Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? (9412 Views)

Why Is Virginity So Important In Abrahamic Religion? / Satan Doesn't Exist; All These Abrahamic Religions Are Deceiving Everybody / Difference Between Traditional Paganism And Abrahamic Monotheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:35pm On Nov 11, 2013
Mr President:

I dont care what esu is, folake.

idolatry is the reason the Negro (Yoruba inclusive) is cursed by The Most High God.

Lemme give you a bone to chew folake

Ol\ODU\mare, ODU\duwa

2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

You dont want to know about Eshu, then accept your cant experience transformation. Yeah....we know you are puppet. Lol

Olodumare is different from Oduduwa. And do you know what Odu is? Oduduwa can be broken to Odu and dudu (black) and iwa (behaviour or character). Can you tell us what Odu is pls?

Another challenge o
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by MrPresident1: 1:54pm On Nov 11, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

You dont want to know about Eshu, then accept your cant experience transformation. Yeah....we know you are puppet. Lol

Olodumare is different from Oduduwa. And do you know what Odu is? Oduduwa can be broken to Odu and dudu (black) and iwa (behaviour or character). Can you tell us what Odu is pls?

Another challenge o

Your problem is that you overestimate your intelligence. This isn't about you, this is far bigger than you. You are dishonest.

This is about the sincere seeker who will be directed here.

Proverbs 20:24
Man's goings are of the Lord; how can a man then understand his own way?

You are not a true Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by MrPresident1: 2:03pm On Nov 11, 2013
macof:

That means The whole earth is cursed by the most high God for Idolatry.
Every religion or spirituality practices a form of Idolatry

And besides the Most high God never asked anyone to worship or not worship. He rules his heaven and have left men to rule the earth

Christians dont even know the Most High God, you think u worship the most high God but u dont, u worship Yahweh

Israel is a lineage, an heritage. We lost our place due to idolatry, wickedness and disobedience. The ones who refuse to repent will be punished soonest. The ones who repent walk in unimaginable victory.

John 4:23
But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:51pm On Nov 11, 2013
Mr President:

Your problem is that you overestimate your intelligence. This isn't about you, this is far bigger than you. You are dishonest.

This is about the sincere seeker who will be directed here.

Proverbs 20:24
Man's goings are of the Lord; how can a man then understand his own way?

You are not a true Yoruba.

Just tell you are ignorance and a clown. I cant kick your balls after that.

1 peter 3:15 said you should answer questions directed at you. What you doing since is just dodging around and those you tried to answer got your back broken.

What is the meaning of Odu?
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by MrPresident1: 3:32pm On Nov 11, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

1 peter 3:15 said you should answer questions directed at you. What you doing since is just dodging around and those you tried to answer got your back broken.

You're uncouth, untrained and dishonest.

1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

How does this translate to answering foolish questions generated from the darkest recess of a demonic brain?

You nursed a notion of Bini supremacy over the Yoruba in your heart by your tracing your ancestry to Bini, your bubble is bursted! Unfortunately for you, when the truth reaches the world, you and your co-travellers in your revisionist history would have to accept, either that, you are Oduduwa's children-Lineage Israel, or you are gentiles.

Odu means supreme!

folake, Worshipper of wood and stone!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by macof(m): 7:39pm On Nov 11, 2013
Mr President:

Israel is a lineage, an heritage. We lost our place due to idolatry, wickedness and disobedience. The ones who refuse to repent will be punished soonest. The ones who repent walk in unimaginable victory.

John 4:23
But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

Oodua people are an heritage a blessed people.

Who lost their place when they accepted the gods of another man over the gods of their ancestors

And the ones who refuse to repent shall face the wrath of the gods, because it is sin
To self inflict mental slavery,l
To insult ones ancestors
To be ungrateful
To be foolish

Olodumare shall ripe ur soul into different parts and send u to nourish disgusting planets for not gaining enlightenment and seeking truth
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:44pm On Nov 11, 2013
Mr President:

1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

How does this translate to answering foolish questions generated from the darkest recess of a demonic brain?

You want to redefine what a question is? Chai.....I gave you the best upper cut. See butthurt lol.

I asked you simple question, I dont know why you running around the bush from it.

You nursed a notion of Bini supremacy over the Yoruba in your heart by your tracing your ancestry to Bini, your bubble is bursted! Unfortunately for you, when the truth reaches the world, you and your co-travellers in your revisionist history would have to accept, either that, you are Oduduwa's children-Lineage Israel, or you are gentiles.

Lol. How is the burying of bini king's head in Ife turn to supremacy? Do you know Eko (lagos) belong to bini people? Pls show us the historical relationship between Israel and Yoruba. Chai...dishonesty and insincerity patched with ignorance is deadly virus.

Maybe we need to redefine supremacy because you just pick words and use it without knowing the meaning.

And what exactly do you burst? Where is your historical facts that back your points? I have giving you connection in history, topography, culture and politics.

Oduduwa was the son of last Ogiso (meaning kings from the sky) so the yoruba through this believe Oduduwa was from the sky.

Bini is to the east of Oyo.

Ooni (the title after the king of Ife) came after a foreign pregnant woman was captured during Oro festival. She was spared because she was pregnant and dedicated to the gods and also helping aging Oduduwa in his shrine. Ooni means this one is spared. The reason there was a king in Ife was installing of the priest in Ife by britains. Original there are no kings there. This is the reason why the Alaafin wont accept Ooni as king or superior in gathering.

The son of Oranmiyan (Eweka) was the first Oba of bini.

Bini was called then Edo until it was changed to Ile Ibinu (town of anger).

Bini today have Oba....they have yoruba names. Pls how is this supremacy? You can be so foolish.

Odu means supreme!

Ignorance and stupidity display again.

If Odu mean supreme then Odu Ifa mean supreme Ifa. Smh. Also when yoruba priest ask what is the Odu that show in Ifa mean what is the supreme? Your failure is classical and epic. You might go to school but you worse than illiterates.

Odu mean Intelligence.

Orunmila is the spirit of Intelligence. Odu Ifa mean intelligent facet of Ifa corpus.

Your ignorance is alarming.

And you worship ruin of wall and Kabbalah. Mtchewwww have you been to Israel once? Abeg you cant know that.

You worship the god of hills, rocks and mountain. Here is the evidence https://www.nairaland.com/1508769/christians-god-idol-hills See pot calling kettle black. Stupidity of highest order. Lol

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by macof(m): 7:44pm On Nov 11, 2013
Mr President:

Odu means supreme!

Dude are high on dog poo?

He never said Yoruba as Bini origin
He only believes Oduduwa came from Benin, personal I don't because Oduduwa is still a mystery

Are u so daft to even think that if people originate from a place it makes that place Better than the new location
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by macof(m): 8:03pm On Nov 11, 2013
Foly u seem to make some errors
1. Eko indigenes are The Awori people who migrated from Ife during the Great expansion Era, their land was however controlled by bini for a long time before the British came to dispose Benin and make Eko(Lagos) their colony.

2. Oduduwa was never thought by the Ife people to come from Igodomigodo(Edo's former name), they believed he was possessed by the Orisha who created dry land and as come to claim the Ife as his creation.

you know that ancient Yoruba told stories of how Ife is the first dry land created by Orisha Oduduwa

3. The Ooni of Ife would disagree with you, he claims that Oranmiyan went back to Ife after creating the Oyo-mesi made of his most trusted subjects to act as the very first parliamentary system in yorubaland. Oranmiyan had a son who became Ooni when he came of age

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:08pm On Nov 11, 2013
macof:

He only believes Oduduwa came from Benin, personal I don't because Oduduwa is still a mystery

Are u so daft to even think that if people originate from a place it makes that place Better than the new location

No. He thought Oduduwa didn't meet people in Oyo when he came. The ignorance and dishonesty of the guy is really serious.

If you want to know the history of Oduduwa, pls dont watch nollywood movie. There is one that said Oduduwa came from mecca. That is kinda corruption entertainment industry is doing to our culture.

The first Oba in bini was the son of Oranmiyan. In the olden days, Ife is a site when daily rituals are done so do not have specific king but people are living there. Until the britain came to install the then priest as king, the same way Alake was the king of Egba.

Oranmiyan was supposed to become king in Bini but decline that because he already took over Oduduwa rituals activities since the latter passed away. That is the reason bini kings head are sent to their father bossom in Ife till date.

Benin mean Ile-Ibinu. They have Oba today not Ogiso (kings from the sky). Still wondering how that mean bini supremacy. Mr president is smoking coke and hard cracks
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:20pm On Nov 11, 2013
macof: Foly u seem to make some errors
1. Eko indigenes are The Awori people who migrated from Ife during the Great expansion Era, their land was however controlled by bini for a long time before the British came to dispose Benin and make Eko(Lagos) their colony.

I am open to correction.

How can bini controll another terrain if

- they dont have relation with the people of the terrain.

- they do not own the terrain (without war)?

We are still on same thing.

2. Oduduwa was never thought by the Ife people to come from Igodomigodo(Edo's former name), they believed he was possessed by the Orisha who created dry land and as come to claim the Ife as his creation.

Sango is different from Ajaokuta you know? But Sango is use for Ajaokuta. Same thing with Oduduwa....the human is different from that of the creation character.
Yoruba believe Oduduwa came from the sky. Historical relation states that Ogiso means kings from the sky. Bini is the east of Oyo....iwo orun.

3. The Ooni of Ife would disagree with you, he claims that Oranmiyan went back to Ife after creating the Oyo-mesi made of his most trusted subjects to act as the very first parliamentary system in yorubaland. Oranmiyan had a son who became Ooni when he came of age

And where did Eweka the first king of bini came from?

Why do you think there is disagreements between Ooni and Alaafin?

Well from the history I heard, Orunmila created Oyo-mesi but withdrawed to continue rituals in Ife. The britain made priest from Ife king. They were never king from the beginning.
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by macof(m): 9:45pm On Nov 11, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

I am open to correction.

How can bini controll another terrain if

- they dont have relation with the people of the terrain.

- they do not own the terrain (without war)?

We are still on same thing.

Sango is different from Ajaokuta you know? But Sango is use for Ajaokuta. Same thing with Oduduwa....the human is different from that of the creation character.
Yoruba believe Oduduwa came from the sky. Historical relation states that Ogiso means kings from the sky. Bini is the east of Oyo....iwo orun.

And where did Eweka the first king of bini came from?

Why do you think there is disagreements between Ooni and Alaafin?

Well from the history I heard, Orunmila created Oyo-mesi but withdrawed to continue rituals in Ife. The britain made priest from Ife king. They were never king from the beginning.

Bini under the new dynasty of Eweka's descendants were powerful warriors who could even match Ancient Oyo.

They controlled many lands after defeating the indigenes, eg. Akure, Akoko, Owo and Eko. They planned on reaching Ekiti but Ekiti requested for Oyo's protection, Oyo made Ekiti it's own colony. Benin couldn't afford to fight with Oyo for many logical reasons.

Oduduwa(the human) might be different from Oduduwa(the Orisha) but it was believed that the Orisha owned The human and had come to claim the throne. it was a fulfillment of prophecy.

I think u are mixing "Oyo" with "Ile-Ife"

Oranmiyan left Ife for Uselu(Igodomigodo capital) and left there in anger re-naming it Ile-Binu/Ile-Ibinu.
it was when Oranmiyan got back from bini, he created Oyo. So Benin and Ife are older than Oyo. Benin kings don't even recognize Oyo, it's Ife they cared about because that's the ancestral home of the Oba of Benin

Bini call "Ife"- "Uhe" meaning source and they pagan religion is so similar to Yoruba
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:10pm On Nov 11, 2013
macof:

Bini under the new dynasty of Eweka's descendants were powerful warriors who could even match Ancient Oyo.

They controlled many lands after defeating the indigenes, eg. Akure, Akoko, Owo and Eko. They planned on reaching Ekiti but Ekiti requested for Oyo's protection, Oyo made Ekiti it's own colony. Benin couldn't afford to fight with Oyo for many logical reasons.

Oduduwa(the human) might be different from Oduduwa(the Orisha) but it was believed that the Orisha owned The human and had come to claim the throne. it was a fulfillment of prophecy.

I think u are mixing "Oyo" with "Ile-Ife"

Oranmiyan left Ife for Uselu(Igodomigodo capital) and left there in anger re-naming it Ile-Binu/Ile-Ibinu.
it was when Oranmiyan got back from bini, he created Oyo. So Benin and Ife are older than Oyo. Benin kings don't even recognize Oyo, it's Ife they cared about because that's the ancestral home of the Oba of Benin

Bini call "Ife"- "Uhe" meaning source and they pagan religion is so similar to Yoruba

Wow. This is classic bro. So you have this and kept it with you all this while? Adiye o kin je ifun ara won ke. Inu mi, inu e omo iya.

Really sorry about the mistake I made in my previous post. I wrote Orunmila instead of Oranmiyan.

From the history I had, Ooni is not a direct son or descendants of sixteen children of Oduduwa. And this has caused controversy between the Alaafin and Ooni over superiocity. From what I was told, after the death of Oduduwa his son, Oranmiyan was invited to take over the job of his father, which was primarily ritual, as well as leader of Ile Ife. Oranmiyan refused because he had succeeded in building an economically viable place at Oyo Ile with administratively sound method of government around the Oyomesi council in chief and it would be very degrading to leave and move to Ile Ife to be involved in ritual daily sacrifices exercises. In the light of that assumptions Oranmiyan gave conditions that he must be buried at Ife to symbolize his right to Ife leadership. Ooni the assistant to Oduduwa in the day-to-day ritual sacrifice exercise continued with Odua’s job while he continued with supervision from Oyo Ile. It was that condition Ooni the son of the foreign pregnant woman that was captured during Oro festival and dedicated to the gods who was assisting Oduduwa continued the work of Oduduwa at Ife. This is the reason why Alaafin of Oyo will never accept Ooni of Ife as a king or a superior in any Yoruba gathering of Obas. During the reign of Oduduwa, there was no proper and possibily political structure. That was what Ooni continued when Oranmiyan declined the call but Ooni status was raised by the britain just like Alake of Egba was raised.

If the son of Oranmiyan (Eweka) and his descendants according to history continue to respect tradition and be buried at Ife or received blessing before being crowned then we can conclude that Ife is superior to Benin.

From my points, Ife is what knot Yoruba and Edo (Igodomigodo as you call it) people together. But looking prior to the days of Oba in benin, there are Ogiso (meaning kings from the sky). From the history I heard, Oduduwa was the royal son of the last Ogiso which Yoruba people believe came from the sky (relative to the meaning of Ogiso). And also it is believe that Oduduwa was from the east....benin is the east of Ife.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by macof(m): 11:58pm On Nov 11, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Wow. This is classic bro. So you have this and kept it with you all this while? Adiye o kin je ifun ara won ke. Inu mi, inu e omo iya.

Really sorry about the mistake I made in my previous post. I wrote Orunmila instead of Oranmiyan.

From the history I had, Ooni is not a direct son or descendants of sixteen children of Oduduwa. And this has caused controversy between the Alaafin and Ooni over superiocity. From what I was told, after the death of Oduduwa his son, Oranmiyan was invited to take over the job of his father, which was primarily ritual, as well as leader of Ile Ife. Oranmiyan refused because he had succeeded in building an economically viable place at Oyo Ile with administratively sound method of government around the Oyomesi council in chief and it would be very degrading to leave and move to Ile Ife to be involved in ritual daily sacrifices exercises. In the light of that assumptions Oranmiyan gave conditions that he must be buried at Ife to symbolize his right to Ife leadership. Ooni the assistant to Oduduwa in the day-to-day ritual sacrifice exercise continued with Odua’s job while he continued with supervision from Oyo Ile. It was that condition Ooni the son of the foreign pregnant woman that was captured during Oro festival and dedicated to the gods who was assisting Oduduwa continued the work of Oduduwa at Ife. This is the reason why Alaafin of Oyo will never accept Ooni of Ife as a king or a superior in any Yoruba gathering of Obas. During the reign of Oduduwa, there was no proper and possibily political structure. That was what Ooni continued when Oranmiyan declined the call but Ooni status was raised by the britain just like Alake of Egba was raised.

If the son of Oranmiyan (Eweka) and his descendants according to history continue to respect tradition and be buried at Ife or received blessing before being crowned then we can conclude that Ife is superior to Benin.

From my points, Ife is what knot Yoruba and Edo (Igodomigodo as you call it) people together. But looking prior to the days of Oba in benin, there are Ogiso (meaning kings from the sky). From the history I heard, Oduduwa was the royal son of the last Ogiso which Yoruba people believe came from the sky (relative to the meaning of Ogiso). And also it is believe that Oduduwa was from the east....benin is the east of Ife.

Yes I know that most stories tell us that Ooni is not a descendant of Oduduwa but he claims he is and seems to have a comprehensive and logical story to his defense. And he claims superiority over other Obas

But Alaafin of Ido(my village) is my king whom I would always pledge to. I know no Ooni of Ife but I have high respect for his throne as That is the same throne of Oduduwa.

Come to think of it, Oranmiyan is the king of Ife,Benin and Oyo. He set Oyo as the military and political capital of yorubaland and it stood for over 500 years until the Ilorin crises which saw Ibadan become the new capital. So if we are to place a vote on Alaafin Oyo or Ooni Ife, I am sure Alaafin would be victorious because of wat he has achieved and also being Oranmiyan's own state

I think the British have destroyed a lot of our traditions, Imagine Alake placed above Olowu(A descendant of Oduduwa).
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:04am On Nov 12, 2013
macof:

Yes I know that most stories tell us that Ooni is not a descendant of Oduduwa but he claims he is and seems to have a comprehensive and logical story to his defense. And he claims superiority over other Obas

But Alaafin of Ido(my village) is my king whom I would always pledge to. I know no Ooni of Ife but I have high respect for his throne as That is the same throne of Oduduwa.

Come to think of it, Oranmiyan is the king of Ife,Benin and Oyo. He set Oyo as the military and political capital of yorubaland and it stood for over 500 years until the Ilorin crises which saw Ibadan become the new capital. So if we are to place a vote on Alaafin Oyo or Ooni Ife, I am sure Alaafin would be victorious because of wat he has achieved and also being Oranmiyan's own state

I think the British have destroyed a lot of our traditions, Imagine Alake placed above Olowu(A descendant of Oduduwa).

Wow you from Ido? You people with pounded yam in a leaf wont kill person. I enjoy spending two days in that place.

I dont know if to call Ooni an Oba because from the story I heard, Ife is the spiritual home of Yoruba people. This is the place Oduduwa do daily rituals for spiritual back up to economic, political, and social balance in physical realm of Yoruba land. So calling Ooni custodian or caretaker far make sense. But since he lead too and that equates to been called king, I dont have problem with that. Oranmiyan created Oyo empire as a political and military base of Yoruba land. It was Eweka that became the first Oba of bini while Oranmiyan rule Oyo empire. From what I heard, Oyo empire was the strongest empire in Africa and expanded to the west far to republic of benin but wondering why they couldn't go east far beyond benin. But from another story I heard, Onisha people were primarily from Yorubaland. The story is kinda complicated.

What do you think could be the kingship relationship between bini and Ife if there wasn't any connection between them? The story of Oduduwa coming from Igodomigodo have traceable link than lamurudu from mecca and the foolish one Mr president was saying.

I know the britain have done real damage to our history and identity. The worse is Oduduwa son selling his birthright and identity for money, fame and loyalty to oppression who claim Oduduwa and Yoruba people are from Israel.....middle east.
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by NativeBoy: 10:15am On Nov 12, 2013
macof:

Oodua people are an heritage a blessed people.

Who lost their place when they accepted the gods of another man over the gods of their ancestors

And the ones who refuse to repent shall face the wrath of the gods, because it is sin
To self inflict mental slavery,l
To insult ones ancestors
To be ungrateful
To be foolish

Olodumare shall ripe ur soul into different parts and send u to nourish disgusting planets for not gaining enlightenment and seeking truth

You are making a false assertion that the reason for Nigeria and Africa's plight is their forsaking of their gods. If it were so, those tribes that still cling to the traditional way should be far better off than the rest which is clearly not the case. The black man's plight is foremost caused by his lack of identity; he lacks the knowledge of who he is because he doesn't know where he came from. He doesn't know his history.

That being said, it should not be taken to imply that he must worship the gods of his ancestors if he is to reconnect with his heritage. If that were the case, we would all have to find the gods our respective tribes worship them. Even then, what will it do?

You have tried to argue that the Judeo-Christian God is not the God of all, but that argument cannot succeed. There is so much scripture speaking about the gospel going to the Gentiles and Africans have been a part of the early church since even before Christ died.

A couple of examples: The man who helped carry Jesus' cross was African. The eunuch that Philip the evangelist (sent by the Holy Spirit) witnessed to was African. Moses married a black woman. Joseph's wife and his children were most likely black. The Judeo-Christian God is the God of all.

Again, primarily in the Old Testament, he dealt solely with the children of Israel and during these times of ignorance, it was fine for everyone to pursue their own gods as it suited their understanding. But now that Christ has come, the light has come to the world. The one true God has been revealed to man.

I sincerely hope you will not try to contort these scriptures. They are clear as day.

Ultimately, it is not in accepting the Judeo-Christian God that Africa's problems will be solved. It will begin to be solved when we begin to use the talents God has given us.
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:03am On Nov 12, 2013
NativeBoy:

You are making a false assertion that the reason for Nigeria and Africa's plight is their forsaking of their gods. If it were so, those tribes that still cling to the traditional way should be far better off than the rest which is clearly not the case. The black man's plight is foremost caused by his lack of identity; he lacks the knowledge of who he is because he doesn't know where he came from. He doesn't know his history.

That being said, it should not be taken to imply that he must worship the gods of his ancestors if he is to reconnect with his heritage. If that were the case, we would all have to find the gods our respective tribes worship them. Even then, what will it do?

You have tried to argue that the Judeo-Christian God is not the God of all, but that argument cannot succeed. There is so much scripture speaking about the gospel going to the Gentiles and Africans have been a part of the early church since even before Christ died.

A couple of examples: The man who helped carry Jesus' cross was African. The eunuch that Philip the evangelist (sent by the Holy Spirit) witnessed to was African. Moses married a black woman. Joseph's wife and his children were most likely black. The Judeo-Christian God is the God of all.

Again, primarily in the Old Testament, he dealt solely with the children of Israel and during these times of ignorance, it was fine for everyone to pursue their own gods as it suited their understanding. But now that Christ has come, the light has come to the world. The one true God has been revealed to man.

I sincerely hope you will not try to contort these scriptures. They are clear as day.

Ultimately, it is not in accepting the Judeo-Christian God that Africa's problems will be solved. It will begin to be solved when we begin to use the talents God has given us.

So being black mean you African? Are there no black chinese? Smh
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by macof(m): 12:20pm On Nov 12, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Wow you from Ido? You people with pounded yam in a leaf wont kill person. I enjoy spending two days in that place.

I dont know if to call Ooni an Oba because from the story I heard, Ife is the spiritual home of Yoruba people. This is the place Oduduwa do daily rituals for spiritual back up to economic, political, and social balance in physical realm of Yoruba land. So calling Ooni custodian or caretaker far make sense. But since he lead too and that equates to been called king, I dont have problem with that. Oranmiyan created Oyo empire as a political and military base of Yoruba land. It was Eweka that became the first Oba of bini while Oranmiyan rule Oyo empire. From what I heard, Oyo empire was the strongest empire in Africa and expanded to the west far to republic of benin but wondering why they couldn't go east far beyond benin. But from another story I heard, Onisha people were primarily from Yorubaland. The story is kinda complicated.

What do you think could be the kingship relationship between bini and Ife if there wasn't any connection between them? The story of Oduduwa coming from Igodomigodo have traceable link than lamurudu from mecca and the foolish one Mr president was saying.

I know the britain have done real damage to our history and identity. The worse is Oduduwa son selling his birthright and identity for money, fame and loyalty to oppression who claim Oduduwa and Yoruba people are from Israel.....middle east.

grin grin Ekiti is the home of Iyan,

Do u think the Ooni is lying about his Oduduwa lineage?
I wouldnt want to call a King a lair

However Whether Ooni is a descendant or Not, he is not on the level of Alaafin

Bini And Ife have always had a good relationship and bini has high respect for Ife for The singular reason that Eweka's father(Oranmiyan) is from Ife.

Now with this claim of Oduduwa coming from Old Bini does make sense but I still have doubts. I always thought he came from somewhere around Idanre or Iwo.

foly I heard Olokun(the human) was the wife of Oduduwa when he came, do u know anything about this?
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by macof(m): 12:31pm On Nov 12, 2013
NativeBoy:

so if this is ur point, lemme not argue with u for NOW
just answer this:

if Israel forsakes the God of their ancestors- Yahweh, wat would become of them?
Severe times in the past Israel has served other foreign Gods......No No not even foreign Gods, Native Gods that their neighbours worshipped, yet they lived well until Yahweh dispatches some prophets to tell them of the wrongs of worshipping another God over the God of ur convenant? why did Israel still progress under these other Gods?
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by MrPresident1: 1:03pm On Nov 12, 2013
macof:

I have tried to show you the origin and religion of the Yoruba through the custodians of her history- the Ogboni. Why would the Ogboni specify non-idolatrous belief in God as their most fundamental prerequisite for acceptance and initiation if this was not the default belief of the Yoruba?

Why did Rev. Ogunbiyi, the founder of ROF not renounce christianity after he came into 'enlightenment'?

The origin of Oduduwa is no longer a mystery. Oduduwa was the leader of an idolatrous set of Israelites that were exiled by the most High God into the wilderness of Africa. When he got to Africa, he met Setilu (Agboniregun) who taught him Ifa and further cemented his idolatry and rebellion against The Most High God. Bear in mind, as I have earlier said, that Oduduwa may just be the code-name for a mass of people and not a singular individual. The Middle East is the cradle of humanity, it is where men spread to the world.

I have shown you that it is part of Biblical prophecy that the true Israel will lose their identity.
I also showed you that the people who call themselves Jews or Israelis today are impostors.

But you have remained adamant, belligerent, stiffnecked and reprobate. This is part of biblical prophecy too.
You have also been rude, uncouth, and foul-mouthed, against the very ethos of omoluabi.

The true seeker, the 'Olufokansin' will connect the dots.

Your unfounded hatred of Christians has blinded you to the truth. Take care to note that I have not called you into Christianity, I have simply shown you that you are the lost sheep of Israel to whom Yeshua was sent, to come and show the way back to the father.

I have preached the gospel to you but you have elected to continue in idolatry. I have shown you your divine royal heritage, but U have chosen to continue to be base.

Perhaps, you are not even Israel. Perhaps you are the incarnate of one of the conquered Africans Oduduwa met at Ile-ife...who knows, This may also explain your obstinacy.

Israel will be redeemed in judgement, in fire.

Isaiah 4:3-4
3 And it shall come to pass, that he that is left in Zion, and he that remaineth in Jerusalem, shall be called holy, even every one that is written among the living in Jerusalem:
4 When the Lord shall have washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and shall have purged the blood of Jerusalem from the midst thereof by the spirit of judgment, and by the spirit of burning.

You were warned. The gospel was preached to you.

FOLYKAZE:

As for you, folake the demonic, continue misquoting sacred Scripture, pretending to be intelligent.

Your recompense will come. It will not tarry. It was promised

You were warned.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by macof(m): 2:35pm On Nov 12, 2013
Mr President:

I have tried to show you the origin and religion of the Yoruba through the custodians of her history- the Ogboni. Why would the Ogboni specify non-idolatrous belief in God as their most fundamental prerequisite for acceptance and initiation if this was not the default belief of the Yoruba?

Why did Rev. Ogunbiyi, the founder of ROF not renounce christianity after he came into 'enlightenment'?

The origin of Oduduwa is no longer a mystery. Oduduwa was the leader of an idolatrous set of Israelites that were exiled by the most High God into the wilderness of Africa. When he got to Africa, he met Setilu (Agboniregun) who taught him Ifa and further cemented his idolatry and rebellion against The Most High God. Bear in mind, as I have earlier said, that Oduduwa may just be the code-name for a mass of people and not a singular individual. The Middle East is the cradle of humanity, it is where men spread to the world.

I have shown you that it is part of Biblical prophecy that the true Israel will lose their identity.
I also showed you that the people who call themselves Jews or Israelis today are impostors.

But you have remained adamant, belligerent, stiffnecked and reprobate. This is part of biblical prophecy too.
You have also been rude, uncouth, and foul-mouthed, against the very ethos of omoluabi.

The true seeker, the 'Olufokansin' will connect the dots.

Your unfounded hatred of Christians has blinded you to the truth. Take care to note that I have not called you into Christianity, I have simply shown you that you are the lost sheep of Israel to whom Yeshua was sent, to come and show the way back to the father.

I have preached the gospel to you but you have elected to continue in idolatry. I have shown you your divine royal heritage, but U have chosen to continue to be base.

Perhaps, you are not even Israel. Perhaps you are the incarnate of one of the conquered Africans Oduduwa met at Ile-ife...who knows, This may also explain your obstinacy.

Israel will be redeemed in judgement, in fire.

Isaiah 4:3-4
3 And it shall come to pass, that he that is left in Zion, and he that remaineth in Jerusalem, shall be called holy, even every one that is written among the living in Jerusalem:
4 When the Lord shall have washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and shall have purged the blood of Jerusalem from the midst thereof by the spirit of judgment, and by the spirit of burning.

You were warned. The gospel was preached to you.

As for you, folake the demonic, continue misquoting sacred Scripture, pretending to be intelligent.

You were warned.

Mr man, u are a complete Jewish slave, there's nothing in ur head, ur brain has been polluted immensely with brainwash and mental slavery. Only Esu can save u from ur problem

U say ogboni doesn't do idolatry-.wat is idolatry?
I'll u show that Ogboni does idolatry

Lol Anybody who can't see the fraud of christianity cannot leave christianity. His enlightenment was flawed

Oduduwa is not Aaron, the last idolatrous leader of Israel that I can remember is Aaron. Israelis are not into idols because Moses claimed Yahweh was against it. They instead used the mountains around their cities as idols.

No one can rebel against The most high God, And The most high god doesn't interfere with human lives, that's why he has children and messengers

Lol Oduduwa a code name for numerous migrates. So Numerous people were crowned 1st king(s) of Ile-Ife

Imagine u point to the land of ur masters as the cradle of humanity. I say Africa is the cradle of humanity.

In Africa were the first evolutionary process on Humans achieved.

Look at this hypocrite talking about true seeker, are u a true seeker? You dat has sold ur live to a foreigner for free

Lmao so yeshua didn't really come for the world, he came only for the lost sheep of Israel. you the first Christan to actually admit this on NL

One thing u should know is that Orunmila worshiper's don't need idols, Ifa represents everything about him and even more. Why keep an idol?
Personally I have never seen Any Orunmila Idol, Orunmila walks with all his devotees, Idols are unnecessary and I think not allowed(could be wrong sha)

Of course, Iam not Israel, I am Yoruba Ekiti.
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by NativeBoy: 4:23pm On Nov 12, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

So being black mean you African? Are there no black chinese? Smh

Where did black people come from? In fact, where does everyone come from? Is Africa not home to civilization?
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by NativeBoy: 4:46pm On Nov 12, 2013
macof:

so if this is ur point, lemme not argue with u for NOW
just answer this:

if Israel forsakes the God of their ancestors- Yahweh, wat would become of them?
Severe times in the past Israel has served other foreign Gods......No No not even foreign Gods, Native Gods that their neighbours worshipped, yet they lived well until Yahweh dispatches some prophets to tell them of the wrongs of worshipping another God over the God of ur convenant? why did Israel still progress under these other Gods?

Define progress. But let's say for the sake of argument that you are referring to affluence, wealth, technology, etc. Again, God has given man the gift of a mind therefore he can build a functioning society and can continue to advance it. God doesn't warn Israel concerning idolatry because it would halt progress, idolatry would lead first to spiritual poverty and then it would lead to societal collapse. God warns Israel about idolatry because the other gods were no gods at all. They are the creation of men. The work of men's hands.
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by macof(m): 5:12pm On Nov 12, 2013
NativeBoy:

Define progress. But let's say for the sake of argument that you are referring to affluence, wealth, technology, etc. Again, God has given man the gift of a mind therefore he can build a functioning society and can continue to advance it. God doesn't warn Israel concerning idolatry because it would halt progress, idolatry would lead first to spiritual poverty and then it would lead to societal collapse. .

Going by this we should dismiss this your previous post
NativeBoy:

NativeBoy:
God warns Israel about idolatry because the other gods were no gods at all. They are the creation of men. The work of men's hands.

I always laugh when Abrahamics like u think u know God, or Know anything about His firstborns

1. The God of Israel is Yahweh/El shaddai- God of Mountains
2. HE is not the Supreme God. he has a father "El Eyon" who is the Most High God of major Semitic-Cannaanite Spiritualities.
3. Other Gods are Siblings of Yahweh in Spritual cosmology and Universal Theology of The Canaanites
4. Idols are not Gods. Gods are not Idols
5. Men create Idols But The Most High Creates Gods

these points would probabl;y not make sense to u but its the absolute truth. It is left for u to believe or not

However Do not spread foolishness on this thread and NL at large
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by NativeBoy: 6:15pm On Nov 12, 2013
macof:

Going by this we should dismiss this your previous post

I always laugh when Abrahamics like u think u know God, or Know anything about His firstborns

1. The God of Israel is Yahweh/El shaddai- God of Mountains
2. HE is not the Supreme God. he has a father "El Eyon" who is the Most High God of major Semitic-Cannaanite Spiritualities.
3. Other Gods are Siblings of Yahweh in Spritual cosmology and Universal Theology of The Canaanites
4. Idols are not Gods. Gods are not Idols
5. Men create Idols But The Most High Creates Gods

these points would probabl;y not make sense to u but its the absolute truth. It is left for u to believe or not

However Do not spread foolishness on this thread and NL at large

Because you say something is the absolute truth doesn't make it so. You have made claims but have not substantiated them. You would have to reconcile the monotheism of Judaism with the polytheism of the Canaanite religions. You would have to reconcile the concept of the Judeo-Christian God with that of any other religious tradition actually.

You can't dismiss my previous post since I presented the argument from God's perspective. Now from the Israelites perspective, they might may have been fully convinced that everything was fine and that they were progressing, but that's not how God saw it. This is clearly not the case with Nigeria.
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by macof(m): 6:36pm On Nov 12, 2013
NativeBoy:

Because you say something is the absolute truth doesn't make it so. You have made claims but have not substantiated them. You would have to reconcile the monotheism of Judaism with the polytheism of the Canaanite religions. You would have to reconcile the concept of the Judeo-Christian God with that of any other religious tradition actually.

You can't dismiss my previous post since I presented the argument from God's perspective. Now from the Israelites perspective, they might may have been fully convinced that everything was fine and that they were progressing, but that's not how God saw it. This is clearly not the case with Nigeria.

I dont beg u to believe, I only Beg u to make ur own research. read about Semitism, canaanite religion and history of Judaism.

Judaism was crated by Moses for Israel to worship the god of their ancestors- El shaddai(god of mountains and frutfulness) There is a small thread on NL about this, but am sure u would discard it because u are yet to be enlightened.

U should know that Israel is Semitic and Abraham lived among cannanites there by recognizing their Gods, and El shaddai favored him. El shaddai became the God of Israel through Jacob.

Assyrians are Abrahams people, As they are also Arphaxadians and the religion of Assyria is so similar to Arabs, who are also descendants of Abraham.

Abraham worshipped Naana- A god in Assyrian spirituality. Naana is the equivalent of Allah in Arabian Spirituality(Before ISLAM)
when Abraham migrated to Cannaaland, He adopted Canaanite spirituality and his Patrone was El shaddai

many years later Moses creates a Religion were El shaddai, whom he called Yahweh is The Only God Of Israel and Their Lands(which they had conquered from the canaanites)

However Israel still recognized these other Gods and went back on their covenants a few times.

By the Time of the 2nd Temple after Israel's return from Babylon, The high priests had already forgotten all about their Spirituality and thought El shaddai was the only God of the universe
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by emotional(m): 7:03pm On Nov 12, 2013
macof:

Mr man, u are a complete Jewish slave, there's nothing in ur head, ur brain has been polluted immensely with brainwash and mental slavery. Only Esu can save u from ur problem

U say ogboni doesn't do idolatry-.wat is idolatry?
I'll u show that Ogboni does idolatry

Lol Anybody who can't see the fraud of christianity cannot leave christianity. His enlightenment was flawed

Oduduwa is not Aaron, the last idolatrous leader of Israel that I can remember is Aaron. Israelis are not into idols because Moses claimed Yahweh was against it. They instead used the mountains around their cities as idols.

No one can rebel against The most high God, And The most high god doesn't interfere with human lives, that's why he has children and messengers

Lol Oduduwa a code name for numerous migrates. So Numerous people were crowned 1st king(s) of Ile-Ife

Imagine u point to the land of ur masters as the cradle of humanity. I say Africa is the cradle of humanity.

In Africa were the first evolutionary process on Humans achieved.

Look at this hypocrite talking about true seeker, are u a true seeker? You dat has sold ur live to a foreigner for free

Lmao so yeshua didn't really come for the world, he came only for the lost sheep of Israel. you the first Christan to actually admit this on NL

One thing u should know is that Orunmila worshiper's don't need idols, Ifa represents everything about him and even more. Why keep an idol?
Personally I have never seen Any Orunmila Idol, Orunmila walks with all his devotees, Idols are unnecessary and I think not allowed(could be wrong sha
)

Of course, Iam not Israel, I am Yoruba Ekiti.

have been following and enjoying this thread,thanks to you all. pls FOLYKAZE / GHOSTOFSPARTA can you guys explain the bolded?
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:16pm On Nov 12, 2013
macof: grin grin Ekiti is the home of Iyan,

Do u think the Ooni is lying about his Oduduwa lineage?
I wouldnt want to call a King a lair

However Whether Ooni is a descendant or Not, he is not on the level of Alaafin

Bini And Ife have always had a good relationship and bini has high respect for Ife for The singular reason that Eweka's father(Oranmiyan) is from Ife.

Now with this claim of Oduduwa coming from Old Bini does make sense but I still have doubts. I always thought he came from somewhere around Idanre or Iwo.

foly I heard Olokun(the human) was the wife of Oduduwa when he came, do u know anything about this?

It good to doubt and be skeptical. Just keep researching bro.

Concerning the issue of Oduduwa marrying Olokun, I dont know much. The only thing I know is that Oduduwa the orisa is a woman and a wife to Obatala. They both had children namely yemoja and Aginju. But the human Oduduwa was a man....cant remember his wife name but will try to check it up for you.
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:21pm On Nov 12, 2013
emotional:

have been following and enjoying this thread,thanks to you all. pls FOLYKAZE / GHOSTOFSPARTA can you guys explain the bolded?

Read about Orunmila and Ifa here. https://www.nairaland.com/1486568/plain-concept-eledumare-orisas-reality#19131425 . You can ask any question either on this thread or on the said thread. Thanks bro
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:37pm On Nov 12, 2013
Mr President:

You were warned.

I have trashed your fallacy over and over. Deal with it and stop running around bush.

Here is it again :
FOLYKAZE:

You want to redefine what a question is? Chai.....I gave you the best upper cut. See butthurt lol.

I asked you simple question, I dont know why you running around the bush from it.

Lol. How is the burying of bini king's head in Ife turn to supremacy? Do you know Eko (lagos) belong to bini people? Pls show us the historical relationship between Israel and Yoruba. Chai...dishonesty and insincerity patched with ignorance is deadly virus.

Maybe we need to redefine supremacy because you just pick words and use it without knowing the meaning.

And what exactly do you burst? Where is your historical facts that back your points? I have giving you connection in history, topography, culture and politics.

Oduduwa was the son of last Ogiso (meaning kings from the sky) so the yoruba through this believe Oduduwa was from the sky.

Bini is to the east of Oyo.

Ooni (the title after the king of Ife) came after a foreign pregnant woman was captured during Oro festival. She was spared because she was pregnant and dedicated to the gods and also helping aging Oduduwa in his shrine. Ooni means this one is spared. The reason there was a king in Ife was installing of the priest in Ife by britains. Original there are no kings there. This is the reason why the Alaafin wont accept Ooni as king or superior in gathering.

The son of Oranmiyan (Eweka) was the first Oba of bini.

Bini was called then Edo until it was changed to Ile Ibinu (town of anger).

Bini today have Oba....they have yoruba names. Pls how is this supremacy? You can be so foolish.

Ignorance and stupidity display again.

If Odu mean supreme then Odu Ifa mean supreme Ifa. Smh. Also when yoruba priest ask what is the Odu that show in Ifa mean what is the supreme? Your failure is classical and epic. You might go to school but you worse than illiterates.

Odu mean Intelligence.

Orunmila is the spirit of Intelligence. Odu Ifa mean intelligent facet of Ifa corpus.

Your ignorance is alarming.

And you worship ruin of wall and Kabbalah. Mtchewwww have you been to Israel once? Abeg you cant know that.

You worship the god of hills, rocks and mountain. Here is the evidence https://www.nairaland.com/1508769/christians-god-idol-hills See pot calling kettle black. Stupidity of highest order. Lol

I killed you thrice and you resort to insulting me? If I draw Eshu to sow his plant in your life, you will whin like baby. Deal with whats before you bastard
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:39pm On Nov 12, 2013
NativeBoy:

Where did black people come from? In fact, where does everyone come from? Is Africa not home to civilization?

Black can be many peoples look at fijians and people from vanuatu, they are black and not from africa. Indians the asian kind (India) can be black as well and they aint African. Stop spreading lies as truth.

Even the so called Jew hate blacks than anything. Read about it here http://thebilzerianreport.com/why-do-so-many-jews-hate-black-people/. Your cheap lies cant grow here.
Re: Why Do You Embrace Abrahamic Faith Over African Spirituality? by NativeBoy: 8:18pm On Nov 12, 2013
macof:

I dont beg u to believe, I only Beg u to make ur own research. read about Semitism, canaanite religion and history of Judaism.

Judaism was crated by Moses for Israel to worship the god of their ancestors- El shaddai(god of mountains and frutfulness) There is a small thread on NL about this, but am sure u would discard it because u are yet to be enlightened.

U should know that Israel is Semitic and Abraham lived among cannanites there by recognizing their Gods, and El shaddai favored him. El shaddai became the God of Israel through Jacob.

Assyrians are Abrahams people, As they are also Arphaxadians and the religion of Assyria is so similar to Arabs, who are also descendants of Abraham.

Abraham worshipped Naana- A god in Assyrian spirituality. Naana is the equivalent of Allah in Arabian Spirituality(Before ISLAM)
when Abraham migrated to Cannaaland, He adopted Canaanite spirituality and his Patrone was El shaddai

many years later Moses creates a Religion were El shaddai, whom he called Yahweh is The Only God Of Israel and Their Lands(which they had conquered from the canaanites)

However Israel still recognized these other Gods and went back on their covenants a few times.

By the Time of the 2nd Temple after Israel's return from Babylon, The high priests had already forgotten all about their Spirituality and thought El shaddai was the only God of the universe

Again, you're free to say what you want but without scholarly evidence, you cannot hope to convince anyone.

Since I don't think you'll produce any such evidence to back up your claims, I'll go another route. Let's assume that as you have said we should return to our own gods and abandon the Judeo-Christian God, then I'd like to know, whose god is stronger?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Can God Create A Mountain That God Can't Move? / Is It True That The Man Christ Is Not God? / I Heard Rubbing Crude Oil Chases Away Evil Spirits.. Myth Or Fact?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 196
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.