Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,933 members, 7,814,170 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG (55268 Views)

Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria / Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? / Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by idrezee(m): 6:18pm On Nov 01, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Rubbish.
can't b. Dats d most sensible tyn I v seen here. GEJ's just 2 weak 2 know how our system works.
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 01, 2013
Govt must not made hasty decision. I learnt that there is security report ASUU strike is politically motivated. ASUU knows that fg cannot meet the demand. This about 2015. Fg must do something.
snoopy: Wait....if they forcefully re-open the universities disregarding ASUU should it refuse their newest offer, who exactly are those who gon' teach us? undecided

Between, I like this new found vibe by the FG to put an end to this madness but question is: did they have to wait this long to get serious about this issue? The president himself was the one who told us on a live media chat that government has done all it can that Nigerians should direct their concerns to ASUU while we remain at home as if it was ASUU we all voted for? It is when the strike has clocked exactly 4 months he now realises he wields enough power as the commander in chief to finally put an end to this. Only shows the kind of leaders we have.
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Dominionng(m): 6:19pm On Nov 01, 2013
askdek:

you must be a complete fool for written this

See what 4months at home has done to you sad Now, Dr. Mrs Dame J. is gonna be your new English lecturer! Ur future is secure by His Grace.
God punish devil!!!
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Nobody: 6:22pm On Nov 01, 2013
venorite: So re they gonna employ new staff cos I think the lecturers re the one on strike and they also do the teaching....

Ask Amaechi what he did to ASUU in UST
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 01, 2013
Orlando Owoh: This government may be clueless, but it shouldn't make the whole world believe we all are. How is this suppose to work, schools opening without lecturers? Can the President, in like-manner, ask hospital patients not to seek treatment in privately owned hospitals but go to those owned by government even though doctors are on strike?

Let's just wait till Tuesday morning... NLC una better prepare well ooooo, lolz
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by rezy15(m): 6:24pm On Nov 01, 2013
story !!! Lets say u guys go bk to school. To do what? Employ new lecturers. Hw soon? U think d newly employed lecturers wud get accredited by the same lecturers that form the nuc? ASUU isn't d problem. Blame the dishonest politicians that signed the agreement in 2009 and reneged on the deal. A promise is a promise pple
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by garamah: 6:25pm On Nov 01, 2013
Good if the lecturers are not ready to do their jobs to hell with them, let the capable hands of the 21-first century and innovative graduates Nigerians who are ready to work take up the job. They are tired and don't know how to cope with the trends in modern educational system, they are outdated.
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 01, 2013
bamto: This is how Plan B will work- that's if this news is for real.

Managements will open register for as many lecturers are willing to resume work. Others will be relieved, and vacancies put up. New lecturers will be appointed and wholla, sanity will be restored.

Meanwhile, disgruntled aggrieved sacked lecturers will sue FG to court. The case will be decided in their favor but appealed till it gets to the supreme court. That will be about 10-12years from now. Ask Ilorin 49.

You've said it all, and it's a very legitimate approach

1 Like

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by InvertedHammer: 6:27pm On Nov 01, 2013
/

Noted.

Waiting for GEJ and cohort to hit the classrooms.

//
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Shine1177: 6:27pm On Nov 01, 2013
I read a daily yesterday where it was reported that security report given to GEJ on ASUU was out of this world, so he was advised to forcefully re-open the universities. I think some people are pushing those ASUU guys to undermine GEJ. God will help our youth.
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by IYANGBALI: 6:27pm On Nov 01, 2013
Cooked up story,no be only next week,na tomorrow dem go open,mtcheeeeeeeew
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by brosun(m): 6:31pm On Nov 01, 2013
snoopy: Wait....if they forcefully re-open the universities disregarding ASUU should it refuse their newest offer, who exactly are those who gon' teach us? undecided

Between, I like this new found vibe by the FG to put an end to this madness but question is: did they have to wait this long to get serious about this issue? The president himself was the one who told us on a live media chat that government has done all it can that Nigerians should direct their concerns to ASUU while we remain at home as if it was ASUU we all voted for? It is when the strike has clocked exactly 4 months he now realises he wields enough power as the commander in chief to finally put an end to this. Only shows the kind of leaders we have.
Read my lips: brute force will not bring ASUU back to work; it will only aggravate the crisis. We have seen this happen before: FG using the governing councils to open universities by force! Who will teach? Perhaps those they successsfully coerce, and these will be a few blacklegs! Rather shocking to contemplate FG degerating to brutish force when they signed an agreement in 2009 that they have not had the honour to implement. And ASUU just informed us that not a kobo of the billions the FG said they had sent to the varsities had been seen! Thought we had left the military era!
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Pvin: 6:31pm On Nov 01, 2013
Why now that I just got an adhoc job that pays 30k in a month
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by dungdusugyang(m): 6:32pm On Nov 01, 2013
I think both ASUU and the FG deserved 100 strokes of the cane each... #teamflockasuuandfg#
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 01, 2013
Billyonaire: We all know that these lecturers do not know anything. Equipped with internet, students can totally study their courses and know beyond what their Lecturers know.

It is time to abrogate ASUU and restore the Education system to Pre-ASUU days, Tertiary Education was better before ASUU was formed, and will be better after ASUU is abrogated.

They right to peaceful Assembly, does not include the Liberty to Unite for Anarchy and totalitarian malapropisms against Education of our Youths.

ASUU is totally interested in what goes into their individual bank accounts and not the plight of the Students in this country.

Hia Hia.....well said!
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by cardoso111(m): 6:34pm On Nov 01, 2013
Let's pray that God gives our President the clue to reopen the schools after monday meeting!
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by joannessam: 6:40pm On Nov 01, 2013
Source
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by chreldb(m): 6:43pm On Nov 01, 2013
Akainzo: Have you people rejoicing or slating ASUU paused for a while?

ASUU DID NOT close the Universities, ASUU members only went on strike. As a result of that strike, students went home. For your information. all the schools are open as NASU members are at work only that there are no lectures.

So how then will the FG forcefully open what is NOT Closed?

This is the most sensible post on this thread. You are absolutely on point!
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by timwezzb(m): 6:50pm On Nov 01, 2013
Boys Are Not Smiling angry angry angry angry
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by SirTunechi(f): 6:50pm On Nov 01, 2013
askdek:

you must be a complete fool for written this
ASUU have you seen what you have caused?
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Littlehooper: 6:52pm On Nov 01, 2013
SOME NAIRALANDERS DOESN'T HAVE PROPER UNDERSTANDING OF ISSUE BEFORE THEY COMMENT..

WHAT ASUU IS FIGHTING FOR IS INFRASTRUCTRAL FACILITIES OF NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES... NOT ALLOWANCE, ASUU IS AGITATING FOR ......
IF ASUU IS REPEAL, NIGERIA EDUCATION QUALITY WILL BE SO LOW...........
AGREEMENT SHUOLD BE REACHED BY BOTH PARTIES........
LONG LIVE NIGERIA, LONG LIVE ASUU!
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by SirTunechi(f): 6:56pm On Nov 01, 2013
Unclerukus: Okay,i've heard.then i guess Jonathan and his ministers would be the new lecturers because the present ones are called ASUU...bottom line,no news.
bottom line, you don't have sense
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Zumbest(m): 6:56pm On Nov 01, 2013
One word i like most; who owns d Universities, FG or ASUU? Is high tym they knw we have a President, GEJ carry on bt hey am nt celebrating until i see; d 4 months strike by university teachers has been suspended b4 i pup champaign, if nt 9ja ani fink can happen, bt i pray dat Mr DEADLOCK will nt attain d meeting on monday.
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by alcuin(m): 7:02pm On Nov 01, 2013
wesley80: Quit whining and being nasty and address the issue like an educated fellow. That Nigeria's govt is full of incompetent fellows isnt news but what's news is ASUU and supposed intellectuals being endowed with unmitigated greed. Pres Yaradua made a fundamental error in selecting academicians to negotiate on behalf of the govt and once they came out with an agreement, he felt compelled to sign just to end a lingering strike - a mistake was made no doubt, but why would a band of self acclaimed intellectuals driven by nothing but greed seek to take advantage of an incompetent government to the detriment of the entire nation? Please tell me why this greedy men want to revamp Nigerias university through their personal bank accounts.

May God, or whatever you believe in, bless you for this brilliant comment.
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by SirTunechi(f): 7:02pm On Nov 01, 2013
Littlehooper: SOME NAIRALANDERS DOESN'T HAVE PROPER UNDERSTANDING OF ISSUE BEFORE THEY COMMENT..

WHAT ASUU IS FIGHTING FOR IS INFRASTRUCTRAL FACILITIES OF NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES... NOT ALLOWANCE, ASUU IS AGITATING FOR ......
IF ASUU IS REPEAL, NIGERIA EDUCATION QUALITY WILL BE SO LOW...........
AGREEMENT SHUOLD BE REACHED BY BOTH PARTIES........
LONG LIVE NIGERIA, LONG LIVE ASUU!
@d first bolded text....ASUU need to call of the strike for you to learn the use of english properly
@second bolded text.... U dont know ASUU @all
@third bolded text... I have jst one question 4 u... was there ever a time you did spellings in primary school
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by sanandreas(m): 7:06pm On Nov 01, 2013
FG shud do sumtin. They have the resources. I want my brothers to go to a better govt uni, not the one i am in now. plz nigerian student be patient. we might not enjoy these policies now but our children will benefit from it. We will not have to write examz in the when will travel abroad. Our certificates would be respected outside the shores of this country. it is not easy being @ home all day. It really fustrating.

1 Like

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by ocelot2006(m): 7:10pm On Nov 01, 2013
Maybe it's time the FG borrow a leaf or 2 from the private sector books and bann useless unions like ASUU totally.
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 01, 2013
they should not forget to do the NEEDFUl
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Sike(m): 7:14pm On Nov 01, 2013
We're getting there.
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by curtain: 7:21pm On Nov 01, 2013
AM SUING ASUU............ AS A STUDENT, IS ASUU PAYING ME DAMAGES FOR THE TIME WASTED IN OUR FOUR YEARS PROGRAM CONTRACT, ENTERED BETWEEN ME AND ASUU? SHOULD A STUDENT NOT HAVE VALUE FOR WHAT HE PAID FOR? OR THEY WONT RESPECT OUR AGREEMENT JUST LIKE THEY ARE ACCUSING FG OF? WHY SHOULD A STUDENT BE AFFECTED BY AN AGREEMENT HE WAS NOT A PARTY TO?

1 Like

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by desertboom(m): 7:22pm On Nov 01, 2013
This old men need to be put on check, how can you shut down universities for four months now. I missed batch C NYSC because of these fucktards and now they still don't want to re-open so I can meet up with batch A 2014.

FG, re-open and any of those fucktards that refuse to lecture, FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE the Arrow. Simple!
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by samtin(m): 7:25pm On Nov 01, 2013
ASUU strikes from1999 till date:
1999 -5 months
2001 -3 months
2003 - 6 months (extended to early 2004)
2005 - 3 days
2006 - 1 week
2007 - 3 months
2008 - 1 week
2009 - 4 months
2011 - 3 months extend into 2012
2013 - over 4months and still counting,,,,
From the above analysis, it's clear there was never a time FG met 100% of ASUU demands before they called off the strike. If this is the case, why has ASUU refused to shift ground even when FG has met more than 75% of their demands? From available information, FG has met all ASUU demands. The only contentious issue is the ambiguous N92b earned allowance claim which FG has released N60b to universities management to pay upon verification. Is the release of N60b not enough for a sane organisation to shift ground and allow Nigerian students enjoy the education they paid for while negotiation with FG continues?
ASUU has however, continuously refused to tell Nigerians the
contentious issues. The ones FG has met and the areas it's yet to meet. The present ASUU represents nothing but deceit and has lost public sympathy. It's obvious ASUU strike has become annual event where lecturers abandon their jobs in public universities for part- time jobs in private universities. The best thing for FG is to disaband ASUU so that it won't have a national body again because it has become a political tool in the hand of APC to destabilise GEJ's govt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Unizik Jambites Lets Meet Here. For Admission Into Unizik / OOU Loses A 300level Female Student- See Her Photo / University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.