Stats: 3,155,590 members, 7,827,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG (55283 Views)

Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria / Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? / Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Congratulation: 12:20am On Nov 02, 2013
Let me see de outcome on monday

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by opylas(m): 1:52am On Nov 02, 2013
abes:

Yes, you are right, the students will organize exams for themselves, mark and grade themselves, issue certificates themselves, smh.
This got me laffing real hard, d guy think say na beans. Itz true wat they claim dey r fyting 4 is noble,bt I jst feel we shld look past ASUU & their "ways" in helping to renovate d education sector. I mean, dey'v bn going on strike snc '80!
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by otokx(m): 3:16am On Nov 02, 2013
2innocent: , goodluck n abacha are two different persons dude, abacha is a soldier n an authocrat, gudluck is a teacher n a democrat, dere are many lecturers dat dont support dis strike, all gudluck needs is to find dem n work wt dem, if need be, employ more hands n u will see dat many junios staffs wil decamp from d ASUU camp for fear of deir jobs. Foreign lecturers culd also b employed u knw

no foreign lecturer will come to work in a Nigerian university giving the level of infrastructural decay and low salary.
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by soldierdollar(m): 3:25am On Nov 02, 2013
they should not resolve it yet. I want to make enough money for my school fees and rent
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by toblosky(m): 3:26am On Nov 02, 2013
2innocent: , goodluck n abacha are two different persons dude, abacha is a soldier n an authocrat, gudluck is a teacher n a democrat, dere are many lecturers dat dont support dis strike, all gudluck needs is to find dem n work wt dem, if need be, employ more hands n u will see dat many junios staffs wil decamp from d ASUU camp for fear of deir jobs. Foreign lecturers culd also b employed u knw
Nigerians forget GEJ is a product of ASUU
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by toblosky(m): 3:28am On Nov 02, 2013
otokx:

no foreign lecturer will come to work in a Nigerian university giving the level of infrastructural decay and low salary.
How come we have them in other fields?
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by soldierdollar(m): 4:06am On Nov 02, 2013
o42austino: FG plan is to use our military and paramilitary personnels that are educated for the teaching jobs in those federal schools.

It is a known fact that we have large numbers of graduates in our military and paramilitary that are master and Doctorate degree holders that are laying ideal that needs to be put to good use while recruitment will commence to replace the striking lecturers.
soldiers, in a classroom? yawa Don gas! it means cultism, and free opinion will simultaneously be crushed. that's by the way.

on a more serious note, this will be the silliest and most nervous decision by the FG . am sure the FG is not trying to substitute our university lecturers who have passed through brimstone and fire in becoming refined teachers with some tired , cheap, inexperienced, frustrated unemployed graduates who have no calling for the job?

money that will be spent on the reshuffle, time spent recruiting and synchronizing the lost understanding / organization that existed between the students and their lecturers should be checked.
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Tytto(f): 4:46am On Nov 02, 2013
curtain: AM SUING ASUU............ AS A STUDENT, IS ASUU PAYING ME DAMAGES FOR THE TIME WASTED IN OUR FOUR YEARS PROGRAM CONTRACT, ENTERED BETWEEN ME AND ASUU? SHOULD A STUDENT NOT HAVE VALUE FOR WHAT HE PAID FOR? OR THEY WONT RESPECT OUR AGREEMENT JUST LIKE THEY ARE ACCUSING FG OF? WHY SHOULD A STUDENT BE AFFECTED BY AN AGREEMENT HE WAS NOT A PARTY TO?
. You Must be in the Legal World, because of your use of Legal terms... Well said!!!
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Adetayo41(m): 5:30am On Nov 02, 2013
FG has already do meetin wit VC's nd som skul management dat ar nt under ASUU...so if ASUU dnt resume work d skul management go sack dem under d influence of FG nd dey go employ anoda person...by doin dis employment self go dey again

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by kcy(m): 5:53am On Nov 02, 2013
as a 200l student,i can lecture 100l student,i got my credentials

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by o42austino(m): 6:21am On Nov 02, 2013
soldierdollar:
soldiers, in a classroom? yawa Don gas! it means cultism, and free opinion will simultaneously be crushed. that's by the way.

on a more serious note, this will be the silliest and most nervous decision by the FG . am sure the FG is not trying to substitute our university lecturers who have passed through brimstone and fire in becoming refined teachers with some tired , cheap, inexperienced, frustrated unemployed graduates who have no calling for the job?

money that will be spent on the reshuffle, time spent recruiting and synchronizing the lost understanding / organization that existed between the students and their lecturers should be checked.
well, let me first state it clearly here that many of our lecturers has no calling in terms of teaching, hv u bn to a lecture hall b4? if u hv bn to lectures u will know for sure that about 70% of our lecturers can't even explain well the text book they published and is so unbelievable so saying that lecturing is their calling got me thinking seriously.
When i was serving our father i discovered that soldiers that shout and make noise re the non educated once, how many times hv u seen ur camp commandant shouting at someone? the educated once re polished and their presence will reduce cultism to the lowest. I have been with so many of them and i can tell they know what they studied in sch because in military or paramilitary but most military ur posted in area of ur specialization and that brings productivity.
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by jeffizy(m): 6:55am On Nov 02, 2013
wasak: Please sack d lecturers!!! they don't own the universities... FG does but spare prof Femi he's sincere...
#teamIHATEASUU
It will be heart-breaking if you happen to be a student in any of the striking schools!
You and your ilks ranting off about sacking ASUU are myopic IMO.
When they issued their communique on their demands, was it only salaries they are requesting for?
That is why revolution will fail in Nigeria.
When those that are been fought for don't even want it!
Shame on all Nigerian Students saying ASUU should buzz off!
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by bhadmoss(m): 7:32am On Nov 02, 2013
(˘̯˘ )
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Hayormeah(f): 8:10am On Nov 02, 2013
Let them both settle their issues and call off d strike!
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:10am On Nov 02, 2013
GEJ should not take any rash decision he will later blame APC for.
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Darejyde(m): 8:18am On Nov 02, 2013
I trust this story will inspire you for the day...

A father left 17 rams as an asset for his three sons. When the father passed away, his sons opened up the will.

The Will of the father stated that the eldest son should get 1/2(half) of 17 rams while the middle son should be given 1/3rd (one-third).The youngest son should be given 1/9th (one-ninth) of the 17 rams.

As it is not possible to divide 17 into half or 17 by 3 or 17 by 9, three sons started to fight with each other.
So, the three sons decided to go to a wise man.

The wise man listened patiently about the Will. The wise man, after giving this thought, brought one ram of his own and added the same to 17. That increased the total to 18 rams. Now, he started reading the deceased father’s will.

Half of 18 = 9. So he gave the eldest son 9 rams.

1/3rd of 18 = 6. So he gave the middle son 6 rams.

1/9th of 18 = 2. So he gave the youngest son 2 rams.

Now add this up: 9 plus 6 plus 2 is 17 and this leaves one ram, which the wise man took back!

MORAL: The attitude of negotiation and problem solving is to find the 18th ram i.e. the common ground (Zone of Possible Agreement).

Once a person is able to find the common ground, the issue is resolved. It is difficult at times. However, to reach a solution, the first step is to believe that there is a solution. If we think that there is no solution, we won’t be able to reach any

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by ddeola: 8:34am On Nov 02, 2013
The Universities are open nau but no academic work. This government needs to be properly informed that it's not about opening the universities but for academic activities to go on smoothly

FG should stop playing pranks
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by ebukaOtika(m): 8:40am On Nov 02, 2013
Billyonaire: We all know that these lecturers do not know anything. Equipped with internet, students can totally study their courses and know beyond what their Lecturers know.

It is time to abrogate ASUU and restore the Education system to Pre-ASUU days, Tertiary Education was better before ASUU was formed, and will be better after ASUU is abrogated.

They right to peaceful Assembly, does not include the Liberty to Unite for Anarchy and totalitarian malapropisms against Education of our Youths.

ASUU is totally interested in what goes into their individual bank accounts and not the plight of the Students in this country.

Choooiii , Guy you too much o . See as you use English Finish Person For Here , I sure Say some Lectureres and ASUU people no sabi dis one sef i fit bet am wit my N50 ...... come put the 116 likes again , Guy i commot Fila for You ooooooooooo
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by topsonfash: 8:47am On Nov 02, 2013
This plan B clearly confirms that this report is false but pls what concerns state owned Universities with this strike?
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Natasha2(f): 9:06am On Nov 02, 2013
Okay
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by toprealman: 9:34am On Nov 02, 2013
Why use a different approach to tackle ASUU's quagmire from meanwhile militants and boko haram are grooving?
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Drive512(m): 9:45am On Nov 02, 2013
We can only decieve people but not ourselves, cos the more we continue to lag behind in all our national endeavours the more we promote international communities. If there is a problem with our eductional system, what are the youths doing about it? Are we going to continue folding our arms and look at the FG and ASUU play ludo with our future?
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by obilu10001: 10:12am On Nov 02, 2013
demelza: Now wey December don reach?
Abeg FG I wan do christmas for house. angry

U dey crase 4 head, House never tire U? Na wa 4 uooooooO
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by macherie1: 10:21am On Nov 02, 2013
Much as I hate the government's approach to University Education in Nigeria, I think ASUU is now overdoing the strike. History should have thought them by now that strike is not a good approach to solving the problem in the university sector. Its hard to know whose interest they are fighting for anymore. certainly not the student's.
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by andrano: 10:58am On Nov 02, 2013
shame on fg. We no want go skool again until dem pay ASUU money complete. Fg want call off strike dem sef ooooo hahahahahahahaha funny. Me don tire wit dis una propaganda abeg. Pay ASUU money simple, abi na d money d pain una bele? Da one na dier sweat o.
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by fabidis(m): 11:50am On Nov 02, 2013
Evrybd is jes xpressing his/hr mind.buh seriosly aw is it possibl for schs to resume without d mutual agreemnt of d lecturers.jes lookin at those ppl takin this to b fun .mind u it si somethn concernin d future of we student.pls ppl wake up nw we can't jes sit and watch dis lagging government of us lik this.
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by ObiOkpor(m): 12:32pm On Nov 02, 2013
askdek:

you must be a complete fool for written this
check ur english bros abi na nite skul u go?
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 02, 2013
Taeewo: Pls i beg both of you in d name of God,dnt call off d strike cuz i do av sex wit one of d affected student (neigbhour)everyday since july 1st...pls am addicted to it,i want to do it for a year..
You need serious prayers#SMH for you
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by onyinye03(f): 4:51pm On Nov 02, 2013
andrano: shame on fg. We no want go skool again until dem pay ASUU money complete. Fg want call off strike dem sef ooooo hahahahahahahaha funny. Me don tire wit dis una propaganda abeg. Pay ASUU money simple, abi na d money d pain una bele? Da one na dier sweat o.
LOL, who is "we"? Biko speak 4 urself ( ˘˘̯)
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by ignis: 7:24pm On Nov 02, 2013
kcy: as a 200l student,i can lecture 100l student,i got my credentials
Lol.... You are not serious.
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Isodice: 7:32pm On Nov 02, 2013
andrano: shame on fg. We no want go skool again until dem pay ASUU money complete. Fg want call off strike dem sef ooooo hahahahahahahaha funny. Me don tire wit dis una propaganda abeg. Pay ASUU money simple, abi na d money d pain una bele? Da one na dier sweat o.
lol... See as u dey confuse ur sef!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

3 University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Students Graduate With Perfect CGPA Of 7.0 / University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities / List Of Top 25 Universities In Africa In 2017 Ranked By Times Higher Education

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52