Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People (45104 Views)

Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? / Christian Couple Spread The Word Via Wife Swapping / Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by tammie24: 11:19am On Nov 14, 2013
fckyourman: Why are some Mods Stu.pid, this topic has been on the Front Page ages ago,why keep recycling old news idi.ots.
it should be on Front page everyday! troll
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by delishpot: 11:22am On Nov 14, 2013
SU-37fighter.:
Nice and inspiring.
Unfortunately,this kind woman is very rare.
1 in a billion or something.
And how many men like him are we fortunate to have nowadays dear? You seem to not learn from this. The typical Naija mans mindset you have. Did you notice the man is also devoted and kept the relationship pure too. As usual naija men put all the work on the woman and think they dont have a role to play to keep the home happy, pure and fulfilled.
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 14, 2013
Wonderfully amazing story!smiley and I keep telling people that only God can uphold a marriage and purity, not by purity or moral discipline alone. Really inspiredsmiley

2 Likes

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by lola4jah(f): 12:05pm On Nov 14, 2013
Kennito90: So inspiring.
,yeap it z very inspiring,i am also aspiring 4 dat,i pray God gives me d grace 2 maintain my purity until d day i get married,i i pray God gives me a man,dat wil help actualise dis dream
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by Michyeddy(f): 12:17pm On Nov 14, 2013
I won't sit down and ask if men like this exist..all i have to do is to be the best i can for my husband and pray,God seeing my consistency will reward me with a wonderful husband.#veryyyinspiring

3 Likes

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by MistadeRegal(m): 12:58pm On Nov 14, 2013
I am Mistade Regal and I say this is really TOUCHING
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by Ezemmuo1: 1:45pm On Nov 14, 2013
nbright: They aren't rare.. They abound in their multitudes.. It's the brides type that is rare... Many Nigerian girls want a God fearing man but they aren't exactly God fearing...
there are truly more God fearing men in Nigeria willing to toe that path than there are supposedly God fearing women willing to follow.many Nigerian women claiming to be God fearing have no self control and would at times attempt to seduce the man or worst still cheat.however there still remains however few who would stay undefiled with the man till the wedding night.
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by nbright: 1:48pm On Nov 14, 2013
Ishilove:
I disagree. I put it to you that these men are VERY rare. I am yet to meet one like this.

In my experience, they start out acting all righteous, but once they get close to you, they don't see pre-marital sex as a big deal. If you want to be very 'churcheous' around them, they accuse you of "carrying church on your head". It is for these reasons that I don't date. It's just not worth it.
I also disagree with you too... Many men has no qualms about a girl going to church or being too churchy... It's when those girls starts to pressurise the man to attend church with them that's where the problem starts.. In Nigeria today who can blame some men when they refuse to believe when a lady says she's a virgin?... Cases abound where ladies have lied with their virginities only for the men to later found out that it was all a lie... Why won't a man be sceptical when those said girl has nothing else to offer apart from their body?... My sisiter woman, those virteous type of girls are very rare in Nigeria... I never said they aren't in Nigeria but they are rare... I congratulate you on your resolve to stop dating.. Welcome to the team..
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by Djtm(m): 1:55pm On Nov 14, 2013
Ezemmuo_1: there are truly more God fearing men in Nigeria willing to toe that path than there are supposedly God fearing women willing to follow.many Nigerian women claiming to be God fearing have no self control and would at times attempt to seduce the man or worst still cheat.however there still remains however few who would stay undefiled with the man till the wedding night.
You can't conclude just like that without a survey, research or something. There are ungodly men and women.
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by Nobleacct: 2:06pm On Nov 14, 2013
fckyourman: Why are some Mods Stu.pid, this topic has been on the Front Page ages ago,why keep recycling old news idi.ots.

Some people like myself are just reading this for the first time, and WE LOVE IT.
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by iamdsam: 2:44pm On Nov 14, 2013
So inspiring! God help me! I need your grace
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by iamdsam: 2:45pm On Nov 14, 2013
Nobleacct:

Some people like myself are just reading this for the first time, and WE LOVE IT.
Me too
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by henryadex(m): 2:49pm On Nov 14, 2013
LET NIGERIAN CHRISTIAN LEARN HOW TO PRAY FROM THE HEART TO THE LORD , I KNOW IF THEY'LL ARE NAIJAS THEY CALL EVERY THUNDER IN HEAVEN TO CONSUME ALL ENEMIES OF THE MARRIAGE
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by Ishilove: 6:40pm On Nov 14, 2013
nbright: I also disagree with you too... Many men has no qualms about a girl going to church or being too churchy... It's when those girls starts to pressurise the man to attend church with them that's where the problem starts.. In Nigeria today who can blame some men when they refuse to believe when a lady says she's a virgin?... Cases abound where ladies have lied with their virginities only for the men to later found out that it was all a lie... Why won't a man be sceptical when those said girl has nothing else to offer apart from their body?... My sisiter woman, those virteous type of girls are very rare in Nigeria... I never said they aren't in Nigeria but they are rare... I congratulate you on your resolve to stop dating.. Welcome to the team..
I agree with you on this one. Anyone that lies about their true nature before marriage is building that marriage on a bad foundation. They are sowing seeds of regret which they will reap bountifully in time to come. However, is there anything wrong in a woman asking her man to attend church with her?
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by nbright: 6:56pm On Nov 14, 2013
Ishilove:
I agree with you on this one. Anyone that lies about their true nature before marriage is building that marriage on a bad foundation. They are sowing seeds of regret which they will reap bountifully in time to come. However, is there anything wrong in a woman asking her man to attend church with her?
To me there is... I don't attend church every sunday... I've only been to church just twice this year (croos over nite and 1st sunday of 2013)... That does not make me a bad boy or an unbeliever... Many people going to church are doing worse things than I.. If a lady invites me to her church, I will attend but that doesn't mean it will be an everyday thing...
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by Ishilove: 7:09pm On Nov 14, 2013
nbright: To me there is... I don't attend church every sunday... I've only been to church just twice this year (croos over nite and 1st sunday of 2013)... That does not make me a bad boy or an unbeliever... Many people going to church are doing worse things than I.. If a lady invites me to her church, I will attend but that doesn't mean it will be an everyday thing...
And it is written that we should not neglect the congregation of the children of God. Personally, I feel any lady who invites her man to come to church actually has his best interest at heart. The issue here is not whether many people who go to church are closet demons, no. Every one shall be made accountable for their actions, individually. The issue here is the woman invites the man to church because she wants to feel that her man is comitted to the things of the Lord and he will be able to stand in gap for her and the family spiritually anytime she is weak.

1 Like

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by ufumes(m): 7:38pm On Nov 14, 2013
Why covering their faces when they have seen each other on countless occasions while they were dating?
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by Djtm(m): 8:40pm On Nov 14, 2013
ufumes: Why covering their faces when they have seen each other on countless occasions while they were dating?
It might be some sort of tradition or something
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by Chomzy19(f): 9:13pm On Nov 14, 2013
Djtm:
You see, all those qualities you mentioned up there are classified under Godly! Caring, humble etc. I guess our definition of 'Godly' is different. I kinda expected your kind of reply but I was too lazy to elaborate. I believe we have a different definition of 'Godly'. Godly in my own terms encompasses all the above plus the fruit of the spirit excluding none. I'm sorry if your definition of Godly doesn't mean caring, generous, humble etc. Maybe you just meant 'church-going'. As for the last part of your post, I didn't understand what you wrote there maybe you should take it easy on your abbreviations. Stay blessed smiley
And intelligence, witty n sense of humour are also included in "Godly"( abi u no also see dose ones cos of abbrev) and even if all d listed above is included in Godly, a tall, handsome, rich n Godly man is perfect?
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by nbright: 9:20pm On Nov 14, 2013
Ishilove:
And it is written that we should not neglect the congregation of the children of God. Personally, I feel any lady who invites her man to come to church actually has his best interest at heart. The issue here is not whether many people who go to church are closet demons, no. Every one shall be made accountable for their actions, individually. The issue here is the woman invites the man to church because she wants to feel that her man is comitted to the things of the Lord and he will be able to stand in gap for her and the family spiritually anytime she is weak.
I don't neglect the gathering of my brethren... I do join in morning devotions and I also pray before I sleep... I have seen men that attends church regularly yet they neglect their home fronts.. Going to church won't make me a good husband if/when I deciede to make my own family... I try my possible best to be good but I am not too religious. I don't kabash.
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by nikdam: 9:35pm On Nov 14, 2013
doopsy: Nice one,different strokes for different folks I'd say ..I know of a distant relation who got married as a virgin ,fours years into the marriage ,the so called hubby abadoned her wiv two boys and impregnated another lady...no cock and bull..so this virgin ish really freaks me out...some prostitutes get the bestmen ..God knows best. embarassed
irony of life
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by Ishilove: 9:39pm On Nov 14, 2013
nbright: I don't neglect the gathering of my brethren... I do join in morning devotions and I also pray before I sleep... I have seen men that attends church regularly yet they neglect their home fronts.. Going to church won't make me a good husband if/when I deciede to make my own family... I try my possible best to be good but I am not too religious. I don't kabash.
You're making excuses, nbright. Stop making reference to those men who are weak and neglect their family. Rather, look to the numerous godly men who go to church and are responsible with happy homes.
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by nikdam: 9:52pm On Nov 14, 2013
delishpot:
And how many men like him are we fortunate to have nowadays dear? You seem to not learn from this. The typical Naija mans mindset you have. Did you notice the man is also devoted and kept the relationship pure too. As usual naija men put all the work on the woman and think they dont have a role to play to keep the home happy, pure and fulfilled.
dont mind the hypocrites. It is always the lady's fault when it comes to keeping her virginity as if she pokes the hymen herself or sleeps with herself
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by Djtm(m): 10:04pm On Nov 14, 2013
Chomzy19: And intelligence, witty n sense of humour are also included in "Godly"( abi u no also see dose ones cos of abbrev) and even if all d listed above is included in Godly, a tall, handsome, rich n Godly man is perfect?
oh yeah they are included in my "Godly". God is intelligent, witty and has a sense of humour (Yes!! He does!).
If all those are not considered perfect, what else is perfect? I mean physically, spritually, financially, morally, if you posess the above you are perfect!
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by nikdam: 10:20pm On Nov 14, 2013
Ishilove:
You're making excuses, nbright. Stop making reference to those men who are weak and neglect their family. Rather, look to the numerous godly men who go to church and are responsible with happy homes.
Ishilove:

@nbright,i think ishilove is right. U know what, if one looks at man's standard to sweve God,u will just find out that u dislike worshiping God or anything that has to do with it because when u see what people do, most especially the so called women/men of God u will just be disappointed and think well even you that is not so Godly is better off. Bottom line is dont loook at anyone to serve your God cos you'll only be moving far away from your creator

1 Like

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by soulglo: 10:48pm On Nov 14, 2013
So beautiful
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by nbright: 10:51pm On Nov 14, 2013
Ishilove:
You also made excuses when you said a Nigerian man will want to sleep with a lady and will dump her when she starts being "churcheous"...
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by Ishilove: 10:55pm On Nov 14, 2013
nbright: You also made excuses when you said a Nigerian man will want to sleep with a lady and will dump her when she starts being "churcheous"...
Lol. Excuses for what? I was stating a fact and not generalising. Some men just can't cope with a 'churcheous' woman, especially when he isn't churcheous himself.
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by nbright: 10:56pm On Nov 14, 2013
nikdam:

@nbright,i think ishilove is right. U know what, if one looks at man's standard to sweve God,u will just find out that u dislike worshiping God or anything that has to do with it because when u see what people do, most especially the so called women/men of God u will just be disappointed and think well even you that is not so Godly is better off. Bottom line is dont loook at anyone to serve your God cos you'll only be moving far away from your creator
That's it... I am serving my God the way I know I will serve Him well... For now going to church regularly isn't one of them... Everything takes time.. Maybe one day I will become "born again" and laugh at my former life or I will die and face my creator... One thing I know is I try not to do what will displease God, but ...... I am only human
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by Ishilove: 10:57pm On Nov 14, 2013
nikdam:

God bless you. You hit the nail on the head.

1 Like

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by Ishilove: 10:59pm On Nov 14, 2013
nbright: That's it... I am serving my God the way I know I will serve Him well... For now going to church regularly isn't one of them... Everything takes time.. Maybe one day I will become "born again" and laugh at my former life or I will die and face my creator... One thing I know is I try not to do what will displease God, but ...... I am only human
And I pray God in His infinite mercy gives you the grace to serve Him with all your heart, soul and spirit smiley
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by nbright: 11:03pm On Nov 14, 2013
Ishilove:
Lol. Excuses for what? I was stating a fact and not generalising. Some men just can't cope with a 'churcheous' woman, especially when he isn't churcheous himself.
I can... I would rather be with a girl that attends all the weekly services than be with one that attends night clubs and parties... I just don't like to be bugged.. I hate it..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG To Limit Number Of Children Per Mother / Real Reasons Women Add Weight After Wedding / Georgia Woman Makes Her 5-Year-Old Daughter Pay Rent (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.