Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,597 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls (37157 Views)

The Worst Injuries You Have Had, Share Your Experiences / Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. / Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 30, 2013
Please does the constant usage of normal postinor have any long term effect to a woman repro organs? this my new babe is scared to shi.t about it.....pls let me know
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by sweettease(f): 7:32pm On Oct 30, 2013
Am surprised at the way some people take serious issues as some child's play.

Op, all birth control measures hav side effects but if you realise you are experiencing the adverse or intolorable side effect of a particular type, its adviseable for you to switch to another type that you can tolerate better You should talk to your doctor about what you are experiencing so he can suggest alternatives. Some people do well with implanor and those advising you dat its normal myt not b experiencing wat you are goin thru with d same implanor so consult your doctor.

Btw withdrawal method is one of the least effective birth control measure there is and i won't advise you to opt for it.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by beentarh(f): 7:34pm On Oct 30, 2013
Calendar methods works for me lyk magic and I can categorically decide wheneva I need to be pregnant. I started it 3yrs ago after aving my second baby nd since then I knw when to have fun without being pregnant nd whn to have it whn I want to conceive. Pple tot I av been using pills bt nt in ds life will I swallow pills all in d name of prevention. Go to the internet nd read more on d natural way to prevent pregnancies cos all birth control pills have effect.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by Finestlex(m): 7:38pm On Oct 30, 2013
bestplanb: I practise withdrawal method,though is difficult but is safe and reliable
. The word is #Coit.us interruptus
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by fift: 7:46pm On Oct 30, 2013
The side effects are always terrible, get it out ASAP. I'd never advise anyone to go on any birth control. Just research on how to do it naturally.
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by agohavivi(f): 7:52pm On Oct 30, 2013
beentarh: Calendar methods works for me lyk magic and I can categorically decide wheneva I need to be pregnant. I started it 3yrs ago after aving my second baby nd since then I knw when to have fun without being pregnant nd whn to have it whn I want to conceive. Pple tot I av been using pills bt nt in ds life will I swallow pills all in d name of prevention. Go to the internet nd read more on d natural way to prevent pregnancies cos all birth control pills have effect.
Thats because you have a cooperative spouse. What about a man who wants enjoyment without restriction? The truth is that most women desire sex more around the period of ovulation unfortunately, thats the period you ought to avoid it. I believe in unrestrained romance and would prefer doing it anytime especially without a rubber and as such opted for a compatible family planning procedure.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by Xsenga(f): 8:00pm On Oct 30, 2013
pharmow: Withdrawal method is not as safe as people proclaim it here. God gave that thing called sperm so much power that a drop of s.emen can contain as much as hundreds of thousands of sperm cells. Therefore a single drop of s.emen from the so called withdrawal expert inside the v.agina can impregnate a lady
9ce 1, clap 4 ur self.
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by Waspy(m): 8:10pm On Oct 30, 2013
@ Op, young girl... You seem a Grande Multipara. See someone in your FP clinic tho
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by udopee(f): 8:11pm On Oct 30, 2013
agoha_vivi: Thats because you have a cooperative spouse. What about a man who wants enjoyment without restriction? The truth is that most women desire sex more around the period of ovulation unfortunately, thats the period you ought to avoid it. I believe in unrestrained romance and would prefer doing it anytime especially without a rubber and as such opted for a compatible family planning procedure.

Anything family planning method that is not Natural, count me off. There is nothing more fulfilling and self actualizing than you taking full charge of your health and emplohing ur God given potentials. Am a Family planning consultant but when you opt into any health facility for family planning, the nurses there will hardly explain the benefits of Natural methods of Family planning to their clients due to the money they want to make through all this hormal methods and artificial ones, not minding the numerous side effects and alterations they causes to their clients. My advice for the OP is to go for Natural method and save herself from future complications like breast cancers and most female cancers. These hormones and pills are CHEMICALS cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by Queen1(f): 8:13pm On Oct 30, 2013
Diaphragm is so far the safest and most reliable form of contraception.
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by Akainzo(m): 8:14pm On Oct 30, 2013
agoha_vivi: I'm also on the implant although It's been almost two months. My menses was due about two days after the implant was inserted in my arm but i didnt see it again till about three weeks later and when it did appear, it ran for two weeks instead of the usual four and half days. It didnt come as a surprise because the nuses had informed me previously that it might make a mess of my menstral cycle. I now have this funny headache anytime I dont take my afternoon siesta as such I ensure I take it everyday.(just came out of it). Somthing else I realised is that I've lost a considerable amount of weight. I now fit perfectly into some cloths I abandoned cos they no longer fitted me. So far, I've not been on the implant long enough to blacklist it or recommend it to anyone. For me, I'm still watching. I opted for this method because I was told that with the injection might take my body quite some time to correct itself incase I decide to have another baby and the coil seemed to me to be an abortion device since it allows conception but prevents implantation of the zygote. I presently have two cuties and in future when I wish to add to the family, I'll immidiately remove the implant and look forward to a bulging stomach.

My dear, the Implant and the Coil are both doing exactly the same thing, preventing implantation and not fertilisation. So if you think the Coil is abortion, the implant is equally killing off the fertilised egg.
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by oche419: 8:27pm On Oct 30, 2013
CONDOM! The best solution.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by moshino(m): 8:31pm On Oct 30, 2013
younggirl: Pls i need help here! I have been on birth control implant(implanon) for five months and its been crazy for me. Headaches,fever,bloatedness,blurred vision and general body weakness. I have also not seen af for over four months now and I've added weight seriously. I am sooo fed up of this implant and want it off. But some friends said its normal.

Pls for those who have had experiences or presently experiencing any of these symptoms, pls come in and share as this will help me alot. Thanks

If you're actually having these symptoms: PLEASE go and see your doctor ASAP. DO NOT rely on another person's experience on this. Your medical profile and disposition are completely different from that of another person, so only you and your physician can get to the root of this, and determine if these side effects are normal based on your medical profile.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 30, 2013
Try my method.It is the safest.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 30, 2013
In that case, Condom remains the best.
A method that doesn't hurt both parties
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by ifox(m): 8:39pm On Oct 30, 2013
illitrate: remove it. tell your hubby to commot him prick when him wan cumm or pushan comot when he don dey shout aaah eeeeh uuush

its quit hillarious, I can only laugh, ur very funny
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by uyai(f): 8:43pm On Oct 30, 2013
I use the newer one called nexplanon. Absolutely no physical side effects. Amenorrhea is expected. I honestly don't miss it. I wouldn't advice it for a young girl or a woman who Still wants to have kids. I tried the non hormonal iud first. The cramps were too painful. Felt Like labor. If you are married and done with babies, how about a vasectomy for your husband?
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 30, 2013
Akainzo:

My dear, the Implant and the Coil are both doing exactly the same thing, preventing implantation and not fertilisation. So if you think the Coil is abortion, the implant is equally killing off the fertilised egg.

Noooo,
Implants( implanon, Norplant, Jadell) are hormonal hence prevent ovulation to start with, before u even talk abt fertilization.

Coil prevents implantation of fertilized egg because it produces inflammation inside the womb.
Hence the baby cannot stay

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by RioFernandez(m): 8:45pm On Oct 30, 2013
Withdrawal method for sure.....
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by GentleMimi: 8:47pm On Oct 30, 2013
bestplanb: I practise withdrawal method,though is difficult but is safe and reliable
Hw can u advice on withdrawal method? Its the most risky of them all!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 30, 2013
Chai murderers full here
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by steffans(m): 8:54pm On Oct 30, 2013
ogugua88:

I've read from too many women that trying to get pregnant after depo provera can take up to years. undecided

Very true... I know of a lady who took dis injectn b4 she started having kids bcuz of skol...
After skol, nysc came and passed.. She hardly sees her Period as it comes wen it wants to come..lol...
Bottomline she will get pregnant but d pregnancy dsnt last it pours out(Literary) after few mnths... To God be d Glory she got her first baby after almst 6 yrs..
Ladies know ur body types b4 going 4 dis thngs...

I for one... Have gotten d no. Of kids I want, and I love scex wella... But wen I tink of d hardship in dis country and d rate at wich skol fees are shy rocketing.. I go jst wear my Condom jeje and it is well...
I love my 2kids and I want it to remain like dat.......

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by Gwazah(m): 9:00pm On Oct 30, 2013
younggirl: Pls i need help here! I have been on birth control implant(implanon) for five months and its been crazy for me. Headaches,fever,bloatedness,blurred vision and general body weakness. I have also not seen af for over four months now and I've added weight seriously. I am sooo fed up of this implant and want it off. But some friends said its normal.

Pls for those who have had experiences or presently experiencing any of these symptoms, pls come in and share as this will help me alot. Thanks
Dis is normal shall, body weight, weak body, no menstrual period again. de best way is to keep on serious exercise, watch de type of food u eat. this inplant is good becos u can chuk without regreting.
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by humpito(m): 9:01pm On Oct 30, 2013
This issue sef e get as e be.
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by fairygeh(f): 9:03pm On Oct 30, 2013
Honestly,I detest anything that might have a negative effect on me giving me nightmares or concerns.when I get married and i and my husband have all the children we want,I won't do any family planning or insert any ring.my hubby would rather use the withdrawal method or use condom abeg.can't give myself unnecessary headache.I love my life.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by Ekun123: 9:04pm On Oct 30, 2013
Everything that is not natural will mostly have a negative consequence no matter how small. Use the natural coitus interruptus (withdrawal method) and endure the little lost temporary enjoyment and enjoy a natural life. There is no pill without a side effect, even professionals in medical area avoids for themselves and advise those who are ready to listen.
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by Sike(m): 9:07pm On Oct 30, 2013
What is Withdrawal method please?
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by missyparis: 9:11pm On Oct 30, 2013
Wait oo, is der no way 2 implant diz tinz in d man's body rada dan d woman's, why alwys women?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by Michyeddy(f): 9:15pm On Oct 30, 2013
One question for you,are you married?, If you're married n you want birth control,get your womb out but if you're not....hmmmmmmmm ABSTAIN
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by kevinkod(m): 9:15pm On Oct 30, 2013
[quote author=illitrate]remove it. tell your hubby to commot him prick when him wan cumm or pushan comot when he don dey shout aaah eeeeh uuush.

ur username said it all. but i told u to always take ur drugs b4 comimg to dis forum. well, no problem u go meet for houe nah.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

25 Healths Benefits Of Neem Leaf (dogoyaro) / Doctor Slumps On Duty In Kogi Hospital (photo) / Bill Gates Drinks 'Poop Water' (Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.