Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,168 members, 7,821,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. (7659 Views)

Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) / IGR: 5 Reasons Why Northern States Perform Poorly / Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by kettykin: 11:42pm On Dec 06, 2013
atlwireles: Why has this thread been deserted by the loud mouths and noise makers.Please clap for Delta 7 times, for putting the whole Western region where they belong.
it is not yet uhuru for delta state yet I believe delta state can still trounce lagos state hands down if the deep sea port is completed in warri.
The bulk of lagos economy is dependent on the oil company head quarters in lagos the international maritime gateway in apapa , the banks and telecoms companies with headquarters in lagos. With out these lagos wouldn't not generate more revenue than delta ,Akwaibom and Ebonyi.

I have often said that lagos has no real economy but runs on economic parasitism which is further worsened by the refusals of the government to open up other parts of the southern coast to the huge maritime economy

3 Likes

Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by emiye(m): 11:42pm On Dec 06, 2013
atlwireles:

Pleaseooooooo, Pleaseoooooo give us government numbers. The numbers here are from 2012, directly from FIRS, Make I believe your Osunoffender lie or what cool cool cool cool cool cool

I don't expect you to agree with the facts i stated, those facts do not support your delusion.

SIRS are involved with the numbers , not FIRS, that tells you FIRS will depend only on the state inland revenue service (SIRS) for numbers.

Ogun state now rakes at least 4 billion monthly, in a year, that translates to 48 billion.

IF Delta with high worth local and international oil producing companies scattered across the states can only rake in 45 billion yearly as IGR, you should be ashamed of yourself. Ogun state is now the most industrialised state in nigeria, with nothing less than 48 billion IGR, currently, the volume of construction works for new industries in Ogun state is breath taking, and in the next 1 year, i wont be surprised if Ogun state rakes N100BN yearly.

One thing is certain, the current Southwest governors under the APC leadership has focused on aggressive IGR drive.

1 Like

Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by theoctopus: 11:43pm On Dec 06, 2013
donphilopus: What's this one saying?? The same Benin you say it's filled with mud houses is still the same place your Igbbo brothers run to, to get their daily bread! I'm not even sure, you've visited Asaba, because no normal human being would even compare Asaba to Benin! They are not in the same level! Back in the mid-western state, Benin was still the capital.

Shut up my friend. I love Benin. I know Benin more than you, but dont compare Benin to even Asaba. Benin is a ghost town. There is nothing in Benin. How many industries are in Benin? The only reason Benin is still surviving is because it is a gateway between, west and east. Dont talk trash here my friend
Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by plaindealer: 11:45pm On Dec 06, 2013
Even Delta with all the oil wells and wuruwuru, Rivers still generate way more IGR than Delta and even more than the rest of SE combined..

Kudos to Amaechi
Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by atlwireles: 11:48pm On Dec 06, 2013
emiye:

I don't expect you to agree with the facts i stated, those facts do not support your delusion.

SIRS are involved with the numbers , not FIRS, that tells you FIRS will depend only on the state inland revenue service (SIRS) for numbers.

Ogun state now rakes at least 4 billion monthly, in a year, that translates to 48 billion.

IF Delta with high worth local and international oil producing companies scattered across the states can only rake in 45 billion yearly as IGR, you should be ashamed of yourself. Ogun state is now the most industrialised state in nigeria, with nothing less than 48 billion IGR, currently, the volume of construction works for new industries in Ogun state is breath taking, and in the next 1 year, i wont be surprised if Ogun state rakes N100BN yearly.

One thing is certain, the current Southwest governors under the APC leadership has focused on aggressive IGR drive.

Make una clap for una self, your lies don't work without official numbers from FIRS. Show me your N48B in black and white. Your Ogun can be more industrialized than Germany for all I care. Your IGR for 2011 was N10.8B, for 2012 N12.4B.

2 Likes

Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by atlwireles: 11:50pm On Dec 06, 2013
plaindealer: Even Delta with all the oil wells and wuruwuru, Rivers still generate way more IGR than Delta and even more than the rest of SE combined..

Kudos to Amaechi

This is the best you can done grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by plaindealer: 11:54pm On Dec 06, 2013
With all the Delta IGR noise, there is little or nothing on the ground to show for all that money so, of what relevance is the huge IGR? Delta is still a backward village.
Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by atlwireles: 11:55pm On Dec 06, 2013
plaindealer: With all the Delta IGR noise, there is little or nothing on the ground to show for all that money so, of what relevance is the huge IGR? Delta is still a backward village.

Backward village compared to where? Don't even go there.
Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by plaindealer: 11:55pm On Dec 06, 2013
atlwireles:

This is the best you can done grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

The fact that you are incapable of proving me wrong gives me great joy...

1 Like

Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by atlwireles: 11:57pm On Dec 06, 2013
plaindealer:

I'm OK with your post as long as you are incapable of proving me wrong...

Prove what wrong
Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by plaindealer: 11:57pm On Dec 06, 2013
atlwireles:

Black village compared to where? Don't even go there.

You can start by itemizing the huge IGR you are celebrating along with what the people of Delta are getting for it in terms of infrastructures and improved way of life.

Get set, Goooooo..
Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by kettykin: 11:58pm On Dec 06, 2013
Ngwakwe: How then is the South West different from the South East?

Ogun. 12,438,765,025.20. (2012)
Oyo. 14,598,808,723.10. (2012)
Osun. 5,020,250,633.94 (2012)
Ekiti. 3,787,607,515.35 (2012)
Ondo. 10,153,042,597.01. (2012)

Abia. N/A
Ebonyi. 14,033,391,157.02  (2011)
Imo. 6,810,221,957.04. (2012)
Anambra 7,725,561,681.00. (2010) 
Enugu. 12,209,587,683.00 (2012)

NB: Abia hosts more Multi-National Companies and Banks than any SE state hence collects more Tax

Can someone please view how Ebonyi state that was destroyed infrastructurally , economically some 40 years ago that has no federal projects or investments that was pauperised with the £20 scorched earth policy that has never produced s president or vice president that is land locked, that is barely 15 years old has beaten states like Ogun and Oyo that never experienced civil war or genocide , that has countless federal projects, investments, institutions, that has produced good for nothing presidents, vice presidents , head of states , that has costal and international boundaries, that is closer to deep sea ports and international airport gateway

5 Likes

Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by plaindealer: 11:59pm On Dec 06, 2013
atlwireles:

Prove what wrong

That Rivers generates more in IGR than the whole of SE and even delta with all their oil ..
Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by atlwireles: 11:59pm On Dec 06, 2013
plaindealer:

You can start by itemizing the huge IGR you are celebrating along with what the people of Delta are getting for it in terms of infrastructures and improved way of life.

Get set, Goooooo..

Stick to the thread, open a new thread and I will join you there. This is about IGR comparisons and not the effects of IGR to the people of the states. Don't derail my thread.
Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by emiye(m): 12:00am On Dec 07, 2013
atlwireles:
Make una clap for una self, your lies don't work without official numbers from FIRS. Show me your N48B in black and white. Your Ogun can be more industrialized than Germany for all I care. Your IGR for 2011 was N10.8B, for 2012 N12.4B.

FIRS only bank on information from State inland revenue service
Ogun: How we raised IGR from N700m to N4bn within two years – Akinlade

on August 14, 2013 / in Business 8:52 pm / Comments

Senior Special Assistant on Taxation and Internal Revenue Generation to the Ogun State Governor, Mr Kunle Akinlade, in this interview explains how the state Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has been able to raise the internal revenue profile of the state from N700 million to almost N4Billion within two years and efforts of Governor Ibikunle Amosun to reposition the state. Excerpts:

BY BEN AGANDE

On what is responsible for the huge rise in internal revenue profile of the state

I think we should give kudos to his Excellency for being able to put a team together, for being able to square pegs in square holes. I have a background in revenue generation; the chairman of the board of Internal Revenue is a Fellow of Chartered Institute of Taxation; the other two SSA’s are accountants.

When we came on board, one of the things we looked at immediately was to invite all the stakeholders at the board of internal revenue; we looked at what was on ground. There are two ways to get revenue; one is generation and one is collection. We looked at the processes on ground, which were mostly manual in terms of revenue collection. We looked at all the tax stations, the infrastructure on ground, mobility and training.
Kunle Akinlade

Kunle Akinlade

Most of these people even had to be trained for about five years; we looked at the qualification of some of the staff on ground and discovered that people who studied English were handling jobs that a chattered accountant should be handling.

What we did first within the first five months was to restructure the board in terms of personnel and immediately we got that in place, we reshuffled the board totally, bringing those who are supposed to be in administration back into the offices to handle administrative processes, we moved accountants into the field, we set up a very viable enforcement team, we built up the Human Relations Unit; we increased publicity, in terms of enlightening the public.

Taxpayer culture
What we met on ground was that because they were alienated, people were withdrawn; they did not want to hear about tax at all because of the way things were.

The governor mandated us to develop a society and a tax payer culture of voluntary compliance. so what we did was rather than go out there and run after tax payers, we actually engage tax payers in the process of collection, that was the first step and then in the first one year what we did was to carry out some sort of enumeration, get to know how many tax payers we have, how many of these tax payers are active, those that are not active, where they are and who they are.

Between 2011 and mid-2012, we saw significant changes, an upward shift in our revenue cap from about N700million to about N1.4 billion, and that gave us the confidence that at least we were doing something right. With that, we requested for the ministry, Civil Service Commission, to send more or to recruit more accountant because we needed professionals to come in and do the job.

Immediately we got that in place, we were able to interface with the complaints and set very realistic targets for our team to go out there, interface with the tax payers and let them see exactly what we are trying to achieve, get them involved as partners, let them understand that we are partners, that they are not debtors and whatever money they pay will be spent judiciously.

His Excellency from the very beginning started to make people know that he is there to rebuild the state and because people were seeing that the money being spent is being used, they could see the roads, they could see the projects all over the place and the compliance level increased and with that, it became easy for us to actually do our job and that is how we started.

How did you get tax payers to believe that the money would be judiciously utilised?

What we did first was to build confidence with tax payers. To build confidence, you have to get the man involved in the process of collection. For example we went through various associations in the state. People even thought it was impossible if we had to go through our associations but personally I had a different view.

I’ve always believed that once we get our associations involved, we will make progress because we had to look at the cost of collection on the part of the government, we had to look at the personnel we had to deploy if we are to run after people but when their associations are involved we’re looking at a hundred people with only one tax officer.

With one tax officer you will interface with the executives of the associations and they collate the names of their members. We agree on how much they want to pay, they do the collection and they remit to the bank. One tax officer’s job now is to make sure that money paid in is correct and to make sure that they receive their ETCC receipt for any payment which the association now gives tax payers.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/ogun-how-we-raised-igr-from-n700m-to-n4bn-within-two-years-akinlade/#sthash.URKmORnA.dpuf
Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by atlwireles: 12:01am On Dec 07, 2013
plaindealer:

That Rivers generates more in IGR than the whole of SE and even delta with all their oil ..

Open a rivers/SE thread. This is about Delta thrashing the 5 states in the southwest combined, minus Lagos in IGR generation.
Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by atlwireles: 12:03am On Dec 07, 2013
emiye:

http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/

http://media.premiumtimesng.com/dev/wp-content/files/2013/12/state-IGR-Tables-2010_2012.pdf

Look for Ogun there and do the needful.
Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by plaindealer: 12:04am On Dec 07, 2013
atlwireles:

Open a rivers/SE thread. This is about Delta thrashing the 5 states in the southwest combined, minus Lagos in IGR generation.

Thanks for proving me right and that you are incapable of proving me wrong.
Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by plaindealer: 12:05am On Dec 07, 2013
atlwireles:

http://media.premiumtimesng.com/dev/wp-content/files/2013/12/state-IGR-Tables-2010_2012.pdf

Hearing from straight from the horse's mouth trumps whatever crap you are peddling...
Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by atlwireles: 12:06am On Dec 07, 2013
plaindealer:

Thanks for proving me right and that you are incapable of proving me wrong.

You will not derail my thread. You are not smarter than a SS5 pupil. Open your thread and I will meet you there.
Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by atlwireles: 12:07am On Dec 07, 2013
plaindealer:

Hearing from straight from the horse's mouth trumps whatever crap you are peddling...

Too bad, your big mouth will closed for years to come. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by plaindealer: 12:09am On Dec 07, 2013
atlwireles:

This is about IGR comparisons and not the effects of IGR to the people of the states. Don't derail my thread.

So, you are only concerned about what they collect and not what they do with it like Ibori sitting in Jail after robbing and pillaging the whole state dry?

Btw, why collect IGR? Is it not to provide for the people?
Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by atlwireles: 12:10am On Dec 07, 2013
plaindealer:

So, you are only concerned about what they collect and not what they do with it like Ibori sitting in Jail after robbing and pillaging the whole state dry?

Btw, why collect IGR? Is it not to provide for the people?

Dude, don't be a jacka55 go open your thread
Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by plaindealer: 12:11am On Dec 07, 2013
atlwireles:

You will not derail my thread. You are not smarter than a SS5 pupil. Open your thread and I will meet you there.

You started this thread claiming Delta collects more in IGR than the whole of SW so why get mad cos I used your own figures to make the same point? Are you OK?
Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by emiye(m): 12:13am On Dec 07, 2013
atlwireles:

I am talking of current realities, you are living in the past,

if you want know the number of children a woman has, you had better ask the woman and not a cousin of the woman.
Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by plaindealer: 12:13am On Dec 07, 2013
emiye:

Thread don backfire. So, Ogun actually makes more than the same Delta and the whole of SE combined...

grin grin grin
Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by atlwireles: 12:14am On Dec 07, 2013
plaindealer:

You started this thread claiming Delta collects more in IGR than the whole of SW so why get mad cos I used your own figures to make the same point? Are you OK?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by plaindealer: 12:15am On Dec 07, 2013
emiye:

if you want know the number of children a woman has, you had better ask the woman and not a cousin of the woman.

This obviously too much common sense for some people to digest since they reason upside down..

1 Like

Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by atlwireles: 12:17am On Dec 07, 2013
emiye:

Come and see Yoruba wonder. So FIRS data from a week ago is now inaccurate grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by emiye(m): 12:20am On Dec 07, 2013
plaindealer:

Thread don backfire. So, Ogun actually makes more than the same Delta and the whole of SE combined...

grin grin grin
That is the situation, until the OP can prove that Delta state currently generates more than N4billion monthly, which translates to over N48billion yearly
Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by plaindealer: 12:23am On Dec 07, 2013
emiye: That is the situation, until the OP can prove that Delta state currently generates more than N4billion monthly, which translates to over N48billion yearly

I wont hold my breath...
Re: Delta State, IGR More Than All States In The Southwest [COMBINED] Minus Lagos. by emiye(m): 12:26am On Dec 07, 2013
atlwireles:

Come and see Yoruba wonder. So FIRS data from a week ago is now inaccurate grin grin grin grin grin grin

You can as well claim Nigeria's population is 88 million since that was the population on 1991 census report.

Current realities about IGR IN SOUTH WEST states invalidates all the old school figures you are parading.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ahmed Magaji Tinubu Is Not A Yoruba Name. Tinubu Mean Nothing In Yoruba / Threats From Buhari Supporters On Social Media In 2015 Election ( Pictures) / Picture of the army checking nigerian entering the country of western nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.