Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,344 members, 7,811,993 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? (29107 Views)

See What Nigerian Women Can Do (photos) / Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? / Why Many Nigerian Women End Up As Housewives? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by lymelyte(m): 4:59pm On Nov 04, 2013
The person who has stopped being thankful has fallen asleep in life..Ladies,When eating the fruit, think of the person who planted the tree.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by Lilimax(f): 4:59pm On Nov 04, 2013
dabrake:
An indirect manner of begging for cheap 'LIKES'. Forget, we understand.
why you dey beef am nah?

1 Like

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by soulglo: 5:01pm On Nov 04, 2013
bigheart2013:

Thanks and God bless you for addressing my questions. I want to keep helping but asked the questions to know how to avoid the pitfall of others. I have a little 26yrs old sister. After the death of our mom, being the last born and only girl, she became the queen of the family. I saw her through university in Nigeria. She's in Canada now doing her masters at almost $36,000 USD. Being the oldest son I sold one house, and going through 'hell' now to pay her tuition in Canada. I just don't want to ever think she will be ungrateful to me one day after this. I haven't even married because of carrying the burden of others. Maybe my expectations from them is high. I just don't want to regret all this one day. This is why I'm asking experienced people for guide. I got some points already. God bless you all.

You're not married because you don't want to get married. Life is about making choices. You made a poor one. Blame no one but yourself.
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 04, 2013
Khalessi: Can these jobless douchebags on nairaland stop making the Nigerian female look bad!!!! This nonsense points you've just listed ain't exclusive to Nigerians ladies only, people from all over the world do it. angry
Are you a male or female? If youre a male youre sfae but if a female there are two things involved; either you are an aristo babe or you ask for recharge cards always. If you are aristo ure safe but if otherwise you better watch it coz u'l not find it funny now that guys are vexxing.........

1 Like

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by charlins20(m): 5:04pm On Nov 04, 2013
just help and try to forget u did.Thank God u ve renderd help to someone .God is d rewarder of evry good works.
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by LoveDecay(m): 5:04pm On Nov 04, 2013
bigheart2013:

Thanks and God bless you for addressing my questions. I want to keep helping but asked the questions to know how to avoid the pitfall of others. I have a little 26yrs old sister. After the death of our mom, being the last born and only girl, she became the queen of the family. I saw her through university in Nigeria. She's in Canada now doing her masters at almost $36,000 USD. Being the oldest son I sold one house, and going through 'hell' now to pay her tuition in Canada. I just don't want to ever think she will be ungrateful to me one day after this. I haven't even married because of carrying the burden of others. Maybe my expectations from them is high. I just don't want to regret all this one day. This is why I'm asking experienced people for guide. I got some points already. God bless you all.

Nah, dude - ur taking this a little far. Why would you think, your only sister would be ungrateful. If i give up, anything of mine , time or money for family , i never consider it a "sacrifice" but rather an investment. If she, turns her back on you tommorow , just remember , she can never change history, your name and action will forever resonate in her life's "TRUE" story. wink

7 Likes

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by freecocoa(f): 5:05pm On Nov 04, 2013
WackyJ1:

Why do Ladies like defending themselves with the same thing..

Last last they will use their favourite defense "All Girls are not the same. It must be the girls that you Move around with that are ungrateful"
And your point is?
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by Arosa(m): 5:07pm On Nov 04, 2013
lirusehn: is dia anyfin like NIGERIAN women y'all crazy or wot?

Another teacher in the house, what is wrong with that? Nigeria women is not correct. undecided
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 04, 2013
Area-Fada:

Spot on. Humans are generally ungrateful.

You see it among Naija women because you deal with them in your Naija environment or social circle.

Agreed Naija case is particularly bad.

Number 1 is lucky that the lady is not working in his company. Don't be surprised if she would somehow engineer his sack from that company.

I helped a Naija woman who was like 7 months pregnant when she arrived in Europe. You know some women 7 months pregnant can have small tummy like 5 months pregnancy.

When she delivered I was helping her with the authorities, birth registration, translating for her, being a non-English speaking country.
She later told the authorities that I was responsible for the pregnancy. Just because they put her under pressure to declare who the dad was to ensure he pays child support.

Nna, na so I see oyinbo officials land for my house to interview me.

A woman I just pitied, never knew her before, not my girlfriend. No be something o.
On the other hand Maybe she faced repatriation and hoped u'll understand
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by DrKlever(m): 5:09pm On Nov 04, 2013
I hate Nigerian women, and before I help a girl I must have helped 100 guys around her. They always feel one John Bull would have assisted them even more if you failed to, so they owe you no appreciation. Bastards!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ayoolla: Are you a male or female? If youre a male youre sfae but if a female there are two things involved; either you are an aristo babe or you ask for recharge cards always. If you are aristo ure safe but if otherwise you better watch it coz u'l not find it funny now that guys are vexxing.........
Guy I've my own money, I don't need a man to pay my bills. What is Aristo and recharge card? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 04, 2013
Nothing wrong with helping one's sisters, aunties, nieces, and other female relatives without expectations of gratitude. As for 'external' females, there is also nothing wrong with helping (older) women or sexually unappealing women in some form of distress, especially when children are involved. For the former, family is always family, and for the latter, it always feels good to be humanitarian.

HOWEVER, it is SHEER FOOLISHNESS to render any significant assistance to any unrelated nubile female without smashing her kongo before or during the process. Don't even bother to help them 'because of God'. Even God Himself would shake His head in pity at your muguness. There are millions of people out there (distressed families, sick children with hapless mothers, poor GUYS in dire need of employment, your own relatives in dire need of help, etc) who are better qualified to receive your help 'because of God' than one random nubile babe with an overbloated sense of entitlement.

10 Likes

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 04, 2013
lirusehn: is dia anyfin like NIGERIAN women y'all crazy or wot?
U ok?
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by bigheart2013(m): 5:11pm On Nov 04, 2013
StateOfMind:

Mr, what exactly is your problem? Do you help people just because you want them to worship you after the help rendered? I can't even believe you are already lamenting and whining about helping your own blood sister. You should be ashamed of yourself.....

I also don't understand how being ungrateful is now a gender thing. I bet if a non-nigerian came here to generalise about nigerians being ungrateful, many posters would have pounced on him and cursed him for the foolish generalization. Now every BOY has a story to tell about ungrateful nigerian women..

This is a blog for Nigerians, who discuss issues peculiar to Nigerians...please go back and check the name 'Nairaland' . You absolutely have the rights to spend more time on foreign blogs. But if you wana 'waste' your time here, be ready to hear Nigerian gists. We are Nigerians, and discuss Nigerian stuff, sometime not necessarily what you may like to hear. Our great country recently passed 'Freedom Of Information Bill'. We are free at last to air our views without intimidation, thanks to GEJ grin! Remain blessed!

4 Likes

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by nnenna311: 5:11pm On Nov 04, 2013
Pls not every woman is ungrateful,my huby saw me through school from my first degree to two Msc and a PhD. He is stucked with just OND 'cause of his job and. my studies. Married him just yrs ago. I owe him every thing.

5 Likes

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 04, 2013
Iaz93: No! Pity yourself instead. The OP didn't generalize. So why the fuss?
If the OP had said women cool....but he generalized his statement since he mentioned a particular country.

1 Like

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by adavetee(m): 5:14pm On Nov 04, 2013
Kk
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by sanspiffy(m): 5:15pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ignore all that shit I typed earlier

1 Like

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by freecocoa(f): 5:15pm On Nov 04, 2013
I was having a debate with my cousin yesterday about giving, he is of the idea that when you give it is only right to expect in return and I was telling him that means you didn't genuinely give cos I believe giving should be done with no expectations, the same thing with helping people.

If you decide to help someone then please count it as nothing, don't even expect a "thank you" true that as a human being, not being appreciated may dampen your spirit to help again but then if you meet someone who helps wholeheartedly, he doesn't notice all these yeye faults and complains.

Btw the debate happened cos my cousin gave his phone in the church as "seed sowing" with faith that he'll get a better one, what mumu thinking.

1 Like

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by tivta(m): 5:16pm On Nov 04, 2013
nnenna311: Pls not every woman is ungrateful,my huby saw me through school from my first degree to two Msc and a PhD. He is stucked with just OND 'cause of his job and. my studies. Married him just yrs ago. I owe him every thing.

My dear you are getting the gist all wrong. The op never said all nigerian women, he said most nigerian women. So you must be one of the rare few.

1 Like

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 04, 2013
never in my life planned to help any gal... and never will.. mtcheeww...

if i must... i must phuck yhu period....

d only gals imma help, my mom, sis and fiancee.... not galfreind ooo...

1 Like

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by sanspiffy(m): 5:20pm On Nov 04, 2013
Area-Fada:

Spot on. Humans are generally ungrateful.

You see it among Naija women because you deal with them in your Naija environment or social circle.

Agreed Naija case is particularly bad.

Number 1 is lucky that the lady is not working in his company. Don't be surprised if she would somehow engineer his sack from that company.

I helped a Naija woman who was like 7 months pregnant when she arrived in Europe. You know some women 7 months pregnant can have small tummy like 5 months pregnancy.

When she delivered I was helping her with the authorities, birth registration, translating for her, being a non-English speaking country.
She later told the authorities that I was responsible for the pregnancy. Just because they put her under pressure to declare who the dad was to ensure he pays child support.

Nna, na so I see oyinbo officials land for my house to interview me. Dude I could imagine the shyte you went through

A woman I just pitied, never knew her before, not my girlfriend. No be something o.
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ayoolla: Are you a male or female? If youre a male youre sfae but if a female there are two things involved; either you are an aristo babe or you ask for recharge cards always. If you are aristo ure safe but if otherwise you better watch it coz u'l not find it funny now that guys are vexxing.........
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by Polio: 5:20pm On Nov 04, 2013
Khalessi: Can these jobless douchebags on nairaland stop making the Nigerian female look bad!!!! This nonsense points you've just listed ain't exclusive to Nigerians ladies only, people from all over the world do it. angry

Shut the fu...ck up woman!

6 Likes

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by tivta(m): 5:20pm On Nov 04, 2013
freecocoa: I was having a debate with my cousin yesterday about giving, he is of the idea that when you give it is only right to expect in return and I was telling him that means you didn't genuinely give cos I believe giving should be done with no expectations, the same thing with helping people.

If you decide to help someone then please count it as nothing, don't even expect a "thank you" true that as a human being, not being appreciated may dampen your spirit to help again but then if you meet someone who helps wholeheartedly, he doesn't notice all these yeye faults and complains.

Btw the debate happened cos my cousin gave his phone in the church as "seed sowing" with faith that he'll get a better one, what mumu thinking.

Do you thank god for blessings? Then why not humans? Remember the golden rule' do unto others as you want them to do unto you.'

3 Likes

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 04, 2013
Polio:

Shut the fu...ck up woman!
lol.. shoulda been..

SHUT THE FUC.K UP BEEOTCH.

4 Likes

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by creativemusic: 5:23pm On Nov 04, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by Domaro: 5:24pm On Nov 04, 2013
prinzeepule: its how u present ursef dat matters.........if yu present ur sef as a mugu,so be it dnt tink is evry naija gal sha

greater no of world ladies do this esp. Here in naija. U help a desprate lady without T-fair to pay her bill, next u talk to her.... She will bounce on you. "is it because of this chicken money u pay for me now that u can not let me be" every body will turn to suspect that u did what u did to gain advantage of her.
So bad for them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by bigheart2013(m): 5:24pm On Nov 04, 2013
soul_glo:

You're not married because you don't want to get married. Life is about making choices. You made a poor one. Blame no one but yourself.

"You won't understand" is a popular slang at PH. Haven't you ever heard of married men who complain that their new wives came in and brought 'katakata' between them and their siblings? Maybe you haven't been in such a situation, and I don't pray you get into one. In this part of the world, it's usually because the man rushed to bring in a wife without settling his siblings first and generally a wife from another culture may not understand why a Nigerian man is helping his 35yrs old brother. Here we believe 'blood is thicker than water'..

2 Likes

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by judedwriter(m): 5:26pm On Nov 04, 2013
An Advice to we guys- never offer help to a lady if you secretly want something back from her in return. If u help a lady, let it be from ur heart-no strings attached. Even if u r attracted to a lady, ur helping her doesn't mean she has to be your wife or mistress.

1 Like

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by Atk1nson(m): 5:26pm On Nov 04, 2013
My experience too. Help one secure a free accomodation and at her place of youth service and helped her tidy up other modalities like a fool. Not a single word of appreciation, instead she's forming big girl. I've learn't not to take the 'bb and brazilian-hair ladies' serious, dey are a lost generation. They believe dey are so classy n pretty dat every man must slave for dem. Shame.
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by iskalamong(m): 5:29pm On Nov 04, 2013
bigheart2013:

I think what you need is just prayer. And always let your little sister know how hard it is to get the money. Dont let her just feel like the money is raining on you or like your're plucking it from your garden.
Godbless!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I'm Ready To Get Married But My Father Wants Me To Build First / Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? / International Women's Day: 10 most influential women in Nigeria 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.