Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan (36906 Views)

If You Didnt Do This While In The University Then You Missed Thousands Of Naira / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU And ASUP Strike: How Have You Been Spending Your Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by theoctopus: 11:26pm On Nov 30, 2013
olu_kenzo :
I have never seen a president so dishonest, devious and extremely prevaricated!

Nigerians have never been this divided, people caught with their hands in the cookie jar are left off the hook because they are from a particular region. The Nigerian president is not to be criticized because he is from a particular region. The emphasis is always on tribe, always. You are the Nigerian president for fvg sake!

The most annoying is this ASUU issue, should any PhD holder with half wit make such a dumb statement as that credited to Mr. Jonathan? They should call off a strike within 24hours because you agreed verbally to do your duties as President? That is if they decide to be beaten twice and of course overlook your highly perfidious nature.

->> Discussion
->> Feedback
->> Conditions
->> Signing of agreement by every culpable fg official
->> Call off

ASUU will be crazy not to get that agreement signed before calling off the strike, not with this two-timing drunk!

You want him to sign it with his blood? Do you even know how government works? The resolutions from any government meetings are well documented and subsequently gazetted. The 2009 agreement is documented and signed. That does not change anything. What is important is that decisions must be workable and feasible and the FG has come out to say that the 2009 document is not feasible and should be renegotiated, simple as! They have now had a new workable agreement with president himself in a 13 hours marathon meeting. The meeting in itself is a well documented event and the results and resolutions of that meeting is well documented and will be gazetted after all due process. The president does not need to sign an invoice before it is implemented. The lecturers know that. They are just playing politics after collecting money from corrupt politicians

1 Like

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Stundey(m): 11:27pm On Nov 30, 2013
Hmmmm

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by sunny63(m): 11:27pm On Nov 30, 2013
Mynd_44: So he is realising he can't handle the path he towed right? Coward!!!!
u lack manner,dt hw u insult ur dad.May God 4give u
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by DonaldGenes(m): 11:28pm On Nov 30, 2013
theoctopus:

Shut up! You dont know Nigerians. People like you are always talking down on Nigerians like Oshiomole! All we need is the national database which will commence next year and all that will be easy to implement.

Watching you and your uncouth comments makes me conclude that you are still schooling in kindergarten school, you prattle too much here, insulting just about anybody that airs his or her opinion, Is this how you are in your home or you were not properly brought up well? Am curious

2 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Texykool: 11:28pm On Nov 30, 2013
Katier00 :
Jesus have mercy on the nigerian students- Patience Jonathan come to their aid

fixed
cheesy
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:29pm On Nov 30, 2013
jemman:
pls tell dis fool dat all what am saying is dat my school has not declared resumption and ui so stop peddling rumour and get a life

Chai!!!

I think I will have to stop replying you now.

When you have full understanding of my statements and post something sensible, then I will deem you worthy of a reply.

Cheers bro!

3 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by theoctopus: 11:29pm On Nov 30, 2013
Emmadani: i said it on the ASUU STRIKE Thread that the FG are 419 and criminals,that they are not even sure of themselves,that they can change mouth at anytime,and wat av they just did?I know my government vry well or is it no longer the federal government of Nigeria?i know them.

Get it into your head. The gorvernment did not change mouth, you hear! He just explained to you the process. It is called due process. No wonder some of you support Buhari. You think government is a man issuing commands from the TV screen or telling a widow "go and die". prehistoric humans grin

2 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by SirTunechi(f): 11:30pm On Nov 30, 2013
[quote
author=greggng]i have seen reason to believe that this administration
is clueless. You had meeting with ASUU and they ask you to put in
writing what you promised and you refused and ask them to resume....what
a shame. If the govt is sincere why not put everything in writing so
that blames can be apportioned where necessary,instead of doing the
needful , wike the foot soldier came out to accuse ASUU OF making fresh
demand. Whom are they deceiving? Does wike think that he can bully ASUU
same way he is causing problems in rivers state. Nigerians are watching
with keen interest. Let him sack all lectures and go to OTUOKE to hire
militants to lecture in the universities.While his own kids are abroad
studying.[/quote]
so you fink dat bastard Faggae is telling you d truth if ASUU is sincere let their president come out life on national tv and tell us d masses, d demand dat they ar making.
the people you support so much are nothing but thiefs

1 Like

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by theoctopus: 11:30pm On Nov 30, 2013
Donalð Genes:

Watching you and your uncouth comments makes me conclude that you are still schooling in kindergarten school, you prattle too much here, insulting just about anybody that airs his or her opinion, Is this how you are in your home or you were not properly brought up well? Am curious

Sharrap! Did you not see the first 3 dumb comments by illiterates who couldnt comprehend a simple article but started spouting bile and trash! And it didnt also bother you that that olodo was insulting all Nigerians? Abeg waka pass!

1 Like

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by youngice(m): 11:32pm On Nov 30, 2013
Abeg how much for London used z10
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by masciv: 11:33pm On Nov 30, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
Can't you just drop a meaningful comment without insults. undecided

Is that an insult?.surely its not an insult cos the word coward refers to a behavioral pattern which your figure head president has been displaying for a couple of months or years now.

1 Like

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by SirTunechi(f): 11:33pm On Nov 30, 2013
[quote
author=abdulkayus]GEJ is nt a straight forward guy, always flippin like
dos flippin burger. Append ur signature, pay them their salary, then
strike will be call off. ASUU just want d presidency to sign d agreement
cos d FG are nt to be trusted.[/quote]

and after dat, they would ffucck me right
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by frankyychiji(f): 11:34pm On Nov 30, 2013
Idrismusty97: Grammar wargringrin.I no go lie i just dey learn new english. "use your tongue to count your teeth" gringrin.Na wa o.No be ASUU vs FG again
Idris take ur time o. Na igbo proverb. grin
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by theoctopus: 11:34pm On Nov 30, 2013
masciv:

Is that an insult?.surely its not an insult cos the word coward refers to a behavioral pattern which your figure head president has been displaying for a couple of months or years now.

He is a coward, yet you guys have never being able to defeat him once. Take a hard look in the mirror bro and tell me what you see!
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:35pm On Nov 30, 2013
The only problem was that his denial was
the confirmation, if one was needed, that
what the minister said was in fact the truth.
There was no better confirmation for the
truth of a retracted official statement than its
official denial; and the more vigorous the
denial, the more veracious the initial
statement. But in this case,it only shows how insincere our C in C is and how selfish our honorable intellectuals a(ASSU members).Because I could not just comprehend how ASUU expect the present government to respond to their demand,when same government could not (even) protect the very people that it claim to work for. They
have lost the ability to deceive—not
because of some moral re armament, but
because of incompetence.
Bullet;''When hungry, eat your rice; when tired,
close your eyes. Fools may laugh at me, but
wise men will know what I mean"
—Lin-Chi
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:35pm On Nov 30, 2013
frankyychiji: Idris take ur time o. Na igbo proverb. grin

Looool. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Idrismusty97(m): 11:37pm On Nov 30, 2013
Iaz93: [size=33]LWKMD[/size]

This one no be ASUU and FG again oh.

This is now Airheads Vs Dunderheads. gringrin

Everybody wan claim literate. gringrin

See as dem dey finish Mynd_44 gringrin
The poor mynd don run self grin.Trust Nairalanders

1 Like

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by honeric01(m): 11:37pm On Nov 30, 2013
It seems Nairaland has just been hit by a new breed of sycophants, chei.

GEJ: I have met with you ASUU in person, so go and call off the strike

ASUU: 2009 Agreement is still fresh in our memory, your govt said our demands which you and your former boss (Yaradua) agreed to were unrealistic.

GEJ: Okay, out of the N500B yearly fund, we can provide you with N200B yearly.

ASUU: Okay, we have agreed, but we prefer there is a legal tender binding us this time around with signatures from you and also from the attorney general of the federation.

GEJ: So is my word not enough to serve as a bond?

ASUU: hehehe, once beaten, 10 times shy, no sir, since you believe you are capable of carrying out these agreements, kindly put to paper your signature, together with that of the attorney general of the federal so as to avoid stories that touch in the nearest future.

GEJ: So you mean i am a liar? you cant take my words abi? what arrant rubbish, infact if you don't resume in the next one week, i will sack all of you and replace you with new lecturers (hmmm lecturers from the moon or from mars?)

ASUU: Hehehehe, so you think you're talking to illiterates abi? okay, we dare you to sack us all.

GEJ: I never said i'd sack you all, it was said by em, em, em, the committee of V. Chancellors...... (LOL)

Sensible Nigerians: LOL, when did the presidency become the mouthpiece of the committee of V. Chancellors?

Wonders shall never end, the presidency was once the spokesman for MEND, now speaking for V. chancellors lol...

16 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by iamtheprincipal: 11:37pm On Nov 30, 2013
That's what happens when Education ministry is given to a tout like crazy Wike to supervise.
GOD have mercy on our educational system.

Pls., Wike needs to be pushed aside, Mr. President.
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:37pm On Nov 30, 2013
MMMua'zu:
The only problem was that his denial was
the confirmation, if one was needed, that
what the minister said was in fact the truth.
There was no better confirmation for the
truth of a retracted official statement than its
official denial; and the more vigorous the
denial, the more veracious the initial
statement. But in this case,it only shows how insincere our C in C is and how selfish our honorable intellectuals a(ASSU members).Because I could not just comprehend how ASUU expect the present government to respond to their demand,when same government could not (even) protect the very people that it claim to work for. They
have lost the ability to deceive—not
because of some moral re armament, but
because of incompetence.
Bullet;''When hungry, eat your rice; when tired,
close your eyes. Fools may laugh at me, but
wise men will know what I mean"
—Lin-Chi

*sigh*

Ah don tire to dey explain the same thing over and over again. Can someone help me? sad
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:38pm On Nov 30, 2013
theoctopus:

You want him to sign it with his blood? Do you even know how government works? The resolutions from any government meetings are well documented and subsequently gazetted. The 2009 agreement is documented and signed. That does not change anything. What is important is that decisions must be workable and feasible and the FG has come out to say that the 2009 document is not feasible and should be renegotiated, simple as! They have now had a new workable agreement with president himself in a 13 hours marathon meeting. The meeting in itself is a well documented event and the results and resolutions of that meeting is well documented and will be gazetted after all due process. The president does not need to sign an invoice before it is implemented. The lecturers know that. They are just playing politics after collecting money from corrupt politicians

Bros, please refrain from quoting me if you're going to be this vacuous. Honest people give their words and stand by it. The agreement has not even been signed and the president is already flipping? How do you trust such a person?

1 Like

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:38pm On Nov 30, 2013
kennyamusan: guess u need brain surgery,if a president is refusing to append is signature to a consecus he was also a member of during obasanjo and yar adua regime, and u and uneducated illiterate,a morally and uncivillised homo spaien is advocating for him to go ahead,then u both need ur brain re examined,imagine the nitwit is trying ti exclude himself,wike spoke on behalf of d Fg and not V.C,did ASUU had mtg with VC,pls think,ask before u comment.

did u ever pass thru a school? you suck. mr president does not sign agreement like that. his presence in that meeting is a signatory to the agreement.mind u agreement does not need to be signed before it is tenable in court. ask a lawyer.

1 Like

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by ay0201(m): 11:39pm On Nov 30, 2013
There is a limit to everything. It is a good thing for ASUU to want to revive or bring education in Nigeria from grace to grass but nobody is saying anything about the excesses of the so called lecturers. Sincerely, their activities as lecturers should be looked into. Imagine a lecturer coming to class one week to exams to give a crash course, where was he since the beginning of d semester? Abi the case of lecturers giving exam scripts to fellow undergraduates to mark and record? Or the case of lecturers expecting students to reproduce word for word what dey put in their internet lifted text books (plagiarism), what happened to applied question? Abi a situation where both d class rep and his assistant both bagged first class after being sales representatives for the lecturers? Just buy the text book and consider yourself taught. What about morality wch most of them have thrown out of the window? One can go on and on with a list of their excesses but to mention a few. ASUU as a union has not taken steps to address such issues but can decide to go on strike cos of money all in d name of improving education in Nigeria. What a shame. SMH. I am not on d side of the FG either but ASUU should look inwards as part of the solution to the educational problems we have in this country.

2 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by star95(m): 11:40pm On Nov 30, 2013
oluafolabi:

I don't know how else to put it so that it will sink in your brain.

The simple statement I made was, all the schools that have declared resumption have started lectures except Akungba.

Has OAU declared resumption?

Did that sink well enough?
Tife u badt o. See how u de hammer the guy.
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by 1Dray(m): 11:41pm On Nov 30, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: Mtchewww!

I thought you were breathing fire and brimstone earlier!

Now you have calmed down and realized you can't intimidate anyone; would you please call on the attorney general, finance minister and cbn governor to sign the damn document so that the schools will be reopened?

Mtchewww!
Are you alright? Stop sounding like a fool, go and face your sex stories.
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Stundey(m): 11:41pm On Nov 30, 2013
@theoctopus: why are you insulting every man that expressed his/her own opinion, are they referring to you in their comments or you are just a "i will die in supporting rich man may be he will extend some mulla to my side some day".
man you need to stop this habit of yours.

4 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Chigorkizz(m): 11:41pm On Nov 30, 2013
I See dat most people supporting d continuity of d strike are mainly workers and students dat are performing very bad in their academics.

These group of people have nothing 2 lose.The unserious student wil ever want d serious ones to go down wit dem.

1 Like

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by SirTunechi(f): 11:42pm On Nov 30, 2013
[quote
author=jemman]
pls tell dis fool dat all what am saying is dat my school has not
declared resumption and ui so stop peddling rumour and get a
life[/quote]
now i know ure completely daft

1 Like

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by akereconfi: 11:43pm On Nov 30, 2013
honeric01: It seems Nairaland has just been hit by a new breed of sycophants, chei.

GEJ: I have met with you ASUU in person, so go and call off the strike

ASUU: 2009 Agreement is still fresh in our memory, your govt said our demands which you and your former boss (Yaradua) agreed to were unrealistic.

GEJ: Okay, out of the N500B yearly fund, we can provide you with N200B yearly.

ASUU: Okay, we have agreed, but we prefer there is a legal tender binding us this time around with signatures from you and also from the attorney general of the federation.

GEJ: So is my word not enough to serve as a bound?

ASUU: hehehe, once beaten, 10 times shy, no sir, since you believe you are capable of carrying out these agreements, kindly put to paper your signature, together with that of the attorney general of the federal so as to avoid stories that touch in the nearest future.

GEJ: So you mean i am a liar? you cant take my words abi? what arrant rubbish, infact if you don't resume in the next one week, i will sack all of you and replace you with new lecturers (hmmm lecturers from the moon or from mars?)

ASUU: Hehehehe, so you think you're talking to illiterates abi? okay, we dare you to sack us all.

GEJ: I never said i'd sack you all, it was said by em, em, em, the committee of V. Chancellors...... (LOL)

Sensible Nigerians: LOL, when did the presidency become the mouthpiece of the committee of V. Chancellors?

Wonders shall never end, the presidency was once the spokeman of MEND, now speaking for V. chancellors lol...

SEE JOKE, funny pass I go die

In your right thinking mind, this is all what you can come up with.
Your brain is observing the ASUU strike with you

1 Like

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Hearme(m): 11:44pm On Nov 30, 2013
Guess they have seen that it does not add to the political score towards 2015. Some technocrats must have advised the president to dissociate himself from the action. Did the committee of vice chancellors also give the orders to the IG. If WIKE (we intend killing education) as posted in another thread was only passing down orders from the committee. Why was he shouting in that press conference and why did he loose his comportment? I will not be surprised if ASUU adds Wike's public apology as a condition for calling of the strike. Rivers people should be weary by now of who they want to elect as governor. For God sake I learnt he is a barrister, he lacks deco rum. No other word to describe his actions other than those of Unical ASUU chair who said they will wait to hear from the president and not respond to touts like wike.

1 Like

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Olril18(m): 11:45pm On Nov 30, 2013
theoctopus:

If only you were literate, you will understand the beauty of that statement. That was a masterclass in bureaucratic understanding! The president does not need to give such commands. There is a body responsible for it. When you get to an industrial court, you will understand what the president just said! You are the clueless one obviously grin
u took dat foolish and cluess individual to the cleaners,luv that!! sum people are iliterates ,wat d president said is not contradicting d position already taken..

1 Like

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:45pm On Nov 30, 2013
theoctopus:

So according what you have posted here, the president can also wake up next year and say that the agreement signed by the minister of education is unworkable. Once beaten twice shy. If the president is truly sincere and has the interests of the students at heart, let him sign the agreement without delay. After all it shudnt take more than 30 secs for him to sign the agreement. Or what is the point of being in a meeting for 13 hrs, coming to an agreement and then now to fail to give the agreement legal backing by signing it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

10 Best Universities In Nigeria By Global Ranking / JAMB Admission Status Out... Jamb.org.ng / Nigerian Universities That Process Transcript Collection The Fastest Vs Slowest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.