Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,001 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) (51110 Views)

'Go And Die' Widow Get Letter Of Appointment. [photo] / Oshiomhole Donates N2m To 'Go And Die' Widow / PDP Rescues "Go And Die" Widow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) by iamdhebuck(m): 10:39pm On Dec 02, 2013
tomakint:
Some cool millions are on the way, thank you bro wink
Lol,clowns full this site sha
Re: Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) by lineal: 10:41pm On Dec 02, 2013
screenagerjoe: I rili nee urgent help, just like dt widow. . . . . .www.nairaland.com/1539968/urgent-want-suprise

Werey. I checked your thread. Move to Joke section. grin
Re: Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) by biodunid: 10:41pm On Dec 02, 2013
Sebi Adams is still a widower and the mama sef na widow so why not apply the solution the Prophet would have applied?
Re: Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) by delerx(m): 10:41pm On Dec 02, 2013
Beaf!:
Is that the 'poor' widow's apartment?
Am confused oooo. Poor widow with leather seat
Re: Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) by Abbott(m): 10:42pm On Dec 02, 2013
Though applause-worthy, this situation can be likened to a husband that beats his wife up and apologise later on with make-up sex or gift. It is abominable. Yet, he came to the awareness that he erred and made amend. But he cannot keep up with this style.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) by mymadam(m): 10:42pm On Dec 02, 2013
doncaster: Why is that woman wearing the same skirt and blouse of three weeks ago?

She is (sorry was) the 'Poor widow'... have you already forgotten? God bless Nigeria.
Re: Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) by charlesazeh(m): 10:43pm On Dec 02, 2013
f
Beaf!:
Is that the 'poor' widow's apartment?

bros you de plan to go move d 2milla? no tink am ooo, na oshio office be dat oo and the widow don park comot for her former area as the money just enter....she don lost for one side... grin

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) by lineal: 10:46pm On Dec 02, 2013
rapsodeep: Abeg sumbody... tell me wetin dem dey drink? abi na customised agbo

grin Agbo ko, ontuu ni.
Re: Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) by lineal: 10:50pm On Dec 02, 2013
biomedixexcel:
He's only a human and he immediately apologized. you can do more than he did to the woman

Lie! He did not immediately apologise! He was shamed into it by incessant public outrage and private scolding by his humiliated children and members of his own party. He can go and die. Fake bastard.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) by lastpage: 10:52pm On Dec 02, 2013
noblejames: Politics aside, I mean PDP or APC whatever, I'm just thinking about the woman at the center, I mean God works in ways humans cannot comprehend and that is why He is God. Come to think of it, what if this woman was obedient to the law and stayed at home? Whatever that is going on now will not come in existence. Another thing, what if Osho saw her and had pitiful wish on her and said woman don't do this again I understand you are widow so be careful go your way, nobody would have known that he met her. What if the PDP didn't make it a political issue? And what if there is nothing like social media to broadcast what happened? Just because Osho said go and die, which is just like a common language among Nigerians, I mean an everyday language. Now go and die has become "go and live". My advice is that whatever that happens on our way we should wait and see what God wants to workout of it. "For all things work for good to them that love God and .............

smith_sydny: God bless u and bless u and bless..I tld some one dis now..the ways of God are not the ways of men..God can change our lives in anyway he chooses..wats ur name on fbk let's be frnds..I like pple like u..mine is smith iceboxberry..asap

Hmmm....
First, let me say l appreciate both of you above. I can relate with your post in every sense THOUGH l beg to disagree or hold a divergent angle to your own perspective on the issue. I am going to do these in the same line of "What if's" that you both used:
I know we Nigerians are very emotional, sentimental and religious and we like to take solace in "Na so God want am" but....

What if Edo state (and Nigeria as a whole) has a welfare system whereby small stipend is paid to widows like this woman, to take care of their needs, will she have need to do road-side hawking?

What if the market stalls in Edo state have not been allocated to cronies and friends who resell them at exorbitant prices, would this widow be in a position to be told to "Go and Die" as a road-side trader?!

What if the widow actually felt so bad about this "personal insult and encouragement to suicide" ... and she "Go and died" (suicide)?

What if poeple like Oshiomole, who wield power for the sake of power, have empathy and sympathy for the millions of widows in their state and have put in place measures to assist then financially, would it have taken "social media-opprobium" for Oshiomole to know his statement was acutely wicked?

What if this woman has been offered a job by Edo sate Govt, before this episode, will we be here praising Oshiomole for his "Go and Die largesse"?

What if the Governors convoy has run-her-over as some Govt convoys have done to some people, will you be thanking God for her life now?

What if we live in a society where crime and criminals like thieving Politicians are severely punished, dont you think Nigeria's resources are enough to cater for such widows for life? after all, less endowed nations take good care of their widows and veterans while ours die in poverty?

Finally, what happens to the other million-widows who are not "fortunate enough" to be rapaciously assaulted by the "Oga at the Top" ..and given a token for taking it on the cheek? Should they await their turn (or verbal assault) and be disobedient to street-trading laws or should they just die of hunger?

Success is not built on a platform of "trial and error" but by a continuous application of focused and guided "policies" which can only be implemented by those in power.
God gave us ...and made us "higher animals", with superior intelligence than Goats, for a reason: He needs to be allowed to rest (after 7days work) so that we can do some "basic thinking and decision making" ......ON OUR OWN!

Lastpage!

7 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) by ChiSun27(m): 10:55pm On Dec 02, 2013
noblejames: Politics aside, I mean PDP or APC whatever, I'm just thinking about the woman at the center, I mean God works in ways humans cannot comprehend and that is why He is God. Come to think of it, what if this woman was obedient to the law and stayed at home? Whatever that is going on now will not come in existence. Another thing, what if Osho saw her and had pitiful wish on her and said woman don't do this again I understand you are widow so be careful go your way, nobody would have known that he met her. What if the PDP didn't make it a political issue? And what if there is nothing like social media to broadcast what happened? Just because Osho said go and die, which is just like a common language among Nigerians, I mean an everyday language. Now go and die has become "go and live". My advice is that whatever that happens on our way we should wait and see what God wants to workout of it. "For all things work for good to them that love God and .............

Best comment on this thread....tripple tuale for u.
Re: Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) by luvinhubby(m): 11:04pm On Dec 02, 2013
Desperate times calls for desperate actions, including PR damage control.
The woman was probably pulled out from where she was in detention by Oshiomhole's thugs, told what to say and how to pose with a promise of N2 million.
Oshiomhole's public image has been tarnished and that for good.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) by megaomo(m): 11:05pm On Dec 02, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Since Oshiomhole is a widower and the woman a widow, I hereby suggest that both should get married ASAP.

Click like if you are in support of this proposal.

The likes on this odikwa too muchness.

Osho-baba,the people have spoken.

Hmm..hmm thats all.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) by emiye(m): 11:08pm On Dec 02, 2013
Wow !!!!!
From "Go and Die" to "Come and Dine" and then cool 2 million naira + employment + Celebrity status
Re: Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) by GooseBaba: 11:11pm On Dec 02, 2013
lastpage:

Hmmm....
First, let me say l appreciate both of you above. I can relate with your post in every sense THOUGH l beg to disagree or hold a divergent angle to your own perspective on the issue. I am going to do these in the same line of "What if's" that you both used:
I know we Nigerians are very emotional, sentimental and religious and we like to take solace in "Na so God want am" but....

What if Edo state (and Nigeria as a whole) has a welfare system whereby small stipend is paid to widows like this woman, to take care of their needs, will she have need to do road-side hawking?

What if the market stalls in Edo state have not been allocated to cronies and friends who resell them at exorbitant prices, would this widow be in a position to be told to "Go and Die" as a road-side trader?!

What if the widow actually felt so bad about this "personal insult and encouragement to suicide" ... and she "Go and died" (suicide)?

What if poeple like Oshiomole, who wield power for the sake of power, have empathy and sympathy for the millions of widows in their state and have put in place measures to assist then financially, would it have taken "social media-opprobium" for Oshiomole to know his statement was acutely wicked?

What if this woman has been offered a job by Edo sate Govt, before this episode, will we be here praising Oshiomole for his "Go and Die largesse"?

What if the Governors convoy has run-her-over as some Govt convoys have done to some people, will you be thanking God for her life now?

[b]What if [/b]we live in a society where crime and criminals like thieving Politicians are severely punished, dont you think Nigeria's resources are enough to cater for such widows for life? after all, less endowed nations take good care of their widows and veterans while ours die in poverty?

Finally, what happens to the other million-widows who are not "fortunate enough" to be rapaciously assaulted by the "Oga at the Top" ..and given a token for taking it on the cheek? Should they await their turn (or verbal assault) and be disobedient to street-trading laws or should they just die of hunger?

Success is not built on a platform of "trial and error" but by a continuous application of focused and guided "policies" which can only be implemented by those in power.
God gave us ...and made us "higher animals", with superior intelligence than Goats, for a reason: He needs to be allowed to rest (after 7days work) so that we can do some "basic thinking and decision making" ......ON OUR OWN!

Lastpage!

What if" you face reality on ground and stop hallucinatin on "what if"....while you are it could you kindly inform us on the "trial and error policy that we have in Nigeria?
Re: Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) by lastpage: 11:25pm On Dec 02, 2013
Re: Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) by Nobody: 11:27pm On Dec 02, 2013
illitrate: Abeg how can i become a widow angry angry angry
See barawo!!!!
Make u turn yourself into woman first. But that opetation wey oyibo dey do turn man into woman: abi na trangender or wetin dem de call am; if u do am for naija no man go come near you. Instead of money na bilala u go get.
Re: Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) by lastpage: 11:30pm On Dec 02, 2013
GooseBaba:

What if" you face reality on ground and stop hallucinatin on "what if"....while you are it could you kindly inform us on the "trial and error policy that we have in Nigeria?

That was a direct response to a particular post and l did quote the recipients name.
I know you cant comprehend the "analogies" so dont jump into it, okay!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, l think you are beyond redemption!
I give up on your type.

Happy days. wink

Lastpage!

BTW: Trust me, YOU would not recognize reality, even if it slapped you in the face.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 02, 2013
bigtt76: This is totally ridiculous with every semblance to the colonial days when the slave masters keep slaves for pleasure. Point is did he need to insult the poor woman and only retract steps later after being bashed nationwide on social networks? We should not applaud this and the woman should be advised to return such money cos it makes mockery of the woman's status as well as those of millions nationwide suffering under the sun becos of these thieves we call politicians #nonsense
How come since these story broke, and the woman was compensated by the Governor and PDP, also Nairalanders trying to organize a fundraising effort for her, majority of the people against her been compensated has been her fellow women, just wondering. I mean go back and read the postings and you see that female Nairalanders are the majority against compensating her
Re: Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) by luvinhubby(m): 11:34pm On Dec 02, 2013
We have a very long way to go as a country, Oshiomhole should have been forced to resign this monday by his party and the state for leadership irresponsibility, but what do we have, an arrangement to clean up his mess through orchestrted media hype.
The issue is not about forgiveness, because Oshiomhole is NOT repentant or remorseful, it's about political preservation, that is why it took an outrageous viral video to get him doing this.
Ask for the cameraman that took and released that video in 1 months time & you will know that the ugly, short man is not remorseful. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) by Funpeter: 11:38pm On Dec 02, 2013
Sunny_bobo: Since Oshiomhole is a widower and the woman a widow, I hereby suggest that both should get married ASAP.

Which kain soap you used baff na? 397 likes shoshocked, i envy your anointing oooo.
Re: Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) by tpia5: 11:42pm On Dec 02, 2013
luvinhubby: Desperate times calls for desperate actions, including PR damage control.
The woman was probably pulled out from where she was in detention by Oshiomhole's thugs, told what to say and how to pose with a promise of N2 million.
Oshiomhole's public image has been tarnished and that for good.

still wondering why the guy beside her wasnt offered tea even though he was clearly hungry.

i think he's been posting on the thread too.

as per image things, i doubt it, his followers are many and besides, i dont think most were surprised per se, no be nigeria? Common language not unusual with them.

he just got caught with his own, thats all.
Re: Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 02, 2013
bigtt76: This is totally ridiculous with every semblance to the colonial days when the slave masters keep slaves for pleasure. Point is did he need to insult the poor woman and only retract steps later after being bashed nationwide on social networks? We should not applaud this and the woman should be advised to return such money cos it makes mockery of the woman's status as well as those of millions nationwide suffering under the sun becos of these thieves we call politicians #nonsense

typing without brain.
Re: Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) by Nobody: 11:47pm On Dec 02, 2013
D_Psalmist: Nigerians are so gullible and foolish grin grin grin grin grin Do you think for one second if he wasn't caught on tape, he would be doing damage control and snapping pics with this widow? He probably would've denied it, if not for video evidence. He showed his true colours that day, do not think all this having a drink with her, giving her money is a selfless act. It is all damage control. Afterall he is a politician.
O boy! It takes a man to say sorry.
Re: Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) by NOLONGTIN1(m): 12:06am On Dec 03, 2013

405± likes!!

That is a record on NL

*surprised *
Re: Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) by Nobody: 12:33am On Dec 03, 2013

Bros u should give a testimony for the number of likes u have. grin

Today is my birthday. Do u like? grin
Re: Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) by ugonna1054(m): 12:36am On Dec 03, 2013
femmyb: How come since these story broke, and the woman was compensated by the Governor and PDP, also Nairalanders trying to organize a fundraising effort for her, majority of the people against her been compensated has been her fellow women, just wondering, I mean go back and read the postings and you see that female Nairalanders are the majority against compensating her
NONESENSE!!!
Re: Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) by GooseBaba: 12:57am On Dec 03, 2013
lastpage:

That was a direct response to a particular post and l did quote the recipients name.
I know you cant comprehend the "analogies" so dont jump into it, okay!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, l think you are beyond redemption!
I give up on your type.

Happy days. wink

Lastpage!

BTW: Trust me, YOU would not recognize reality, even if it slapped you in the face.

Typical......! all people like you do is dwell in delusion and wishful thinking. Face reality and stop deluding yourself. Always eager to point the flaws of the society and government like the rest of us don't know. YOU need to stop recognizing reality try dwelling in it. Because reality just slapped you and you are busing giving analogies.
Re: Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) by ugonna1054(m): 12:59am On Dec 03, 2013
I was among d ppl who liked ur post!! 98.5% of d ppl who quoted this post criticized it.but it is the "BITTER TRUTH" if oshiomole hadn't been criticized by d media and other eminent Nigerian citizens He would most Definitely not av apologised to d widow talk more of dining with her and giving her money.. The aforementioned gestures were just to Blind d eyes of "HATERS AND CRITICS" of your post and to APPEASE the critics of his WICKED and MERCILESS ACT!
HIS POST-KINDNESS to d woman was so "NOT FROM HIS WICKED HEART" HE IS A COWARD.
WHY DIDN'T HE GIVE THE WOMAN THE CHEQUE OF 2M AT THE SPOT AND TELL HER TO USE IT TO BETTER HER LIFE AND FAMILY'S AND PERHAPS STOP STREET HAWKING??
I just watched the video now on AIT and I saw how this woman cried and cried and cried and Begged oshiomole not to take away her goods but he did not listen , his heartless aides were pushing d woman away forcefully taking away d few goods she had with her in her hands
If truly dis man was kind he could av listened to d cry of the widow and tell her not to break d rules again!! And giv her bak her goods but he didn't only to come now and be dashing her money after weeks of criticisms from d public
#SILLY#..

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) by vislabraye(m): 1:08am On Dec 03, 2013
The public has knocked some sense into his skull. So he will think 2ce before doing something silly. That's why opposition is good @ times.
Re: Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) by Nobody: 1:12am On Dec 03, 2013
godman01:
it looked like repentance but i think its just an eye service. If nobody noticed what he did the first time, i don't think he would have done this.
But @godman, it takes a great heart. It's the spirit behind that's important. Some people cannot be able to say "sorry". It can renew or end frienships, marriages hostilities, wars,etc. If the one wronged can't forgive, you find people turning against him. We'll say, "But he's apologized", & it's you that'd be seen in bad light.
Re: Oshiomhole Drinking With The "Go And Die" Widow (Picture) by IYANGBALI: 2:28am On Dec 03, 2013
Oshiomole is a widower cant he marry the woman?abi him no get prik?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari Certificate Saga An Assault On The Military - Lai Mohammed. / Ex-Nigerian President Spent N9.9Billion On Cake - Aaron Heslehurst / Robbers In Aso Rock: Gambari Confirms Attempt To Burgle His Residence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.