Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,689 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? (36872 Views)

5 Useless Behaviours Ladies Exhibit That Make Guys Run Away From Them / Reasons Why Many Nigerian Guys Run Away From Committed Relationships / Why Do Most Men Feel Insecured About Independent Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by ukandi1(m): 5:39pm On Nov 15, 2013
that some successful ladies get married does not mean that they are without attitude issues. Ask their husbands what they face with their wives when no one is there and u wil agree that all d independent women have attitude issues..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Prymestrr(m): 5:39pm On Nov 15, 2013
ARROGANCE in a WOMAN is a complete n irreversible turn off... Ladies take note... Be confident not arrogant.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 15, 2013
Pryme-st*rr:

Ah ah!... Kulyie shebi i v asked u 2 mellow down 2day sef. Give d poor guy a chance na... He might end up rocking ur world.
#noattackmeo#grin
no thank you smiley

i have mellowed like you asked me to but what of all this little riff raffs ranting up and down insulting their mothers,not me
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Prymestrr(m): 5:51pm On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: no thank you smiley

i have mellowed like you asked me to but what of all this little riff raffs ranting up and down insulting their mothers,not me
Lol... Ok! Just try n be a swthrt n show dem d door out in a mild manner so dey won't v any open grounds 2 throw tantrums @ u.
Hate 2 see my 1s rival turned swt friend being attacked.,*winks*
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by chamboy(m): 5:52pm On Nov 15, 2013
lynpetra: Damn it,some men are confused beings.They agitate for self -dependent women only to run away when they are successful.IMO,such men are less than cowards. undecided

@op,sweety how have you been??Don't worry I wud be a wealthy and submissive wifey.The only problem is if you buy me d latest Toyota ride,I wud retaliate by buying you the latest Range Rover?? wink
I will give junior the Toyota n get the latest buagtti
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 15, 2013
ukandi1: that some successful ladies get married does not mean that they are without attitude issues. Ask their husbands what they face with their wives when no one is there and u wil agree that all d independent women have attitude issues..
Meaning what. The economic reality is that these types of women are here to stay in Nigeria. So the sooner Nigerian men too adjust their attitudes to such ladies the better. They all can't be petty traders, primary school teachers and community nurses.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by felzylix(m): 5:56pm On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: thank you for the advice but its not needed.i already have everything worked out as planned.

Meanwhile,its 'SEW' NOT SOW.

SOW-PLANTING
SEW-MAKING OR AMENDING CLOTHES 8-)
(NOTED)
thank you for the correction... It is very much accepted.
Moreover, like PEAKMILK 'ur arrogance is in u':p
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 15, 2013
Richiy: Nothing negative anyone says here would make me re-think my decision of being successful and financially independent. If you dont have the balls to approach me, then you would never appreciate what av built. It would be best you even stay away.
Hi Richiy, don't be discouraged becos we all are here to learn. U know whenever I have nothing to contribute to a thread here, I sit back and read and pick vital points to help me in dealing with life rather than seeing it as a threat or attack...we all ought to be thankful to the internet technology and forum owners like seun who made it possible for us to voice out our real minds and educate one another on issues of life.

So to say, no one is advocating that u dream less or wish for poverty, never cos I myself wished my sister success and wouldn't do otherwise, but I would rather advice u to pray to God to make u rich in marriage than rich outside marriage.

I am happy my sister achieved that...I wonder what it would have been if it were the other way round, not with the so many sisters of my friends that are high income earners and still single and unhappy.

A woman has more honour when she is married, rich and humble, so pray for that and strive towards that and avoid mingling with all those single lady hustlers out for money and flashy things of life, they may ruin your life if u associate with them. Take note pls. Wishing u the best that u dream forsmiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 15, 2013
Pryme-st*rr:

Lol... Ok! Just try n be a swthrt n show dem d door out in a mild manner so dey won't v any open grounds 2 throw tantrums @ u.
Hate 2 see my 1s rival turned swt friend being attacked.,*winks*
gringringrin lobatan omo urhobo fun ara e cheesy
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 15, 2013
DailyNews:
A woman has more honour when she is married, rich and [size=18pt]humble[/size], so pray for that and strive towards that and avoid mingling with all those single lady hustlers out for money and flashy things of life, they may ruin your life if u associate with them. Take note pls. Wishing u the best that u dream forsmiley

@bold, of course. Women have to be subjugated and suppressed in humility in order for them to be honoured while men are free to possess as much pride and dignity as they want.

Smh for some control freak ogres that need to keep women under their feet in order to be happy.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Prymestrr(m): 6:12pm On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: gringringrin lobatan omo urhobo fun ara e cheesy
Eeehmmmm!
Sisi Eko... Abeg! I no dey flow along wit u 4 dt ur language abeg. Interpret in n stick 2 Anglo-pidgin... Serves all d tymgrin
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 15, 2013
DailyNews: avoid mingling with all those single lady hustlers out for money and flashy things of life, they may ruin your life if u associate with them. Take note pls. Wishing u the best that u dream forsmiley
If they are hustlers or runz girls then they would hardly be looking for a poor or average man to marry.
They are not even interested in the average 'my container' merchant other than to collect his money from him
Such good-time girls just live for the moment with no thoughts of marriage whatsoever except to a very very rich client.
Being a hustler is quite different from being a successful financially independent woman so don't get it twisted.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Prymestrr(m): 6:20pm On Nov 15, 2013
tensor777:

... They are not even interested in the average 'MY CONTAINER' merchant....
dis got me laughing... Bruhahahahahahaha!
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Malakh: 6:22pm On Nov 15, 2013
DailyNews: My dear don't get it wrong, when men say they like independent women, it doesn't mean they like rich or wealthy women, nope!

Independent they mean and want is this: she is not idle, she is engaged in sth; a handwork, business, formal job, etc that fetches her daily upkeeps without her having to date or sleep with any man to meet up with her upkeep.

But when a woman is a hustler desperate to be on the billboard, to compete with men financially and otherwise, busy chasing everything that earns money, it becomes a turn off and a no no for matured and well to do men with vision to build a stable happy lasting home.

And in case u don't know, the world is run by men, and for a woman to become so financially rich, it is most likely that she must have had affairs with so many men at the top, or she has developed some masculine characters that scare real men away.

Honestly, most men desire their wives to be a nursery or primary school teacher becos it looks so romantic and amazing to see a beautiful woman taking good care of children that doesn't belong to her.

And if not for economic hardship in Nigeria, many men would have married female school teachers.

That's to tell u what men mean when they say: we like independent woman, not a hustler.

Being rich doesn't equate to being independent cos majority of the so-called rich single ladies are still dependent on some richer men directly or indirectly...so where is their independence then
@ Daily news you sure do make a lot of sense but you know what there's nothing new under the sun, som women have the spirit of rebellion and pride,they will never submit to a man, my book tells me pride goes before destruction/shame/fall.The same spirit of Eve,Jezebel,Aathliah is what possesses these women,you can't change them,their demon won't allow them to submit to man,its an abomination for them to submit to a man,its different if she's getting paid by being submissive to a man but that's because she's getting paid anything other than that they rebel, what they don't understand is a woman has never been independent, Men run this world, so they still depend on men one way or the other
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 15, 2013
Pryme-st*rr:

Eeehmmmm!
Sisi Eko... Abeg! I no dey flow along wit u 4 dt ur language abeg. Interpret in n stick 2 Anglo-pidgin... Serves all d tymgrin
lmao.ok

lobatan- matter don settle

omo urhobo fun ara e-proper urhobo babe

so i said matter don settle,proper urhobo babe
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 15, 2013
Malakh: @ Daily news you sure do make a lot of sense but you know what there's nothing new under the sun, som women have the spirit of rebellion and pride,they will never submit to a man, my book tells me pride goes before destruction/shame/fall.The same spirit of Eve,Jezebel,Aathliah is what possesses these women,you can't change them,their demon won't allow them to submit to man,its an abomination for them to submit to a man,its different if she's getting paid by being submissive to a man but that's because she's getting paid anything other than that they rebel, what they don't understand is a woman has never been independent, Men run this world, so they still depend on men one way or the other

grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 15, 2013
Malakh: @ Daily news you sure do make a lot of sense but you know what there's nothing new under the sun, som women have the spirit of rebellion and pride,they will never submit to a man, my book tells me pride goes before destruction/shame/fall.

If pride goes before a fall then that means even men have to be humble now. Humility is not reserved for women if that is the case.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Malakh: 6:28pm On Nov 15, 2013
De Beauvoir:

grin
not falling for it,I read your response to the topic,anyways I've dealt with a few women like that, but I sure do know how to make them feel worthless and irrelevant
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Prymestrr(m): 6:28pm On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: lmao.ok

lobatan- matter don settle

omo urhobo fun ara e-proper urhobo babe

so i said matter don settle,proper urhobo babe
Hahahahahahahahahaha!
Ahaaa... Now we r talking, but wait o... R u urhobo??... All dis while i took u 4 an ijebu babe.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Malakh: 6:31pm On Nov 15, 2013
De Beauvoir:

If pride goes before a fall then that means even men have to be humble now. Humility is not reserved for women if that is the case.
u speak the same way she spoke,I see the same traits in you two, what do you mean by a man humbling himself for a woman,Im not domineering or what not but I wear the pants in the house
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 15, 2013
Malakh: u speak the same way she spoke,I see the same traits in you two, what do you mean by a man humbling himself for a woman,Im not domineering or what not but I wear the pants in the house

You are a Christian or Muslim abi?
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 15, 2013
Malakh: @ Daily news you sure do make a lot of sense but you know what there's nothing new under the sun, som women have the spirit of rebellion and pride,they will never submit to a man, my book tells me pride goes before destruction/shame/fall.The same spirit of Eve,Jezebel,Aathliah is what possesses these women,you can't change them,their demon won't allow them to submit to man,its an abomination for them to submit to a man,its different if she's getting paid by being submissive to a man but that's because she's getting paid anything other than that they rebel, what they don't understand is a woman has never been independent, Men run this world, so they still depend on men one way or the other

Now you don de talk anoda thing. De talk of runz girls and other hustlers and the evil spirits wey de worri them. SMH

Anyway what everyone seems to be running away from despite several pages on this thread is that the advent of the successful financially independent woman means that Nigerian men would no longer be able to use MONEY to control, manipulate and dominate such ladies if they marry them.

That is what is scaring most male posters here.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by rhowly(m): 6:45pm On Nov 15, 2013
kulyie: no thank you smiley

You know you really don't need to respond to every dart thrown in your direction? If all you say bout yourself is true, your "quick fingers" have failed to lend credence to your status as a biz exec or director etc Several people of varying ages on this faceless forum. You just might be arguing with a kid or someone as young as your youngest sibling. That said, an overview or introspection into African societies almost never causes one to arrive at your "radical" stance. I'd opt for experience (no offence intended). But know this we aren't all the same. I'm a young professional as well, successful by the standards of the world and totally unafraid of that in a female. If she makes more money, all the better. Certainly can't have too much. But often enough arrogance is a bed fellow to success. Not limited to females but it's easier to spot. Why? Because we naturally expect different and humility in a female is absolutely sublime and a trait to cherish. Nevertheless an emotionally secure man is the perfect antidote for a successful and arrogant woman and yes, they can be decent wives/mothers. It'd be nice to meet you, I honestly don't think you're half as aggressive in person wink
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Malakh: 6:46pm On Nov 15, 2013
De Beauvoir:

You are a Christian or Muslim abi?
Both... but does it matter
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 15, 2013
Malakh: Both... but does it matter

That's why you think the way you do.

How the hell can a person be both Christian and Muslim by the way?
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by SU37fighter: 6:51pm On Nov 15, 2013
pro01: Women need to understand that most men do not rate them by their level of success or accomplishment.

If I want to indulge my libidinous cravings, I go for a voluptuous and sexy chick. If I want a relationship or marriage, I go for a level-headed, well-behaved, sensible, and God-fearing woman. In either case, her so-called "success" or "financial independence" has nothing to do with it. Only a lazy gigolo or broke-ass mofo would be impressed by a woman's financial success. A financially stable man needs a woman for other reasons. In most cases her success/wealth is a distraction rather than an advantage.

In terms of desirability, only men are judged by their wealth and financial status; women are mostly judged by their beauty, deportment, and personality. It's as simple as that.
Absolute gold.
I wonder why most women don't understand this.
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Malakh: 6:51pm On Nov 15, 2013
tensor777:

Now you don de talk anoda thing. De talk of runz girls and other hustlers and the evil spirits wey de worri them. SMH

Anyway what everyone seems to be running away from despite several pages on this thread is that the advent of the successful financially independent woman means that Nigerian men would no longer be able to use MONEY to control, manipulate and dominate such ladies if they marry them.

That is what is scaring a most male posters here.
If a woman is arrogant,I'll avoid her like a plague,I dont need strange women in my life, but why would a real man run from a woman?, he is avoiding her because two of them would never be agreed, can two walk together except they are agreed...mind you Isaiah makes it clear that a woman will compass a man and this is where their supposed succeess comes from but the tables will be turned
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 15, 2013
Malakh: Both... but does it matter
Yes what is that about? Islam and Christianity. What do you believe in?
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Jman06(m): 6:52pm On Nov 15, 2013
ogugua88: Women who are successful and financially independent intimidate some men for at least a few reasons:

1. They're confident, which can sometimes be interpreted as arrogance.
2. They have their own money and can buy their own things, support themselves, etc.
3. They can make a man feel inferior or inadequate, due to reasons given in point 2.

Men, particularly African men, are raised thinking that they are to be the provider; sole more than likely. Gender stereotyping is still rampant. A woman is to cook and clean; a man is to work. A woman who can do what a man can do renders a man useless.

A lot of men have egos, even if they won't admit it in front of women. In all honesty, however, there are some independent women out there who behave like they have both an egg and sperm. I, personally, think men should be more open to independent women as they've got a lot to offer. They're fierce, bold, and can be your rock in tough times. Meanwhile, independent women should be the go-getters that they are and still be womanly. Make a man feel like the man he is; you don't have to do all and be all because you're successful. No one likes a woman with an attitude, regardless of her wealth, fame, beauty, or whichever assets she may have.
Always on point! I love u.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Malakh: 6:53pm On Nov 15, 2013
De Beauvoir:

That's why you think the way you do.

How the hell can a person be both Christian and Muslim by the way?
its beyond you but let me help you out, a Christian is someone who is Christ-like and a muslim means to submit to God, so its subjective but I'm not into pagan religions, chew on that
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Malakh: 6:56pm On Nov 15, 2013
tensor777:
Yes what is that about? Islam and Christianity. What do you believe in?
I believe in the ways of Abraham,Isaac and Jacob, I believe and keep the new covenant, so much for myself now lets talk about this arrogant and rebellious women
Re: Why Do Guys Run From Successful And Financially Independent Women? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 15, 2013
Malakh: If a woman is arrogant,I'll avoid her like a plague,I dont need strange women in my life, but why would a real man run from a woman?, he is avoiding her because two of them would never be agreed, can two walk together except they are agreed...mind you Isaiah makes it clear that a woman will compass a woman and this is where their supposed succeess comes from but the tables will be turned

Yes a very good question? Why would a real man run from a successful woman? It just doesn't make sense. If its attitude then the man can work on it if he is serious.
However such a man shold not marry a hustler or runz girl. Such ladies hardly ever change.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

Hausa Couple Take Their Pre-Wedding Photoshoot Aboard A Private Jet / Baby Mama And The Shameless Talk About It!!! / 10 Signs A Woman May Have Character Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.