Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed (35542 Views)

Chibok Girls: "President Buhari Was Angry And Cold" - Enough Is Enough Nigeria / Why President Jonathan Should Be Supported - By: Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed / General Ibb's Bravado, By Dr Hakeem Baba-ahmed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by lanightdavido(m): 2:53am On Dec 10, 2013
Make I no lie...I no read diz stuff.I sha comment
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Mamacita007(f): 2:55am On Dec 10, 2013
as nigerians always say, there is hope

2 Likes

Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by engrj(m): 2:56am On Dec 10, 2013
A LETTER TO Dr. NELSON MANDELA

Dear Dr. Nelson,
Please when you get to d world beyond, tell Herbert
Macaulay that the party he founded has been turned to
People Destroying Party.
Tell Obafemi Awolowo that we now pay school fees without
going to school.
Help me tell Nnamdi Azikiwe that the long wall to
democracy he built has fallen, only the cracked fence still
stands.Tell Chief Anthony Enaharo that the independent nation he
fought for is no more.
Tell Alh. Ahmadu Bello that our judicial system now favors
only the rich.
Also tell Baba Fela that Terry G is the new afro beat king.
... and please don't forget to tell Prof. Iyayi that Federal
Govt paid N200 Billion into ASUU account but they have not
seen alert yet .good morning.

21 Likes

Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Nobody: 3:03am On Dec 10, 2013
EloquentMedia: Before we begin to blame our leaders, lets reexamine ourselves because our leaders still come from among us. If you still come to Nairaland to indulge in tribal warfare, then it is YOU Madiba is disappointed at. If you still cheat in the exam, and pass exam by sorting-it's a clear sign that you will cheat in election, and embezzle public funds. it is YOU that is painting us black let us as youths change our ways, embrace godly values and shun the get rich quick syndrome and collectively we will get to the promised land in our generation. After all history has shown us that evil does not pay and has a generational consequence
GOD BLESS YOU
WE ARE SO GOOD AT POINTING TO THE LEADERS
POINTING AT OTHER TRIBES
POINTING AT OTHER RELIGIONS
NEVER POINTING AT OURSELVES

13 Likes

Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by fosem(m): 3:10am On Dec 10, 2013
This is the issue. We are very comfortable with corruption. Why codone corruption cos the man incharge is from your region? It's sickening! I think it's high time we started asking critical question, ethno-religious chauvinism won't do us any good. Beleive me, it won't!!!

Take your lectures to ibb, atiku,abacha,farouk lawal and the likes of them.

1 Like

Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Nobody: 3:11am On Dec 10, 2013
JulianBond007: The same problem Mandela complained about Nigeria in 2007 in this interview is still happening presently. Nothing has changed instead it became worse. Too bad for a country like Nigeria. May God save us from the hands of our wicked leaders.
whats your contribution so far in making the change,you so wish for since 2007?

1 Like

Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by dayoungmoney1: 3:14am On Dec 10, 2013
If only my naija people will take a lesson from these wise words. we need to change our mentality individually & collectively. until we stop seeing the nation's wealth as 'national cake' and have the heart to contribute meaningfully to building this nation then naija will continue to be poo in the eyes of the world.

1 Like

Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Vinsaint(m): 3:30am On Dec 10, 2013
Go tellam mek e no carri vex com spoil w8in
he don do. Mek angels no go stopam for gate haven sey he carri xbit dey enta haven.
Vexation na very big offence haven.Na hin mek devil wan carri moses ded bodi for mountain. Shey u no?
Oya go tellan!
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by crownfierce: 3:38am On Dec 10, 2013
i love him.
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by bong4(m): 3:48am On Dec 10, 2013
"The World will not respect Africa until NIGERIA earns it". I so love this statement.

2 Likes

Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by ghananotnaija(m): 3:56am On Dec 10, 2013
bong4: "The World will not respect Africa until NIGERIA earns it". I so love this statement.

I pray to God that Mandiba was mistaken about that (he was, after all, human). If he was right, then Africa is to be doomed forever, for I see no hope in this country called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by thoth: 3:56am On Dec 10, 2013
It is impossible to eradicate corruption and create progressive leaders without heeding this advice first “Do you teach them history? Do you have lessons on how your past leaders stood by us and gave us large amounts of money? “.

Many African and south American nations whom has not indulged in imperialism during their recent history does not understand the importance of child education and instilling of national pride and ethics by teaching them their national history. They instead; when irked by the destructive mentality of their people resort to barbaric means, they become ruthless and Iron handed believing that can instill change on the people, this course of action instead creates resentment, that is no wonder because the people you are trying to direct has no foundations on such principle nor do they have certain knowledge which they can fall back on and compare their actions to decide what the nation expects of them.
With the rise of Pentecostalism, media addiction(hip-hop, wizkid etc) and the demise of Nigeria educational system such goals can only remain a dream.
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by CodeHouse: 4:04am On Dec 10, 2013
Madiba pointed at the fact that we, the youths are not angry at our corrupt leaders as expected of us...#BasicTruth

7 Likes

Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Nobody: 4:08am On Dec 10, 2013
Everybody is angry with Nigeria. Even those who are looting the treasury are angry with the nation as well. Is that a definition of failed state in some sense?
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Nobody: 4:25am On Dec 10, 2013
I cannot understand why Nigerians are not more angry than they are.
This is the summary of the entire essay. We the 'commoners' are the problem. We need to understand that until we stand up against this current system, there will be no change for the better. It was obvious Madiba was angry with the state of affairs in Nigeria, that's why he never acknowledged Nigeria publicly and any Nigerian that was oppurtuned to meet him as Dr Ahmed did will tell you the same thing the OP stated. It was an open secret.

4 Likes

Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by dasparrow: 4:25am On Dec 10, 2013
@Post

Madiba is right. If we as Nigerians don't change our orientation, Nigeria will not improve. We keep blaming the leaders but what about the citizens who give and take bribe? What about the civil servants in positions of power who embezzle money from their respective offices to build mansions all over the place? What of the average Nigerian's love for money and materialism? What of the greed in our society? Take Abuja for instance. There are so many apartment buildings including mansions springing up left and right. They are all too expensive for the common man to rent. Since the money that was used to build these properties was not gotten through hard work but rather through embezzlement, the owners can afford to allow the property stand there unoccupied. Nigeria's case is tiring. We keep saying 'e go better' but things have only gotten worse and not better. Let's not even kid ourselves.

3 Likes

Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by laoma15(m): 4:28am On Dec 10, 2013
Where are the Nigerian youths? Has anyone care to pause and think about the fate of he young boys and girls selling recharge cards and Gala in traffic across the country? We are wasting a whole Generation. It's high time we started demanding for accountability from the money bag leaders. Education is not all about going to school to accumulate certificates. Education is about knowing your right and being able to stand by it. Until we put an end to money politics, Nigeria will never produce a good leader that will take us to the promise land. Those that has money to throw around to get to political positions only cares about their investments. We have crops of credible people who can deliver as good leaders, but they do not have money to spend to get into the office. The youths of this Country need to rise to the occasion. Good name is better than Gold and Silver. Be an agent for change anywhere you find yourself. Do it in your locality and in your neighborhood. Any nation that pays so much emphasis on money such as Nigeria is heading for doom. Few words is enough for the wise. Madiba has said it all. Nigeria is an idolatry society that worships money. That will take us nowhere as a nation. Nigeria is the hope of all black race. We must get it right.

3 Likes

Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by POPEII: 4:31am On Dec 10, 2013
Deep
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by kraftykc(m): 4:34am On Dec 10, 2013
We must not let this Nigeria die. We have no other country, in fact we must aspire to greater and greater heights. We must lead, people of African descent all over the world are looking for a beacon and we must become that like for the dark skinned.

1 Like

Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by trillville(m): 4:37am On Dec 10, 2013
ghananotnaija:

I pray to God that Mandiba was mistaken about that (he was, after all, human). If he was right, then Africa is to be doomed forever, for I see no hope in this country called Nigeria.

1 in every 5 black person on the surface of earth is Nigeria. We are the highest concentration of black people on earth. If Nigeria does not get it's act right, black people will forever be looked down on. The treatment we receive abroad is because of Nigeria. The Chinese man used to suffer this same treatment. The mexicans are suffering the treatment now but they have light at the end of their tunnel. Is there any hope for the black man?

If Obama were to give a candid interview today, his statements would not be much different from Mandela. He would also be extremely Mad at Nigeria for failing the entire black race.

5 Likes

Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by chamboy(m): 4:45am On Dec 10, 2013
Do u think d likes of dangote who is pursuing world richest would want nigeria to grow
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by PopeXanderVII: 4:51am On Dec 10, 2013
trillville:

1 in every 5 black person on the surface of earth is Nigeria. We are the highest concentration of black people on earth. If Nigeria does not get it's act right, black people will forever be looked down on. The treatment we receive abroad is because of Nigeria. The Chinese man used to suffer this same treatment. The mexicans are suffering the treatment now but they have light at the end of their tunnel. Is there any hope for the black

man?

If Obama were to give a candid interview today, his statements would not be much different from Mandela. He would also be extremely Mad at Nigeria for failing the entire black race.

My brother, your parents raised you well.
Nigeria in the 70s was expected to be the first
Black Superpower Nation. Even Malcolm X
visited Nigeria around that period, he must be turning in his grave seeing how the black race has ended up. Nigeria let down not just its citizens but the entire black race. I also don't understand why Nigerians are not furious at their government for causing this.

3 Likes

Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by PopeXanderVII: 4:54am On Dec 10, 2013
chamboy: Do u think d likes of dangote who is pursuing world richest would want nigeria to grow

Yes! I believe Dangote wants Nigeria to grow. He's providing jobs for the People, in the long run that will reduce income inequality, Nigeria has a nearly non-existent middle class. Africa needs entrepreneurs!
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Nobody: 4:54am On Dec 10, 2013
Where are we heading to
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by mavinc4u(f): 5:09am On Dec 10, 2013
ghananotnaija:

there is power in every spoken word. we are the cause of our problem. can't we just see good things and say good things about Nigeria so that it would start from there. We use our mouth to condemn the country and expect it to be good. the tongue is fire and can be used to decree anything and it comes to pass. The Bible says our mouths have creative force. death and life are in the power of tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit so learn how to say God bless Nigeria. if everybody wakes up to say God bless Nigeria before their morning and night prayers, tell me if God will not bless Nigeria and make it a better place to live.
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Nobody: 5:25am On Dec 10, 2013
Thank you mr writer. Everyone is commenting and praising Madiba for his candid opinion on naija, as if we needed him to tell us before we can realize the truth.

Nigerians should not blame their leaders. We should blame ourselves. We vote them in. We play the devil's drum, while they dance in mischief.

The leaders , are simply the product of our society. They didn't fall from the sky. They are our fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, aunts and uncles. In some cases, our grannies.

Take nairaland for example; what's with this tribal bashing and religious intolerance? A nigerian commits a crime, all people look for is the tribe and religion. We are first and foremost, Nigerians. There should be patriotism among us. There should be no state of origin. In the western world, it doesn't matter where you are born as long as you are born in that country. Place of birth is secondary to the place of residence. Place of birth is just for immigrants. In the case of citizens, place of birth is just for record and genealogical purposes.

Unfortunately, in Nigeria you come from where your dad comes from. Not where you are born or live. Until every nigerian is seen as a nigerian and is free to live in any part of the country, unmolested and peacefully, we are never gonna make head way.

If a stray dog is found on the street, the cops or animal home outfits are contacted immediately. Such animals are taken in and cared for, until a foster home is found. That's western practice.

I cried for weeks when I read here on nairaland some of the comments supposedly made by some people who think that Lagos state belongs to them. People were calling fellow Nigerians destitute and telling them to go back to their land. Which land? Same people are here, hailing Madiba. Did Madiba ask the white s Africans to leave? Did he claim to own South Africa? No. He didn't.

We can change Nigeria starting from nairaland. Let's discuss constructively, with open minds and love for one another. Let's eschew pride and regional sentiments. Madiba didn't say anything new. Anyone who didn't know that before now, is simply a child. We are the hope of the black world. Without Nigeria, Africa cannot move forward. The rest of Africa is waiting for us to take our place in the League of Nations.

Let's forget our leaders. Past and present. Nairaland can serve as a starting point. Every tribal comment or religious bigotry, should be banned and the poster proscribed. Let's heal this forum. Then we can take it from here to the larger society. Thanks.

30 Likes

Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Nobody: 5:28am On Dec 10, 2013
hollandis: Nigerians and that past tense speech..Why didnt he say this when he was alive .Please tell this yoruba he-goat to stfu

Why the Yoruba he goat? What has his tribe got to do with this write up? Please, no tribal comments anymore. Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Nobody: 5:30am On Dec 10, 2013
This is the truth , how I wish he tells more about his view if nigeria break up....
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Aphrodite4(f): 5:32am On Dec 10, 2013
devigblegble: A blessed country but wicked and heartless politicians. I still believe in a better tomorrow for 9ja

True, but let me rephrase what Madiba said, "you will always get corrupt leaders from a corrupt people"
What we need to start the process of gradually coming out of the rut we are in is sound, principled education from kindergarten to graduate school..
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Nobody: 5:32am On Dec 10, 2013
1supremo: IF THE DIALOGUE APPEARS TOO LONG, READ THIS EXCERPT: IT'S A GOOD SYNOPSIS

"Your leaders have no respect for their people. They believe that their personal interests are the interests of the people. They take people's resources and turn it into personal wealth. There is a level of poverty in Nigeria that should be unacceptable. I cannot understand why Nigerians are not more angry than they are.

''Your elections are like wars. Now we hear that you cannot be president in Nigeria unless you are Muslim or Christian. Some people tell me your country may break up. Please don’t let it happen.

"What do young Nigerians think about your leaders and their country and Africa? Do you teach them history? Do you have lessons on how your past leaders stood by us and gave us large amounts of money? You know I hear from Angolans and Mozambicans and Zimbabweans how your people opened their hearts and their homes to them. I was in prison then, but we know how your leaders punished western companies who supported Apartheid." I reminded him that we had elected governments since 1999, and he knew some of our leaders in person. Yes, he did. "But what about the corruption and the crimes?" he asked.

''Let me tell you what I think you need to do; You should encourage leaders to emerge who will not confuse public office with sources of making personal wealth. Corrupt people do not make good leaders. Then you have to spend a lot of your resources for education. Educate children of the poor, so that they can get out of poverty. Poverty does not breed confidence. Only confident people can bring changes. Poor, uneducated people can also bring change, but it will be hijacked by the educated and the wealthy."

People had said to him that South Africa could become an alternative beacon of hope and inspiration for the black race and Africa. He told them it was always going to be Nigeria. "So," he said to me, "If this audience has been useful, I am glad. But it will be more useful to me if you go back to Nigeria and work to give young Nigerians good education. Teach them the value of hard work and sacrifice, and discourage them from crimes which are destroying your image as a good people.''

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerians Attack Saraki, Senate Over Osinbajo - Daily Trust / Beautiful APC Themed Pre-wedding Photos Of A Nigerian Couple / Court Orders FG To Pay Fine Of N200,000 To Sowore, Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.