Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,749 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:09 AM

Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN (39924 Views)

Change: World Now Listens When Nigeria Speaks (Photo) / Caption This Photo, World Now Listen When Nigeria Speaks (CHANGE) ??? / US: We’ll Compel Nigeria To Accept Same-sex Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 23, 2013
Sagamite:

No.

Please try explaining again.

Maybe this time I will. grin

Firstly, are there American men clamouring for Polygamy?

And are the women they're willing to marry also agitating for such marriage?

Are these women ok with being 2nd, 3rd and 4th wives to such men?

I don't think you can talk of a man's right regarding polygamy without considering the person that same man wants to marry. It's a marriage, so not only one person should be considered here.

So if all these exist in the American society and would wanna start up a campaign for it, then they should.

My opinion.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by otiigba1(m): 9:19pm On Oct 23, 2013
but wait o! i would have thought that letting them be gay would have been good news for us straight people, as in more women for us,less competition
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Sagamite(m): 9:19pm On Oct 23, 2013
masonkz:
Firstly, are they American men clamouring for Polygamy?

And are the women they're willing to marry also agitating for such marriage?

Are these women ok with being 2nd, 3rd and 4th wives to such men?

I don't think you can talk of a man's right regarding polygamy without considering the person that same man wants to marry. It's a marriage, so not only one person should be considered here.

So if all these exist in the American society and would wanna start up a campaign for it, then they should.

My opinion.

What don't you understand about:

Sagamite:
A sane and finger-pointing society does not have to have people clamouring for something before they apply it.

You just have to have a set of values and rules which you apply consistently on all issues.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by otiigba1(m): 9:26pm On Oct 23, 2013
if it means good road, good economy, no corruption,no armed robbery,no kidnapping, no police brutality,no looting by our leaders, no aircrash, more money in my pocket, so be it! let them be gay! so long as its not in my back yard
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by ifebosco: 9:29pm On Oct 23, 2013
Asabeq: DEATH to g ays! Kill them all!! They are cursed and heading straight to hell! I laugh each time I read a comment from one of them on nl praying,casting and binding demons in the name of oyedepo and adeboye..lol
Anyway sha even the devil can quote the bible but we still know where he belongs....HELL!
Did I hear a gay compare this devilishish act with early marriage? Bagger take a trip to your grandma's village and if she is dead go to her grave and ask her at what age did she get married to your grand father!
the same way does slave masters in america in the 18 and 19centuries used the bible to perpetuate their art of barbaric slave trade,Ephesians 6:4-6: Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. you and many of you are using the bible to sell hatred.im not a gay and will never hate anybody because of his sexual orientation
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by pazienza(m): 9:32pm On Oct 23, 2013
Gay issue is one that time will sort out, it's only normal that people resist what they perceive as evil change, Christianity and it's doctrines were once resisted, it took years and time for people to accept such a change. The ancestors that fought Christianity are dead, their descendants have come to accept Christianity foreign doctrines, so will the homophobic parents die off, and be replaced by homo friendly descendants. Give it a generation or two, and this will no longer be an issue.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 23, 2013
I cannot say Im a supporter of same-se*x marriage, even though I know I am a proponent of gay rights because I dont think its up to man to judge if two consenting adults choose to love each other and how they both decide to carry out their love in private (or even in public for that matter) . That being said, If the people of Nigeria say they dont want homose*xuality on their land, then I think that should be respected.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Sagamite(m): 9:35pm On Oct 23, 2013
ifebosco: the same way does slave masters in america in the 18 and 19centuries used the bible to perpetuate their art of barbaric slave trade,Ephesians 6:4-6: Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ. you and many of you are using the bible to sell hatred.im not a gay and will never hate anybody because of his sexual orientation

A book of fairytales written by illiterate medieval men. undecided
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by otiigba1(m): 9:35pm On Oct 23, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Dude ! Please be straight with me next time. All this innuendos and soft talk involving too much second-guessing are getting boring. Next time if you don't mean something no talk am !
I ok, noted, and i apologise for second guessing you, entirely my fault
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 23, 2013
wman: Funny how so many would love watching lesbians perform in por.n films & enjoy threes.omes with 2 girls involved yet they say they are anti-gay.
So many have watched Pirates & have other por.n movies with girl to girl acts on their phones & computers yet dem dey claim anti-gay.

Yes same sex marriage should be prohibited but anyone should feel free to sleep with whom he likes in his private room.

I'm not gay not do I support it but I feel what two consenting adults do with their d.ick & asse.s in their private room is no ones business but theirs.

But I'm against accepting it publicly & joining them under the holy matrimony called marriage.

The 15 years jail term is wrong. 2 guys/girls wishes to do it & its no ones business.

I think everyone should have a right to a private life regardless of what others think so far his/her private life affects no other person negatively & he/she is willing to bear the consequence of such.

#nohomo.
are u sure u are learned @ all? Dis is nonsense.....
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Sagamite(m): 9:43pm On Oct 23, 2013
Talking about my earlier point to Miss EZ.

I am pretty sure all Russia wants to do is host the most amazing and respectable Winter Olympics. And all they want to do, in conjunction with the IOC, is focus on delivering this Olympics with professional smoothness.

But they Western press have decided to force them to focus on homosexual issues and keep on harassing them and directing attention to "rights of homos".

What choice do they have than to spend some time addressing this?
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by UyiIredia(m): 9:45pm On Oct 23, 2013
Sagamite:

A book of fairytales written by illiterate medieval men. undecided

I see. So how come you are reading what they wrote. undecided
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 23, 2013
sbaks:
this will be like the second time i will be learning about this. Pls is this story true as in ibb gay? he looks gay sha :-/ pls @pbundles reply. Thanks
More than a few Nigerians in power are suspected to be in the closet. Theyre all just clearly hypocrites. Yeye men and women, leaving important business and focusing on something that really doesnt have any positive impact on the living standards of the citizens whom theyve been trusted to govern over.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Sagamite(m): 9:48pm On Oct 23, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

I see. So how come you are reading what they wrote. undecided

ME?

Emi?

Read wetin? grin

Omo Sagamu reading bible?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Don't make me laugh.

I don't touch that, mate.

I don't deal with that.

I have better things to do with my life.

I don't touch or have ANY interest in the bible beyond laughing. grin
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by seanet02: 9:49pm On Oct 23, 2013
Only mentally deranged will support homosexual ism
They all deserve to be hanged
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by chiogoezubem(f): 9:53pm On Oct 23, 2013
ojayfrancis: Follow me on twitter@ojayfrancis I will follow back

No tweets! Why? Since Dec, 2012. Just checked you out, though.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by seanet02: 9:57pm On Oct 23, 2013
[quote author=iyeyemi]a nation with ridiculously high levels of corruption and all round shamelessness, suddenly remembers it has values and traditions.[/quote
Shut your fcking mouth..
Gays have no place in Africa and the Serene world.
If you want to be an active gay, get the fck out of Africa.
Jonathan, You have my support on this jor.
carry go
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by UyiIredia(m): 9:57pm On Oct 23, 2013
@ Sagamite: Then try Ifa religion. I used to think I knew something till I came to Nairaland. First, Pastor AIO and now FOLYKAZE. Make I see wetin Omo Sagamu know smiley
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Sagamite(m): 10:03pm On Oct 23, 2013
Uyi Iredia: @ Sagamite: Then try Ifa religion. I used to think I knew something till I came to Nairaland. First, Pastor AIO and now FOLYKAZE. Make I see wetin Omo Sagamu know smiley

Off course na.

I already have a personal babalawo on retainer fees. cheesy
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by sCun: 10:06pm On Oct 23, 2013
Sagamite:

Off course na.

''of course''.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by UyiIredia(m): 10:09pm On Oct 23, 2013
Sagamite:

Off course na.

cheesy Cool.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by UyiIredia(m): 10:10pm On Oct 23, 2013
sCun: ''of course''.

Abeg free.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by 01mcfadden(m): 10:21pm On Oct 23, 2013
Sagamite:

ME?

Emi?

Read wetin? grin

Omo Sagamu reading bible?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Don't make me laugh.

I don't touch that, mate.

I don't deal with that.

I have better things to do with my life.

I don't touch or have ANY interest in the bible beyond laughing. grin
smh 4u!
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by sultanemerald(m): 10:23pm On Oct 23, 2013
To all the gay peeps, pro-gay activists, and the others

"An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it"

if i may, what is so nice about this homosexuality thing that people want to die of they ain't allowed openly to indulge therein?
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by creativino: 10:25pm On Oct 23, 2013
speeder: This reminds me of what Mugabe told Obama;

Mugabe to Obama: "if you want h0m0sexuality in my country, let me marry you first."

A what is Obama's reply to that?
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Sagamite(m): 10:26pm On Oct 23, 2013
01mcfadden:
smh 4u!

Don't break a bone in your neck while doing it.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by MissEZ(f): 10:27pm On Oct 23, 2013
Sagamite:

Which countries did God close down? undecided

You want to use your useless fairytales for arguments?

Lol. Sagamite, abeg no kill me with laugh. I think he sees Sodom and Gomorrah as two different countries (They arent even a country sef, talkless of two).

In any case, i am not advocating for an acceptance of homosexuality. I however think that criminalizing it makes people who subscribe to this lifestyle easy targets and that is where the violation comes in. They have a right to association and affiliation and that include religious, sexual, traditional etc. I still maintain that who a person sleeps with is a private matter and has no bearing on the economic development of the country.

Nigeria should definitely state their view on the issue, but i really think that making it a criminal offence was very unnecessary and the law is a silly at best.

Speaking of which, I have to commend you and the way you state your points. Nigerians can be silly sometimes during an argument. I have been reading the response and it is annoying to see people calling others gay because they dont think the law makes sense. There is something called respect for another persons belief and lifestyle. I dont have to agree with it. Respect doesnt equal support. You seem to understand this and it shows in the way you respond to differing point of view.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by Sagamite(m): 10:32pm On Oct 23, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Abeg free.

Don't mind him too much.

The person is used to his intellectual bashing. grin

One of those people I have given self-realisation. He now knows he is dumb and it is a bitter existence for people like that afterwards. grin
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by iyeyemi: 10:49pm On Oct 23, 2013
[quote author=seanet02][/quote]

Oh my, another sad case of cotton wool for brains. You people should learn to read for crying out loud, how hard can it be? Not advocating gay rights you dunce! Why am I even responding to these minors who lack basic intelligence?
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by adconline(m): 10:58pm On Oct 23, 2013
Wage war against Naija like MEND, u get rewarded in $$ ££.
Become a terrorist like Boko Haram and you will get presidential pardon.
Steal pension funds in excess of $200m and will be asked to pay back $4000.00
Let's blame the gay for everything

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by mkoabiola: 11:07pm On Oct 23, 2013
Alwys Thanking baba God I no b gay or bi sexual.
Re: Nigeria Speaks-out Against Same-sex Marriage At The UN by iyeyemi: 11:08pm On Oct 23, 2013
adconline: Wage war against Naija like MEND, u get rewarded in $$ ££.
Become a terrorist like Boko Haram and you will get presidential pardon.
Steal pension funds in excess of $200m and will be asked to pay back $4000.00
Let's blame the gay for everything

Get ready for the illiterates on this forum who are gonna interpret your post as meaning you are gay

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (28) (Reply)

Report Any Filling Station Selling Higher Than 87# / Osinbajo Returns To Ekiti, Apologises To Monarchs For Not Paying Homage / DSS Crackdown: Judgements That Landed Judges In Trouble

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.