Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,039 members, 7,953,133 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:12 AM

Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG (55531 Views)

Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria / Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? / Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by stagger: 9:26pm On Nov 01, 2013
Codedrock:
WOW! I AM SERIOUSLY LOVING THIS. FUC.K THOSE BITC.H THAT CALLS THEMSELVE ASUU.. GO ON MR JONATHAN I AM WITH YOU! Guys wetin you think?
Like this post if you support me!
Popular Female Rapper Nicki Minaj Shares Another Set Of NA*KED Pictures. Check It Out![photo]

You are stupid. I was in the university when Abacha tried this in 1995 and it did not fucking work. Who will do the teaching? The lizards in your house?

1 Like

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by joeboy4reel(m): 9:26pm On Nov 01, 2013
latest word added to english dictionary........ASUU: noun -
a stupid and selfish body made up of pretenders who seek
personal interest with the deception of public
interest.....verb: the act of being so insesnsitive....end of
gs 101 # quickly grabs his cap, drops hit chalk and
whistles out of the class room#.

1 Like

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by extension: 9:27pm On Nov 01, 2013
FG will employ lecturers from Chad, Niger and somalia.
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by lymelyte(m): 9:28pm On Nov 01, 2013
Taeewo: Pls i beg both of you in d name of God,dnt call off d strike cuz i do av sex wit one of d affected student (neigbhour)everyday since july 1st...pls am addicted to it,i want to do it for a year..
U be big fool grin
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Bsideboi(m): 9:32pm On Nov 01, 2013
She dem go come import lecturers neh? Abeg my pple make we dey reason na.
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by kabba7(m): 9:37pm On Nov 01, 2013
babslamin: Belike say oga Jona dey go back to class do lecture, beta for him

Will he be lecturing Looting and militancy ?
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by m003: 9:37pm On Nov 01, 2013
Orlando Owoh: This government may be clueless, but it shouldn't make the whole world believe we all are. How is this suppose to work, schools opening without lecturers? Can the President, in like-manner, ask hospital patients not to seek treatment in privately owned hospitals but go to those owned by government even though doctors are on strike?
if FG treathen 2 sack any lecturer that does not resume bross dem go cum teach
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by aloyahmd: 9:38pm On Nov 01, 2013
Why should FG ignore ASUU demand? FG has not proved sincere in any of her decisions over the affairs of Nigerian students in any way. If FG really cares about Nigerian students and the quality of education is of paramount priority to her, His Excellency Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan should not see ASUU until their demand is fully granted.
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by 2innocent(m): 9:44pm On Nov 01, 2013
stagger:

You are stupid. I was in the university when Abacha tried this in 1995 and it did not fucking work. Who will do the teaching? The lizards in your house?
, goodluck n abacha are two different persons dude, abacha is a soldier n an authocrat, gudluck is a teacher n a democrat, dere are many lecturers dat dont support dis strike, all gudluck needs is to find dem n work wt dem, if need be, employ more hands n u will see dat many junios staffs wil decamp from d ASUU camp for fear of deir jobs. Foreign lecturers culd also b employed u knw

1 Like

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by idrezee(m): 9:45pm On Nov 01, 2013
Ifeconwaba: people like you thinks that they know all in english but the truth is that they dont know virtually nothing in english' just small typographical error you people will start blabbing your mouth
pls don't comment again. LWKMDead!! Wat's "people like you thinks?" Virtually nothing indeed. Ur english nawao. Instead of taking ur tym 2 perfect ur obvious mistakes, u r fighting him 4 correcting u.
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by SELFWORTH: 9:45pm On Nov 01, 2013
musiwa112: jonathan does not want to open the universities because 39 universities involve. the rest are private universities or state. i assume they are open. there are 80 universities that i believe are still open.

It only affect just about 30% of the total universities population. that why Jonathan is not bother about it.

70% of nigeria student are paying for their universities education already. while 30% of the student are using this federal universities.

government would prefer to close them down the 38 universities....

Don't tell me you are a university student too because from what I can read, you need to go back to nursery school.
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 01, 2013
D last tym ah checked my school gate is closed and opened at the same tym it was wen school was in session so wat exactly is he goin to open,instead of him to tink of ways to grant deir request or beg them he wants to force dem to work as if dey re children ,lets see how dis works........mtheeeewwww
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Onyebu4God(m): 9:54pm On Nov 01, 2013
Can corruption,selfishness,selfinterest,self esteem,care-free and extremísm ever vanish frm this nation?Strike or no strike that does nt effect FG or ASUU.bt rather the masses as ASUU on strike they stil earn their monthly salaries,the same as FG..All we need to do is to pray for God intervention
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by DonEwexco(m): 9:55pm On Nov 01, 2013
DankemzI:

"Last year alone, we expended N935 billion on security. It is enough to dualise all Nigeria highways, it is enough to create job,"
President Goodluck Jonathan for the project and their doggedness, despite the unprecedented security challenges in country.
He noted that about N900 billion spent on security alone last year could have been enough to upgrade all the federal Universities in the country.

why some people talk as if they inherit nothing in their fffuccking skul?
Can you do all those finx in unsecured environment?
Growup dude
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by bolaji73(m): 10:00pm On Nov 01, 2013
Elantracey: D last tym ah checked my school gate is closed and opened at the same tym it was wen school was in session so wat exactly is he goin to open,instead of him to tink of ways to grant deir request or beg them he wants to force dem to work as if dey re children ,lets see how dis works........mtheeeewwww
seun shd upgrade nairaland in such a way dat, current student's schools along wit dere names shd be indicated.by so doing,aspiring university student will be wary of schools wch produce graduate like d poster above....for ur mind u'v typed in english abi??
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by galadima77(m): 10:04pm On Nov 01, 2013
sonickay: "If Satan vanishes indeed God will be useless" just don't vanish, myopic satanic entity. Have you asked yourself, was d govt sleeping wen it agreed to pay dem d 92Billionaira allowances. Likewise who awards and undertake contracts and projects in the universities as well as pocket part of the funds? ASUU or School Management+NUC(Repping d govt.). I just don't understand the way you and ur myopic cohorts treat issues, have u been bought over completely along with ů̶̲̥я̲ family such dat u see nothing legal for somebody to be given what he earned as due by his employer!

PLEASE TAKE CAUTION IN YOUR THOUGHTS AND HOW WELL TO EXPRESS THEM WITHOUT USING THE NAME OF THE UTMOST AND SUPREME BEING CARELESSLY....THIS I SO REFUSE TO MENTION OUT OF TOO WELL DESERVED REGARDS
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Femistico(m): 10:04pm On Nov 01, 2013
I support fg and if jonathan can line up a correct plan B I will like him more nd more...make I go dey pack my load I don tey and tire of houz....I hate dis bunch of stupid idiots calling demselves ASUU.....

#teamsupportfg
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by JABB(m): 10:07pm On Nov 01, 2013
snoopy: Wait....if they forcefully re-open the universities disregarding ASUU should it refuse their newest offer, who exactly are those who gon' teach us? undecided
Na im be say,Alangba (lizard) go teach una
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by o42austino(m): 10:10pm On Nov 01, 2013
FG plan is to use our military and paramilitary personnels that are educated for the teaching jobs in those federal schools.

It is a known fact that we have large numbers of graduates in our military and paramilitary that are master and Doctorate degree holders that are laying ideal that needs to be put to good use while recruitment will commence to replace the striking lecturers.
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by kaka22(m): 10:13pm On Nov 01, 2013
Breaking News: NASU, NAAT and SSANU stand against ASUU
https://www.nairaland.com/1501507/breaking-news-nasunaat-ssanu-stand
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by muktarmtt(m): 10:18pm On Nov 01, 2013
venorite: So re they gonna employ new staff cos I think the lecturers re the one on strike and they also do the teaching....
A beg help me ask juna na him go teach us or PEJ
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by ikennaya100(m): 10:21pm On Nov 01, 2013
In nigeria today, d number of phd holders, masters degree holders, first class and 2nd class upper holders are in excess to occupy all positions. assuu strikers has taken enough and this should be an opportunity for numerous qualified nigerians looking for lecturing jobs.In nigeria today, d number of phd holders, masters degree holders, first class and 2nd class upper holders are in excess to occupy all positions. assuu strikers has taken enough and this should be an opportunity for numerous qualified nigerians looking for lecturing jobs.In nigeria today, d number of phd holders, masters degree holders, first class and 2nd class upper holders are in excess to occupy all positions. assuu strikers has taken enough and this should be an opportunity for numerous qualified nigerians looking for lecturing jobs.

1 Like

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 01, 2013
chreld_b:

Like oga like lapdog. You and your master of a president are keen on destroying Nigeria with your monumental s.tupidity. Just yesterday your oga stated Nigeria can never progress because " youth are shooting gun". Come 2015 you and your illeterate president would be sent to the gutters where you belong. Enjoy while it lasts.

I know why u r a fool, and will be a fool forever. Jonathan will govern till 2019. You might as well leave the country now!
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Aliciakeys(f): 10:34pm On Nov 01, 2013
Do not miss the 1st NL interschool debate, you would not want to be gisted, come experience the fun, clash of writers, orators and debaters... Be there from the very beginning up to the end.. Click the flick and join the train via www.nairaland.com/1499392/nairaland-interschool-debate-planning-thread/
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by bamto(m): 10:38pm On Nov 01, 2013
plendil:

We've been down this plan B road before, and as I can clearly recollect, being a student at that time, it didn't turn out as expected. Registers at all institutions were indeed opened and VCs ordered to take note of those lecturers that report to duty. ASUU however called their bluff and so in all the universities, the classes all were virtually empty - with the exception of Unilorin.

The strike was eventually called off when a frustrated OBJ took ASUU to the court of arbitration and it was the court who then ordered the union to 'revert to the status quo'. That was how the inglorious six month old strike came to an end.

FG has continually made the mistake of underestimating just how formidable a union ASUU is. Threats, blackmail, stoppage of salaries etc, didn't work in the past and are unlikely to now.

I bet the realities of today are not the same as what obtained under that regime. ASUU isn't as united as it would have us believe. Many of her members (junior workers especially) are disatisfied with the present arrangement. They are miffed at the dishonesty of the professors and the lousy officials. While they rot away in hunger and misery, they teach in private institutions and galivant around the globe in the name of fellowships. I tell you, many within the ranks of ASUU will embrace an FG offer without blinking an eye.

Between, GEJ is getting agitated and will get desperate with 'security reports' not in favor of his reelection bid.
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by krisCh(m): 10:39pm On Nov 01, 2013
tyson99: E no go better for both FG and ASUU....msscchheeww

very soon,one member of your family or your friends will be a lecturer,and that course will follow them too,watch your tongue,for what you say might be destructive
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by bamto(m): 10:48pm On Nov 01, 2013
wallex1983:

Thank you. Exactly what iڪ on my mind to post. Ask Unilorin..... They've never gone on strike since that incident. NEVER. Even now, they are in school.

Anyway, if management in my own school open †ђξ register, I will be the first lecturer to sign. I have never supported it. But I can't go to class because I find myself under the so called ASUU....

Thank you. I'm sure there are many other reasonable lecturers like this. ASUU is but a spoiler.
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by bamto(m): 10:50pm On Nov 01, 2013
Gabbysky:

You've said it all, and it's a very legitimate approach

Thank you.
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by bamto(m): 10:58pm On Nov 01, 2013
onyeka205:

Those that would be employed would form another ASUU only to start another strike by next year. You can see that sacking lecturers and employing others is not the solution to the problem. Conversely, all the lecturers will go back to class and school fees would be raised to N200,000. This is the option the FG is giving the lecturers. They may accept that option.

When we get to that bridge, we'd cross it. Who knows who will be president then. In Nigeria, we've learnt to live for each day, not for tomorrow.
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by texazzpete(m): 11:01pm On Nov 01, 2013
samtin: ASUU strikes from1999 till date:
1999 -5 months
2001 -3 months
2003 - 6 months (extended to early 2004)
2005 - 3 days
2006 - 1 week
2007 - 3 months
2008 - 1 week
2009 - 4 months
2011 - 3 months extend into 2012
2013 - over 4months and still counting,,,,
From the above analysis, it's clear there was never a time FG met 100% of ASUU demands before they called off the strike. If this is the case, why has ASUU refused to shift ground even when FG has met more than 75% of their demands? From available information, FG has met all ASUU demands. The only contentious issue is the ambiguous N92b earned allowance claim which FG has released N60b to universities management to pay upon verification. Is the release of N60b not enough for a sane organisation to shift ground and allow Nigerian students enjoy the education they paid for while negotiation with FG continues?
ASUU has however, continuously refused to tell Nigerians the
contentious issues. The ones FG has met and the areas it's yet to meet. The present ASUU represents nothing but deceit and has lost public sympathy. It's obvious ASUU strike has become annual event where lecturers abandon their jobs in public universities for part- time jobs in private universities. The best thing for FG is to disaband ASUU so that it won't have a national body again because it has become a political tool in the hand of APC to destabilise GEJ's govt.

Sometimes when I read posts from cretins like you, it becomes depressingly clear that this country will never realise Her true potential.

Enjoy the few thousand naira you were paid to spout this m0r0nic spiel.
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by bamto(m): 11:12pm On Nov 01, 2013
Wallade:

On your case, my people will say "eni ti a ntori e gba awe to n je osan". Some students just don't understand ASUU is also supporting the long term interests of students via this strike. Some are just interested in graduating anyhow as unfinished products - empty and largely defficient of employable skills unless subjected to extensive training again by employers - that has always been the case.
For Gods sake, we are tired of strike suspension and resumption on the same issues. If this current strike will compel govt to address the issues and solve it, then I think ASUU should continue. FEC/FG/SG kept creating more tertiary institutions without adequately developing, equiping and funding the existing ones. There must be change from graduating persons with certificates that they can't defend.

The term 'mother of all strikes' is a farce and a cheap political statement void of any substance. It would be naïve to believe that this will be the last of strike actions. The educational system is so rotten that a single intervention by federal govt will not remedy it.

ASUU keep telling us FG can't be trusted. They are shameless to have refused to honour their agreement. Seriously? Is that news? What is news is that ASUU itself can't be trusted. In ASUU's fold are opportunists who feed fat on students in the name of handouts and textbooks, perverts who sleep with anything in skirt, lazy bones who hardly attend classes, dubious folks who spend more time doing 'private practice,' globetrotting, politicking than teaching. Same ASUU that called off previous strike actions when salaries were increased though infrastructures remained moribund. Why on earth should I trust this ASUU? Wait, are GEJ and Rukayyatu Ruffai not products of ASUU. They are in fact pointers to ASUU's lack of integrity.
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by dapotanye(m): 11:41pm On Nov 01, 2013
Seriously nairaland is f***ed, i can't believe someone will make up a story like this and all of you will take it up so seriously, and it even made the front page *SMH*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Akure Teacher Asks Student To Destroy Her Phone As Punishment (Photos, Video) / George Weah Declares Tuition Free In Public Universities In Liberia / Angry Zambian Father Slaps His Son Over Poor Result After Paying $21k As Tuition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.