Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,984 members, 7,952,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:10 AM

A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People (45252 Views)

Is Pregnancy Before Wedding The Best Way To Avoid A Childless Marriage? / Christian Couple Spread The Word Via Wife Swapping / Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by RealAlfranco: 8:34am On Nov 14, 2013
anselm791: Is this a nice story? Yes! Am I inspired by it? Nah! I don't know why they had to wait till they're about to walk down the aisle before they remembered they've not prayed since morning. As for the virginity, I wonder how most of them girls who has lost it would feel now, but hey! The story is not supposed to inspire everyone right?
This is nasty mehn!!! Damn!!!
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by yetseyi(f): 8:38am On Nov 14, 2013
I am amazed d@ people are saying guys or ladies like this are scarce.
There are pple in relationships d@ are pure (in every sense of d word).
To these people pleasing God is the most important not their desires/passion.
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by princesa(f): 8:39am On Nov 14, 2013
anselm791:
Is this a nice story? Yes! Am I inspired by it? Nah! I don't know why they had to wait till they're about to walk down the aisle before they remembered they've not prayed since morning. As for the virginity, I wonder how most of them girls who has lost it would feel now, but hey! The story is not supposed to inspire everyone right?
Right dude. Am in on this one with you, me didn't get awed or inspired, sorry to say.

She was a virgin before she got married, so? Its not a new phenomenal

they prayed before the wedding proper. So? Who doesn't. undecided

Nice story but i wasn't inspired.
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by Godsnumber1(f): 8:46am On Nov 14, 2013
Nice one. I pray God will help my fiancee and I to keep ourselves nd end up like this.
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by Jonlafrika(m): 8:47am On Nov 14, 2013
fckyourman: Why are some Mods Stu.pid, this topic has been on the Front Page ages ago,why keep recycling old news idi.ots.

U dont need to be this much annoyed. Some of us are seeing it for the first time! Moreover, it is a sign of maturity to be happy at the good things in others even if yours is too late!
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by GSKing: 8:49am On Nov 14, 2013
why am I just seeing this now? would have loved to post my [size=40pt]MTCHEEEEWWW[/size] on the first pageundecided
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by GSKing: 8:51am On Nov 14, 2013
Jonlafrika:
U dont need to be this much annoyed. Some of us are seeing it for the first time! Moreover, it is a sign of maturity to be happy at the good things in others even if yours is too late!
and you had to insult him in you last line ehn? Mr matured man!
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by Shokoloko(f): 8:58am On Nov 14, 2013
victorazy:

Is for you to help ursef not God helping you. Our women nowadays preferred moni dan prayer first.

God will give you grace first before you can help yourself. by strength shall no man prevail
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by dude99(m): 8:58am On Nov 14, 2013
Djtm: This story is so beautiful and inspiring. Why in God's name are these kind of women SO RARE? Why?!?? cry angry. The kind of women we have are the types that want to know if their fiance is not impotent and "without sinning"
Am specifically going to comment on the "impotent" part.Am a guy that has been told by many other ladies as impotent because even when most of them sleep in my room,i won't have any sexual actions or talks with them,to escape or defeat temptations is not by one's doing but by God's help and one's self-discipline."Pre-marital sex has become so moral because many people engage in it"
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by justplainpaul(m): 8:58am On Nov 14, 2013
If you dey wait for virgin for naija, you go be bachelor till you die.
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by SU37fighter: 9:03am On Nov 14, 2013
princesa:
Right dude. Am in on this one with you, me didn't get awed or inspired, sorry to say.

She was a virgin before she got married, so? Its not a new phenomenal

they prayed before the wedding proper. So? Who doesn't. undecided

Nice story but i wasn't inspired.
How many couples have the guts to pray on their wedding day,when they've already defiled themselves repeatedly in the sight of God long before they even got married.
Which God do they even want to pray to?
I hope it's not the same God that hates fornication with perfect hatred.

1 Like

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by nikdam: 9:03am On Nov 14, 2013
SU-37fighter.:
Nice and inspiring.
Unfortunately,this kind woman is very rare.
1 in a billion or something.
And unfortunately, this kind of man is very rare. He is one in a zillion

2 Likes

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by Ishilove: 9:04am On Nov 14, 2013
hotwax:

Because if they come your way, you will call them mumu.
Ladies dont like them.
Stop generalising
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by Valdodo: 9:04am On Nov 14, 2013
soo inspiring
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by doopsy(f): 9:04am On Nov 14, 2013
Nice one,different strokes for different folks I'd say ..I know of a distant relation who got married as a virgin ,fours years into the marriage ,the so called hubby abadoned her wiv two boys and impregnated another lady...no cock and bull..so this virgin ish really freaks me out...some prostitutes get the bestmen ..God knows best. embarassed
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by anselm791(m): 9:05am On Nov 14, 2013
pweetiedee: most of the girsl? Watabout the guys? Are you a virgin?

I know that sulks right? No one said anything about guys, that's because there's no way medically to tell if a man is a vrigin, as to your question, I'm not a virgin, but I'm sure as hell going to marry one, yeah that's life, it is what it is.
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by anselm791(m): 9:10am On Nov 14, 2013
SU-37fighter.:
How many couples have the guts to pray on their wedding day,when they've already defiled themselves repeatedly in the sight of God long before they even got married.
Which God do they even want to pray to?
I hope it's not the same God that hates fornication with perfect hatred.

I'm pretty sure its the God that forgives our sins when we repent and loves us regardless of our past. I mean that's the God I'd pray to.
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by SU37fighter: 9:11am On Nov 14, 2013
nikdam: And unfortunately, this kind of man is very rare. He is one in a zillion
I agree.
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by Djtm(m): 9:22am On Nov 14, 2013
Chomzy19: SO this things to u define perfect? D groom is tall handsome, rich n Godly, dt doesn't mean he is perfect, Gawd a lot of Nigerian men are tall,handsome, Rich n Godly... I didn't reply u wit ur jesus is coming soon silly jibe because I pity u if u blive dt for dis 4 very xteristics a Woman is waiting for jesus... I hvnt even begin to mention other qualities lyk sense of humour, witty, Intelligent, Understanding, Humble, generous, caring n u re talking of perfect... I understand if u don't hv a lot of Good qualities buh please do not assume dt dis aimple 4 qualities(God fearing, tall, Rich n handsome) equates perfect, No one is perfect n as for jesus coming soon, He is N I n my MAN (who is far frm perfect buh hv everything I want/need frm a Man) wld be ready to receive him wen he comes
You see, all those qualities you mentioned up there are classified under Godly! Caring, humble etc. I guess our definition of 'Godly' is different. I kinda expected your kind of reply but I was too lazy to elaborate. I believe we have a different definition of 'Godly'. Godly in my own terms encompasses all the above plus the fruit of the spirit excluding none. I'm sorry if your definition of Godly doesn't mean caring, generous, humble etc. Maybe you just meant 'church-going'. As for the last part of your post, I didn't understand what you wrote there maybe you should take it easy on your abbreviations. Stay blessed smiley
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by armadeo(m): 9:27am On Nov 14, 2013
SU-37fighter.:
Nice and inspiring.
Unfortunately,this kind woman is very rare.
1 in a billion or something.

That means that there are only 7 of them @ most 10. - thid one between 6 and 9. Na wa oh.
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by eyezik3(m): 9:28am On Nov 14, 2013
Hmm..God we surely be with that family because the bible say be ye holy as your father in heaven is holy and god said he will never forsake his own people, so when the family come across challenges the Almighty God we take over.
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by Djtm(m): 9:29am On Nov 14, 2013
But why are people saying men and women like these are rare? Men and women who would gladly wait till their wedding day? You people have been looking in the wrong places. They may not be handsome/beautiful/rich, but we have them in abundance.
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by eliz1: 9:33am On Nov 14, 2013
fckyourman: Why are some Mods Stu.pid, this topic has been on the Front Page ages ago,why keep recycling old news idi.ots.

because it is the gospel and each time is new, the devil and his angels dislike it wow to u

1 Like

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by BrightCar: 10:02am On Nov 14, 2013
THIS IS GREAT! PLEASE GOD, HELP OUR MARRIAGES TO SUCCEED AS WELL. THANK U GOOD GOD, FOR I PRAY IN JESUS NAME. AMEN.
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by dasparrow: 10:05am On Nov 14, 2013
NO LONG TIN: So touching, this story made me soft (almost to the point of tears).

I envy the guy, it's not easy to date a girl without having sex, fighting those strong emotions needs prayers and strength.

Some girls(I've met some) would want to keep themselves for marriage but we(guys) pressure, coerce and convince them that it's normal and needed in a relationship.

I hope to one day, sooner rather than later have the strength like that guy.

@Bolded

I am glad that you are being honest. The truth is that sex is not that important for the average female. They can do without it during the courtship but it is the men with their high testosterone that pressure and coerce the women into having sex with them. There is a saying that men give love to get sex and women give sex to get love. There are very few Nigerian-bred men that will be willing to date a woman without wanting to defile her body. That is the gospel truth. I know quite a few ladies who are still single because they refused to compromise their integrity and allow male fornicators to defile them whilst they were dating. So, people should fear God and keep themselves pure for marriage. I see Nigerian brides on their wedding day with their protruding stomachs due to pregnancy still wearing white wedding gowns and I just shake my head.

@Post

Nigerians, this is how a wedding should be. The bride in this article deserves wearing the white dress because she was a virgin before her wedding. Her husband is not like your typical Nigerian-bred man who will tell his fiancee that she has to be pregnant with child before he will officially marry her and some silly Nigerian women will agree to the mandate walking down the aisle with fat stomachs that have a fetus already growing in it. When Sunday comes, Nigerians will go to church and claim to worship God while they fornicate Monday through Saturday. God is watching and cannot be mocked.

2 Likes

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by Djtm(m): 10:22am On Nov 14, 2013
^ Nice post you got there. The funny thing is that these people will bodly write "HOLY MATRIMONY" on their cars.
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by fidatt(f): 10:31am On Nov 14, 2013
Prayer works
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by edujandon(m): 10:49am On Nov 14, 2013
why Nigerian girls will be the one asking for it just to please u......and then u please them back with ur money
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by Johnjack: 10:50am On Nov 14, 2013
This is very inspiring to the serious singles out there. The problem in our society is not the men but the women. I can remember
when i proposed to my ex-girl friend for marriage and she accepted and the next thing she told me not to rush her,sha. She asserted that everything under her skirt now belongs to me and that I shouldn't rush her,sha.

So I held that for her and never rushed her since i live outside the country. As we progressed,during one of my visits to 9ja,she asked me if I wouldn't like to taste the thing i am going to buy.whether is still good or rotten .Lol!! and I reminded her about her words and that i am respecting that, not to rushing her. One day she said she would want to know if i can perform,sha..ha ha ha,i am borrowing her language now and because we have proved to my siblings that we can stay without tasting it until we tied the knot,she suggested i go back to the hotel where I used to stay immediately i land the country before heading home,so that we could have the tastings in the hotel and that pissed me off and our relationship cracked and consequently broke down and we parted. Same happened to my immediate junior brother who is a faithful pastor. For some years now he has been looking for a genuine christian girl.. Guess what!!! all the girls he met during the time of searching all agreed and all wanted they
taste it before marriage and that alone caused their parting. At a point we were at the point of telling him to taste them if that is all they wanted to say yes and he rebuffed us all.. Luckily for him he found a serious christian girl too and they are wedding this Christmas. So it is not about men but the women..

1 Like

Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by lastmessenger: 11:02am On Nov 14, 2013
Stop cursing bro.i have not red nor heard the story and sincerely the story is inspiring to me.GOD HELP ME AND OTHERS
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by fleps(m): 11:12am On Nov 14, 2013
dasparrow:

@Bolded

I am glad that you are being honest. The truth is that sex is not that important for the average female. They can do without it during the courtship but it is the men with their high testosterone that pressure and coerce the women into having sex with them. There is a saying that men give love to get sex and women give sex to get love. There are very few Nigerian-bred men that will be willing to date a woman without wanting to defile her body. That is the gospel truth. I know quite a few ladies who are still single because they refused to compromise their integrity and allow male fornicators to defile them whilst they were dating. So, people should fear God and keep themselves pure for marriage. I see Nigerian brides on their wedding day with their protruding stomachs due to pregnancy still wearing white wedding gowns and I just shake my head.

@Post

Nigerians, this is how a wedding should be. The bride in this article deserves wearing the white dress because she was a virgin before her wedding. Her husband is not like your typical Nigerian-bred man who will tell his fiancee that she has to be pregnant with child before he will officially marry her and some silly Nigerian women will agree to the mandate walking down the aisle with fat stomachs that have a fetus already growing in it. When Sunday comes, Nigerians will go to church and claim to worship God while they fornicate Monday through Saturday. God is watching and cannot be mocked.

@ 1ST BOLDED: My brother you are right there. I even know of a case between two young youths. They got engaged (Not officially though) but the wedding preparations and/or official introduction is to commence in 1 year six months time or two years time at most. They are Christians, born again and filled with the spirit. At one time the sister visited the brother and his family and stayed with them for some time. That's when the brother discovered that he could not fully control himself being alone with the lady. The guy was always the problem. he would fight with the scriptures and prayers but still find himself weak in the sister's presence (THEY DID NOT HAVE SEX. According to him, he romanced and cuddled her). He confessed to his fiancee how weak he finds himself in her presence. Now I came to understand that your bolded statement is true of the brothers (But not all sha) and could cause a problem between two dating Christians who truly love each other. Well, today, they are not together. The lady decided to stay apart from the said brother (Possibly foreseeing something) for some time. She decided to be friends with him for the now.

@ SECOND BOLDED: Yes! She deserves to wear the white dress. But that does not mean ladies WHO ARE NOT VIRGINS do not deserve to wear the white dress. In my opinion, ladies who have not defiled and did not defile themselves with their to-be husbands or any other man during courtship or dating, deserves to wear the white dress. This is because some may have met Christ after they defiled themselves (Which means they are no virgins but now made pure) while some may have been raped!

TITUS 1:15 Unto the pure, all things are pure; but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is NOTHING pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

Now to the romance and cuddling and kissing part. Most times, Christian couples to be engaged in this but do not have sex. Can these be considered be pure and eligible to guiltlessly wear the white gown? I was in a conference at Nassarawa during the NCCF national confab in 2012 and the lady speaking on the Christian dating and finding a life partner was asked whether kissing during courtship is a sin and she said 'NO' if one can control himself/herself not to lead to sex. She received a "booooooooo" from the crowd who were apparently not satisfied with the answer. That could only show that she engaged in such during her time (She's married). So as Christians, where do we actually draw a line when it comes to these things EXCEPT having sex: Can this praised couple as pictured above confidently say they did not kiss or romance or sexually cuddle(BUT DID NOT HAVE SEX) before this wedding day?
Re: A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People by lastmessenger: 11:12am On Nov 14, 2013
doopsy: Nice one,different strokes for different folks I'd say ..I know of a distant relation who got married as a virgin ,fours years into the marriage ,the so called hubby abadoned her wiv two boys and impregnated another lady...no cock and bull..so this virgin ish really freaks me out...some prostitutes get the bestmen ..God knows best. embarassed
clap for yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Takes His Grandmother Out For A Christmas Date - Pictures / MY Wife Left Me For Her Politician Exboyfried. / Georgia Woman Makes Her 5-Year-Old Daughter Pay Rent (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.