Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,946 members, 7,835,142 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari (36749 Views)

Mujahidat Daba Dokubo-Asari Calls Out OBJ, Gen. Danjuma In New Post / T.Y. Danjuma Wants Dokubo-Asari, Tompolo, Others Arrested / Katsina Stoning: Niger Delta “ll Retaliate, Says Dokubo Asari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Eziachi: 2:36am On Dec 06, 2013
eGuerrilla:

How many of the commentators who pound the same beat over and over on these boards have channeled their deep-seated views to the Confab committee? Even more, how many of the self-appointed spokespersons, here, can lay hand on heart and proclaim they have the backing of the constituencies they speak for?

If asking commentators to look at the wider context is what equates to scare-mongering, then it is clear we are refusing to heed the lessons of the past.
Don't discount the power of a forum like this one anymore, if you are unsure, please ask Oshiomole after his "go and die" utterances.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Katsumoto: 2:39am On Dec 06, 2013
Bishop Magic:

The coup plotters removed the leadership and not the system.

It was Awo as a then Minister of Finance ( an insult to his person given the age and pedigree of Gowon then) that gave us this current system.

If the coup plotters caused it why did Gowon not change it? The truth is the coup plotters were not changing the system but the leaders.

Damn it

Stop sprouting nonsense all over the thread already. Did a Yoruba man take your wife or girlfriend?

Was it Awo that implemented Decree 34 you ninny? Was that not Ironsi?

If you are going to be a bigot, at least be knowledgeable. Instead you are wearing ignorance like a suit of armour.

Sit on the sidelines before you embarrass yourself any further. And I am here to help you in that regard.

3 Likes

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 2:42am On Dec 06, 2013
atlwireles:

I will agree "Nigeria practicing federalism/confederationism is better than a Nigeria broken down into smaller pieces. Let the ND collect the revenue from its oil resources". Most people in the Nigerdelta will want to remain in Nigeria,that's my own personally feeling, They want control over their lives and resources. Even, if they had to pay some percentage to the center.The last 14 years has changed lots of mind about this Nigerian project, for the ugly. The treatment GEJ has received mostly from the Yorubas press/politcal class and Fulani political class came as shock to us. For most people now, is simply bring whatever you have, we are ready.

But how has GEJ entrenched greater equity in the Niger Delta.
Is it not true that the so-called Yoruba press was equally unforgiving of other past leaders?
Why should someone who has failed to demonstrate any fidelity to the long suffering Niger Deltan folks be afforded a free pass?
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 2:42am On Dec 06, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Fair enough. My cautionary note was intended as a reminder that the zero-sum approach always sets Africa back at least one generation - Somalia, CAR, Congo are notable examples.

I understand that. However, all options must be on the table. I also believe the world has moved beyond the 70's and 80's Africa where civil wars ravaged the continent and the world leaders won't allow that to happen. And a civil war in a country as big as Nigeria would destabilise half of Africa. But once the people put disintegration on the table - with confederation as the ace. It would be easier to get that than just asking for confederation.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 2:43am On Dec 06, 2013
Eziachi: Don't discount the power of a forum like this one anymore, if you are unsure, please ask Oshiomole after his "go and die" utterances.

True. But let's not overstate our potential reach either. grin
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Obiagu1(m): 2:43am On Dec 06, 2013
This shouldn't turn to 1966 coup and counter coup discussion that is a comfort zone for some people.

The fact remains, some people are unhappy with the union and want out.
So how do we go forward?
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by BishopMagic: 2:44am On Dec 06, 2013
Katsumoto:

Damn it

Stop sprouting nonsense all over the thread already. Did a Yoruba man take your wife or girlfriend?

Was it Awo that implemented Decree 34 you ninny? Was that not Ironsi?

If you are going to be a bigot, at least be knowledgeable. Instead you are wearing ignorance like a suit of armour.

Sit on the sidelines before you embarrass yourself any further. And I am here to help you in that regard.

Ok if it be so. Why then did Gowon with Awo guiding him not revert back to status quo after the counter coup.

The East was Isolated under Ojukwu and as such resources from there could not have found there way to the NATIONAL Coffers
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 2:44am On Dec 06, 2013
atlwireles:

As as long nobody takes a millimeter of Delta state land, people are free to go where they want.

Interesting. The people would decide when the time comes. I honestly don't have time for Delta state since it's like another Nigeria within Nigeria, with all kinds of ethnic groups.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by BishopMagic: 2:45am On Dec 06, 2013
shymexx:

Interesting. The people would decide when the time comes. I honestly don't have time for Delta state since it's like another Nigeria within Nigeria, with all kinds of ethnic groups.

Good keep your APC hands off Delta!
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Truckpusher(m): 2:46am On Dec 06, 2013
atlwireles:

I will agree "Nigeria practicing federalism/confederationism is better than a Nigeria broken down into smaller pieces. Let the ND collect the revenue from its oil resources". Most people in the Nigerdelta will want to remain in Nigeria,that's my own personally feeling, They want control over their lives and resources. Even, if they had to pay some percentage to the center.The last 14 years has changed lots of mind about this Nigerian project, for the ugly. The treatment GEJ has received mostly from the Yorubas press/politcal class and Fulani political class came as shock to us. For most people now, is simply bring whatever you have, we are ready.
Exactly and it seems these whole lots don't get it because this is one reason why people like Asari are talking tough because we are fully aware of the importance of this region to this ungrateful country.........Believe me 2015 is a do or die affair after all he who pays the piper should dictate the tunes.

You take away my natural resources all in the name of one people this results to serious environmental issues yet i can't run the country for just 4yrs that you have ran for almost 60yrs with nothing to show for it.

These people are taking us for granted we aren't like before ,that generation is in their 70s and 80s this is a new dawn,we've seen the truth and we now know where we belong to in this country and this is the only time to set the record straight and we must use it by fire by force ,we must rearrange this country politically to ensure equal participation and fiscal federalism or we secede and if they want war before we all start acting right? so be it......Wars are no longer fought by numbers but he who is strategically endowed will dictate how it'd be fought.

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 2:46am On Dec 06, 2013
Katsumoto:

That's not a proper analogy.

3 men (Igbo, Yoruba, & Northerner) shared 9 candles until the Igbo man took all 9 candles while the other two were sleeping claiming that he was a better keeper. The Northerner got angry and engaged the Igbo man in a fight and took all 9 candles for himself. Now that he has 9 candles, why would he revert to the original arrangement? If the Igbo man didn't get greedy and attempt to take all 9 candles, would the Northerner know the benefit of having all candles? Plain and simple - if you seek an advantage for yourself and someone else seizes that advantage from you, why will he relinquish it?

You Nailed it KATZ. !

The Dude believes the ones (Northerners) at advantage would be foolish enough to give away such. !

If I may ask him, If an Igboe turns president today, can he gather the same motive & energy as Ironsi did BUT use it for the sole aim of achieving Federalism when the chance comes?

...Im not sure whether these people really know they are dealing with human beigns.

...They deal with others like the others are animals. Thats one thing I'v got to know of them.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Katsumoto: 2:47am On Dec 06, 2013
shymexx:

I'm just making my own assertions based on how a lot of the Yoruba elites are always quick to support one-Nigeria. It's like the Yoruba's are the face of one-Nigeria, when the reverse is meant to be the case since the Yoruba's are the most well-positioned geographically and economically to thrive on their own without Nigeria. The stance is just becoming a tad bit irritating and redundant now. And it doesn't look good on poor Yoruba people out there who are victims of one-Nigeria. You also have a Northern fanatic/extremist that was threatening fire and brimstone a few days - and of all the people he should have cited in support of his emotional outbursts - the blinkered brain having duffer cited the SW. That's just unacceptable to me as a Yoruba boy and a true son of the soil. The Yoruba destiny is different and not intertwined with that of the Northerners, yet it seems these folks just like using the SW to provide support for their agenda due to the stance of the Yoruba elites.

Also, I never said Yoruba's are benefiting from the oil. You need to read my post again.

As for the Kiriji wars. I believe if Ibadan hadn't try to become the overlord after the fall of Oyo. I honestly don't think the war would have lasted that long. That's just my opinion.

Who are these elites? Are there no 'elites' from other groups who don't want Nigeria to split? Individuals are allowed to speak their minds but such speech isn't binding on others. Especially if others don't have a platform to air their views.

Kiriji is not about opinion. There are facts about Kiriji that are well documented. It had nothing to do with Ibadan wanting to dominate others.

Wars are not fought through speech, thoughts, and writings. There is no need to mouth off, if it comes, then you fight. But it is too premature to be responding to baiting. The idiots who are calling others cowards on this thread, have never fought and won a war in their history.

It is not coincidence that the best warriors on the planet have a history and pedigree of fighting.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Katsumoto: 2:49am On Dec 06, 2013
Obiagu1: This shouldn't turn to 1966 coup and counter coup discussion that is a comfort zone for some people.

The fact remains, some people are unhappy with the union and want out.
So how do we go forward?

Then you should tell them to be civil with their utterances. We will remind anyone who wants to stupidly forget about Nigeria's history before colonialism, during colonialism, and after colonialism.

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by BishopMagic: 2:52am On Dec 06, 2013
Katsumoto:

Then you should tell them to be civil with their utterances. We will remind anyone who wants to stupidly forget about Nigeria's history before colonialism, during colonialism, and after colonialism.

stop derailing and lets plan for your future wedding come 2015 to Aboki Boy
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Katsumoto: 2:52am On Dec 06, 2013
atlwireles:

As as long nobody takes a millimeter of Delta state land, people are free to go where they want.

And if the Itsekiri want to link up with their brethren in Yorubaland, who will stop them?

You guys need to chill; you believe too much in the rewards of recent militancy. Hiding in creeks is not war. If you over step your bounds, you will lose all of Delta. Do you think 5 million can fight 50 million?

2 Likes

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Katsumoto: 2:54am On Dec 06, 2013
Bishop Magic:

stop derailing and lets plan for your future wedding come 2015 to Aboki Boy

And I don't respond to childish and idiotic comments. If you make the mistake of sprouting ignorant ish, I will expose and embarrass you. You are free to keep making a f00l of yourself.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Obiagu1(m): 2:54am On Dec 06, 2013
Katsumoto:

That's not a proper analogy.

3 men (Igbo, Yoruba, & Northerner) shared 9 candles until the Igbo man took all 9 candles while the other two were sleeping claiming that he was a better keeper. The Northerner got angry and engaged the Igbo man in a fight and took all 9 candles for himself. Now that he has 9 candles, why would he revert to the original arrangement? If the Igbo man didn't get greedy and attempt to take all 9 candles, would the Northerner know the benefit of having all candles? Plain and simple - if you seek an advantage for yourself and someone else seizes that advantage from you, why will he relinquish it?

Pardon my ignorance but who actually changed the revenue sharing formula?

I think that is what i will relate to taking all 9 candles for himself.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by BishopMagic: 2:56am On Dec 06, 2013
Katsumoto:

And if the Itsekiri want to link up with their brethren in Yorubaland, who will stop them?

You guys need to chill; you believe too much in the rewards of recent militancy. Hiding in creeks is not war. If you over step your bounds, you will lose all of Delta. Do you think 5 million can fight 50 million?

see your life...

Enter warri now.

Let me tell you a little on how the Niger-Delta Insurgency began.

It began on the crest of the Warri crisis. Oil companies began relocating to neighbouring Rivers, Uyo and Bayelsa.

Experienced Warri boys moved over later to get jobs in those parts. When they saw how the oil companies had been exploiting the communities they put sense into the locals head and gave them the nod on how warri dey handle oil coys. The rest is history.

Bring it on Sgt Ibadan
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Katsumoto: 2:57am On Dec 06, 2013
atlwireles:

When Turai had GEJ under a skirt, who saved him? Who were the ND sons and daughters who marched for GEJ? Who were the ND folk that were in Save Nigeria? Or Falana, Bakare, Soyinka are now from the ND?

The problem with some of you is that you are ungrateful.

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Katsumoto: 2:58am On Dec 06, 2013
Bishop Magic:

see your life...

Enter warri now.

Let me tell you a little on how the Niger-Delta Insurgency began.

It began on the crest of the Warri crisis. Oil companies began relocating to neighbouring Rivers, Uyo and Bayelsa.

Experienced Warri boys moved over later to get jobs in those parts. When they saw how the oil companies had been exploiting the communities they put sense into the locals head and gave them the nod on how warri dey handle oil coys. The rest is history.

Bring it on Sgt Ibadan

You are not bright enough to understand, so I will not break it down for you.

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Katsumoto: 3:00am On Dec 06, 2013
Obiagu1:

Pardon my ignorance but who actually changed the revenue sharing formula?

I think that is what i will relate to taking all 9 candles for himself.

The formula has been changed a few times. The better question is who vested all revenue in the FG and the FG to distribute to states and LG.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 3:00am On Dec 06, 2013
Katsumoto:
Who are these elites? Are there no 'elites' from other groups who don't want Nigeria to split? Individuals are allowed to speak their minds but such speech isn't binding on others. Especially if others don't have a platform to air their views.

Kiriji is not about opinion. There are facts about Kiriji that are well documented. It had nothing to do with Ibadan wanting to dominate others.

Wars are not fought through speech, thoughts, and writings. There is no need to mouth off, if it comes, then you fight. But it is too premature to be responding to baiting. The idiots who are calling others cowards on this thread, have never fought and won a war in their history.

It is not coincidence that the best warriors on the planet have a history and pedigree of fighting.

Personally, I think apart from the Northerners (or should I say their elites) who are obviously the overlords of the Nigerian experiment, the next most vocal group are certain elements from Yorubaland. And the question is: what has Yoruba's in general benefited from the Nigeria? Hence why I called the stance an oxymoron. And also why that idiotic Northerner could cite SW in his vituperative outbursts a few days ago. Individuals are allowed to speak for themselves, however, when they represent an ethnic group - they need to shut up about their opinions and stop giving out wrong signals.

I'll probably do more reading on the Kiriji wars. I don't want to derail this thread.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by atlwireles: 3:01am On Dec 06, 2013
eGuerrilla:

But how has GEJ entrenched greater equity in the Niger Delta.
Is it not true that the so-called Yoruba press was equally unforgiving of other past leaders?
Why should someone who has failed to demonstrate any fidelity to the long suffering Niger Deltan folks been afforded a free pass?

Jonah's press coverage is like an antagonistic personal assault march for no reason. Most of his detractors in the press are not proposing new policy or how to make things better. They are mainly spewing personal attacks, at him, his family, his tribe then the whole Southsouth, as if we have done anything to them.. We have had enough. That's why, you hear Asari, Clarke and the push back from the Southsouth. Most people here have simply been pushed to the wall, and they refuse to take anymore of these insults.

I don't know what you meant failed to demonstrate fidelity to suffering people of Nigerdelta. We don't think, he has failed. Remember Goodluck is President of Nigeria not the Nigerdelta. We are getting our fair share in projects and allocation. The Amnesty program he sustained, has touched the lives of thousands of young people than anything the Federal government has done in the region before. Can more be done, yes. The NDDC is coming back to life, and all things will only get better.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Katsumoto: 3:01am On Dec 06, 2013
St_Black:

You Nailed it KATZ. !

The Dude believes the ones (Northerners) at advantage would be foolish enough to give away such. !

If I may ask him, If an Igboe turns president today, can he gather the same motive & energy as Ironsi did BUT use it for the sole aim of achieving Federalism when the chance comes?

...Im not sure whether these people really know they are dealing with human beigns.

...They deal with others like the others are animals. Thats one thing I'v got to know of them.

I don't like it when people try to be clever. Like you stated, they assume you are a dullard.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by BishopMagic: 3:02am On Dec 06, 2013
Katsumoto:

When Turai had GEJ under a skirt, who saved him? Who were the ND sons and daughters who marched for GEJ? Who were the ND folk that were in Save Nigeria? Or Falana, Bakare, Soyinka are now from the ND?

The problem with some of you is that you are ungrateful.

Was Yaradua dead? Should ND fight over a position of one man who is yet not dead?

When MKO was jailed and later killed wetin una do?

coward!
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by BishopMagic: 3:02am On Dec 06, 2013
Katsumoto:

I don't like it when people try to be clever. Like you stated, they assume you are a dullard.

but u are a daft bigot!

1 Like

Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 3:02am On Dec 06, 2013
Bishop Magic:

Ok if it be so. Why then did Gowon with Awo guiding him not revert back to status quo after the counter coup.

The East was Isolated under Ojukwu and as such resources from there could not have found there way to the NATIONAL Coffers

Imbe., Why did Ironsi resort to unitarism when we all know Federalism features the true character of equity?

If I may ask,

When the damage has been done, why didnt you all push to the frontiers for true federalism? ....Why Biafra instead of Federalism?
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by BishopMagic: 3:03am On Dec 06, 2013
Katsumoto:

You are not bright enough to understand, so I will not break it down for you.

enlighten me

mumu
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Obiagu1(m): 3:03am On Dec 06, 2013
Katsumoto:

The formula has been changed a few times. The better question is who vested all revenue in the FG and the FG to distribute to states and LG.

I think both are important. Who gave more chunk of the revenue to the Federal and who allowed the Federal to redistribute the remaining income to the states and LG.
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Truckpusher(m): 3:03am On Dec 06, 2013
Katsumoto:

I beg to disagree with your first paragraph and in as much as you might be right that there are elites in other regions that doesn't want this country to disintegrate i can also categorically tell you that the champions for one Nigeria in the last two decades seems to be coming from one particular region .
What does that say? even in the face of humiliating provocation from the North one example is just Abiola's issue

Will they have to tow you guys by the balls before you understand that these guys don't respect you guys? and has constantly with their actions called you cowards to your face? whilst your elites continuously enjoys political succor all in the name of politics.

Atiku almost made OBJ look stupid if not for OBJ's ruggedness but now the entire North, the SW elites, scholars and the SW media are ganging up just to bring down one Ijaw man......smh grin
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Nobody: 3:04am On Dec 06, 2013
Bishop Magic:

Good keep your APC hands off Delta!

Lmao!!

What the fecky fvck is "APC?"

Armoured Personnel Carrier? - well, if a war kicks off, I might visit you in Delta with an APC. grin

However, do I look like I'm into the medieval politics and political system in Nigeria? grin

Fam, go find your "APC" in a military armoury. undecided
Re: 'Let’s Go Our Separate Ways, Form Separate Countries’ - Dokubo-Asari by Katsumoto: 3:04am On Dec 06, 2013
Bishop Magic:

Was Yaradua dead? Should ND fight over a position of one man who is yet not dead?

When MKO was jailed and later killed wetin una do?

coward!

I don't know what you mean by una. But I remember that the two parties in 1999 had Yoruba candidates.

In your deluded sense, guns must be used in all conflict. Ode

You can not understand political strategy because it is above your ability - historical and present.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply)

Umaru Musa Yar'adua With His Wife And Daughter / Saraki Mobbed By Women, Slay Mamas And Slay Queens In Ilorin / Murray-Bruce & Dino Melaye At Osinbajo's Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.