Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG (55267 Views)

Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria / Most Difficult Universities To Make First-Class In Nigeria? / Toughest Universities To Enter In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 01, 2013
brightmexy: they should not forget to do the NEEDFUl
dude, yur name is a bit familiar, almost same with that of a friend's. pls Are yu a lion??(Unn)
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by onyeka205(m): 7:31pm On Nov 01, 2013
bamto: This is how Plan B will work- that's if this news is for real.

Managements will open register for as many lecturers are willing to resume work. Others will be relieved, and vacancies put up. New lecturers will be appointed and wholla, sanity will be restored.

Meanwhile, disgruntled aggrieved sacked lecturers will sue FG to court. The case will be decided in their favor but appealed till it gets to the supreme court. That will be about 10-12years from now. Ask Ilorin 49.

Those that would be employed would form another ASUU only to start another strike by next year. You can see that sacking lecturers and employing others is not the solution to the problem. Conversely, all the lecturers will go back to class and school fees would be raised to N200,000. This is the option the FG is giving the lecturers. They may accept that option.
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by amedave(m): 7:32pm On Nov 01, 2013
I just dey observe nd pity ASUU, shebi them wnt be like SENATORS ni, let fg pay them that allowance this november nd let me see hw many of them will escape kidnap. In this kind of economic situation, i pity them. E go over them. Them tink say our politicians they sleep with eyes close...ahhhh...go nd ask Bankole he wil tel u or ask stella she wil explain d mystery behind d armoured car. Imagine when lecturers go they come clas wit army excort....
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Wallade(m): 7:37pm On Nov 01, 2013
gerald09: I hope dis news is true, cos ASUU don fu*ck up, 5 month of strike n counting, just cos dem no c money to chop. Am sure some student/persons will condemn "PLAN B". Please GEJ some1 needs to mess ASUU up, for years dey have prevented student from quality education, d same student dey claim dey fighting for have suffered in d hand of d same ASUU members. We need dem scraped.

On your case, my people will say "eni ti a ntori e gba awe to n je osan". Some students just don't understand ASUU is also supporting the long term interests of students via this strike. Some are just interested in graduating anyhow as unfinished products - empty and largely defficient of employable skills unless subjected to extensive training again by employers - that has always been the case.
For Gods sake, we are tired of strike suspension and resumption on the same issues. If this current strike will compel govt to address the issues and solve it, then I think ASUU should continue. FEC/FG/SG kept creating more tertiary institutions without adequately developing, equiping and funding the existing ones. There must be change from graduating persons with certificates that they can't defend.

1 Like

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Afritop(m): 7:42pm On Nov 01, 2013
its like the goverment have decided to take up the lecturing job by announcing this news
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by hmjenongso: 7:43pm On Nov 01, 2013
What is wrong with the FG advisers? I am not aware of an order closing the Universities, all students are free to go into there various campus, ASUU will not be there to Lecture, Stand still. You haven't said anything
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by MaziOmenuko: 7:43pm On Nov 01, 2013
Its a pity that Nigeria students don't support ASUU in this strike. They all are eager to return to dilapidated lecture halls and rotten academic system! This fight is for the betterment of the education sector.

I pray the FG will allow a total autonomy of the universities so that they will generate their fund and run the schools. By the time you're told that school fees is now N200k, NANS will organize their own strike.

1 Like

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Akainzo(m): 7:43pm On Nov 01, 2013
samtin: ASUU strikes from1999 till date:
1999 -5 months
2001 -3 months
2003 - 6 months (extended to early 2004)
2005 - 3 days
2006 - 1 week
2007 - 3 months
2008 - 1 week
2009 - 4 months
2011 - 3 months extend into 2012
2013 - over 4months and still counting,,,,
From the above analysis, it's clear there was never a time FG met 100% of ASUU demands before they called off the strike. If this is the case, why has ASUU refused to shift ground even when FG has met more than 75% of their demands? From available information, FG has met all ASUU demands. The only contentious issue is the ambiguous N92b earned allowance claim which FG has released N60b to universities management to pay upon verification. Is the release of N60b not enough for a sane organisation to shift ground and allow Nigerian students enjoy the education they paid for while negotiation with FG continues?
ASUU has however, continuously refused to tell Nigerians the
contentious issues. The ones FG has met and the areas it's yet to meet. The present ASUU represents nothing but deceit and has lost public sympathy. It's obvious ASUU strike has become annual event where lecturers abandon their jobs in public universities for part- time jobs in private universities. The best thing for FG is to disaband ASUU so that it won't have a national body again because it has become a political tool in the hand of APC to destabilise GEJ's govt.

So ASUU members in the Federal University Otuoke, right in GEJ's home state are APC influenced?
ASUU members in University of Uyo, in Akpabio's backyard, are being influenced by APC?
ASUU members in UniPort are being influenced by APC, so also all the members in all the PDP controlled states?

So is it safe to then say that GEJ & PDP are then clueless since it is APC that can even influence things against them in their own domain?
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by holyfather(m): 7:43pm On Nov 01, 2013
Pukkah:

What you wrote up there is meaningless.

In case of next time, the meaning is MALAPROPISM is:

malapropism
— noun

an act or habit of misusing words ridiculously, especially by the confusion of words that are similar in sound.
an instance of this, as in “Lead the way and we'll precede.”
— Related forms
mal·a·prop·is·tic, adjective

Ironically, the grammar offence you committed is known as 'malapropism'.

Since you like being grandiose, it won't be a bad idea to modify your name to 'Malapropistic Billyonaire'.

#ShootingGun Tinz

pukkah
u hav nothing to contribute here...quit seeking unnecessary attention.u r too old for that!
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Dubemkelly(m): 7:44pm On Nov 01, 2013
venorite: So re they gonna employ new staff cos I think the lecturers re the one on strike and they also do the teaching....
Not all lecturers r in tune with d strike...SSANU,d senior lecturers aint n basically I think its d so called profs who r on d frontier
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Umarjada1: 7:52pm On Nov 01, 2013
Codedrock:
WOW! I AM SERIOUSLY LOVING THIS. FUC.K THOSE BITC.H THAT CALLS THEMSELVE ASUU.. GO ON MR JONATHAN I AM WITH YOU! Guys wetin you think?
Like this post if you support me!
Popular Female Rapper Nicki Minaj Shares Another Set Of NA*KED Pictures. Check It Out![photo]
hahaha a uncle jona and his wife are going back to university hall to be lecturing student. Can't wait to see
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Ekowise(m): 7:59pm On Nov 01, 2013
No source oooooo
Abeg put source
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by jovie50: 7:59pm On Nov 01, 2013
ASUU strikes from1999 till date:
1999 -5 months
2001 -3 months
2003 - 6 months (extended to early 2004)
2005 - 3 days
2006 - 1 week
2007 - 3 months
2008 - 1 week
2009 - 4 months
2011 - 3 months extend into 2012
2013 - over 4months and still counting,,,,,
From the above analysis, it's clear there was never a time FG met 100% of ASUU demands before they called off the strike. If this is the case, why has ASUU refused to shift ground even when FG has met more than 75% of their demands? From available information, FG has met all ASUU demands. The only contentious issue is the ambiguous N92b earned allowance claim which FG has released N60b to universities management to pay upon verification. Is the release of N60b not enough for a sane organisation to shift ground and allow Nigerian students enjoy the education they paid for while negotiation with FG continues?
ASUU has however, continuously refused to tell Nigerians the contentious issues. The ones FG has met and the areas it's yet to meet. The present ASUU represents nothing but deceit and has lost public sympathy. It's obvious ASUU strike has become annual event where lecturers abandon their jobs in public universities for part-time jobs in private universities. The best thing for FG is to disaband ASUU so that it won't have a national body again because it has become a political tool in the hand of APC to destabilise GEJ's govt.
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Ifeconwaba(m): 8:01pm On Nov 01, 2013
Sir-Tunechi:

@d first bolded text....ASUU need to call of the strike for you to learn the use of english properly
@second bolded text.... U dont know ASUU @all
@third bolded text... I have jst one question 4 u... was there ever a time you did spellings in primary school
people like you thinks that they know all in english but the truth is that they dont know virtually nothing in english' just small typographical error you people will start blabbing your mouth
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Taeewo(m): 8:09pm On Nov 01, 2013
Ok
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Emrich(m): 8:16pm On Nov 01, 2013
Mavor: They should go and recruit Indians and South Americans who speak English and Eastern Europeans who speak English. Okonji-Iweala should create two university funds, one a fixed 5 year fund for the payment of negotiated salaries and benefit with these new foreigners assuring a guaranteed payment of their salaries once they meet certain teaching standards, the other fund that is responsible for the upkeep and educational facilities development of all federal and state universities. National Assembly should also pass a law for the full privatization of all federal universities after 10 yrs. Each states should have a yearly tuition scholarship for university students to support students from poor homes.
To be added in the list of demands?
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 01, 2013
It would be interesting to see how the universities would be forcefully reopened without ASUU lecturers. Maybe the FG is busy at the moment recruiting Indian teachers who will take over from ASUU lecturers, but this option I can say is not feasible. Therefore, it would be akin to planting plantain without the plantain planter if universities are reopened without teachers or opening the church auditorium on a Sunday morning without the pastors evevthough the worshippers or devotees are all seated; the pastors in this case being the lecturers, while the worshippers or devotees are the students.
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 01, 2013
abes:

Yes, you are right, the students will organize exams for themselves, mark and grade themselves, issue certificates themselves, smh.
. I support u die, make student issue all tins 2 deir self
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Emrich(m): 8:27pm On Nov 01, 2013
Mavor: They should go and recruit Indians and South Americans who speak English and Eastern Europeans who speak English. Okonji-Iweala should create two university funds, one a fixed 5 year fund for the payment of negotiated salaries and benefit with these new foreigners assuring a guaranteed payment of their salaries once they meet certain teaching standards, the other fund that is responsible for the upkeep and educational facilities development of all federal and state universities. National Assembly should also pass a law for the full privatization of all federal universities after 10 yrs. Each states should have a yearly tuition scholarship for university students to support students from poor homes.
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Emrich(m): 8:28pm On Nov 01, 2013
askdek:

you must be a complete fool for written this
No comments.

Deiok: You are even wrong. He wrote "Written" instead of "write".
Laughing my *** off; see correction.

Raymondfayowole:

bros take am easy wit d guy naw mayb he wnted 2 write "i" instead he wrote "e"
Wow, "I" as in "writtin?" who will I correct? Abeg, ASUU, pity us and save this country.

1 Like

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Cjay2020(m): 8:30pm On Nov 01, 2013
i still imagine what it means to open universities without the LECTURERS!...is it possible?...
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by kaka22(m): 8:35pm On Nov 01, 2013
bamto: This is how Plan B will work- that's if this news is for real.

Managements will open register for as many lecturers are willing to resume work. Others will be relieved, and vacancies put up. New lecturers will be appointed and wholla, sanity will be restored.

Meanwhile, disgruntled aggrieved sacked lecturers will sue FG to court. The case will be decided in their favor but appealed till it gets to the supreme court. That will be about 10-12years from now. Ask Ilorin 49.
Furthermore, the management of each university will be saddled with responsibility of employing divide and rule tactics so as to break the rank of ASUU. Note: some lecturers are tired of this ASUU strike.
Those lecturers that are tired of ASUU strike and those that will be manipulated and persuaded by management of the school will sign the register... Even bonus might be given to those that sign the agreement.
Those that do not resume and sign the register will be sacked.
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by agabaI23(m): 8:36pm On Nov 01, 2013
Not all lecturers are on strike and not all lecturers want the strike.

1 Like

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by drhammed: 8:36pm On Nov 01, 2013
pls, what did Amaechi did to ASUU in UST
Gabbysky:

Ask Amaechi what he did to ASUU in UST
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by kaka22(m): 8:45pm On Nov 01, 2013
drhammed: pls, what did Amaechi did to ASUU in UST
Yeeeeeee!... *gbagaun
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by Lanretoye(m): 8:47pm On Nov 01, 2013
Guys let us think,the schools were never shut at anytime...school without the lecturers put things still at square one,besides FG made promises to the lecturers then they should respect their agreement...some of us will be the lecturers of tomorrow so let no govt play politics on our intelligence. they will lavish funds irrelevant issues like air fleets and bullet proved,and amoured vehicles wen nothin is threatening their lives but just as a result of their consequential problems,yet they can't afford to fulfill common agreements they fore-made with ppl that add values to thousand of young nigerians...let's wise up and rise up in a voice that we may achieve a lasting resolution.
My submission!!!
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by SirTunechi(f): 8:48pm On Nov 01, 2013
Ifeconwaba: people like you thinks that they know all in english but the truth is that they dont know virtually nothing in english' just small typographical error you people will start blabbing your mouth
if you know english well coupled with logic, then you would know d text bolded is a compliment

1 Like

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by lastmessenger: 8:50pm On Nov 01, 2013
I dont trust this site
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by emmyx2010: 8:50pm On Nov 01, 2013
PETER DEY VEX UNA PRESIDENT

Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by agabaI23(m): 8:51pm On Nov 01, 2013
Lanretoye: Guys let us think,the schools were never shut at anytime...school without the lecturers put things still at square one,besides FG made promises to the lecturers then they should respect their agreement...some of us will be the lecturers of tomorrow so let no govt play politics on our intelligence. they will lavish funds irrelevant issues like air fleets and bullet proved,and amoured vehicles wen nothin is threatening their lives but just as a result of their consequential problems,yet they can't afford to fulfill common agreements they fore-made with ppl that add values to thousand of young nigerians...let's wise up and rise up in a voice that we may achieve a lasting resolution.
My submission!!!
This is the way it will work. Most lecturers have not been paid for 3 months. If the Govt begin to pay those who agree to resume (many will), then even the diehard ones will begin to shift around on their seat.
Re: Universities To Open Next Week, With Or Without ASUU - FG by biomedixexcel(m): 9:03pm On Nov 01, 2013
Opening university or not, d deeds have already been done, as for me and my house JONATHAN MUST GO 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

OOU Loses A 300level Female Student- See Her Photo / University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities / Parents Should Stop Doing This Because Of Their Children's Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.