Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,810 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China (85930 Views)

‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) / What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: / Shipping Goods From Usa To Nigeria - Which Is The Cheapest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by cnwamo(m): 12:36pm On Dec 17, 2013
@poster please how can I send something from nigeria to china
I'm currently in china and I need somethings sent down to me here in shenyang china.
Please if you know anyone or way to send something down that isn't too expensive let me know
Thanks.
cnwamo@yahoo.com

P.S my family lives in lag.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by embsyNEWS: 12:55pm On Dec 17, 2013
Good Work @fatai2. Your post is coming just at the right time for me. It has taken more than2 years since my last post. Has just been a Guest observing.
Please my company(which I solely own) wants to move massively into Tablets and mini Laptops. I marketed it for a friend last year and surprisingly customers like the products and we didn't have any returned till date. So I have been making research as to the best way of bringing 60-100 Tableats and 40-80 Mini Laptop per month. I know alibaba looks better to order than aliexpress and I always have other branded Laptop product to sell so I can patiently wait. Please what the best (budget friendly) procedure for this transaction and bringing the product to Port Harcourt.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by YoungWiseCash: 1:11pm On Dec 17, 2013
embsyNEWS: Good Work @fatai2. Your post is coming just at the right time for me. It has taken more than2 years since my last post. Has just been a Guest observing.
Please my company(which I solely own) wants to move massively into Tablets and mini Laptops. I marketed it for a friend last year and surprisingly customers like the products and we didn't have any returned till date. So I have been making research as to the best way of bringing 60-100 Tableats and 40-80 Mini Laptop per month. I know alibaba looks better to order than aliexpress and I always have other branded Laptop product to sell so I can patiently wait. Please what the best (budget friendly) procedure for this transaction and bringing the product to Port Harcourt.
hi, please where do you order the product u ar currently selling. I need to get some clue for my own business. I will be glad if you assist me. Thanks
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by goodtalk(m): 1:31pm On Dec 17, 2013
mcgman025:
Sorry oo, Anyway there are other ways of making payment from Nigeria to china. It is tested and trusted because have been using the service since 2009. It’s a little scary at the begging but it worth trying if you really want to save the bank charges and expensive shipping cost to Nigeria.
Thou at the begging it is not advisable to start with them with huge amount of money because you will need time to study how the system works but I'm sure once you get use to their services, you will be able to make some profit and saving for your business.

Send money from Nigeria and get it in china within 24hrs.

Also there are some Nigerians owned shipping company here in china that will not charge you a penny for shipment from china to Nigeria, you will make payment at their warehouse / office in Lagos after you check and confirmed the arrival of your goods.

If you are interested, I can provide more information….Cheers.

am interested pls provide more information. it would actually be better to inspect your goods on arrival before making payment at the warehouse.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by fatai2: 5:56pm On Dec 17, 2013
cnwamo: @poster please how can I send something from nigeria to china
I'm currently in china and I need somethings sent down to me here in shenyang china.
Please if you know anyone or way to send something down that isn't too expensive let me know
Thanks.
cnwamo@yahoo.com

Try SKY cargo Guangzhou on
cnwamo: @poster please how can I send something from nigeria to china
Thanks.
cnwamo@yahoo.com

@cnwamo, try SKY Cargo on +8613560453493 in Guangzhou. Is a chinese company but known for air cargo to Nigeria.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by fatai2: 10:43pm On Dec 17, 2013
okwele 1: am new to this imort bizness, i want to import home appliances like fans, pressing iron etc from china.

I ve 100k to start in small quantity, am a housewife.

What do u advice & ve been following this thread. Thanks

My sister its possible but bear in mind that u can't Import goods like pressing iron and fan by air cargo. It has to be by sea cargo bcouse of there weight. If u are interested in fan, I will advise u to try solar fans and target march to july, 2014.

If u need more info don't hesitate to ask, we are here 2 help pple grow.Best of luck
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by fatai2: 10:57pm On Dec 17, 2013
trillville:

Honorable fatai, thanks for the good job you are doing, please can you categorically state what happens it you purchase an item from alibaba using T/T or western union. I am about to make a purchase of over 1 million and it will be a shame to lose my money. The salesman seems honest but then who knows what his game plan is.

I have already asked him about escrow services and he said it was not possible. He also informed me that it will take about 25 working days to get my goods produced, so I should expect to wait for close to two months to get my products here in Nigeria. Please I need your advice.

Dear friend, I keep telling people here to avoid TT or western union payment to alibaba traders. Infact alibaba request u to report the seller to them. So never make that mistake.

If u have such amount to do business with him, offer to establish LC to them. In that. Way its between ur bank and his, so nobody can cheat anybody.

Alternatively, u can change another supplier with escrow payment method on alibaba. Bye
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by fatai2: 11:21pm On Dec 17, 2013
perfectgen: Bro, you are doing a very good job. I am thinking of ordering USB flash drives from China, do you advise that I buy it directly from alibaba or that someone helps me do the buying; even though I don't know anybody presently and what is the shipping modalities for flash drive? Like how much would it cost for say shipping 500 pieces?

I can't advise u to buy flash drives and memory cards from china online. Its highly risky.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by darmochy1(m): 11:44pm On Dec 17, 2013
embsyNEWS: Good Work @fatai2. Your post is coming just at the right time for me. It has taken more than2 years since my last post. Has just been a Guest observing.

I see you already have a rough idea of the whole process. The first step is just to get a good supplier on alibaba- someone that offers you the best price, a gold supplier who has been around for good number of years and who accepts escrow for payment protection.

For shipping, try to research for a reliable shipping agent. You can try chrisvicmall for this purpose (chrisvicmall dot com). They are d only one I can think of for now

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by darmochy1(m): 11:52pm On Dec 17, 2013
Young-Wise-Cash:
I want to start importing laptops and other gadgets 4rm China in large quantity like 100pcs. What the reliable shipping mean to use to avoid custom duties and charges? Thanks.

From my experience, the best way to avoid custom's intervention is to use a third party for shipping. If you use the shipping method offered by the seller, you will surely pay customs duties because 100 pcs is a large quantity.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by darmochy1(m): 11:56pm On Dec 17, 2013
Once you see a supplier telling you he doesn't support escrow, that's a RED light. So run with your legs touching the back of your head. The OP has already clarified this issue well enough.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by bashorundon(m): 2:15am On Dec 18, 2013
GoodMorning all. Kindly help
please. What post-office code is NGABEO? I hope they arent taking my package elsewhere. I'm in Ota. Thanks in advance. RF183943475SG.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by Nobody: 3:34am On Dec 18, 2013
inikamoze:

Please we would be glad to get the info from you. We need reliable shippers in Nigeria/China that can handle not only large quantity of goods but also little quantities as some people can afford. Bless us with the info. Tnx

Yes there are many companies that can handle little quantities of goods from china to Nigeria but AOL Global is tested and trusted. they have a huge warehouse in china also in Nigeria. Have been dealing with them since 2009.

For Air Cargo / Shipping Office in China
GuangZhou Office
Room 901, 9/Fl., YuanJing Building, No.899, SanYuanLi Ave., Guangzhou, China

Contact List
Office Tel: 86-20-22356850~3 , 86-20-22356373
Fax no: 86-20-22356854
Ademola: 86-13924134847, 86-13640860827
Jimmy: 86-13642764600, 86-13710384047
Anayo: 86-13924232040, 86-13535452084
Wole Steve: 86-13719447900, 86-13724031404
For packing List / Bill of Laden : aolglobalcargo@aolglobalgroup.com, enquiry@aolglobalgroup.com

http://www.aolglobalgroup.com

Yi Wu Office
Room202, 2/Fl., Unit2 Building 3, Changchun Districts, Yi Wu City, Zhejiang

Contact List
Tel:86-579-85597560 Fax:86-579-85597569
Mr. Anayo 86-13732421027, 13924232040; Mr. Afeez: 86-13906890449

Electronic Product Contact in Nigeria
Head Office
Mr. Teslim Olagunju
No.3 Tonade Street, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
Tel: 234-8023540257 , 080-58022651, 080-28300197
Adebimpe Tel:080-28300197, 080-37697680
Abeokuta Office
Mr. Kehinde
5, Kwari Road, Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria Tel:080-25668870
Before dealing with them, you can visit their office in lagos to ask more question regarding your future shipment.

Note: I'm not by any chance connected with the company, provided information based on my past experience with their services.
I wish you all the best....cheers.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by Asemo11(m): 4:13am On Dec 18, 2013
mcgman025:

You can order it direct from alibaba but make sure that you choose escrow as a payment option. No matter how good is the offer, please don't send western union or bank transfer to any online suppliers/sellers. also make sure you cross check all the USB drive before you release the escrow payment confirmation to the seller because USB Flash drivers is like a black market, you might order 100pcs of which only 15 actually works so be careful...cheers.
what about memory cards
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by Nobody: 4:43am On Dec 18, 2013
Asemo11: what about memory cards

I think same problem goes to memory cards. the problem caused by mass production, some of the chinese manufacturer don't have a good quality control over their products. if you search very well you will see a good supplier but the price might be little higher...

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by mayorall(m): 7:43am On Dec 18, 2013
mcgman025:

Yes there are many companies that can handle little quantities of goods from china to Nigeria but AOL Global is tested and trusted. they have a huge warehouse in china also in Nigeria. Have been dealing with them since 2009.

For Air Cargo / Shipping Office in China
GuangZhou Office
Room 901, 9/Fl., YuanJing Building, No.899, SanYuanLi Ave., Guangzhou, China

Contact List
Office Tel: 86-20-22356850~3 , 86-20-22356373
Fax no: 86-20-22356854
Ademola: 86-13924134847, 86-13640860827
Jimmy: 86-13642764600, 86-13710384047
Anayo: 86-13924232040, 86-13535452084
Wole Steve: 86-13719447900, 86-13724031404
For packing List / Bill of Laden : aolglobalcargo@aolglobalgroup.com, enquiry@aolglobalgroup.com

http://www.aolglobalgroup.com

Yi Wu Office
Room202, 2/Fl., Unit2 Building 3, Changchun Districts, Yi Wu City, Zhejiang

Contact List
Tel:86-579-85597560 Fax:86-579-85597569
Mr. Anayo 86-13732421027, 13924232040; Mr. Afeez: 86-13906890449

Electronic Product Contact in Nigeria
Head Office
Mr. Teslim Olagunju
No.3 Tonade Street, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
Tel: 234-8023540257 , 080-58022651, 080-28300197
Adebimpe Tel:080-28300197, 080-37697680
Abeokuta Office
Mr. Kehinde
5, Kwari Road, Abeokuta, Ogun State, Nigeria Tel:080-25668870
Before dealing with them, you can visit their office in lagos to ask more question regarding your future shipment.

Note: I'm not by any chance connected with the company, provided information based on my past experience with their services.
I wish you all the best....cheers.

Thanks for the recommendation. But how much do they charge per kg for air freight, what's the duration, what's their minimum weight?.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by shinaf: 7:54am On Dec 18, 2013
mayorall:

i think someone should test run the site..and please give more info on it...though have mail them on the question mayor asked

Thanks for the recommendation. But how much do they charge per kg for air freight, what's the duration, what's their minimum weight?.

mayorall:

mayorall:

Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by Ymodulus: 12:06pm On Dec 18, 2013
mayorall:

Very important question.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by shinaf: 12:27pm On Dec 18, 2013
i still don't understand the anwser given to me by aolglobal group THANK you so much for your fast reply .....but am still confused on some term of your shipment ...........dhl base on kg.. i don't understand the word CB OR NON - CB.. PLEASE can you expatiate on the
As we all know the goods we separate CB and NON-CB in Nigeria see below:
By air price: USD 5/KG more than 10kg,the clearing fee CB is N300/KG,NON-CB is N280/kg;
By sea price: USD 130/CBM, CB is N50000/CBM;NON-CB is N30000/CBM;as for the personal container we will according to your goods
Ymodulus:

Very important question.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by perfectgen(m): 2:23pm On Dec 18, 2013
fatai2:

I can't advise u to buy flash drives and memory cards from china online. Its highly risky.

My Oga, Thanks so much for the advice. What if I get a company that can do Escrow so that I can personally confirm the quality of the flash before agreeing that they release the funds. What other options do I have for buying the flash rather than online
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by fatai2: 9:06pm On Dec 18, 2013
shinaf: i still don't understand the anwser given to me by aolglobal group THANK you so much for your fast reply .....but am still confused on some term of your shipment ...........dhl base on kg.. i don't understand the word CB OR NON - CB.. PLEASE can you expatiate on the
As we all know the goods we separate CB and NON-CB in Nigeria see below:
By air price: USD 5/KG more than 10kg,the clearing fee CB is N300/KG,NON-CB is N280/kg;
By sea price: USD 130/CBM, CB is N50000/CBM;NON-CB is N30000/CBM;as for the personal container we will according to your goods

CB- Means Contraband (Illegal to import goods)
NON CB- means Non-contraband (Legal to import goods).
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by fatai2: 9:09pm On Dec 18, 2013
perfectgen:

My Oga, Thanks so much for the advice. What if I get a company that can do Escrow so that I can personally confirm the quality of the flash before agreeing that they release the funds. What other options do I have for buying the flash rather than online

You can start with small order to test there quality first, another way you can also check buyers feedback in that particular store u are interested in.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by perfectgen(m): 9:27pm On Dec 18, 2013
fatai2:

You can start with small order to test there quality first, another way you can also check buyers feedback in that particular store u are interested in.

Boss, thank you so much for your advice. In order to play safe, I am thinking of ordering it directly from aliexpress. Although the price seems higher, I feel it is a more secured way of transacting. What is your take on my using aliexpress? Is it safer as they claim that they will refund money if I don't get my purchase? I am thinking of buying 200 pieces as a test run which I feel is small in line with your advice.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by Holyrule(m): 9:55pm On Dec 18, 2013
yemi2plus:
Hi, I'll like to apply for the ACCESS bank Visa card. I already have UBA Africard and GTbank MasterCard. But I'll like to confirm somethings from you first.
1. Do I need to have an account with them before the card can be issued to me?
2. How much do they charge per dollar?
3. Are there extra charges? As in, do they charge 2.7% of your total transaction online just like UBA?
Please, I'll like you to answer these questions before I take the next step. Thanks.
My GTBank naira master card has nevrr disappointed me for one day....how can u have it n ur looking for anoda...
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by yemi2plus(m): 9:57pm On Dec 18, 2013
Holyrule:
My GTBank naira master card has nevrr disappointed me for one day....how can u have it n ur looking for anoda...
Lol. The cheaper the better. Imagine, 2100 for token. When I can open a new account with less than that amount.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by shinaf: 2:53am On Dec 19, 2013
fatai2:

CB- Means Contraband (Illegal to import goods)
NON CB- means Non-contraband (Legal to import goods).
Thanks man the AOL of a tinz...after several mail no conclusion reached from them.....you know how they work ?
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by Holyrule(m): 4:30am On Dec 19, 2013
yemi2plus:
Lol. The cheaper the better. Imagine, 2100 for token. When I can open a new account with less than that amount.
Token is for ur security bro.....Even Access Bank issue token too....
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by CherryBZB(f): 4:54am On Dec 19, 2013
[size=8pt][/size]hello,friends,

i am a spray booth manufacturer in China,if anything about shipping cost,CIF/CAF/EXW/FOB question,feel free to tell me.

we could offer air express and shipping by sea service.

moreover,we would like to be your sincere friend!welcome for mail me about anything u wanna to know about China and China Exporting to Nigeria!

Cherry YOKI
Top Sale
Guangzhou YOKI Machinery Manufacoturing Co.,Ltd,
Tel:+86-13066349312
Mail/MSN:cherry@yokijx.com
www.yoki-spraybooth.com
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by mrspeaker: 7:06am On Dec 19, 2013
[quote][/quote]
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by jackson44(m): 8:07am On Dec 19, 2013
bashorundon: GoodMorning all. Kindly help
please. What post-office code is NGABEO? I hope they arent taking my package elsewhere. I'm in Ota. Thanks in advance. RF183943475SG.
Abeokuta from there they may dispatch to otta.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by Tompeters(m): 9:48am On Dec 19, 2013
[b][/b]PLEASE ANYONE TO ADVICE ME ON BRAZILLIAN HAIR BUSINESS IF IT STILL SELLS WELL ? Is it a good business to start ?PLEASE ANYONE TO ADVICE ME ON BRAZILLIAN HAIR BUSINESS IF IT STILL SELLS WELL ? Is it a good business to start ?PLEASE ANYONE TO ADVICE ME ON BRAZILLIAN HAIR BUSINESS IF IT STILL SELLS WEll

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

BVN - How To Link Your BVN To Your Other Bank Accounts Online Or By Sms / Another Millions Of Rotten And Decay Naira Notes Discovered In A Private Home / Forex, Foreign stocks and indices Traders Research Room/Lab -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.