Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,826 members, 7,810,169 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? - Romance (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? (36822 Views)

5 Useless Behaviours Ladies Exhibit That Make Guys Run Away From Them / Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships / Why Do Most Men Feel Insecured About Independent Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by luckyman1010(m): 7:59am On Nov 16, 2013
As for me I don't believe in saying that men runs for wealthy women, it was women attitudes that pursuing men if at all men ready to stay.see some of our celebrities for example they were not ready to bow for their husbands.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Jadamz(m): 8:34am On Nov 16, 2013
dagr8:

lol , take it easy bro grin

@topic...Is because the men want to be in control and they are scared they wont get that...in most cases such women can be arrogant...note that i said in most cases not in all cases.

It also requires a lot of courage to confront a successful lady if the man is not as successful.

Generally, the greatest weapon of a woman is her tongue, a successful woman would have more courage and confidence to use that weapon against a man...if the man is not as successful as she is, the penetration of that bullet when she uses her tongue against him will be more severe and "deadly" cheesy....the man may just go and commit suicide cheesy...Women can use their tongue to kill pesin o
BEWARE OF THE TONGUE OF A WOMAN grin

In conclusion, I don't think any man wants to marry an unsuccessful woman

She is successful, I am more successful...Shikenah!
I think the problem is from the men. They feel inferior, they feel threatened. So let's not always see it from the perspective of the woman, how about our own egos, and complexes as men. I don't see anything wrong with dating one or even marrying any. Infant if you have any, reach me via, mailjadamz@gmail.com.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 16, 2013
Pryme-st*rr:

Loooooooooooolll
Oga sir... Na so my comment pain u reach
Why name calling na... DID I LICK UR BUTTHOLE?
If u r so certain dt my life ain't worth it den plssssssssssss... Be a gud samaritan n lend me ur very own so useful lyf.. *smiles*
you're acting like you're trying to score cheap scores with her.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Prymestrr(m): 10:09am On Nov 16, 2013
godjohnson: you're acting like you're trying to score cheap scores with her.
Score cheap scores with her Like seriously... 2 wat benefit would dt be 2 me if i may ask u?
Mr Johnson... I'm only acting like i v got no tym 2 waste arguing in a faceless forum 4 which der is no benefit for me or my rival., *whom eva dt may be*
I will engage in a bout any day any tym wen der is somtin meaning 2 my gain., whether tangible or otherwise.
#this much should be enough 4 ur comprehension#

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Idowuogbo(f): 10:20am On Nov 16, 2013
kulyie: nope,i am not aggresive,my personality stays with me but my attitude depends on individuals.there are some individuals i am very mild,soft and feminine with and there are some groups of people,especially some categories of men i have to be aggressive,sometimes arrogant and assertive with.depends on the approach you give me or bring my way smiley
****nods****

Yep! I can testify grin
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 16, 2013
Mr Aboki: How old are you?!

My father bathed all 5 of us in the morning, everyday, from nursery school till we were old enough to bath ourselves..
#So whats your point?!

Took us to school every morning... Infact, it was once ina blue moon that my mum would drive us to school. Always my dad.

You are talking utter bullcrap.. Its obvious that you are not even old enough to be married.

The rules of marriage is not Master/Slave.. Its a pratnership with one party having just a 1% majority share (Veto power) to swing those decisions that end in a stalemate.

And I am a married man. Married to a HIGHLY successful lawyer with an annual gross income after taxes of 8 digits per annum.. She still cooks all my food (despite us working almost equal hours), picks out my clothes, takes care of our homes and fulfills her duties to me as a wife.

The bad ones are not the ones we are talking about here.. But if you expect a woman who has worked and toiled hard all of her life to attain great heights to throw it all away and reduce herself to fit into your life and massage your ego, then you are a joker. Real men would rather hussle to be bigger than their wives, rather than cut her down.

#No be quarrel o!! I'm just saying the ugly truth that we men shy away from.

Quote of the day. I'm putting that on Twitter.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by simdam500(m): 11:04am On Nov 16, 2013
ugh I hope u didnt actually think i mean it

smh...
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by troy20(m): 11:29am On Nov 16, 2013
we are paying the price for interefering with the balance of nature.but it couldnt have been helped since the human pusuite for knowlegde,and that-which-is-best is unending.the institution of marriage is becoming overrated lately.with all the fight for gender equallity(feminism)...and heavily misrepresented by alot of women instead.in an evolving society as ours it was bound to be that women would taste independence and therefore would not require a man or marriage to form an identity and purpose for there lives and so would be the spread.life is getting more competitive and complex in the male world anyway.many men would give a leg to hold on to there ego instead than to end up in such situation with a woman.with so many unstable marriages and divources people unwilling to get married,late marriages,children born out of wedlock, the institution of marriage is taking a graduall fall and it couldnt have been helped.might just end up for the good of all anyway

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by EvyE: 12:06pm On Nov 16, 2013
maybe it would help if the ladies remained humble even after success and its also easier if u have been with this guy even before u were something
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Msquare24: 12:49pm On Nov 16, 2013
Well, the issue falls on both sides. Some men consider successful and financially independent women a threat so their ego, their pride as a man, and their ability to establish control stability in the relationship. Another is the superstitious believe that the women diabolically use man's essence to enrich themselves. However, on the other hand, most of the women consider men who are not as successful and financially buoyant as nothing but leeches. Most of such women often find it difficult lower their pride, and tends to be unruly, capitalizing on their academic qualification, their financial buoyancy. Another is the case of chronic career women who takes their career first, way before anything else. Just a little thought of mine, but what did i know about relationships, after all am still single.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Prymestrr(m): 1:04pm On Nov 16, 2013
Aunty OGUGUA why na??... Did i fumble?... It's not fair o!... U 1 chase me comot from dis romance section wey i don begin dey enjoy... *weeping serious blood outta my eye sockets*
#walks outta thread with ma pants down#
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 16, 2013
Get back on topic. undecided

And pull up your pants. Indecent exposure is illegal.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by mrdino(m): 1:28pm On Nov 16, 2013
wasak:

1. they are not confident, they are arrogant, I may have to say this. there was a time my pops went broke and mom was d 1 feeding d family, she maintained the fact that she was in control and till date she cares to tell whoever is ready to listen (She's a good person but She's still a woman)
there are several other situations I've personally witnessed.
2. No one restricts a lady from buying things for herself, the only problem is when she starts buying for the. man, when she starts feeding the home, I tell u, any man in such a situation will turn houseboy unless he knows how to play his card with women. a man may feed. his wife. for. 10 years without having to mention it to a third party, but if. a woman does Same for a day, all her friends would know!!!
3. it's a general thing for women to Look down on people below. them in social status, the beautiful ones Look down on the less beautiful, the wealthy ones Look down on the average ones, the intelligent ones look down on the less intelligent! y do u think most women want to appear flashy? it's not necessarily to attract men, in most cases they do so to diss their fellow women....
as a man... I know my Bleep.ing onions, once beaten, shy till eternity!!!
if u c a humble woman praise her parents...
GOD bless u my brother!
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Prymestrr(m): 1:32pm On Nov 16, 2013
Lol... But aunty OGUGUA, no be me derail topic na... I was only following trend... Besides here na romance section, indecency should be allowed 1s in a while
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Nov 16, 2013
De Beauvoir:

That's why you think the way you do.

How the hell can a person be both Christian and Muslim by the way?

Hmm...de Beauvoir. I saw that name and a gush of memories came racing by. Hell, did I love reading Sartre & de Beauvoir in school!
Where and how did you get this handle? tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

How Do I Dump My Girlfriend Without Hurting Her? / 10 Signs A Woman May Have Character Problem / Couple Ride Bikes In Lovely Pre-Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.