Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,379 members, 7,812,107 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China (85853 Views)

‘ghosts’ Set Shops Ablaze In Anambra Over High Cost Of Goods (photo) / What Kind Of Goods Are In Demand In Nigeria: / Shipping Goods From Usa To Nigeria - Which Is The Cheapest? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by fatai2: 6:06pm On Dec 16, 2013
perfectgen: How much does it take to travel to China and where do they apply for the visa. Likewise, considering the language barrier, what are the chances of a English speaking guy to get good purchases from there; particularly electronics?

You need about N500k for visa, return ticket and cost of living for a 14days trip. Gud luck
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by fatai2: 6:08pm On Dec 16, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa:

ok.
Can u suggest any kind of biz?
Maybe phones, cameras, wristwatches, cloths, electronics importation.
And how do I start?

@Okiki_Oluwa, always try somthin different frm what pple do. I suggest something like good quality power bank for U! Gud luck
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by fatai2: 7:54pm On Dec 16, 2013
FatherAbrahamm: i am on a paid job but i am considering leaving to start business.

i plan to visit china next year. i have a passport but has never travelled before.

someone told me to get chinese visa for my virgin passport is near impossible or better still i should keep N450,000 ang go through agents!

is there no way i can process the visa cheaper maybe via the normal process even if it takes a while?

please advise me on china visa application. dos and donts. pros and cons.

The best way to china visa on virgin passport is to try through ur chambers of commerce, because they travel to china canton fair for oct?nov and apr/may sessions.

Another possible way is through Min of Foriegn affairs.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by fatai2: 7:57pm On Dec 16, 2013
Sirjohn84: Tanx alot for this great piece of powerful information.plz i am deep interseted.in doin in importation business..but i am based in Ughelli,Delta state..can i get my goods here?..n if yes,how do i go about it?.plz help me o

Dear frnd, Follow the thread from the top, u will really get the info. bye
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by fatai2: 7:59pm On Dec 16, 2013
arimahoseloka: Hello, pls i want to know d cheapest debit card payment to use in Nigeria, d last time i used gtb, i was charged 168 per dollar. This is just madness and exploitation. Uba also charge about that same amount and they will still collect money for transaction fees. Smh, only in naija, only in naija...

Try Firstbank.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by fatai2: 8:05pm On Dec 16, 2013
solelymade: Hi faatai2, nice work ure doing here. Pls I would like to know if I can avoid clearing agents on large consigment from start to finish. Nd is it advisable to import without going there to inspect the consignment or getting someone to do d inspection.

I dont think is easy to import without clearing agent. But if u really know the charges, nobody can cheat u.

You can get inspection agent on alibaba to inspect ur goods and provide u with independent report base on your proforma invoice agreement with the seller/manufacturer at the range of 100 to 200usd per day.

gud luck.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by fatai2: 8:15pm On Dec 16, 2013
blackeli: How much averagely is the freight time ( shipping) from China to lagos?2. What products can one import to Nigeria and make 100% profit on sales? I've got 50 million naira to trade, would need consultancy, whats your cost to consult?

@Blackeli,

First of all what we are saying here is free of charge.

We cannot count goods that u can import to Nigeria from china and makes 100% margin. I will advise u to pick a line of business u have passion for.

If you have passion for building materials, i will advise u to try stainless steels handrails(for stairs and balcony) if u can create the market. Best of luck
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by fatai2: 8:31pm On Dec 16, 2013
portable11: pls oo biko am just a young lady who wants to start a life after service and joblessness, pls will need a guide on how to import cloths,bags and shoes from china and can i do this with 170k am pls i really need reliable and trustworthy help to go about it.thanks

First, try search the sellers of ur goods on aliexpress dot com, negotiate the price and add something like N1,200 per 1kg (average cost of air cargo to lagos) to the total cost of ur goods. Also look at your target price in Nigeria to see if your profit margin is ok for u. If u re satisfied let me know. gud luck sis.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by fatai2: 8:34pm On Dec 16, 2013
mmi-mahbub:
Hello, Please am new in business and I am interested in importation from China. My budget is around N300k. What do you suggest I start with?

What do u have in mind and where is ur location?
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by fatai2: 8:44pm On Dec 16, 2013
ogene70: @ op,
thanks for this useful information, please what is the shipping cost of a 20 foot container from Gaungzhou to lagos and what is the estimated time of arrival?
thanks in advance.

30 to 40days. shipping cost of 20f is within 2,500 to 3,000usd.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by oln: 8:47pm On Dec 16, 2013
Please fatai2 and others answer me oo;

I want to import a few home accessories from Malaysia into Nigeria.Any help people of any reliable shipping or better still airspace freight companies that ply that route
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by okwele1(f): 9:00pm On Dec 16, 2013
am new to this imort bizness, i want to import home appliances like fans, pressing iron etc from china.

I ve 100k to start in small quantity, am a housewife.

What do u advice & ve been following this thread. Thanks
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by OkikiOluwa1(m): 9:24pm On Dec 16, 2013
fatai2:

@Okiki_Oluwa, always try somthin different frm what pple do. I suggest something like good quality power bank for U! Gud luck
Pls what's power bank?
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by portable11: 9:44pm On Dec 16, 2013
Oh thanks so much,will definatly get back to u
fatai2:

First, try search the sellers of ur goods on aliexpress dot com, negotiate the price and add something like N1,200 per 1kg (average cost of air cargo to lagos) to the total cost of ur goods. Also look at your target price in Nigeria to see if your profit margin is ok for u. If u re satisfied let me know. gud luck sis.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by EbongAbas(m): 10:14pm On Dec 16, 2013
For almost a month & 2 weeks nw, vent rcv my product from aliexpress. Dont know who is keeping it & y? help pls
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by omoayeni1(m): 10:18pm On Dec 16, 2013
portable11: Where in ibadan cos dats where i reside and pls can u help in d'buying along with with sending it.thanks

Am at orita challenge,you can call to know more.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by Nobody: 12:22am On Dec 17, 2013
Pls drop your contact I want to start exprot biz so I am gathering some knowledge
fatai2:

The simplest way is to check through alibaba dot com, but check those with full address, phone n0, escrow payment method. But always avoid making payment by TT and western union to them.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by trillville(m): 3:20am On Dec 17, 2013
fatai2: Hello All,

I will like to give free information for anybody wishing to import any goods from any angle of China to Nigeria or any African countries.

Gud luck!

Honorable fatai, thanks for the good job you are doing, please can you categorically state what happens it you purchase an item from alibaba using T/T or western union. I am about to make a purchase of over 1 million and it will be a shame to lose my money. The salesman seems honest but then who knows what his game plan is.

I have already asked him about escrow services and he said it was not possible. He also informed me that it will take about 25 working days to get my goods produced, so I should expect to wait for close to two months to get my products here in Nigeria. Please I need your advice.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by perfectgen(m): 4:16am On Dec 17, 2013
Bro, you are doing a very good job. I am thinking of ordering USB flash drives from China, do you advise that I buy it directly from alibaba or that someone helps me do the buying; even though I don't know anybody presently and what is the shipping modalities for flash drive? Like how much would it cost for say shipping 500 pieces?
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by YoungWiseCash: 6:04am On Dec 17, 2013
I want to start importing laptops and other gadgets 4rm China in large quantity like 100pcs. What the reliable shipping mean to use to avoid custom duties and charges? Thanks.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by NnamdiN: 6:58am On Dec 17, 2013
trillville:

Honorable fatai, thanks for the good job you are doing, please can you categorically state what happens it you purchase an item from alibaba using T/T or western union. I am about to make a purchase of over 1 million and it will be a shame to lose my money. The salesman seems honest but then who knows what his game plan is.

I have already asked him about escrow services and he said it was not possible. He also informed me that it will take about 25 working days to get my goods produced, so I should expect to wait for close to two months to get my products here in Nigeria. Please I need your advice.
if/when you use T/T or western union and anything goes wrong, your money is gone and there's nothing alibaba can do to recover your money. Escrow is still the best. I suggest you search for a different supplier
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by trillville(m): 7:01am On Dec 17, 2013
NnamdiN: if/when you use T/T or western union and anything goes wrong, your money is gone and there's nothing alibaba can do to recover your money. Escrow is still the best. I suggest you search for a different supplier

Thank you.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by NnamdiN: 9:12am On Dec 17, 2013
trillville:

Thank you.
anytime boss. The best way to deal with only suppliers with Gold membership and escrow is to mark the boxes after your search result must have appeared. That way, it screens out non-gold members and those that do not accept escrow.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by mayorall(m): 9:40am On Dec 17, 2013
trillville:

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] don't try it. Use third party instead or tell the supplier to release his company aliexpress link so you make payment via aliexpress.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by trillville(m): 9:42am On Dec 17, 2013
mayorall:

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] don't try it. Use third party instead or tell the supplier to release his company aliexpress link so you make payment via aliexpress.

Okay, I will do that. Thanks a lot guys.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 17, 2013
owang: @Fatai2, I have burnt my fingers wth Alibaba traders & even the GTB charges on T/T is too much for me. Pls can U let me know other cheaper means of payment & give me information on cheaper shipment for small scale trader.

Thanks.
Sorry oo, Anyway there are other ways of making payment from Nigeria to china. It is tested and trusted because have been using the service since 2009. It’s a little scary at the begging but it worth trying if you really want to save the bank charges and expensive shipping cost to Nigeria.
Thou at the begging it is not advisable to start with them with huge amount of money because you will need time to study how the system works but I'm sure once you get use to their services, you will be able to make some profit and saving for your business.

Send money from Nigeria and get it in china within 24hrs.

Also there are some Nigerians owned shipping company here in china that will not charge you a penny for shipment from china to Nigeria, you will make payment at their warehouse / office in Lagos after you check and confirmed the arrival of your goods.

If you are interested, I can provide more information….Cheers.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 17, 2013
trillville:

Please be careful in dealing with suppliers through Alibaba or any online b2b website from china. Escrow is the best option for you to dealing with online suppliers. I knew of three Nigerians that were scammed through the western union and bank transfer, please be very careful. I felt sad to see our peoples get scammed. If you need help to verify suppliers from china, I can help you.

I'm working with a construction equipment manufacturer company in china, which exposed me to different way of dealing with Chinese suppliers. Here is our company website. www.hanvyzj.com
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 17, 2013
mike58: Hello Thanks for setting up this nice thread @fatai

First week of january i intend buying a feed machine from a company in china, i interact through e-mails with thier marketing agent. My question is what are the necessary requirement i will need to clear my package because i asked them to send it to apapa port. thanks i anticipate ur swift reply as this is my first time importing
thanks
For a first time importers, I think the best way is to safe your self from dealing with clearing stresses especially in apapa port. There are many companies here in china that can help you ship your goods to Nigeria and do the clearing for you. There is option of payment on arrival of which after you confirmed that your goods and every thing is in intact, you make your payment. All you need is to search for the shipping company or I can help you with their contacts and address in Nigeria/china. Tell your supplier to quote you in FOB. Most of Nigeria owned shipping companies located in Guangzhou province of china or Yiwu City.
The process, Find the shipper, get your shipper warehouse address. Tell your supplier to quote you FOB price to your shipper address. Your shipper will ship the goods to Nigeria for you.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 17, 2013
perfectgen: Bro, you are doing a very good job. I am thinking of ordering USB flash drives from China, do you advise that I buy it directly from alibaba or that someone helps me do the buying; even though I don't know anybody presently and what is the shipping modalities for flash drive? Like how much would it cost for say shipping 500 pieces?

You can order it direct from alibaba but make sure that you choose escrow as a payment option. No matter how good is the offer, please don't send western union or bank transfer to any online suppliers/sellers. also make sure you cross check all the USB drive before you release the escrow payment confirmation to the seller because USB Flash drivers is like a black market, you might order 100pcs of which only 15 actually works so be careful...cheers.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 17, 2013
ogene70: @ op,
thanks for this useful information, please what is the shipping cost of a 20 foot container from Gaungzhou to lagos and what is the estimated time of arrival?
thanks in advance.

As the Chinese New Year is approaching, the shipping charges are a little getting higher. Presently the 20GP Containers will cost 2700USD from Qingdao port china to apapa lagos Nigeria. I can help you confirm the Guangzhou port tomorrow if its very urgent for you...cheers.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by Nobody: 11:43am On Dec 17, 2013
olaolaking: I have something I want to buy from China. But the problem is that the shipping cost is too high, higher than what i was buying. Please what do you think I can do in this case?

There are many companies here in china that can help you ship your goods to Nigeria and do the port clearing, also there is option of payment on arrival in which after you confirmed that your goods and every thing is in intact, you make your payment. All you need is to search for the shipping company or I can help you with their contacts and address in Nigeria/china. Tell your supplier to quote you in FOB most of Nigeria owned shipping companies located in Guangzhou province or Yiwu City.
The process, Find the shipper, get your shipper warehouse address. Tell your supplier to quote you FOB price to your shipper address. Your shipper will ship the goods to Nigeria and do the port clearing.
Re: Ask Me Anything On Importation Of Goods From China by inikamoze(m): 11:45am On Dec 17, 2013
mcgman025:
Sorry oo, Anyway there are other ways of making payment from Nigeria to china. It is tested and trusted because have been using the service since 2009. It’s a little scary at the begging but it worth trying if you really want to save the bank charges and expensive shipping cost to Nigeria.
Thou at the begging it is not advisable to start with them with huge amount of money because you will need time to study how the system works but I'm sure once you get use to their services, you will be able to make some profit and saving for your business.

Send money from Nigeria and get it in china within 24hrs.

Also there are some Nigerians owned shipping company here in china that will not charge you a penny for shipment from china to Nigeria, you will make payment at their warehouse / office in Lagos after you check and confirmed the arrival of your goods.

If you are interested, I can provide more information….Cheers.

Please we would be glad to get the info from you. We need reliable shippers in Nigeria/China that can handle not only large quantity of goods but also little quantities as some people can afford. Bless us with the info. Tnx

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Femi Otedola Sleeps For 10 Hours In A Day / BVN - How To Link Your BVN To Your Other Bank Accounts Online Or By Sms / Another Millions Of Rotten And Decay Naira Notes Discovered In A Private Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.