Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed (35541 Views)

Chibok Girls: "President Buhari Was Angry And Cold" - Enough Is Enough Nigeria / Why President Jonathan Should Be Supported - By: Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed / General Ibb's Bravado, By Dr Hakeem Baba-ahmed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by cowtail: 10:54am On Dec 10, 2013
funky medina:

http://saharareporters.com/article/mandela-was-angry-nigeria-dr-hakeem-baba-ahmed
our free fall as a nation did not start five year ago. It started many years before then. It is quite unfortunate that this hakeem and others like him can not hide their hatred for jonathan.
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by uceee(m): 10:57am On Dec 10, 2013
ontarian: Thank you mr writer. Everyone is commenting and praising Madiba for his candid opinion on naija, as if we needed him to tell us before we can realize the truth.

Nigerians should not blame their leaders. We should blame ourselves. We vote them in. We play the devil's drum, while they dance in mischief.

The leaders , are simply the product of our society. They didn't fall from the sky. They are our fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, aunts and uncles. In some cases, our grannies.

Take nairaland for example; what's with this tribal bashing and religious intolerance? A nigerian commits a crime, all people look for is the tribe and religion. We are first and foremost, Nigerians. There should be patriotism among us. There should be no state of origin. In the western world, it doesn't matter where you are born as long as you are born in that country. Place of birth is secondary to the place of residence. Place of birth is just for immigrants. In the case of citizens, place of birth is just for record and genealogical purposes.

Unfortunately, in Nigeria you come from where your dad comes from. Not where you are born or live. Until every nigerian is seen as a nigerian and is free to live in any part of the country, unmolested and peacefully, we are never gonna make head way.

If a stray dog is found on the street, the cops or animal home outfits are contacted immediately. Such animals are taken in and cared for, until a foster home is found. That's western practice.

I cried for weeks when I read here on nairaland some of the comments supposedly made by some people who think that Lagos state belongs to them. People were calling fellow Nigerians destitute and telling them to go back to their land. Which land? Same people are here, hailing Madiba. Did Madiba ask the white s Africans to leave? Did he claim to own South Africa? No. He didn't.

We can change Nigeria starting from nairaland. Let's discuss constructively, with open minds and love for one another. Let's eschew pride and regional sentiments. Madiba didn't say anything new. Anyone who didn't know that before now, is simply a child. We are the hope of the black world. Without Nigeria, Africa cannot move forward. The rest of Africa is waiting for us to take our place in the League of Nations.

Let's forget our leaders. Past and present. Nairaland can serve as a starting point. Every tribal comment or religious bigotry, should be banned and the poster proscribed. Let's heal this forum. Then we can take it from here to the larger society. Thanks.
Sorry, Nairaland is even worse than the real life Nigeria. It can't be helped that people will say all the silly things they would never be bold enough to say in real life here. Anyone going by the tribal e-wars here would think that once Igbos meet Yorubas, they fight to the death. People can support any government action they like and never back down, lest they be seen to be "weak".

The mods whom you would expect to regulate these things are happy to even encourage them. After all tribal wars generate more traffic. If you doubt me, open this topic: "Ikenna Okoro & Maduabuchi caught for kidnapping" Or "Yemi & Kehinde arrested for 419". They will quickly hit front page and may reach 10 pages or more of tribal bashing.

A normal person could come here and develop into a tribal bigot in no time.

1 Like

Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by kabba7(m): 10:58am On Dec 10, 2013
I think the most interesting line in that statement is

"Corrupt people don't make good leaders "

We put those we know are corrupt into office to lead us becAuse of sentiment of tribe ,religion ,etc that was exactly how Jonathan got there after his disastrous Bayelsa term . Nigerians really need to wake up. My problem however why this after Madiba"s death ? Someone has this but hid it .
God have mercy on Mandelas soul. Amen

This fall did not start today but we surely are doing it at a more dangerous speed !!!!!!!
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Spray(m): 11:07am On Dec 10, 2013
EloquentMedia: Before we begin to blame our leaders, lets reexamine ourselves because our leaders still come from among us. If you still come to Nairaland to indulge in tribal warfare, then it is YOU Madiba is disappointed at. If you still cheat in the exam, and pass exam by sorting-it's a clear sign that you will cheat in election, and embezzle public funds. it is YOU that is painting us black let us as youths change our ways, embrace godly values and shun the get rich quick syndrome and collectively we will get to the promised land in our generation. After all history has shown us that evil does not pay and has a generational consequence
gbam! U said it all,, but pardon me 2 sort my final year exam!
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by MrT2011(m): 11:40am On Dec 10, 2013
Ghost01: He should also have been angry with himself and his country. Despite the political concessions made by the Mandela-led ANC, social inequality and economic injustice persists, till date, in the Rainbow Nation. This is a country (South Africa) that has a GDP ($408.24 billion as of 2011) that's far greater then Nigeria's ($243.99 billion as of 2011), a population (50,586,757 as of 2011) that's less than 40% that of Nigeria's (162,470,737 as of 2011), and yet has an unemployment rate (29.8% as of 2011) that's greater than Nigeria's (23.90% as of 2011).

Young man, why are you so narrow & dark minded? I feel your energy letting you groom with HATE!
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by NellyGhenghen(m): 11:54am On Dec 10, 2013
Two solutions: Long run:Give all kids free quality education, build quality public schools and impose heavy tax on private schools, make education compulsory and free till a certain age. give the pupils trained teachers who will teach them to love and value the republic, and that no matter what tribe or religion, we are all one. sadly this is not the case in most schools, my teachers only taught me history and culture, they never taught me to value and love the republic. You even see teachers who will say stuff like "omor ibo" why should a teacher say that? remember no1 was born with hate, nor criminality.. we are all products of our environment.

Short Run: Youths should stop being tigers on keyboard and hit the streets! its this suffering and smiling attitude that is killing Nigeria.

Ive said this in so many other threads and i'm going to say it again. Nigeria should be one of the world powers!! and in as much as all other African countries hate to admit it, they are all looking up to Nigeria. Ghanians and other African countries are always making fun of Nigeria and we think its hate? NO!!! they are disappointed that you have failed them!!! Nigeria is the power house of entertainment in Africa, every upcoming singer/ actress/Dj/VJ from all other African Nation wants to come to Nigeria, Nigeria is the 2nd richest Nation in Africa and 40th in the world, Most influential Nation in Africa, Nigeria is the only Nation in Africa where foreigners can live as comfortable as they would in their countries, sometimes even more comfortable without discrimination e.g Dan foster. what else does a Nation need?

Nigerian youths are incredibly gifted creative and talented, A Nigerian was the first to hack an ATM machine!! imagine what this lad could have invented with the right education and mental build up! Nigeria could easily be the USA of Africa(she already is to an extent) and one of the G20 countries! We need deliverance, we need a revolution! not until these corrupt witches and wizards leave seat will we see development, and not until you get out of your sheets and hit the streets will they leave the seats!

1 Like

Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by nagoma(m): 12:17pm On Dec 10, 2013
"'Toh', Papa Mandela, who is happy with Nigeria except the looters?
We know that.
But bros GEJ DOES NOT SEE,
nor HEAR
nor SPEAK
nor does he FEEL
the pain that corruption is engendering in this highly blessed country! Worst of all he does not give a damn, imagine, give a damn!"

quote: FiRe CloUd Of GoD.
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by rabzy: 12:18pm On Dec 10, 2013
mavinc4u:

there is power in every spoken word. we are the cause of our problem. can't we just see good things and say good things about Nigeria so that it would start from there. We use our mouth to condemn the country and expect it to be good. the tongue is fire and can be used to decree anything and it comes to pass. The Bible says our mouths have creative force. death and life are in the power of tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit so learn how to say God bless Nigeria. if everybody wakes up to say God bless Nigeria before their morning and night prayers, tell me if God will not bless Nigeria and make it a better place to live.

It is only in Nigeria where nothing happens that people keeps saying there is power in the spoken word...there is no power in words you just speak to the air...absolutely zero power..you need motivation and then action..if we like lets keep singing 'Nigeria go better'...it means nothing.
Its just too annoying hearing church people and this fictitious powerful tongue.

which foolish "God Bless Nigeria' should people be saying, did you not read where God says he will not answer the prayers of people whose hand s are filled with blood and not committed to change.

1 Like

Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Orikinla(m): 12:25pm On Dec 10, 2013
We have had great leaders in the past and we can still have great leaders today.

What we need most in Nigeria are nation builders and not title chasers.
Majority of Nigerians are title chasers and such people cannot build a nation.

Look in the mirror.
Are you not one of the greedy and selfish title chasers who have turned Nigeria into a dog eat dog land?

Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by StYangOpal(m): 12:30pm On Dec 10, 2013
funky medina:

http://saharareporters.com/article/mandela-was-angry-nigeria-dr-hakeem-baba-ahmed
IF WE NIGERIANS CAN GET RID OF I DON'T CARE ATTITUDE WITHIN US, THEN WE GONNA MAKE IT. GOD BLESS NIGERIA
funky medina:

IF WE NIGERIANS CAN GET RID OF I DON'T CARE ATTITUDE WITHIN US, THEN WE GONNA MAKE IT. GOD BLESS NIGERIA
funky medina:

Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Naus(m): 12:47pm On Dec 10, 2013
kolardzy: Quite an interesting Discussion(too long tho)..
I think it all depends on how we motivate our next generation leaders to lead right and shun Corruption..This current ones have failed us sad

How do we motivate our next generation leaders when the currently failed Leaders are still grooming their successors and ensuring that they get to power by all means?? Birds of a feather fluck together!
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 10, 2013
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by realteflon(m): 2:01pm On Dec 10, 2013
[b][/b]'You should encourage leaders to
emerge who will not confuse public office
with sources of making personal wealth.
Corrupt people do not make good leaders.
Then you have to spend a lot of your resources for education. Educate children of
the poor, so that they can get out of poverty.
Poverty does not breed confidence.

The above statement from mandela passionately stoodout to me but most especially 'POVERTY DOES NOT BREED CONFIDENCE'
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 10, 2013
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by TrishaP(f): 2:55pm On Dec 10, 2013
repogirl: 'Free fall in the past five years?' I hate all this propaganda bullshit targeted at a government that is really trying its best despite serious and deliberate opposition from jealous id!ots hiding behind a nonsensical cause!

Madiba was right in his assertions but then it should not be misconstrued and used to target this present government! Nigeria's free falling began a long time ago, like madiba said, from our DICTATORS and their DICTATING ERA...... Not just five years ago!

So your here eh!! I've been looking for you. See how you left us frustrated with suspense in false pretense. Pls help us out and drop the last one naw. cry cry cry
*on my knees
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by taobao123: 3:28pm On Dec 10, 2013
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Ekes5: 3:43pm On Dec 10, 2013
O.michael.O:
*RUBS EYEs*
when i wake up.i will comment

aWake grin
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by balladin: 3:48pm On Dec 10, 2013
Our politicians are touts and ex cultists. The game is so dirty no sane person can play it. We wanted democracy, fastfoward 14 years and ex military men have taken over the polity along with their thugs and cultists. The youths need to unite, rise and take their future.
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 10, 2013
Judek2: [size=48pt]Some people tell me your country may break up. Please don’t let it happen'. [/size]

This is where I doubt.. We have lost it.. Whatever pillar that held us together is shaking..
"Things fall apart, when the center cannot hold"

It is because of people like you that i don't associate myself with any Igbo person even though i am Igbo. You are not educated neither are you intelligent. You want Nigeria to break-up in 2015 so that you can have Biafra. Good!!! But....

* How many houses/condominium/apartments have they built in Biafra to accommodate all the Igbos when they return?

* Where is the good road? Water? Electricity? Healthcare? Security? and many more to cater for households, industries et al.

* What are the preparations for The Republic of Biafra?

* Of all countries on earth, Igbos choose a tyrant nation Israel as an ally. Why Israel?

... I can go on and on but it's going to get personal.

Now i want you to walk outside your house, raise your hands up, look up to the sky and say "God why you come create me like this na?".

Common sense is truly not common.

3 Likes

Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by ibrokola(m): 9:50pm On Dec 10, 2013
born2fuck: I no even fit read ham finish, maybe reasonn I got E sometimes but wondering why some people can't just write that the point rather than a novel

Its not the writer that has a problem, its you who is too lazy to read!(No offense intended). Just as Madiba stated, you need re-education!
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by 40Lightyears: 11:07pm On Dec 10, 2013
Who can blame Mandela? His unhappiness with Nigeria isn't misplaced at all. Even i am unhappy with Nigeria so are my fellow Nigerians too. Except for the thieving politicians.
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by bassette(m): 2:12am On Dec 11, 2013
lekanfahd: It has been well said. I dont think any sensible person need to consult BABALAWO or ask GOOGLE to know that the level of corruption especially among our leaders is so much that one cant just imagine and also the decay in educational system is unimaginable too. No great nation in the world today achieve whatever they have without educating the young. They are the future and hope of any nation that wants to be great
you are totally right
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by londoner: 5:51am On Dec 11, 2013
How could he be that angry with Nigeria, but could not be with the very people who imprisoned him for 27 years and killed his own people?

Anyhoo, he should have considered that the leaders who met and concluded that they would step back and let Nigeria deal with it made the wrong choice.

You dont see your neighbours houss on fire and say their sons will put it out. Maybe their input would have made a difference. Nigeria is not there just to come to the aid of others only. while others stand back when we need help, even diplomatically.

As far as disappontment, I am dissapointed in what SA is after the worlds effort to free them from aparteid. After coming from oppression, they display xenophobic attuitudes towards fellow black africans. After being freed from violence they have features year after year on murder and violent crime indexes.

I am also dissapointed with SA and the shape is has taken after aparteid.

2 Likes

Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by bassette(m): 9:36am On Dec 11, 2013
teajay007: Hmmmm,I keep wondering how Nigeria can be one of the most religious country in the world and at the same time one of the most corrupt country.
my brother that is what really amazes me too..I dunno what else to say
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by guiddoti: 10:22am On Dec 11, 2013
1supremo: ---------------------IF THE DIALOGUE APPEARS TOO LONG, READ THIS EXCERPT: IT'S A GOOD SYNOPSIS------------------------

"Your leaders have no respect for their people. They believe that their personal interests are the interests of the people. They take people's resources and turn it into personal wealth. There is a level of poverty in Nigeria that should be unacceptable. I cannot understand why Nigerians are not more angry than they are.

''Your elections are like wars. Now we hear that you cannot be president in Nigeria unless you are Muslim or Christian. Some people tell me your country may break up. Please don’t let it happen.

"What do young Nigerians think about your leaders and their country and Africa? Do you teach them history? Do you have lessons on how your past leaders stood by us and gave us large amounts of money? You know I hear from Angolans and Mozambicans and Zimbabweans how your people opened their hearts and their homes to them. I was in prison then, but we know how your leaders punished western companies who supported Apartheid." I reminded him that we had elected governments since 1999, and he knew some of our leaders in person. Yes, he did. "But what about the corruption and the crimes?" he asked.

''Let me tell you what I think you need to do; You should encourage leaders to emerge who will not confuse public office with sources of making personal wealth. Corrupt people do not make good leaders. Then you have to spend a lot of your resources for education. Educate children of the poor, so that they can get out of poverty. Poverty does not breed confidence. Only confident people can bring changes. Poor, uneducated people can also bring change, but it will be hijacked by the educated and the wealthy."

People had said to him that South Africa could become an alternative beacon of hope and inspiration for the black race and Africa. He told them it was always going to be Nigeria. The world will not respect Africa until Nigeria earns that respect. The black people of the world need Nigeria to be great as a source of pride and confidence. "So," he said to me, "If this audience has been useful, I am glad. But it will be more useful to me if you go back to Nigeria and work to give young Nigerians good education. Teach them the value of hard work and sacrifice, and discourage them from crimes which are destroying your image as a good people. ''
I hope our politicians have read this wonderful advice. It should be food for thought to any office holder. All the bolded statement are just too correct. That's problem with Nigeria leaders. The case of Wike and gov. Amechi call for concern. Are they really fighting for common people.? I just don't know what to say.
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by virtueismyne: 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2013
With a heart full of concern and respect, Madiba has summarized the problems of nigeria and also profer solution. What then is still holding ths nation frm embracing change we need. i guese one of the problems is segregation and tribalism, u will see this clearly even in ur place of work and churches. God help us...
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Energito: 12:29pm On Dec 11, 2013
Hmm
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Litmus: 1:49pm On Dec 11, 2013
lol, I've never read so much twaddle in my life. And, i apologies for those that i offend, but to me Mandala's attitude in the article and the general treatment of Nigeria smacks of all that is wrong with the black race. The thing I've noticed with black people -except for Nigerians and this is why i will die defending Nigerians - is that black people are self loathing cowards. What I'm trying to articulate here in only a few lines requires many volumes of books, so bare with me. It can be difficult for some people to strike at the heart of the truth amidst the pseudo intellectualism but I'm not one of those people. I'm like the simple boy who saw that the king was really naked.

So here it is:

Nigeria was strident in its anti apartheid stance. I do no like Indians but Nigeria and India, ( Rajiv Ghandi (RIP) Jamaica also were really the nations most viscivorus against white rule. Nigeria for whatever reason, perhaps because of her stance towards South Africa, was and continues to be viewed with the trepidation accorded the Mandigo at the bedroom door of the white woman. It does not pay to fight the black fight, blacks will eventually be against you!!!

The simple truth is that Mandela and South Africa sacrificed Nigeria in order to gain the favor of the white nations like America and Britain that had hitherto been the most reluctant to see black rule in South Africa. Mandala made a lot of compromises. He compromised his wife, ostensibly for her part in Stumpi's death, but really it was in order to facilitate his smooth entry into power and not offend his international support. Like Teflon he is ruthless with grease. Again, get it in your too much politics addled brains - Mandela simply sacrificed Nigeria as he did Winni Mandela the rest is simply justifications. The notion that Nigeria let down the black world and not that Mandela let down the black world really is quite Machiavellian. Bravo!! Quote: Nigerian leaders don't care for their people what a laugh!! Orrrr poor bleeding heart Mandela he cared for the Nigerian people so he made Nigeria a pariah state because he loved us so.

Who is the funniest comedian in the world right now?? I bet he wont have delivered a more hilarious line than this, Mandela gag :The world will not respect Africa until Nigeria earns that respect. The black people of the world need Nigeria to be great as a source of pride and confidence grin grin grin

No one gives a Bleep about how Nigerian government treats Nigerians. Certainly not Mandela. The international community don't love you Nigerians that much. The world isn't out there wringing its collective grubby hands and shaking its hypocritical heads in sadness at the so-called plight of Nigerian citizenry. In fact they would glory if you're on television in rags and begging for food and hiding form marauding rapist soldiers such as visions of the CAR and Ethiopia respectively.

Now, his Mandela's actions shouldn't be viewed with surprise, however Nigerians are naive when it comes to understanding the wretched and servile state of the black world to which they do not really belong but think that they do. The black is never more dangerous or ruthless than when fighting for the causes of others. Remember that.
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 11, 2013
EloquentMedia: Before we begin to blame our leaders, lets reexamine ourselves because our leaders still come from among us. If you still come to Nairaland to indulge in tribal warfare, then it is YOU Madiba is disappointed at. If you still cheat in the exam, and pass exam by sorting-it's a clear sign that you will cheat in election, and embezzle public funds. it is YOU that is painting us black let us as youths change our ways, embrace godly values and shun the get rich quick syndrome and collectively we will get to the promised land in our generation. After all history has shown us that evil does not pay and has a generational consequence

145 likes
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by zayyadi: 10:53am On Apr 09, 2015
you won't regret it ---> www.capitalcitymagazine..com
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Obinna90: 8:00pm On May 13, 2017
This is to inform every body that is willing and able to work to appear in this information
A newly established company in lagos is in need of workers weather educated or uneducated
please a potential person should forward his or her to 09026007201 or email Obinnaegwim842@gmail.com
salary is very attractive but negotiate with the admin
Job applicant deadline........2nd june 2017

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PDP Reacts To The Death Of Jide Tinubu / Armed Security Operatives Block #EndSARSMemorial Protesters In Abuja (Photos) / Sowore: The FG Is Fighting Obi & Datti Because They Are Partners In Crime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.