Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,779 members, 7,831,509 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari (36725 Views)

Mujahidat Daba Dokubo-Asari Calls Out OBJ, Gen. Danjuma In New Post / T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested / Katsina Stoning: Niger Delta “ll Retaliate, Says Dokubo Asari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by atlwireles: 2:07am On Dec 06, 2013
shymexx:

However, to achieve the "confederation" status, you've to put disintegration on the table and use that as the bargaining chip for a compromise. Deal or no deal! wink

As for the raghead you cited - the guy's supporting the views of the other raghead-in-chief that was decapitated during the 1966 coup. His opinions are inconsequential.

Regionalism and fiscal federalism isn't going to work with Nigeria.

Regionalism and fiscal federalism will work just fine. It worked from 1952-1966. Everyone says those were the best days. Then let's go back there.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 2:07am On Dec 06, 2013
atlwireles:

You can lay claim to delta in hell not on this planet and not in this lifetime.

Lmao!!! If the war kicks off - best believe no part of Ijebuland especially those who still align in Ijebu in Itsekiriland would go with any other ethnic group in Delta. You don't even know who I'm but best believe, I would be become Georgy Zhukov and I shall liberate my people. cool

I love the army. That's the dream. To fight in a big war and liberate my people from the shackles of servitude.

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by BishopMagic: 2:08am On Dec 06, 2013
St_Black:

1991 not 1999. !

St_Black: -Has Lagos received as much as half of total allocations from oil money as the Rivers, Delta, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, CR & d FCT since 1999?

Your original question was from 1999
tongue

and you are all like that greedy ungrateful cun.t that bites the finger that fed em.

as i said go and sleep and dream "progressive " dreams. grin grin grin grin
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Truckpusher(m): 2:09am On Dec 06, 2013
shymexx:

However, to achieve the "confederation" status, you've to put disintegration on the table and use that as the bargaining chip for a compromise. Deal or no deal! wink

As for the raghead you cited - the guy's supporting the views of the other raghead-in-chief that was decapitated during the 1966 coup. His opinions are inconsequential.

When you put disintegration on the table ,the ragheads threatens war and your peeps in the SW haul a$$ leaving behind the SE who just came out from one labor grin and you expect them to start another one all over again? hell no! .If i take your opinion the ND threatens secession and the whole lot of you kick our butts? grin not gonna happen anyway because your lifeline is in our backyard grin
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by atlwireles: 2:10am On Dec 06, 2013
Bishop Magic:

Delta is not SW either! So stop lumping them in.

Delta apart from the minority Itshekiris who can be found only in parts of Warri who your Awolowo promoted above the Urhobos, Isokos and Ijaws after the civil war by creating the Olu of Warri in a feeble attempt to Yorubarize Delta was ignored or rather tolerated because A landlord does not need to remind the tennant who owns the house. This same nonsense Awolowo did caused the Warri crisis between the Itshekiris and the Urhobos after it became evident that the Itskeiris were now claiming warri.

Please it's a long story that led to serious crisis in the 90's. Ask any Deltan guy in the UK to give you the gist.

But stop claiming Delta as Yoruba.

The Iteskiris know their place in Warri. They can always be reminded if needed.

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 2:10am On Dec 06, 2013
atlwireles:

Regionalism and fiscal federalism will work just fine. It worked from 1952-1966. Everyone says those were the best days. Then let's go back there.

I doubt it. I like the British system and that's the only system that can work in Nigeria. One country, with four nationalities and four identities. United Kingdom of Nigeria! cool
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Obiagu1(m): 2:11am On Dec 06, 2013
The funny thing about this disintegration of Nigeria is that among the 3 regions in the South, SE is the most disadvantaged, yet we are not scared of disintegration and are ready to take our own destiny in our own hands.

We believe in our ability. You don't make progress without some suffering.

It's better for us to suffer to survive than to enjoy to die.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by BishopMagic: 2:13am On Dec 06, 2013
atlwireles:

The Iteskiris know their place in Warri. They can always be reminded if needed.

abi ohh.

There had been peace since that useless awo come cause katakata.

Deltans are peaceful and highly diversified so I pray Thiefnibu will not come and try and incite Itskeris again
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by atlwireles: 2:14am On Dec 06, 2013
shymexx:

Lmao!!! If the war kicks off - best believe no part of Ijebuland especially those who still align in Ijebu in Itsekiriland would go with any other ethnic group in Delta. You don't even know who I'm but best believe, I would be become Georgy Zhukov and I shall liberate my people. cool

I love the army. That's the dream. To fight in a big war and liberate my people from the shackles of servitude.

Those of us in delta, mostly in Warri seek no war. When you cross your line in Warri, we have a way of showing you the boundary.

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by BishopMagic: 2:14am On Dec 06, 2013
Obiagu1: The funny thing about this disintegration of Nigeria is that among the 3 regions in the South, SE is the most disadvantaged, yet we are not scared of disintegration and are ready to take our own destiny in our own hands.

Igbos will be OK because they don't depend on other peoples resources not like some people (looking to were the sun sets)
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 2:14am On Dec 06, 2013
Truckpusher: When you put disintegration on the table ,the ragheads threatens war and your peeps in the SW haul a$$ leaving behind the SE who just came out from one labor grin and you expect them to start another one all over again? hell no! .If i take your opinion the ND threatens secession and the whole lot of you kick our butts? grin not gonna happen anyway because your lifeline is in our backyard grin

I think a lot of Yoruba's are slowing but surely aligning with disintegration or confederation. Those against it would soon be thrown into the bottomless with Nigeria. They're just greedy lot who don't care about ordinary Yoruba people. The consciousness is slowly but surely changing - and I can foresee a new Yoruba in the next few years.

However, we're not Southerners. We're westerners.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by BishopMagic: 2:15am On Dec 06, 2013
shymexx:

However, we're not Southerners. We're westerners.
If you like be a northerner but what is sure we are not sharing any passport in future.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by BishopMagic: 2:16am On Dec 06, 2013
shymexx:

I doubt it. I like the British system and that's the only system that can work in Nigeria. One country, with four nationalities and four identities. United Kingdom of Nigeria! cool

No. Nigeria must divide. You and Abokis can live happily forever together
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Obiagu1(m): 2:16am On Dec 06, 2013
atlwireles:

Call it regionalism, call it confederation.
The closest acceptable option for us is the ability to control our own resources, our own fiscal and monetary policies and our own foreign affairs.

Any name is acceptable be it dissolution.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 2:17am On Dec 06, 2013
atlwireles:

Those of us in delta, mostly in Warri seek no war. When you cross your line in Warri, we have a way of showing you the boundary.

Lmao. No one wants your Warri. I was alluding to the semi-autonomous Ijebu communities in Itsekiriland. You lot can keep your Warri. As long as those people still maintain their Ijebu ancestry and align with it - they're part of the Yoruba commonwealth. And they would go anywhere the Yoruba's go.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Katsumoto: 2:17am On Dec 06, 2013
shymexx:

I'm going to be objective in this post.

Bruv, I'm Yoruba and I honestly don't understand why these Yoruba elites/politicians and the educated ones on nl are always scared of disintegration - despite being the most advantageous region in the country. I've been asking questions, yet the only answers I get seems to be about "Kiriji Wars"(Yoruba civil war) and how western and eastern Yoruba still have some friction. However, I honestly don't think that's enough reason to be scared about disintegration. And the darn civil war happened because the new "power" on the block, Ibadan, was trying to dominate everyone else back then - and the rest were not having it. So that excuse is just silly.

Perhaps, Yoruba's are benefiting from Nigeria. However, when I look at the SW - I don't think it's free from the curse of Nigeria. It's just as accursed as the rest of country. Despite the enormous potentials of the region. Yoruba's don't even need crude oil to survive - that's how blessed the region is IMO. And there's crude oil in the SW and loads of potential crude oil areas. So why are they scared of disintegration?

Anyway, when the rest decide to go their own way and take their destiny in their hands. Yoruba's would be forced to go create their own country. The madness is a tad bit sickening and silly now. I hate when people can't be independent for shit - always leaning on other people for survival, especially when the whole thing is just a never ending retrogression. Stand on your feet and take your destiny in your hands. And if you can't survive on your own - you don't deserve to live, period.

Shalom!

There is a lot wrong with this post. Yorubas don't need Nigeria to survive. In an economical sense, a Nigeria practicing federalism/confederationism is better than a Nigeria broken down into smaller pieces. Let the ND collect the revenue from its oil resources.

Who are the Yoruba benefiting from Oil? Are they more than individuals from other groups who are benefiting from oil? You guys need to stop feeding into this nonsense about Yoruba benefiting from oil.

Kiriji has little to do with this. There are more caucasians in the US than blacks, the caucasians once had the blacks as slaves. Aren't they in the same country? Kiriji was not about Ibadan trying to dominate the others. Read your history.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by BishopMagic: 2:18am On Dec 06, 2013
atlwireles:

no answer that f00l

e no well

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Eziachi: 2:18am On Dec 06, 2013
St_Black:

Tell me:

Who were those that shattered the pre-existing system of true fiscal federalism in the 1st Republic by their greed through a first coup?

PLS Talk.
My answer is the military. But if you felt that you got a better answer, why are you hail bent in keeping that abnormality? because someone else introduced it? How much sense does that makes to you? Just because someone was a former passive smoker, if there is cancer in future, it should be allowed to grow because of the past, he is not directly responsible for?

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by BishopMagic: 2:18am On Dec 06, 2013
shymexx:

Lmao. No one wants your Warri. I was alluding to the semi-autonomous Ijebu communities in Itsekiriland. You lot can keep your Warri. As long as those people still maintain their Ijebu ancestry and align with it - they're part of the Yoruba commonwealth. And they would go anywhere the Yoruba's go.
typical coward

from liberator to vibrat0r in the ar$e
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 2:19am On Dec 06, 2013
Bishop Magic:

Delta is not SW either! So stop lumping them in.

Delta apart from the minority Itshekiris who can be found only in parts of Warri who your Awolowo promoted above the Urhobos, Isokos and Ijaws after the civil war by creating the Olu of Warri in a feeble attempt to Yorubarize Delta was ignored or rather tolerated because A landlord does not need to remind the tennant who owns the house. This same nonsense Awolowo did caused the Warri crisis between the Itshekiris and the Urhobos after it became evident that the Itskeiris were now claiming warri.

Please it's a long story that led to serious crisis in the 90's. Ask any Deltan guy in the UK to give you the gist.

But stop claiming Delta as Yoruba.

I see you prefer to evade the hard questions I keep sliding at you.

Could they be RED PILLS for you to swallow?

Answer the post above your last post.

Who were those that destroyed one of the basic & fundermental elements of equity
-true & fiscal federalism- thrugh a first coup?
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 2:19am On Dec 06, 2013
Bishop Magic:

No. Nigeria must divide. You and Abokis can live happily forever together

Two dycks don't mix. Ragheads need to go create their own country where sha.gging camels would be made legal. grin

Enough of the retrogression.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Truckpusher(m): 2:22am On Dec 06, 2013
Obiagu1: The funny thing about this disintegration of Nigeria is that among the 3 regions in the South, SE is the most disadvantaged, yet we are not scared of disintegration and are ready to take our own destiny in our own hands.

You've nailed it bro.....if the ND refused to have any form of integration with the SE they are highly disadvantaged, but you guys really want to be alone because you do believe in your ability to be creative and face the consequences and believe me you'll make it work ,but these oil parasites keep stalling every movement just making the whole thing silly.
In fact the SW is the main clog to our collective growth in Nigeria by constantly aligning with these backward control freaks in the North that are using Islam as a cover, let them mount pressure like every other region then the North will learn how to respect themselves and live peacefully instead of this bruhaha they are making everywhere.
We are waiting ,we are watching because we have all it takes to bring this sluggish giant to her final resting place.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 2:23am On Dec 06, 2013
Eziachi: Rather than using the weapons of fear and scare mongering, try and articulate a form of compromise if you really that afraid to be on your own after Nigeria as we know it. If all the palmwine tarpers are crippled by the lame tale of what happened to the man that fell off the palm tree, we won't have any palm wine to drink at all.

What scare-mongering are you talking about here? Why do we always vault off on an emotional trip when discussing issues that require a cool head, Sir? You think repeating oneself incessantly on NL, without putting shoulder to wheel and getting behind some organised effort, as Dokubo-Asari has clearly done, is the way to achieve that utopia you seek?

How many of the commentators who pound the same beat over and over on these boards have channeled their deep-seated views to the Confab committee? Even more, how many of the self-appointed spokespersons, here, can lay hand on heart and proclaim they have the backing of the constituencies they speak for?

If asking commentators to look at the wider context is what equates to scare-mongering, then it is clear we are refusing to heed the lessons of the past.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by BishopMagic: 2:24am On Dec 06, 2013
St_Black:

Who were those that destroyed one of the basic & fundermental elements of equity
-true & fiscal federalism- thrugh a first coup?

The coup plotters removed the leadership and not the system.

It was Awo as a then Minister of Finance ( an insult to his person given the age and pedigree of Gowon then) that gave us this current system.

If the coup plotters caused it why did Gowon not change it? The truth is the coup plotters were not changing the system but the leaders.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 2:25am On Dec 06, 2013
Bishop Magic:

Your original question was from 1999
tongue

and you are all like that greedy ungrateful cun.t that bites the finger that fed em.

as i said go and sleep and dream "progressive " dreams. grin grin grin grin

They say Its the drowning man who catches at straws !!!

Now that you are pointless & have it all empty in the head to defend yourself, you had to resort to insults, hence while you are drowning like the lemming does . !

Anyway, I'm glad your emptiness made you out here. ! grin grin
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 2:28am On Dec 06, 2013
Bishop Magic:

The coup plotters removed the leadership and not the system.

It was Awo as a then Minister of Finance ( an insult to his person given the age and pedigree of Gowon then) that gave us this current system.

If the coup plotters caused it why did Gowon not change it? The truth is the coup plotters were not changing the system but the leaders.

So to your Igbotic Logic, It was Gowon who expunged the federalism that prequelled, not IRONSI right?
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 2:28am On Dec 06, 2013
Truckpusher: I personally do not encourage the disintegration of the most populous black race ,but tell these guys that they should advice their political elites to agitate that every region becomes autonomous as the ND and SE neighbors are agitating, but they will never let the idea fly.
My question is ,what are they afraid of?

I would like you to clarify who the 'elite' are before responding in full.
Are you referring to the political class, the intellectual class or both?
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by atlwireles: 2:30am On Dec 06, 2013
Katsumoto:

There is a lot wrong with this post. Yorubas don't need Nigeria to survive. In an economical sense, a Nigeria practicing federalism/confederationism is better than a Nigeria broken down into smaller pieces. Let the ND collect the revenue from its oil resources.

Who are the Yoruba benefiting from Oil? Are they more than individuals from other groups who are benefiting from oil? You guys need to stop feeding into this nonsense about Yoruba benefiting from oil.

Kiriji has little to do with this. There are more caucasians in the US than blacks, the caucasians once had the blacks as slaves. Aren't they in the same country? Kiriji was not about Ibadan trying to dominate the others. Read your history.

I will agree "Nigeria practicing federalism/confederationism is better than a Nigeria broken down into smaller pieces. Let the ND collect the revenue from its oil resources". Most people in the Nigerdelta will want to remain in Nigeria,that's my own personally feeling, They want control over their lives and resources. Even, if they had to pay some percentage to the center.The last 14 years has changed lots of mind about this Nigerian project, for the ugly. The treatment GEJ has received mostly from the Yorubas press/politcal class and Fulani political class came as shock to us. For most people now, is simply bring whatever you have, we are ready.

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 2:33am On Dec 06, 2013
Katsumoto:

I'm just making my own assertions based on how a lot of the Yoruba elites are always quick to support one-Nigeria. It's like the Yoruba's are the face of one-Nigeria, when the reverse is meant to be the case since the Yoruba's are the most well-positioned geographically and economically to thrive on their own without Nigeria. The stance is just becoming a tad bit irritating and redundant now. And it doesn't look good on poor Yoruba people out there who are victims of one-Nigeria. You also have a Northern fanatic/extremist that was threatening fire and brimstone a few days - and of all the people he should have cited in support of his emotional outbursts - the blinkered brain having duffer cited the SW. That's just unacceptable to me as a Yoruba boy and a true son of the soil. The Yoruba destiny is different and not intertwined with that of the Northerners, yet it seems these folks just like using the SW to provide support for their agenda due to the stance of the Yoruba elites.

Also, I never said Yoruba's are benefiting from the oil. You need to read my post again.

As for the Kiriji wars. I believe if Ibadan hadn't try to become the overlord after the fall of Oyo. I honestly don't think the war would have lasted that long. That's just my opinion.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Katsumoto: 2:34am On Dec 06, 2013
Eziachi: My answer is the military. But if you felt that you got a better answer, why are you hail bent in keeping that abnormality? because someone else introduced it? How much sense does that makes to you? Just because someone was a former passive smoker, if there is cancer in future, it should be allowed to grow because of the past, he is not directly responsible for?

That's not a proper analogy.

3 men (Igbo, Yoruba, & Northerner) shared 9 candles until the Igbo man took all 9 candles while the other two were sleeping claiming that he was a better keeper. The Northerner got angry and engaged the Igbo man in a fight and took all 9 candles for himself. Now that he has 9 candles, why would he revert to the original arrangement? If the Igbo man didn't get greedy and attempt to take all 9 candles, would the Northerner know the benefit of having all candles? Plain and simple - if you seek an advantage for yourself and someone else seizes that advantage from you, why will he relinquish it?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by atlwireles: 2:34am On Dec 06, 2013
shymexx:

As as long nobody takes a millimeter of Delta state land, people are free to go where they want.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 2:35am On Dec 06, 2013
shymexx:

Fair enough. My cautionary note was intended as a reminder that the zero-sum approach always sets Africa back at least one generation - Somalia, CAR, Congo are notable examples.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

Buhari's Health: His Time Is Almost Up Like Yaradua, World Will Be Shocked - FFK / DSS Denies Aiding Attacks On EndSARS Protester / More Photos And Video From The APC Presidential Campaign Rally In Warri Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.