Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,128 members, 7,821,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan (36914 Views)

If You Didnt Do This While In The University Then You Missed Thousands Of Naira / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU And ASUP Strike: How Have You Been Spending Your Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:46pm On Nov 30, 2013
honeric01: It seems Nairaland has just been hit by a new breed of sycophants, chei.

GEJ: I have met with you ASUU in person, so go and call off the strike

ASUU: 2009 Agreement is still fresh in our memory, your govt said our demands which you and your former boss (Yaradua) agreed to were unrealistic.

GEJ: Okay, out of the N500B yearly fund, we can provide you with N200B yearly.

ASUU: Okay, we have agreed, but we prefer there is a legal tender binding us this time around with signatures from you and also from the attorney general of the federation.

GEJ: So is my word not enough to serve as a bound?

ASUU: hehehe, once beaten, 10 times shy, no sir, since you believe you are capable of carrying out these agreements, kindly put to paper your signature, together with that of the attorney general of the federal so as to avoid stories that touch in the nearest future.

GEJ: So you mean i am a liar? you cant take my words abi? what arrant rubbish, infact if you don't resume in the next one week, i will sack all of you and replace you with new lecturers (hmmm lecturers from the moon or from mars?)

ASUU: Hehehehe, so you think you're talking to illiterates abi? okay, we dare you to sack us all.

GEJ: I never said i'd sack you all, it was said by em, em, em, the committee of V. Chancellors...... (LOL)

Sensible Nigerians: LOL, when did the presidency become the mouthpiece of the committee of V. Chancellors?

Wonders shall never end, the presidency was once the spokeman of MEND, now speaking for V. chancellors lol...

Bro, If you followed the news in the last three weeks, you will know that GEJ didn't promise ASUU 200 Billion this year.

GEJ told them to accept the 100 billion infrastructure and 40 billion earned allowance(in which another will still be paid) .
Then he now said that starting from 2014, he will disburse 220 billion for infrastructures for a period of 5 years. This was the offer that Fagge took to his fellow lecturers and with which majority called for the strike to be called off and the office of the president respected.

Now, when Fagge replied GEJ, he brought forward new conditions that 1) FG should release 200 billion for the year 2013 for infrastructures 2) FG should pay the 4 months salary of ASUU 3) That lecturers should not be victimised even though they disrupted academic activities for 5 months.

If you were the president, wouldn't you see this new demands as a means to frustrate you?

3 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by youngice(m): 11:46pm On Nov 30, 2013
honeric01: It seems Nairaland has just been hit by a new breed of sycophants, chei.

GEJ: I have met with you ASUU in person, so go and call off the strike

ASUU: 2009 Agreement is still fresh in our memory, your govt said our demands which you and your former boss (Yaradua) agreed to were unrealistic.

GEJ: Okay, out of the N500B yearly fund, we can provide you with N200B yearly.

ASUU: Okay, we have agreed, but we prefer there is a legal tender binding us this time around with signatures from you and also from the attorney general of the federation.

GEJ: So is my word not enough to serve as a bound?

ASUU: hehehe, once beaten, 10 times shy, no sir, since you believe you are capable of carrying out these agreements, kindly put to paper your signature, together with that of the attorney general of the federal so as to avoid stories that touch in the nearest future.

GEJ: So you mean i am a liar? you cant take my words abi? what arrant rubbish, infact if you don't resume in the next one week, i will sack all of you and replace you with new lecturers (hmmm lecturers from the moon or from mars?)

ASUU: Hehehehe, so you think you're talking to illiterates abi? okay, we dare you to sack us all.

GEJ: I never said i'd sack you all, it was said by em, em, em, the committee of V. Chancellors...... (LOL)

Sensible Nigerians: LOL, when did the presidency become the mouthpiece of the committee of V. Chancellors?

Wonders shall never end, the presidency was once the spokeman of MEND, now speaking for V. chancellors lol...
you must be a god in summary. +1000 likes you to much. Explain to these niccurs for me jo

Btw how much is London used z10
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by frankyychiji(f): 11:47pm On Nov 30, 2013
theoctopus:

Is that your plan? Is that what you folks are banking on? You will be seriously disappointed.

1. You said the power privatization would not happen. It did!

2. You said the G7 governors will push GEJ out/ They couldnt

3. You said Ngige will win Anambra. He lost.

What did you say again? yeye! grin
They said the widow shd go n die. She survived and is now a millionaire grin
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Olril18(m): 11:49pm On Nov 30, 2013
12 inches!:

So according what you have posted here, the president can also wake up next year and say that the agreement signed by the minister of education is unworkable. Once beaten twice shy. If the president is truly sincere and has the interests of the students at heart, let him sign the agreement without delay. After all it shudnt take more than 30 secs for him to sign the agreement. Or what is the point of being in a meeting for 13 hrs, coming to an agreement and then now to fail to give the agreement legal backing by signing it.
both d fg and ASUU have sumtin in their sleeves they are clearly hiding...d fg is no fool,or else d document would have been signed
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:49pm On Nov 30, 2013
Chigorkizz: I See dat most people supporting d continuity of d strike are mainly workers and students dat are performing very bad in their academics.

These group of people have nothing 2 lose.The unserious student wil ever want d serious ones to go down wit dem.

You got it right. I don't know how any right thinking student would prefer to continue staying at home after 5 bloody months.

1 Like

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:50pm On Nov 30, 2013
star95:
Tife u badt o. See how u de hammer the guy.

Lol! Baba I Gentle oo. How your side na? grin grin
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by frankyychiji(f): 11:52pm On Nov 30, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: Mtchewww!

I thought you were breathing fire and brimstone earlier!

Now you have calmed down and realized you can't intimidate anyone; would you please call on the attorney general, finance minister and cbn governor to sign the damn document so that the schools will be reopened?

Mtchewww!
Mazi Omenuko d dreamer! How market?
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by theoctopus: 11:53pm On Nov 30, 2013
12 inches!:

So according what you have posted here, the president can also wake up next year and say that the agreement signed by the minister of education is unworkable. Once beaten twice shy. If the president is truly sincere and has the interests of the students at heart, let him sign the agreement without delay. After all it shudnt take more than 30 secs for him to sign the agreement. Or what is the point of being in a meeting for 13 hrs, coming to an agreement and then now to fail to give the agreement legal backing by signing it.

You still dont get it! What makes a government document valid is not the signature of the president. It is when it is gazetted! That is when it becomes "law". Please learn!
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:53pm On Nov 30, 2013
Sir-Tunechi:

now i know ure completely daft
gal park its non of ur business
you are a gal Nd you sir
are you confused?
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by frankyychiji(f): 11:54pm On Nov 30, 2013
jerrymania: for someone like the igbo smoker, cultist and killer called wike to be in jonathan's cabinet tells a lot about his presidency!
When did Tinubu join this government?

1 Like

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by dad007(m): 11:55pm On Nov 30, 2013
Stundey: @theoctopus: why are you insulting every man that expressed his/her own opinion, are they referring to you in their comments or you are just a "i will die in supporting rich man may be he will extend some mulla to my side some day".
man you need to stop this habit of yours.
DONT MIND HIM,VERY SOON HE WILL ALSO INSULT YOU.SO PLS,WHEN HE DOES,JUST IGNORE HIM.
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by star95(m): 11:59pm On Nov 30, 2013
oluafolabi:

Lol! Baba I Gentle oo. How your side na? grin grin
Fine o. Me jst de here de obseerve ni bt laugh don kill me die.
Happy Sunday to you o Jare.
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by eluquenson(m): 12:01am On Dec 01, 2013
So the Minister is now the spoke man for VCs undecided
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by lillies: 12:01am On Dec 01, 2013
oluafolabi:

Chai!!!

I think I will have to stop replying you now.

When you have full understanding of my statements and post something sensible, then I will deem you worthy of a reply.

Cheers bro!
leave that guy alone, u can see he is MAD!
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by kennypoka2(m): 12:02am On Dec 01, 2013
dabrake: Anyone who believes ASUU should be paid when they didn't work deserve to die a slow and painful death.
mumu, they were fighting for the betterment of the education sector.. u na expect them to 4get d salary of d four months they fought.. guys think na.. if they hadn't gone on strike won't d fg have paid them.. so let them b paid nw.. there is dis money, just pay them and let's resume haba..
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by honeric01(m): 12:02am On Dec 01, 2013
akereconfi:

SEE JOKE, funny pass I go die

In your right thinking mind, this is all what you can come up with.
Your brain is observing the ASUU strike with you

And in your left thinking brain, what were you able to come up with?

Your lack of reasoning is actually why ASUU should be on strike until there is a real turn around in our universities.
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by AdekunleBalogun: 12:03am On Dec 01, 2013
What a president! speaking from both sides of the mouth, this president is the greatest mistake in the history of this country. Am utterly shocked and disappointed @ the level of clueless of this mistake of a president, if the minister of education is now the spokes person for the chancellors then he can also be a spokes person for ASUU too abi. This man has brought the presidency to lowest level of incompetence, well can't really blame you I guess you are a product of a bad system.

1 Like

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Nobody: 12:03am On Dec 01, 2013
star95:
Fine o. Me jst de here de obseerve ni bt laugh don kill me die.
Happy Sunday to you o Jare.

You too brother! wink
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 01, 2013
Habidab: This thread is really disturbing,why are you guys blabing each other like this,we are all matured and we should post sense in here.please am using this means to tell those guy causing each others fathere please stop it and let peace rain.

You just "BLABBED" the whole nairaland with this your ill-constructed comment. Work on your grammar k.
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by theoctopus: 12:04am On Dec 01, 2013
AdekunleBalogun: What a president! speaking from both sides of the mouth, this president is the greatest mistake in the history of this country. Am utterly shocked and disappointed @ the level of clueless of this mistake of a president, if the minister of education is now the spokes person for the chancellors then he can also be a spokes person for ASUU too abi. This man has brought the presidency to lowest level of incompetence, well can't really blame you I guess you are a product of a bad system.

Blah Blah Blah! This your post has brought Nairaland to the lowest level of ridicule! grin

1 Like

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by frankyychiji(f): 12:06am On Dec 01, 2013
oyezed: it is not a matter of discussion, sack all lecturer, Abacha tried it when i was a student, it never worked now unstable government want to try it then let see if it will work. it is all a function of time. if a government that defied international community including the almighty U.S did not succeed in sacking the lecturer, then is it the civilian government that will make it work. however, he held a meeting with ASUU for 13 hours, they went for consultation and report back to the govt in agreement with what they discussed then the govt can no longer append signature for what he promised in 13 hours meeting, if indeed federal govt is sincere they should then sign the outcome of there 13hours meeting.
Like the boss Theoctopus said earlier on, we hv passed dt stage! Come dec 4th, heads wl roll...
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by efe2000: 12:07am On Dec 01, 2013
''our children has been at home now for the past 5month'' of course that don't include your own biological children, probably studying abroad. everything has its end. let just hope you don't spend the rest of you life wishing you would have done this or that when you were in power.
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by theoctopus: 12:09am On Dec 01, 2013
efe2000: ''our children has been at home now for the past 5month'' of course that don't include your own biological children, probably studying abroad. everything has its end. let just hope you don't spend the rest of you life wishing you would have done this or that when you were in power.

All GEJ's children attend schools in Nigeria. Prof Faggae's children attend schools in Ghana. Tell me who is fooling who?
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by frankyychiji(f): 12:09am On Dec 01, 2013
jemman:
http://www.oauife.edu.ng/
no it you who need your head checked
all i know is dat you are trying spread propaganda
i dont y you and dat octopus they take personal
Oluafolabi pls don't argue wt dis guy anymore. I cd hardly read wot he wrote.
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Hearme(m): 12:10am On Dec 01, 2013
oluafolabi:

Bro, If you followed the news in the last three weeks, you will know that GEJ didn't promise ASUU 200 Billion this year.

GEJ told them to accept the 100 billion infrastructure and 40 billion earned allowance(in which another will still be paid) .
Then he now said that starting from 2014, he will disburse 220 billion for infrastructures for a period of 5 years. This was the offer that Fagge took to his fellow lecturers and with which majority called for the strike to be called off and the office of the president respected.

Now, when Fagge replied GEJ, he brought forward new conditions that 1) FG should release 200 billion for the year 2013 for infrastructures 2) FG should pay the 4 months salary of ASUU 3) That lecturers should not be victimised even though they disrupted academic activities for 5 months.

If you were the president, wouldn't you see this new demands as a means to frustrate you?

The news has been saying nonsense long ago. Only 30billion has been released. The 100billiob Suswan claimed to have raised is a scam. Award letters were given to schools but no school have received a dime after 2months.

1 Like

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by honeric01(m): 12:10am On Dec 01, 2013
oluafolabi:

Oga, you're not the only one with a TV, we all live in Nigeria, ASUU asked the govt to pay 100B from the agreed 200B for the year 2012/2013 and then balance up next year. in doing this, ASUU asked the govt to domicile the 100B with the central bank of Nigeria and not to even give it directly to ASUU nor the lecturers. has the 100B for this year been released? NO! we have just 30 days to go, if you can't release 100B as agreed by you, why should you be taken seriously? has the 40B been released too? when i say release, i am not talking about the ones we see on the pages of newpapers, we are talking about real money.

They went on strike based on the fact that this same FG refused to honour agreement entered into by them, they didn't go on strike on their own free will. 4 years was enough for any sane govt to really show commitment if truly she wants to change things.

Now back to the new deal, has the GOVT signed any part of the deal? if they have not, then why should ASUU call off the strike? and of what benefit is it going to be for them if they do without any concrete agreement on ground? think bro, think this through!

3 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by theoctopus: 12:16am On Dec 01, 2013
honeric01:

Oga, you're not the only one with a TV, we all live in Nigeria, ASUU asked the govt to pay 100B from the agreed 200B for the year 2012/2013 and then balance up next year. in doing this, ASUU asked the govt to domicile the 100B with the central bank of Nigeria and not to even give it directly to ASUU nor the lecturers. has the 100B for this year being released? NO! we have just 30 days to go, if you can't release 100B as agreed by you, why should you be taken seriously? has the 40B been released too? when i say release, i am not talking about the ones we see on the pages of newpapers, we are talking about real money.

They went on strike based on the fact that this same FG refused to honour agreement entered into by them, they didn't go on strike on their own free will. 4 years was enough for any sane govt to really show commitment if truly she wants to change things.

Now back to the new deal, has the GOVT signed any part of the deal? if they have not, then why should ASUU call off the strike? and of what benefit is it going to be for them if they do without any concrete agreement on ground? think bro, think this through!

Sometimes I dont understand how you people just post things with so much ignorance of government procedure. Do you think GEJ can just order central bank to bring 100 billion just like that? Every expenditure for the year in budgeted. If there is a new project, the FG will have to send a supplementary budget to the NASS for approval. Why cant you guys just understand this simple thing for once. And you cannot be talking about sending a supplementary budget in November can you? We are talking of 2014 budget now, not 2013. I think part of the problem we have in this country is mass ignorance of our government works and it seem deceitful unions and parties always take advantage of that to hoodwink the gullible public

5 Likes

Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Idrismusty97(m): 12:17am On Dec 01, 2013
Your lack of reasoning is actually why ASUU
should be on strike until there is a real turn
around in our universities.

You just "BLABBED" the whole nairaland with
this your ill-constructed comment. Work on
your grammar k.

Blah Blah Blah! This your post has brought
Nairaland to the lowest level of ridicule!

Oga, you're not the only one with a TV, we all
live in Nigeria……
Wow!Guys calm down na,This is not a contest.
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by soulfood(m): 12:19am On Dec 01, 2013
Bros Jonathan. Stop looking for sympathy. They are wiling to call off the strike, just grow some cojones and sign the documents they are requesting you do. This president sha. He is not addressing the real issues.
Tolexander:
orisun
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by frankyychiji(f): 12:19am On Dec 01, 2013
Donalð Genes:

Watching you and your uncouth comments makes me conclude that you are still schooling in kindergarten school, you prattle too much here, insulting just about anybody that airs his or her opinion, Is this how you are in your home or you were not properly brought up well? Am curious
What meaningful contribution have u made to d matter under review? Pls respect intellects wen u see one. Now take ur drug n crawl into bed.
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by Ayima: 12:19am On Dec 01, 2013
theoctopus:

The problem with NL is that it is filled with too many dunces. What did the president say differently? So you cant understand simple English. He is talking procedure. That is a man who knows due process and rule of law and makes his statement accordingly. Where you expecting him to talk like an illiterate Buhari. grin grin grin

He just told you procedure. That is how the information flows. Even when it is the president's directive, it doesnt have to be issued by the president. He didnt tell you that the report was wrong or that he was not in support. He told you due process and how it works. Most of you are not used to having an educated president so you always expect to hear "go and die"! grin
Thank you very much,our problem is that we don't know how to read critically,simple english throw us yakata.That's why we will continue to fail waec and jamb because if u can't evaluate a simple sentence then forget it you will never pass english.Thank you again,you must be a very good student.
Re: FG Didnt Give ASUU Ultimatum – Jonathan by ceecee93: 12:20am On Dec 01, 2013
ASUU! ASUU! ASUU!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Free Exam Portal Answer For WAEC,NECO, NABTEB &JAMB / What Can Make You Treat Your Pen This Way? #Hilarious photo / JAMB Admission Status Out... Jamb.org.ng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.