3:58pm On Oct 20, 2013
PART 5 PAGE 5 MOTI GORA MI SHA JJC LOLZ
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 4:00pm On Oct 20, 2013
smithjanetstore: PART 5 PAGE 5 MOTI GORA MI SHA JJC LOLZ

grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 5:28pm On Oct 20, 2013
Babs911: Got ur mail and reply u boss. Fenks

Sir, check out this lady's experience. A PART 1 post by one FOLAKEMITO: https://www.nairaland.com/240241/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries/259#8865202

Give it a close reading and make something out of it. Hope it helps, sir. God's best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by talktobetchu: 5:28pm On Oct 20, 2013
This is simply terrific!
* Bravo* to you all. I welcome myself to the realistic world of Nairaland.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 5:38pm On Oct 20, 2013
talktobetchu: This is simply terrific!
* Bravo* to you all. I welcome myself to the realistic world of Nairaland.

grin and your life will never remain the same again. Forward EVER, backward NEVER [s]for learning and culture sports and struggle GREAT IFE[/s]...

Welcome sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by constant57: 7:34pm On Oct 20, 2013
UNIXLover: Hello guys,

You can always get recommendations from any of your lecturers even during dis strike period. All you need is to build rapport with them. In my case, i forwarded a mail to them , followed up with a call, and delivered wines to their offices (call it bribery or watever---lol). Just manage them well am sure u wld be fine. Good luck to u in ur endeavours.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by UNIXLover(m): 8:15pm On Oct 20, 2013
Thanks for your response. My fear is those Profs in my department weren't that friendly.But i am willing to try.
constant57:
You can always get recommendations from any of your lecturers even during dis strike period. All you need is to build rapport with them. In my case, i forwarded a mail to them , followed up with a call, and delivered wines to their offices (call it bribery or watever---lol). Just manage them well am sure u wld be fine. Good luck to u in ur endeavours.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iamchux(m): 8:24pm On Oct 20, 2013
Amefrica:

I wanna become the Minister for foreign affairs here in 9ja later in life.

I dont know what jobs i can get with it in US.. Any idea from you will be appreciated.

babyosisi:

Maybe if you did a teachers certification after that you could teach history and social studies in elementary and middle school
I don't see any other ready prospects to be honest
Many localities are always hiring teachers
If you are ready to move anywhere,I am sure there is a school district that would want you enough to file for an H1B
Amefrica:

Roger! How much would one make as wages teaching a class

This conversation got me laughing and rolling off my bed! grin grin grin
Amefrica, my everywhere guy... cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by openera: 8:47pm On Oct 20, 2013
Pls I want to ask:
1. For those in usa already, what is the average duration for completion of MSc & for PhD?
2. What were the considerations you made when choosing a state? Location? Weather? Standard of living?
3. How much do you spend on the average monthly in usa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 8:51pm On Oct 20, 2013
iamchux:
This conversation got me laughing and rolling off my bed! grin grin grin
Amefrica, my everywhere guy... cheesy

grin grin grin

The prefix is Ame- and suffix is -frica of course. The Id means from one pole (0 GMT) of the earth to the other (~ -6 MT). So, what do you expect?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 9:20pm On Oct 20, 2013
Ms Nas:

Tansk ke? grin
beeni jare grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 9:29pm On Oct 20, 2013
Countdown to my birthday tomorrow! 3 hours to go cheesy

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 9:41pm On Oct 20, 2013
open_era: Pls I want to ask:
1. For those in usa already, what is the average duration for completion of MSc & for PhD?

The average duration for MSc is 2 years and PhD is 4 years, all dependent on the program and the number of semester credit hours to take...

2. What were the considerations you made when choosing a state? Location? Weather? Standard of living?
There isn't a correct answer to this question because we've got different tastes and standards. You might choose a state because you've got some friends/relatives already living there and hence, settling down will be facilitated. you can also choose a place that isn't known for a harsh weather. you also want a place with a high standard but average cost of living... Most importantly is the reputation of the school you are chosen, job prospect after graduation if you wanna live/work in America and so on. So many other things to consider...

3. How much do you spend on the average monthly in usa?
This again is dependent on the State. Using my State Texas as a case study: The average should be about $500-1000, rent fees, electricity bills, internet/cable fees, phone bills,feeding and other miscellaneous inclusive...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 9:51pm On Oct 20, 2013
Babs911: Got dat boss and i reply u (Baraka Lah Fil)
check your email again and reply quickly. (Amin wa ayakum)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.