Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,041 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls (37201 Views)

The Worst Injuries You Have Had, Share Your Experiences / Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. / Hiv+ Experiences,lets Share It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by nairalad: 1:12pm On Oct 31, 2013
The Withdrawal Method needs expertise and control. My wife likes it most when she is ovulating and I give it to her more than she desires, skin-to-skin without worrying about anything pregnancy.

I know men looses every tiny sense and control they have when they see that place. Some guys even have their wives control their behaviour during 53x. With this how can they withdraw at the appropriate time?

CONTROL + Good timing = best withdrawal method cheesy
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by thorpido(m): 1:19pm On Oct 31, 2013
RealJenny: I hope I don't sound ignorant here but I want to learn for future purposes, Since mst ppl said withdrawal is difficult bcz u loose ur climax why not withdraw from the front and insert to the back??
Huh?You say what?
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by thorpido(m): 1:28pm On Oct 31, 2013
amber222: ;Du guys will nt kill person with laughter on ds forum.Anyway na postinor me dey use & step it down with hot gin/whiskey
it's not good.It wasn't meant to be used as a normal contraceptive but just as an emergency.I don't think you are married yet.Regular use of postinor could affect you later.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by Aigbekaenjossy: 1:39pm On Oct 31, 2013
Though practical experience will help.I used one of the biggest hospital and my doctor reliably told me all the artifical method have side effect.Take this advice u can't do it alone.It has to be an agrement btw u and ur spouse to carry out this. 1.Use ur safe period.Immediately after ur period its ok. 2.Withdrawer method.Doing this if there's no agreement this method is very diff.to do its ok too but not still 100 %. 3.Use ur CD.Condom.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by modele2: 2:22pm On Oct 31, 2013
I vote for the billings natural family planning method, for women with crazy cycles theres a new technology called naprotechnology. Its also 100% natural but more difficult to learn. With these methods there is 0% side effects and at least 98% success rates when used as should be.
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 31, 2013
ngozievergreen: that bolded part is so true. Its actually 4 days sef .7 is too much

A woman's cycle can be unpredictable for a plethora of reasons, which is why round the clock birth control is necessary.

thorpido: Well I can speak of my wife.We had challenges with conception at the early stage of our marriage.That made us calculate and chart every day of her cycle.She has a regular cycle of 29days.Every month,the ovulation always fell between the 12th and 17th day.

Maybe it's because you're married. When TTC, your wife had to maintain the same or similar lifestyle day to day to keep ovulation around the same time maybe? Single folks, especially those not thinking of conception, may not always have it as straight forward, which might be why the general rule of thumb is "you can always get pregnant".
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by Lilimax(f): 4:23pm On Oct 31, 2013
jummie_id: Try to google 'Mirena IUD'. Its a development on the previous IUD. I've had mine for over 2yrs. If its well placed in the uterus, its very effective. It can be viewed regularly thru scan to check if its in place. I believe it will work for u too.
IUD works for me too. I will advise people to go for it.

The implant will eventually lead to high blood pressure.
It affected one of my friend badily and she is still battling with the effect even after removing the implant.
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by mcvelli(m): 5:07pm On Oct 31, 2013
as for me, learnt from a colleague the calendar stuff. in her words, "I've been using it for 8years!!" she said from the day menstruation begins plus some other days, 8 in total are the unsafe days. other days are safe. to be on a safer side, one could extend it to 10/11 days. other days are free. though, yet to try it, but it sounds and appears safe. those other days require understanding on the couple's part, she said.
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by jesusbaby21(f): 5:53pm On Oct 31, 2013
it is abnormal, u were suppose to feel those effect for just a month. my advice is u shuld go to see a gynaecologist, not just any doctor. gudluck and stop panicking.
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by jesusbaby21(f): 5:57pm On Oct 31, 2013
thorpido: Huh?You say what?
i no sure say dis person know wetin e dey type, dat one don turn to Anal sex na. abi u no know?
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by RealJenny(f): 7:03pm On Oct 31, 2013
thorpido: Huh?You say what?
U start with the front and when that "time" is getting closer, u finish it from the back lipsrsealed
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by bluuu: 7:42pm On Oct 31, 2013
pls how can a lady calculate wen she s safe or unsafe.
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by Ogegod87: 8:05pm On Oct 31, 2013
ogugua88:

I've read from too many women that trying to get pregnant after depo provera can take up to years. undecided

Nice and informative thread. I know a woman who had an implant after her first child. She į̸̸̨§ a career woman and I believe that į̸̸̨§ d reason she did dat. Her son į̸̸̨§ ten years old and she į̸̸̨§ yet to conceive again. I wouldn't know if d implant has anything to do with dat. I really do not know much about IUDs, implants, etc
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by thorpido(m): 9:02pm On Oct 31, 2013
jesusbaby21: i no sure say dis person know wetin e dey type, dat one don turn to Anal sex na. abi u no know?
I actually knew what she was saying,I just wanted her to spell it out.
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by t4dec(f): 9:16pm On Oct 31, 2013
Its crazy i regret eva usin brth cntrl pills. Implanon s wrst. Presently am sufrin frm Amenorrhea.
Plz get it off u xcept if u dnt wanna av kids again.
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by fujirice: 11:03pm On Oct 31, 2013
habex050: are u not aware of all these before you go ahead with the implant...........my sister it is normal and the best thing i would advise for you is to withdraw and abstain or used c.d
Who be this one? So married people should abstain too? Smh
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by Dahmum(f): 11:40pm On Oct 31, 2013
IUD IUD ;DIUD,I just love chantin it IUD.@op IUD is d best,withdrawl or what did u call it v failed me once n dat was when we had our very handsome boy our second child,it all happend on 2012 Feb 14 grin.for now I stiCk to dis best option in world IUD, no withdrawal again undecided
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by MaziOmenuko: 7:49am On Nov 01, 2013
ngozievergreen:

Peeing after s.ex doesn't flush out sperms from the urethra, the urethra is different from the vagina

I was referring to the guy to do the peeing: not the girl; that is, if the withdrawal method is being used.
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by lighternote: 8:15am On Nov 01, 2013
hmmmmmmmm. ds life sef. some birth control, some fertility therapy: ivf.
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by Alwaystrue(f): 8:23am On Nov 01, 2013
Nice thread. I think it is good to hear such experiences on anonymous forums like this.
Let us be careful of hormonals that go wacky on a woman's system.

Please do your own research before trying any method. For those who believe life starts at conception, I just hope they realise IUD works by stopping implantation not conception. It is called an abortifacient so it actually aids abortion of conceived babies.
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by younggirl: 1:15pm On Nov 01, 2013
Wow! Finally got the implant out. D midwife suggested we use condom for the main time till i decide on which method to use. But i think i want to try the natural method. Thanks y'all.

Feeling so relieved!!!

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 01, 2013
younggirl: Wow! Finally got the implant out. D midwife suggested we use condom for the main time till i decide on which method to use. But i think i want to try the natural method. Thanks y'all.

Feeling so relieved!!!

kai but the withrawal method no easy ooo, if the thing sweet me too much i dey put inside. angry angry

na that time wey ee dey sweet na him person go tell me make i comot? angry angry
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 01, 2013
ogugua88:

A woman's cycle can be unpredictable for a plethora of reasons, which is why round the clock birth control is necessary.

That is a diff talk all together.
Even if changes in the cycle occurs, conception is only possible for 4 days in that cycle
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by thorpido(m): 5:05pm On Nov 01, 2013
younggirl: Wow! Finally got the implant out. D midwife suggested we use condom for the main time till i decide on which method to use. But i think i want to try the natural method. Thanks y'all.

Feeling so relieved!!!
if you are trying withdrawal,make sure your hubby is experienced else you might get pregnant.
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by SexyLadyJ: 5:15pm On Nov 01, 2013
beentarh: Calendar methods works for me lyk magic and I can categorically decide wheneva I need to be pregnant. I started it 3yrs ago after aving my second baby nd since then I knw when to have fun without being pregnant nd whn to have it whn I want to conceive. Pple tot I av been using pills bt nt in ds life will I swallow pills all in d name of prevention. Go to the internet nd read more on d natural way to prevent pregnancies cos all birth control pills have effect.

Pls can u elaborate more on dis Calender method? I mean how u count it.
Tnx as u do so!
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by tpapi: 6:29am On Nov 02, 2013
My babe gave me a soft slap d last time i tried withdrawal method
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by beentarh(f): 1:36pm On Nov 28, 2015
agohavivi:
Thats because you have a cooperative spouse. What about a man who wants enjoyment without restriction? The truth is that most women desire sex more around the period of ovulation unfortunately, thats the period you ought to avoid it. I believe in unrestrained romance and would prefer doing it anytime especially without a rubber and as such opted for a compatible family planning procedure.

But you don't need cooperation of your spouse to take natural precaution. I have never turned his request down whenever he desires, all you have to do is to understand your cycle. And here you are, no shaking!
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by shilees(f): 9:00pm On Nov 28, 2015
t4dec:
Its crazy i regret eva usin brth cntrl pills. Implanon s wrst. Presently am sufrin frm Amenorrhea.
Plz get it off u xcept if u dnt wanna av kids again.

That's not true,
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by shilees(f): 9:08pm On Nov 28, 2015
That's not totally true, u need to examine ur body for any method u want to use. My sister inlaw used the implants after her second child, waited for five years removed it and a year after she got pregnant.
Everyone's body is different and will have different reactions to a particular method, u just need to find which one suits u and don't condem ant cos it didn't work for you.
Re: Share Your Birthcontrol Experiences Pls by Gigihealth: 2:26am On Jul 03, 2016
Birth control pills when taken as ordered, is 99 percent effective in preventing pregnancy. Moreover, most women often practice what’s called “typical use.” A typical use means when a woman misses a pill or two or is a bit late with a new pack, or some other situations which might prevent her from taking the pill every day at the same time. There are also some side effects associated with birth control pills and shots. Click on the link below to read more..
http://www.gigihealth.com/birth-control-pills-are-there-safe/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

7 Health Risks Of Child Bearing After Age 35 / Prepare For A Pandemic Worse Than COVID-19 - WHO Chief, Tedros / Governor Sanwo-Olu Unveils Evercare Hospital, Lekki (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.