Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,263 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? (34211 Views)

Cushitic People / Cushitic people the most beautiful people on Earth / Ilaje People(the Only Oil Producing Tribe In Yoruba Land):let Us Meet Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Go Down)

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by EfemenaXY: 5:07pm On Oct 25, 2013
^^ Why's your post hidden?

Have you broken nland rules? I sure would have liked to see your response to my last post. Anyway, I looked up that strange word you typed: Aethiopoid and what I found on google was quite degoratory, so I won't mention any of that here. Suffice to say, your race is looked upon as a poor copy of the European features and are therefore referred to as dark / black Europeans. Ouch!

It shows that you lot don't even have your own independent race definition but are seen as a lower subset / class of your superior Europeans. Sounds like a hard pill to swallow.

1 Like

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Fulaman198(m): 5:50pm On Oct 25, 2013
Keep the thread on topic ladies and gents. Thank you
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 25, 2013
No point in arguing about beauty. That is objective for the most part...

I don't think hiding my post was warranted. When beauty is spoken of, discussions on race and self identity are never far behind.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Fulaman198(m): 6:03pm On Oct 25, 2013
EnlightenedSoul: No point in arguing about beauty. That is objective for the most part...

I don't think hiding my post was warranted. When beauty is spoken of, discussions on race and self identity are never far behind.

Your post was only hidden because it quoted another post that was irrelevant to the thread. Sorry if I have upset you
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 25, 2013
Fulaman198:

Your post was only hidden because it quoted another post that was irrelevant to the thread. Sorry if I have upset you

I'm not offended. But I think his post was also relevant, although it was false of him to generalize. Ajuran was being offensive after all.

The "Cushitic" in the title of the question almost invites the poster to entertain linguistic, racial and ethnic differences.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by EfemenaXY: 6:10pm On Oct 25, 2013
There are so many hidden posts, I don't see any of Ajuran's responses to mine - sort of makes me feel I'm discussing with myself! undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Fulaman198(m): 6:12pm On Oct 25, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

I'm not offended. But I think his post was also relevant, although it was false of him to generalize. He was being offended after all.

The "Cushitic" in the title of the question almost invites the poster to entertain linguistic, racial and ethnic differences.

I think the issue is if there needs to be a thread of how Ayanle classifies himself, then he should make that thread elsewhere. The entire previous page was about how Ayanle wants Somalis to be classified. This is supposed to be a thread about how some perceive "beauty"
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Zairois: 6:13pm On Oct 25, 2013
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, which is why some people find motorcycles to be amazing while others are drawn to SUVs . This somali dust believes he's beautiful when I doubt he even gets hot somali girls. Now if we go by his guidelines Somalis are also ugly compared to Arabs who have light colored eyes legit soft hair and an amazing history that actually benefitted the whole world, the prophet of their religion is from their people.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Fulaman198(m): 6:14pm On Oct 25, 2013
Efemena_xy: There are so many hidden posts, I don't see any of Ajuran's responses to mine - sort of makes me feel I'm discussing with myself! undecided lipsrsealed

Hello Efemena_xy, if you could please open up a separate thread with Ayanle discussing the things you both were discussing.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by EfemenaXY: 6:17pm On Oct 25, 2013
^^ Hmmm... I hear you loud and clear, but no - there won't be any need for that. smiley
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 25, 2013
Fulaman198:

I think the issue is if there needs to be a thread of how Ayanle classifies himself, then he should make that thread elsewhere. The entire previous page was about how Ayanle wants Somalis to be classified. This is supposed to be a thread about how some perceive "beauty"

Yes, but that was in answer to a someone challenging that classification. Not to defend him, but it somehow tied into the conversation on beauty.

Too much censorship is no good, I would've liked seeing what course this conversation would've taken. Now it just looks one-sided.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Adamskuty(m): 6:22pm On Oct 25, 2013
undecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecided
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Adamskuty(m): 6:24pm On Oct 25, 2013
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Fulaman198(m): 6:24pm On Oct 25, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

Yes, but that was in answer to a someone challenging that classification. Not to defend him, but it somehow tied into the conversation on beauty.

Too much censorship is no good, I would've liked seeing what course this conversation would've taken. Now it just looks one-sided.

I feel that if the conversation would have continued, there would have been extra pages of nonsensical irrelevant jargon from Ayanle. The derailment of the thread would confuse newcomers
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by EfemenaXY: 6:26pm On Oct 25, 2013
Fulaman198:

I feel that if the conversation would have continued, there would have been extra pages of nonsensical irrelevant jargon from Ayanle. The derailment of the thread would confuse newcomers

^^ Has he been banned though?

I don't see any new posts of his and I perceive that this is a topic he holds dear to heart...
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Fulaman198(m): 6:28pm On Oct 25, 2013
Efemena_xy:

I don't see any new posts of his and I perceive that this is a topic he holds dear to heart...

I'm trying to avoid banning people at all costs unless they make direct insulting statements to people even after being warned
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by somal: 6:55pm On Oct 25, 2013
Efemena_xy: ^^ Why's your post hidden?

Have you broken nland rules? I sure would have liked to see your response to my last post. Anyway, I looked up that strange word you typed: Aethiopoid and what I found on google was quite degoratory, so I won't mention any of that here. Suffice to say, your race is looked upon as a poor copy of the European features and are therefore referred to as dark / black Europeans. Ouch!

It shows that you lot don't even have your own independent race definition but are seen as a lower subset / class of your superior Europeans. Sounds like a hard pill to swallow.

by your indians are black
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by somal: 6:57pm On Oct 25, 2013
Fulaman198:

I'm trying to avoid banning people at all costs unless they make direct insulting statements to people even after being warned

nomad justice. who bans the banner?
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 7:09pm On Oct 25, 2013
Efemena_xy:

the topic is very dear to my heart my bantu friend. I hope that calling you bantu is not seen by you as a slur, as i don't intend it in that way. I only use the 'N' word, which sucks as i cannot you the 'N' word in America as the blacks here think because am Somali, I shouldn't use the 'n' word, which is sad because the word is very dear to my heart.

Rest assured my son (fulaman) has dealt with that spambot.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 25, 2013
There is nothing wrong with Bantus, and anyway Nigerians aren't Bantu.

The fact that you use that word and actually admit it is sad and disgusting. American Blacks should stop using it, but it especially disgusts me when Africans use this word in reference to themselves or other Africans.

You need help walaal.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 7:20pm On Oct 25, 2013
EnlightenedSoul: There is nothing wrong with Bantus, and anyway Nigerians aren't Bantu.

The fact that you use that word and actually admit it is sad and disgusting. American Blacks should stop using it, but it especially disgusts me when Africans use this word in reference to themselves or other Africans.

You need help walaal.

What I need is peace and quiet from you. I am tired of you nagging me like a camel who needs water. Jesus CHRIST, must you comment and analyze everything i write. Please talk to one of these nigerian men here who are drooling over you. and give me some peace and quiet.

I ask you to fear god and leave me alone so i can harass these nigerians in peace and quiet. cry

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 25, 2013
This isn't the first time he has been told that West Africans are not Bantu. But he doesn't care about what u or anyone thinks. He knows exactly what he's doing. Being rude, offensive, racist, supremacist...insane!

1 Like

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 7:24pm On Oct 25, 2013
Radoillo: This isn't the first time he has been told that West Africans are not Bantu. But he doesn't care about what u or anyone thinks. He knows exactly what he's doing. Being rude, offensive, racist, supremacist...insane!

please excuse me, as for us the word bantu is used for everyone who is black. Its the same way for ethiopians and eritreans only they use bantu and 'baria' which means slave.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Fulaman198(m): 7:27pm On Oct 25, 2013
Ajuran/Ayanle/Axum I'm going to ask you kindly to keep your thread on subject or it will be closed.
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 25, 2013
Please excuse us too, but here in the UK where I live every African from south of Egypt is black. Deal with that.

1 Like

Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 7:34pm On Oct 25, 2013
Fulaman198: Ajuran/Ayanle/Axum I'm going to ask you kindly to keep your thread on subject or it will be closed.

Dear fulaman, please don't use your Nomad justice on me. But since this is my thread i don't think anyone is going to care if i get a little off topic.

your subject,

Ajuran
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by Ajuran: 7:36pm On Oct 25, 2013
Radoillo: Please excuse us too, but here in the UK where I live every African from south of Egypt is black. Deal with that.

so skin color is more important than hair, facial features, cranial, culture, custom, location, geography, history, ancestry. LMAO.

If we are being honest when blacks label Somalis, Ethiopians,Eritreans, Nubians as black it only serves to expand the achievements of blacks who are related to us cushitic people.

This is the underlying motivation to label us what you are, which is what you were labeled by the white man who came to your countries and enslaved you. And you want to give us that label even though we destroyed the white man and were never enslaved by him

get out here and don't come back
Re: Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? by EfemenaXY: 7:37pm On Oct 25, 2013
Radoillo: Please excuse us too, but here in the UK where I live every African from south of Egypt is black. Deal with that.

Thank you!

Ajuran:

the topic is very dear to my heart my bantu friend. I hope that calling you bantu is not seen by you as a slur, as i don't intend it in that way. I only use the 'N' word, which sucks as i cannot you the 'N' word in America as the blacks here think because am Somali, I shouldn't use the 'n' word, which is sad because the word is very dear to my heart.

Rest assured my son (fulaman) has dealt with that spambot.

I'd rather you don't use either of those words in addressing me.

I'm Nigerian, not Bantu and I don't give a flying $**$ that it's dear to your heart. I was hoping to have an intelligent discussion / debate with you, but if you wish to go down the derogatory route, then count me out. I'm beginning to think the mod Fulaniman isn't that harsh afterall and has his reasons for treating you the way he does.

Fulaman198: Ajuran/Ayanle/Axum I'm going to ask you kindly to keep your thread on subject or it will be closed.

I agree 100% with you. I'm new in this section so I don't really know the serious posters from those that post simply to ruffle feathers or create mayhem.

Jeez! How many usernames has he got?? shocked shocked grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16)

Funny Things Only Nigerians Do / Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) / Kegites Club?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.