Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,973 members, 7,821,408 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan (36912 Views)

If You Didnt Do This While In The University Then You Missed Thousands Of Naira / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU And ASUP Strike: How Have You Been Spending Your Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by youngchief1: 4:08am On Dec 01, 2013
Mynd_44: So he is realising he can't handle the path he towed right? Coward!!!!
command in chief in a place dat hav upto 170million peeps "coward" den wot can we call ur village biological father
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Jiteshell(f): 4:10am On Dec 01, 2013
theoctopus:

The schools were closed by the school authorities after the strike commenced and they will be reopened on the 4th. Many of you are ignoramus who dont know jack. You just blab!
my school wasn't closed. None academic staffs are still working. Some students even stayed back in their hostel.
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by cannonnier(m): 4:38am On Dec 01, 2013
Tolexander:
orisun
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Truckpusher(m): 4:55am On Dec 01, 2013
Guys still dey here dey kill themselves? undecided
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by mightycrown: 5:05am On Dec 01, 2013
[theoctopus]

The problem with NL is that it is filled with too many dunces. What did the president say differently? So you cant understand simple English. He is talking procedure. That is a man who knows due process and rule of law and makes his statement accordingly. Where you expecting him to talk like an illiterate Buhari. grin grin grin

He just told you procedure. That is how the information flows. Even when it is the president's directive, it doesnt have to be issued by the president. He didnt tell you that the report was wrong or that he was not in support. He told you due process and how it works. Most of you are not used to having an educated president so you always expect to h
ear "go and die"! grin[/quote

bros, do you digest the first paragraph of the write-up?
could you please spot out the similarity between this write-up and the one
posted some days back warning ASUU to resume?
nobody is happy about what ASUU is doing but the problem is that our leaders should
be plain and straight forward for once.
a bold leader won't deny what he said or authorized someone to say or better still
what someone who want the best for the country said that he (the leader) agreed on.

1 Like

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by aluma(m): 5:31am On Dec 01, 2013
theoctopus:

We have passed that stage. Dont you get it! Its December 4th and some schools have already opened. Some have started lectures already. Dey there dey talk trash grin

Which skool don open which one don start lecture
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by aluma(m): 5:36am On Dec 01, 2013
theoctopus:

You see how some of you make a fool of yourself? Did he say the decision was not from the FG? Always read and understand before you comment. Ignorance is a disease

It is called due process. gerrit? Due process!

Is association of V.C fedral gvt ITK
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Samgreguc(m): 5:46am On Dec 01, 2013
Katier00 :
Jesus have mercy on the nigerian students- mother mary come to their aid
grin
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by kaffy4tope(m): 5:53am On Dec 01, 2013
Tolexander:
orisun

CAN'T KEEP IT TO MASELF ANYMORE....I luv ur signature more dan Nairaland itself. kiss
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by mbhs139(m): 6:00am On Dec 01, 2013
This is my take on the matter:

Was there an agreement between both parties? Yes

Has that agreement been signed? No

Who is delaying the signing? FG

Did ASUU make new demands different from the agreement reached? No

These are the questions that we need to consider. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by mbhs139(m): 6:05am On Dec 01, 2013
aluma:

Is association of V.C fedral gvt ITK

It is only a fool that will believe that part of the story, about the VCs ordering lectures back to class or else they will be fired.

Have you forgotten that the VC is also a member of before he became the VC, and after his tenure of five years of one term he will return to class to continue as a member of ASUU?

I think another version of the story said it was the Pro Chancellors.

The point is that it is the FG that is not ready to end the strike. If you read in between the lines, they are only trying to destroy ASUU's public sympathy which I think they have succeeded in doing or so it seems.

If actually you entered into an agreement why not just ratify the agreement and move on?!

1 Like

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by muktarmtt(m): 6:16am On Dec 01, 2013
theoctopus:

The problem with NL is that it is filled with too many dunces. What did the president say differently? So you cant understand simple English. He is talking procedure. That is a man who knows due process and rule of law and makes his statement accordingly. Where you expecting him to talk like an illiterate Buhari. grin grin grin

He just told you procedure. That is how the information flows. Even when it is the president's directive, it doesnt have to be issued by the president. He didnt tell you that the report was wrong or that he was not in support. He told you due process and how it works. Most of you are not used to having an educated president so you always expect to hear "go and die"! grin
So even in ASUU case u most bring Buhari name u r very stupi*d trabalistic bigotry Buhari is more educated dan u and ur old stinky Father who dey for forest cut casava. i will die wit ur hatred mtsw
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by killemall: 6:21am On Dec 01, 2013
This is what you get when you have zoo keeper as the president.
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by cannonnier(m): 6:38am On Dec 01, 2013
.:
“But despite the fact that I had
the longest meeting with ASUU
in my political history, we did
not start that meeting until
around 2:00pm and the meeting
ended the next day in the early hours.

As far as the government
of Nigeria was concerned, all the
critical people that should be in
a meeting were there, so what
else do they want?

wetin consine us.

so ASUU will just look at the faces of all the so called critical people and say "we call off the strike" shey na juju?

this man is drunk again
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by sonickay(m): 6:40am On Dec 01, 2013
theoctopus:

We have already passed that stage now. The schools are already resuming and any lecturer who doesnt show up will be sacked. That is what is on the table now. Good news is, many of the lecturers are going to resume because they are already pissed with the ASUU leadership. You saw that on channels TV yesterday
Did you and Sincere9gerian watch the LIVE programme together yesterday?
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Nasige(m): 6:45am On Dec 01, 2013
theoctopus:

You see how some of you make a fool of yourself? Did he say the decision was not from the FG? Always read and understand before you comment. Ignorance is a disease

It is called due process. gerrit? Due process!
Mr man fear God and stand 4 d truth.
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by sonickay(m): 6:52am On Dec 01, 2013
theoctopus:

He knows he cant sack the lecturers? Where did you get that from? Did he call you to tell you that or you are just spurning it from your backside as usual? grin
Did you believe him when you reported that he ordered so? Well, only a bought over mind, soul and body will take such declaration without doubt cluelessly. As a reminder, here is a thread you opened to justify ů̶̲̥я̲ pay www.nairaland.com/1534773/jonathan-orders-university-authorities-re-open

Before money was involved, now its paperworks, I wonder how long it will take FG to sign. It is just funny that the FG can't do the simple and right things. You have reached a conclusive agreement with ASUU, sign the paperworks. Let's wait and see...
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by legendsilver(m): 7:06am On Dec 01, 2013
Una just dey here dey blab while d country dey spoil d more. undecided
Is dis how we wan take move forward? Six months strike, pls Mr presido n ASUU, let's do d needful n forget who dey wrong, thankz
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by akpur1(m): 7:06am On Dec 01, 2013
skyfall: Confused govt. Even military dictators could not sack the lecturers.
Shutup and watch who would not come to work buh the government can pay 4months that didn't work and would go and draw the money and chop
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Nobody: 7:17am On Dec 01, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
Can't you just drop a meaningful comment without insults. undecided
He dropped the sanest comment.
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Nobody: 7:18am On Dec 01, 2013
Katier00 :
shut up
Sharrap!
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Nobody: 7:23am On Dec 01, 2013
Keep speaking grammar, keep speakin vocabulary, keep speaking dictions infact speak in tongues, u can see hw pple like u r indiffrnt 2 d plight of our young ones, i wish either ur children or livelihood were affected or ur siblings as result of this strike action, i dnt tink ur grammar filled mouth will be filled with such boast
sagombugo: I laff in Egun partois! While infantile rabblerousers felt FG could in one fell swoop sack ASUU members following from the thuggish doomsday statement from WICKED WIKE( We Intend to Kill Education!)

Now the C-In-C who knows the implication of such a charlatanous statement is attempting to douse the already charged atmosphere but I hasten to ask sir Mr President,even if Pope,Ban Ki Moon,Nelson Mandela and Barack Obama( with all due respect to those personalities!) attend the meetting with ASUU,the fact that you or a senior member of your cabinet is refusing to append yr signature on the MOU so drawn then I shudder to feel that there is a likelihood of a renegation in the agreement

While I sympathise with GEJ over this ASUU brouhaha but I feel just mere 'words' won't suffice at this point! Pls sir DO THE NEEDFUL
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Nobody: 7:23am On Dec 01, 2013
the crass illiteracy of team jona.

sack who? you think lecturers, for all their faults can be replaced enmasse? this is not case of replacing one or two erring lecturers - it would be a challenge to replace an entire department in a faculty, much less the staff of several universities.

take it or leave it - you cannot win against unions by threats. thats the strenght in numbers.

1 Like

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Joshrob(m): 7:23am On Dec 01, 2013
excell12go: Thanks for this Mr President. I hav always known that the 'resume or be sacked' threat cannot work. Just pay them their outstanding salaries and get the Attorney General to sign the papers. I'm tired of sitting at home.
What's this one saying?..pay them for the work they didn't do. Where is that done in this word?..
Who will pay for the 6 months hostel rent have already been wasted. If they refuse to resume,sack them asap.
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Joshrob(m): 7:28am On Dec 01, 2013
Prof Corruption: grin grin grin

What a clueless mediocrity!
You are the one who's clueless here,must they spell everything out for you to understand?. He just say it all. Don't resume before dec 4th and get sacked
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Austinei7(m): 7:34am On Dec 01, 2013
Wait... Is mr president sayin he cant handle diz case...na wa o... My country is bless
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by nyabingi(m): 7:36am On Dec 01, 2013
Mynd_44:
Is it an insult to call a coward a coward? I have never seen a government change their words as much as this.

Sissies

Whatch it The SSS are on ur trail...Internet Bigbrother agents (Isreal) are watching every statement here...mind how you insult The Commander In Chief of The Armed Forces of The Federal Republic of Nigeria...dont say you were not warned because even this reply on your page is an evudence against you!
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by terrawatts: 7:37am On Dec 01, 2013
sagombugo: I laff in Egun partois! While infantile rabblerousers felt FG could in one fell swoop sack ASUU members following from the thuggish doomsday statement from WICKED WIKE( We Intend to Kill Education!)

Now the C-In-C who knows the implication of such a charlatanous statement is attempting to douse the already charged atmosphere but I hasten to ask sir Mr President,even if Pope,Ban Ki Moon,Nelson Mandela and Barack Obama( with all due respect to those personalities!) attend the meetting with ASUU,the fact that you or a senior member of your cabinet is refusing to append yr signature on the MOU so drawn then I shudder to feel that there is a likelihood of a renegation in the agreement

While I sympathise with GEJ over this ASUU brouhaha but I feel just mere 'words' won't suffice at this point! Pls sir DO THE NEEDFUL
well said bro.
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by winnymoh: 7:37am On Dec 01, 2013
theoctopus:

You know you are very foolish and have no sense in your head? You behave like Oshiomole! A tout!
You said someone insulted Mr president by saying coward. Now u said d person is foolish, and u went ahead to insult a Gov. Are u really trained?
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by excel2013: 7:39am On Dec 01, 2013
The plight of students should be considered ,its taking too long, ASUU, THE Federal Government ,do it right.intimate performance is getting weaker ,wife ,girl friend is complaining ,be man enough BB PIN 21A923AC
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Ameen56: 7:41am On Dec 01, 2013
Sure! I'm happy and in full of ASUU. Its high time we compel them to do the right even if they don't want. GEJ, it is a pity you sound innocent here and now pushing the matter on the shoulders of CVNU. Ignorants they are indeed not to realise that they're being used by you and your supporter. Pls stop telling us story and resort to meet ASUU request or you will be failing in discharging your constitutional responsibilities. Who knows what you have for Nigerians come January, 2014 uh! The experience of January, 2011 is still fresh in our memories. Those who follow this trend know exactly what I'm talking about. We are ready for you comes 2014 if that's what you want. Look around you and see what other countries that are not even up the feet of Nigeria are capable of and what we are asking is not too much for a country like Nigeria. So, Mr. GEJ, if you claim that you love Nigerians, students and parents as much as your emotion revealed then we expect you to take action and not shying from your responsibilities. Yes, that is it GEJ.
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by SirCee: 7:41am On Dec 01, 2013
Let us leave politics alone. Mr President, please prove to Nigerians you're the number one citizen of this great nation. Tell ASUU that you were disappointed in them for holding this country's education system in boundage for months,that you least expected this from them. To me there is no need for a long meeting because they have 1000 reasons. Then, sign off the MOU with the four months arrears paid to their accounts immediately. With this Nigerians will dance for you & build unshakable trust.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Free Exam Portal Answer For WAEC,NECO, NABTEB &JAMB / What Can Make You Treat Your Pen This Way? #Hilarious photo / JAMB Admission Status Out... Jamb.org.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.