Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,329 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

Whats Your Idea Of Love??? How Real Is It To You - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Whats Your Idea Of Love??? How Real Is It To You (19126 Views)

Bleeping A Girl I Don't Love,how Do I Break Up With Her? / What Is Your Idea Of A Romantic Date? / Should You Always Tell Someone You Love How You Feel About Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whats Your Idea Of Love??? How Real Is It To You by alons: 6:51pm On Nov 14, 2013
What is lov?luv is a sensetion caused by a temptation 2 feel penetration a guy stick his location in 2 a girl destination..2 increase the nxt generation.hahahaha
Re: Whats Your Idea Of Love??? How Real Is It To You by freeradical(m): 7:00pm On Nov 14, 2013
donroxy: Sister, Love between Mama and Pikin self don dey fu.c.k-up dis days abi no be dis Naija mama go born pikin finish,look am for eyes and dump am for inside toilet and waka pass !!

Some mama even dey sell their pikin immediately after birth while some papa go just carry dem pikin use am do ATM Machine for bedroom ..........grin

Talkless of person wey no sabi ya papa and mama una just jam for road have some feelings for eachother and Kick Relationship, hmm hmmm, If I sleep, na to Open one eyes dey look am .......if ihm tell me ''I love you'' I go reply ''I don hear, I love U too'' .....

I sha no say, love no fit carry ma brain away .......wey she go come dump me, I go come scatter for ground !!!

Soldier go soldier come, Barrack no go move one Inch grin .... Untop wetin !!!
Guy the way wey u dey talk e be like say na fear of heratbreak dey worry you. You can not completely write off the fact that human beings can still love perfectly and be loved. Take a look at your parents and ask ursef wat it was that made them live togeda all this years and cud still stand each other.
Re: Whats Your Idea Of Love??? How Real Is It To You by MANOSUB(m): 7:08pm On Nov 14, 2013
Love is the will to correct and be correct. Love is not blind, if it is blind, then there is no need to stand corrected. The result of that is anarchy
Re: Whats Your Idea Of Love??? How Real Is It To You by AdeniyiA(m): 7:12pm On Nov 14, 2013
Three men took their wives to d hospital for delivery, shortly the Nurse came out and asked, who is JOSEPH that works with three crown milk, the man stood up, congratulations your wife has delivered three bouncing babies. Shortly, d Nurse came out again and asked, who is JOHN that works with 7up, the man stood up, congrats your wife has delivered 7 bouncing babies. Immediately,the third man took off and ran away because he works at 33 larger beer..
WETIN DEY PURSUE AM? na love?

1 Like

Re: Whats Your Idea Of Love??? How Real Is It To You by osasdiddy: 7:12pm On Nov 14, 2013
Believe it or not. Love does exist. No mutual love is perfect except Gods love towards mankind which is Agape. Love is like a coin that has two sides. It has it's shortcomings and pleasure filled with joy. So it may suffice when people deny its existence because they have always experienced the bitter side of love or probably found themselves with the wrong person. I use to share the same philosophy from that school of thought till I encounter true love. It teaches you how to tolerate, share, save, plan, care and be cared for, etc. Frankly, pray you experience it at least in a lifetime, then you can only wish you fell into it earlier.

1 Like

Re: Whats Your Idea Of Love??? How Real Is It To You by Csami(m): 7:13pm On Nov 14, 2013
Me, i see love as nothing but a way of bringing more people into this world. No sane person will fall in love. (abeg make person no quote me cos i give ma opinion)
Re: Whats Your Idea Of Love??? How Real Is It To You by biggysmalls: 7:16pm On Nov 14, 2013
Love is intrest and intrest is love.
Re: Whats Your Idea Of Love??? How Real Is It To You by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 14, 2013
free radical: Guy the way wey u dey talk e be like say na fear of heratbreak dey worry you. You can not completely write off the fact that human beings can still love perfectly and be loved. Take a look at your parents and ask ursef wat it was that made them live togeda all this years and cud still stand each other.
I have never suffered a HeartBreak in my Life , Why U go break my heart when I already know No human is Perfect !!!

I already expect any human to f.uc.k me Up, so when U do, it feels like nothing !!!

Na person wey no wise na ihm fast dey shake na ........ Why Should I carry a Human over my Head as if Tomorrow no go come ?

NoBody is asking U not to Love but don't lose your senses in the process, My own Love is not blind, I dey open my two eyes while forming love things !!!

Dude, leave matter for Mathias abeg !!!

1 Like

Re: Whats Your Idea Of Love??? How Real Is It To You by freeradical(m): 7:18pm On Nov 14, 2013
That you have had ur heart crushed by sumone you love doesn't mean us shud stop believing in love. You shud even thank God it happened because he has prevented you from going in too deep with the wrong person. Though we are not perfect but still pple can still love truly. Let us put aside this evil mindset that love doesnt exist. because if there is no love then there is no GOD. I dnt wanna imagine the latter hence id always believe in love even if my hrt is broken by the 1001th person I will still believe.....#team l.o.v.e

2 Likes

Re: Whats Your Idea Of Love??? How Real Is It To You by freeradical(m): 7:23pm On Nov 14, 2013
donroxy: I have never suffered a HeartBreak in my Life , Why U go break my heart when I already know No human is Perfect !!!

I already expect any human to f.uc.k me Up, so when U do, it feels like nothing !!!

Na person wey no wise na ihm fast dey shake na ........ Why Should I carry a Human over my Head as if Tomorrow no go come ?

NoBody is asking U not to Love but don't lose your senses in the process, My own Love is not blind, I dey open my two eyes while forming love things !!!

Dude, leave matter for Mathias abeg !!!
grin grin grin grin grin...no wahala sha you just said it all....true love is not supposed to be blind. That's just stupidity and no one is an advocate of that. If sumone tells you to go jump in front of a moving train or empty out ur bank acct to procve you love them then that person is only showing that he/she doesnt love you but is only interested in your downfall....pls then u shud run faster than hussain bolt from such an individual. What true love requires is sacrifice.....if you can sacrifice sumtin for sumone then u love that person.
Re: Whats Your Idea Of Love??? How Real Is It To You by jayAjoku(m): 7:28pm On Nov 14, 2013
great1: Love means different things to different people. But what we all agree on is that, we've experienced it one way or the other. Whats your idea of love?? how would you share it??
in my own words i will say love is God and that is the only true love... B4 i used to hate love cuz it was carnal all love in the ''world'' leads down to sex and all that . I've bin a player before so i knw
Re: Whats Your Idea Of Love??? How Real Is It To You by clemriches(m): 7:31pm On Nov 14, 2013
obayaya: Love is the appreciation of the imperfect perfectly
Guy u get sense! You are good...
Re: Whats Your Idea Of Love??? How Real Is It To You by ademega(m): 7:36pm On Nov 14, 2013
Maybe like ds

Re: Whats Your Idea Of Love??? How Real Is It To You by Solankelekzy(m): 7:38pm On Nov 14, 2013
many have dis broken version of love because we search for it in people first before we even find it in ourselves. IF you know fit love yourself ow anoda person love fit reach you! Love God, love yourself nd people."LOVE GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR AS YOURSELF"
Re: Whats Your Idea Of Love??? How Real Is It To You by AdeniyiA(m): 7:39pm On Nov 14, 2013
As I walked home one freezing day, I stumbled on a wallet someone had lost in the street. I picked it up and looked inside to find some identification so
I could call the owner. But the wallet contained only three dollars and a
crumpled letter that looked as if it had been in there for years.

The envelope was worn and the only thing that was legible on it was the
return address. I started to open the letter, hoping to find some clue. Then
I saw the dateline–1924. The letter had been written almost sixty years ago.

It was written in a beautiful feminine handwriting on powder blue
stationery with a little flower in the left-hand corner. It was a “Dear John”
letter that told the recipient, whose name appeared to be Michael, that the
writer could not see him any more because her mother forbade it. Even so, she
wrote that she would always love him.

It was signed, Hannah.

It was a beautiful letter, but there was no way except for the name
Michael, that the owner could be identified. Maybe if I called information,the operator could find a phone listing for the address on the envelope.

“Operator,” I began, “this is an unusual request. I’m trying to find the owner of a wallet that I found. Is there anyway you can tell me if there is a phone number for an address that was on an envelope in the wallet?”

She suggested I speak with her supervisor, who hesitated for a moment then said, “Well, there is a phone listing at that address, but I can’t give you the number.” She said, as a courtesy, she would call that number, explain my story and would ask them if they wanted her to connect me. I waited a few minutes and then she was back on the line. “I have a party who will speak with you.”

I asked the woman on the other end of the line if she knew anyone by the
name of Hannah. She gasped, “Oh! We bought this house from a family who had a daughter named Hannah. But that was 30 years ago!”

“Would you know where that family could be located now?” I asked.

“I remember that Hannah had to place her mother in a nursing home some
years ago,” the woman said. “Maybe if you got in touch with them they might be able to track down the daughter.”

She gave me the name of the nursing home and I called the number. They told me the old lady had passed away some years ago but they did have a phone number for where they thought the daughter might be living.

I thanked them and phoned. The woman who answered explained that Hannah herself was now living in a nursing home.

This whole thing was stupid, I thought to myself. Why was I making such a
big deal over finding the owner of a wallet that had only three dollars and a letter that was almost 60 years old?

Nevertheless, I called the nursing home in which Hannah was supposed to be living and the man who answered the phone told me, “Yes, Hannah is staying with us. ”

Even though it was already 10 p.m., I asked if I could come by to see her.
“Well,” he said hesitatingly, “if you want to take a chance, she might be in
the day room watching television.”

I thanked him and drove over to the nursing home. The night nurse and a
guard greeted me at the door. We went up to the third floor of the large
building. In the day room, the nurse introduced me to Hannah.

She was a sweet, silver-haired old timer with a warm smile and a twinkle in her eye.

I told her about finding the wallet and showed her the letter. The secondshe saw the powder blue envelope with that little flower on the left, she tooka deep breath and said, “Young man, this letter was the last contact I ever
had with Michael.”

She looked away for a moment deep in thought and then said Softly, “I loved him very much. But I was only 16 at the time and my mother felt I was too young. Oh, he was so handsome. He looked like Sean Connery, the actor.”

“Yes,” she continued. “Michael Goldstein was a wonderful person. If youshould find him, tell him I think of him often. And,” she hesitated for amoment, almost biting her lip, “tell him I still love him. You know,” she said smiling as tears began to well up in her eyes, “I never did marry. I guess no one ever matched up to Michael…”

I thanked Hannah and said goodbye. I took the elevator to the first floor and as I stood by the door, the guard there asked, “Was the old lady able to help you?”

I told him she had given me a lead. “At least I have a last name. But I think I’ll let it go for a while. I spent almost the whole day trying to find the owner of this wallet.”

I had taken out the wallet, which was a simple brown leather case with red lacing on the side. When the guard saw it, he said, “Hey, wait a minute! That’s Mr. Goldstein’s wallet. I’d know it anywhere with that bright red lacing. He’s always losing that wallet. I must have found it in the halls at least three times.”

“Who’s Mr. Goldstein?” I asked as my hand began to shake.

“He’s one of the old timers on the 8th floor. That’s Mike Goldstein’s
wallet for sure. He must have lost it on one of his walks.”

I thanked the guard and quickly ran back to the nurse’s office. I told her what the guard had said. We went back to the elevator and got on. I prayed that Mr. Goldstein would be up.

On the eighth floor, the floor nurse said, “I think he’s still in the day
room. He likes to read at night. He’s a darling old man.”

We went to the only room that had any lights on and there was a man reading a book. The nurse went over to him and asked if he had lost his wallet. Mr. Goldstein looked up with surprise, put his hand in his back pocket and said, “Oh, it is missing!”

“This kind gentleman found a wallet and we wondered if it could be yours?”

I handed Mr. Goldstein the wallet and the second he saw it, he smiled with
relief and said, “Yes, that’s it! It must have dropped out of my pocket this
afternoon. I want to give you a reward.”

“No, thank you,” I said. “But I have to tell you something. I read the
letter in the hope of finding out who owned the wallet.”

The smile on his face suddenly disappeared. “You read that letter?”

“Not only did I read it, I think I know where Hannah is.”

He suddenly grew pale. “Hannah? You know where she is? How is she? Is she still as pretty as she was? Please, please tell me,” he begged.

“She’s fine…just as pretty as when you knew her.” I said softly.

The old man smiled with anticipation and asked, “Could you tell me where she is? I want to call her tomorrow.” He grabbed my hand and said, “You know something, mister, I was so in love with that girl that when that letter came, my life literally ended. I never married. I guess I’ve always loved her. ”

“Mr. Goldstein,” I said, “Come with me.”

We took the elevator down to the third floor. The hallways were darkened and only one or two little night-lights lit our way to the day room where Hannah was sitting alone watching the television. The nurse walked over to her.

“Hannah,” she said softly, pointing to Michael, who was waiting with me in the doorway. “Do you know this man?”

She adjusted her glasses, looked for a moment, but didn’t say a word.
Michael said softly, almost in a whisper, “Hannah, it’s Michael. Do you remember me?”

She gasped, “Michael! I don’t believe it! Michael! It’s you! My Michael!”
He walked slowly towards her and they embraced. The nurse and I left with
tears streaming down our faces.

“See,” I said. “See how the Good Lord works! If it’s meant to be, it will be.”

About three weeks later I got a call at my office from the nursing home.
“Can you break away on Sunday to attend a wedding? Michael and Hannah are going to tie the knot!”

It was a beautiful wedding with all the people at the nursing home dressed up to join in the celebration. Hannah wore a light beige dress and looked beautiful. Michael wore a dark blue suit and stood tall. They made me their best man.

The hospital gave them their own room and if you ever wanted to see a 76-year-old bride and a 79-year-old groom acting like two teenagers, you had
to see this couple.

A perfect ending for a love affair that had lasted nearly 60 years.

TRUE LOVE NEVER DIES. nowadays what we have is joystick and 'joyhole' kind of love. most die after fulfilling their lustful desires

8 Likes

Re: Whats Your Idea Of Love??? How Real Is It To You by chikeorji123(m): 7:41pm On Nov 14, 2013
Love is real once u have a right partner.
Re: Whats Your Idea Of Love??? How Real Is It To You by Rejoice5000(f): 7:50pm On Nov 14, 2013
GENIUE LOVE DOES NOT COUNT ONES PAST MISTAKES.I BELIEVE IN LOVE BUT IN A PRACTICAL WAYS NOT BY TALKING.
Re: Whats Your Idea Of Love??? How Real Is It To You by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 14, 2013
felzylix: Cn som1 here teach me how to luv? b4 i start xplaining wot it feels lyk...

First u have to learn how to dougie..cheesy
Re: Whats Your Idea Of Love??? How Real Is It To You by Franknigga(m): 8:02pm On Nov 14, 2013
great1: Love means different things to different people. But what we all agree on is that, we've experienced it one way or the other. Whats your idea of love?? how would you share it??
i need alemo bitter to commet .
Re: Whats Your Idea Of Love??? How Real Is It To You by lirusehn(m): 8:03pm On Nov 14, 2013
Adeniyi A.:
d lovey dovey Papa and Mama....
bros i really do love ur story, for a minute i felt loved but i must tell u dis *F¿ck love*. Great story tho
Re: Whats Your Idea Of Love??? How Real Is It To You by Orikinla(m): 8:17pm On Nov 14, 2013
Love is as real as the air I breathe.
Life without love is like an egg without yolk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBKnpyoFEBo
Re: Whats Your Idea Of Love??? How Real Is It To You by DonaldGenes(m): 8:18pm On Nov 14, 2013
Harbosede02: Aw real is love??love is dead and gone,it died in a fatal motor accident!RIP love..as per d definition,when love was alive,it brought joy 2 sum pple and pain 2 sum orda pple,at d hearing of d word love,sum pple smile while some burst into tears,nt everybodi believes love is dead,so pple stil blieves in d existence!datz becos d akara of love's burial no reach deir side..#shikena

Since you dey this Nairaland, you never see guy were dey toast you
Re: Whats Your Idea Of Love??? How Real Is It To You by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 14, 2013
Love is acknowledging, accepting and managing with kindness the weakness in a fellow human. Any claim of love based on the common parameters: handsomeness, beauty or wealth and readiness to spend is pseudolove because anyone even an arch enemy would 'love' someone with such attributes.
Re: Whats Your Idea Of Love??? How Real Is It To You by favouredprince(m): 8:19pm On Nov 14, 2013
love is great,ts whom you love dats d problem. Bt nomatter d level of d heartbreak,notn is wrong wit love,ts ur patner who cudnt express it. Love is intact.
Re: Whats Your Idea Of Love??? How Real Is It To You by Nuzo1(m): 8:19pm On Nov 14, 2013
Love is a total package which consists of respect, politeness, gentleness, generous, forgiving, tenderness, caring and thoughtfulness towards whoever you profess these gestures and emotions.

Now, the strenght of love depends on the level of these gestures and emotions you are willing to give or show. It thus becomes unconditional when you give all these in full dose and never expect much or nothing in return.

Lust is also love but in a very limited form.
Re: Whats Your Idea Of Love??? How Real Is It To You by rafindo(m): 8:42pm On Nov 14, 2013
Well this is a very contentious older than man itself.ur position about it depend on ur ability to leave sentiment out of it which is very diffcult becos of the human nature.love can not be a universal expresion with mono inclination.for it to be felt the ideal nature nd reality must be examine critical to the world view.the ideal nature of love entails affection without condition .which has no comprehensive reason.i can not love without a condition nd reason is a reality.
Re: Whats Your Idea Of Love??? How Real Is It To You by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 14, 2013
Donalð Genes:

Since you dey this Nairaland, you never see guy were dey toast you
u again??aw ur kweshion relate 2 my post!!hny hit ur head on d wall twice b4 u reply my post next tym!
Re: Whats Your Idea Of Love??? How Real Is It To You by ayofag(m): 8:47pm On Nov 14, 2013
Love is real and genuine.
Re: Whats Your Idea Of Love??? How Real Is It To You by Nobody: 8:56pm On Nov 14, 2013
There is infatuation, attraction, addiction, fondness, affection, intimacy... All this are love for immature minds.
When u are grown, u shld knw better than to live in all of those.
#BottomLine
Love is nothing but a perfection that can only exist in our minds. Some other things similar to love is 'wili-wili', 'mami-water'(mermaid), Superman, Barbie, ben 10, spiderman, 'ojuju-calabar'...
U want more?
But my girlfriends would never accept it doesn't exist. So, I make 'em bliv the more, cos I need 'em.... *winks*
Re: Whats Your Idea Of Love??? How Real Is It To You by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 14, 2013
blaezderek: God is Love, Love is God... I believe in Love no matter how hurt i am the same way i believe in God even when he seems far away.

O.P

Off Point!

1 Like

Re: Whats Your Idea Of Love??? How Real Is It To You by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 14, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

WOW! See A Young Girl's "Backside" That Got People Talking (photos) / Craziest Thing Someone Ever Promised You For Sex / NIGHT: I Do This A Lot At Night [Picture]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.