Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,833 members, 7,813,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed (35539 Views)

Chibok Girls: "President Buhari Was Angry And Cold" - Enough Is Enough Nigeria / Why President Jonathan Should Be Supported - By: Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed / General Ibb's Bravado, By Dr Hakeem Baba-ahmed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Nobody: 6:44am On Dec 10, 2013
funky medina: I pray nigerians will keep aside sentiments and see that Madiba was very correct !

Dont mind nigerians that refuses to accept d obvious but love to smile in pains and poverty. If it was nigeria, am sure electricity would've gone off during the short period conversation. grin Fabulous nation that only breed corrupt leaders. Nonsense!!!
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by dabossman(m): 6:45am On Dec 10, 2013
mavinc4u:

there is power in every spoken word. we are the cause of our problem. can't we just see good things and say good things about Nigeria so that it would start from there. We use our mouth to condemn the country and expect it to be good. the tongue is fire and can be used to decree anything and it comes to pass. The Bible says our mouths have creative force. death and life are in the power of tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit so learn how to say God bless Nigeria. if everybody wakes up to say God bless Nigeria before their morning and night prayers, tell me if God will not bless Nigeria and make it a better place to live.

Oh please spare me this. For how many years have we been saying "it is well, e go beta" while things get worse? Sometimes, we Christians like to live in denial. Did you not see how in the Bible God condemned his own people with strong words when they went astray? Did the prophets in the Bible speak only positive things even when the people were corrupt? We need to condemn what is wrong until Nigerians truly repent and turn from their evil ways.

7 Likes

Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Sike(m): 6:47am On Dec 10, 2013
devigblegble: A blessed country but wicked and heartless politicians. I still believe in a better tomorrow for 9ja
BELIEVE?! Guy abeg wake up!
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by NOIBMUUL(m): 6:48am On Dec 10, 2013
born2fuck: I no even fit read ham finish, maybe reasonn I got E sometimes but wondering why some people can't just write that the point rather than a novel

You no serious oh! But if na olosho matter now, you go read am finish!
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Nightingale(m): 6:49am On Dec 10, 2013
Nigerians only know how to give solutions and complain about the economic situations of the country. But taking that first step towards solving the issues, no one is seen.
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Nobody: 6:51am On Dec 10, 2013
frankcimc:

I think these points should be the basic solution to most of our problems as a nation. We need to change a lot of things in our system especially in education.

God Bless Nigeria!

I couldn't agree more bro..the Nigerian education system is completely wrong...jst for one, imaging in this 21st century, university admissions are still giving on the basis of catchement areas and whom- you-know, rather than grades, desire, and passion for study..most nigerians in the university system believe the education they receive is jst a platform for future jobs, dats y they keep crying abt un-employment. While a bulk of others who thought they are actually the serious ones, are jst concerned abt the grades they score after the end of the term..as long as the grades are gud..wat they had learnt doesn't matter at all
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Nobody: 6:52am On Dec 10, 2013
careytommy:
This is the summary of the entire essay. We the 'commoners' are the problem. We need to understand that until we stand up against this current system, there will be no change for the better. It was obvious Madiba was angry with the state of affairs in Nigeria, that's why he never acknowledged Nigeria publicly and any Nigerian that was oppurtuned to meet him as Dr Ahmed did will tell you the same thing the OP stated. It was an open secret.
Truth, we must act now.

1 Like

Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Nightingale(m): 6:53am On Dec 10, 2013
I know of a local government chairman who just recently sent his children abroad, one to Ukraine, another to Qatar, onethe third born to the UK while the last was sent to Italy. What do u make of that? What hope does the common man have?
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 10, 2013
dabossman:

Oh please spare me this. For how many years have we been saying "it is well, e go beta" while things get worse? Sometimes, we Christians like to live in denial. Did you not see how in the Bible God condemned his own people with strong words when they went astray? Did the prophets in the Bible speak only positive things even when the people were corrupt? We need to condemn what is wrong until Nigerians truly repent and turn from their evil ways.

Same point the madiba jst noted..when he said" is it true that you cannot b president in Nigeria unless you are a christian or muslim?"
What he was invaribly saying is that Nigerians are so intoxicated with religious sentiments and bigotry that they induce it b4 evrythn they do. The Man is talkn abt the 21st century reality, and he outlined simple real and practical solutions to it, yet, we are here quoting the bible that was written millions of years ago, to sort out a contemporary issue..SMH
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by dabossman(m): 7:00am On Dec 10, 2013
repogirl: 'Free fall in the past five years?' I hate all this propaganda bullshit targeted at a government that is really trying its best despite serious and deliberate opposition from jealous id!ots hiding behind a nonsensical cause!

Madiba was right in his assertions but then it should not be misconstrued and used to target this present government! Nigeria's free falling began a long time ago, like madiba said, from our DICTATORS and their DICTATING ERA...... Not just five years ago!

And where on this thread has anyone laid the blame at the feet of this present government? It's not all about GEJ my dear.

3 Likes

Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Nobody: 7:00am On Dec 10, 2013
Why is this just coming up after His death?

#make9ja_a_betterplace_Ur_day2day_indulgement_shapes_the_future_of_this_great_nation!
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by nagoma(m): 7:01am On Dec 10, 2013
osystein: hmmm.. did he really say those things? This to me looks fictional, why didn't he write this when mandela was alive?

You don't seem to like the truth. You must be deriving immense benefit from corruption, or you are just evil.

2 Likes

Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by bebechuks: 7:05am On Dec 10, 2013
1supremo: IF THE DIALOGUE APPEARS TOO LONG, READ THIS EXCERPT: IT'S A GOOD SYNOPSIS

"Your leaders have no respect for their people. They believe that their personal interests are the interests of the people. They take people's resources and turn it into personal wealth. There is a level of poverty in Nigeria that should be unacceptable. I cannot understand why Nigerians are not more angry than they are.

''Your elections are like wars. Now we hear that you cannot be president in Nigeria unless you are Muslim or Christian. Some people tell me your country may break up. Please don’t let it happen.

"What do young Nigerians think about your leaders and their country and Africa? Do you teach them history? Do you have lessons on how your past leaders stood by us and gave us large amounts of money? You know I hear from Angolans and Mozambicans and Zimbabweans how your people opened their hearts and their homes to them. I was in prison then, but we know how your leaders punished western companies who supported Apartheid." I reminded him that we had elected governments since 1999, and he knew some of our leaders in person. Yes, he did. "But what about the corruption and the crimes?" he asked.

''Let me tell you what I think you need to do; You should encourage leaders to emerge who will not confuse public office with sources of making personal wealth. Corrupt people do not make good leaders. Then you have to spend a lot of your resources for education. Educate children of the poor, so that they can get out of poverty. Poverty does not breed confidence. Only confident people can bring changes. Poor, uneducated people can also bring change, but it will be hijacked by the educated and the wealthy."

People had said to him that South Africa could become an alternative beacon of hope and inspiration for the black race and Africa. He told them it was always going to be Nigeria. "So," he said to me, "If this audience has been useful, I am glad. But it will be more useful to me if you go back to Nigeria and work to give young Nigerians good education. Teach them the value of hard work and sacrifice, and discourage them from crimes which are destroying your image as a good people.''
word!
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Nobody: 7:05am On Dec 10, 2013
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by bebechuks: 7:07am On Dec 10, 2013
But why is he saying it now? Wot happened?
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:09am On Dec 10, 2013
[size=15pt]Now we hear that you cannot be president in Nigeria unless you are Muslim or Christian. Some people tell me your country may break up. Please don’t let it happen'.[/size]

d bolded iz specially 4 our eastern jews & eastern internet warlords grin

#takes off b4 ogbonigwe bomb lands on him#
hee-hee-hee grin
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by brownlord: 7:09am On Dec 10, 2013
mavinc4u:

there is power in every spoken word. we are the cause of our problem. can't we just see good things and say good things about Nigeria so that it would start from there. We use our mouth to condemn the country and expect it to be good. the tongue is fire and can be used to decree anything and it comes to pass. The Bible says our mouths have creative force. death and life are in the power of tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit so learn how to say God bless Nigeria. if everybody wakes up to say God bless Nigeria before their morning and night prayers, tell me if God will not bless Nigeria and make it a better place to live.

If you have nothing to say you better not comment, what kind of good thing do you want us to start saying?

I grew up to meet my parents using this word "E GO BETTER" since then till now what has been the result of that lazy comment?

Things are getting worse, education, health everything is declining in this nation and you want us to say start prophesying, since when did saying a word start changing real life situation.

okay its morning here can i also say am rich and walk to the bank to fill a slip to collect money because i need to eat today. My friend only lazy and timid people keep talking and hoping things will change, Thailand, Ukraine and other Country's are demanding accountability from their government as we speak now, and here in Nigeria school have been closed for over 5 months and you are telling me to start saying good things, what more do you want me to say that have not been said?

7 Likes

Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Nobody: 7:09am On Dec 10, 2013
underscore: Every sane person should be angry at the state of affairs in Nigeria! See this hawt chic exposing her backside: http://trendysturvs..com/2013/12/dear-readers-please-caption-this-hawt.html

so long these kind of people exist in Nigeria don't expect a bright future I'm sorry Shem. Instead of protesting against corruption this is all their concerned about. I bet if Mandela had to see someone like you he would have strangled u to death. You are the kind of people that make our African leader's struggle pointless!

2 Likes

Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by bebechuks: 7:10am On Dec 10, 2013
nagoma:

You don't seem to like the truth. You must be deriving immense benefit from corruption, or you are just evil.
its not a matter of being evil, wot he would have done ws immediately after the visit, he will let d whole world know, not now.
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by howfarwhatagwan: 7:14am On Dec 10, 2013
Even Nigeria citizens are angry with Nigeria but for how long my people?
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Dannylux: 7:26am On Dec 10, 2013
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Judek2(m): 7:27am On Dec 10, 2013
[size=48pt]Some people tell me your country may break up. Please don’t let it happen'. [/size]

This is where I doubt.. We have lost it.. Whatever pillar that held us together is shaking..
"Things fall apart, when the center cannot hold"
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by surecan: 7:28am On Dec 10, 2013
Our problem is that we dont like to say the truth, Hausa is the problem of Nigeria and it is only Nigeria that can solve Nigeria problem. Now president have initiated a national conference where every tribe can say their mind but they refused to honor it, then tell me hw can things work out in this nation than to give them boko haram republic make buhari g and rule them
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by ExpressBooking(m): 7:31am On Dec 10, 2013
funky medina: I pray nigerians will keep aside sentiments and see that Madiba was very correct !

Sure he was very correct
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 10, 2013
hollandis: so it was mandela that caused that xenophobic violence against Nigerians in South Africa? and I am sure he masterminded district 9.Even if the whole world mourns ,I am sorry ....why should i care....

If he has a case against Sani Aabacha,,does he mean he should let the whole world hate Nigerians?
Mandela the oly legacy you left for Nigerians is to make the whole world hate us
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 10, 2013
hollandis:

I don't like cowards
Apart from Dele Giwa,Fela and Gani Fawehinmi ,every other yoruba in the limelight annoys me,they act,speak ,stink and are masters of cowardice

Oh yeah?

[size=14pt]Among The Ibos Of Nigeria, GT Basden, London, Seeley, Service & Co, 1921[/size]

…The appearance of a crowd of carriers, with their spare frames, spindle-legs and cucumber
calves, often prompts the thought that the men must have recently experienced a period of famine. On the western side this is not the case. There the people are [size=18pt]shorter[/size] and are of a stocky, thick-set build. They are disposed to be [size=18pt]lazy[/size] yet they are passionate, and of a rash and fiery temperament, the result probably of an over-abundant supply of rich food……[size=18pt]The shape of the skull repeats itself with astonishing regularity[/size], this pecularity, perhaps, being accounted for by the process of moulding the shape of the head during infancy……Every town, and, incidentally, every family or household, stands by itself. There is no combination between town and town. Although speaking the same language, and in times of peace intermarrying with one another, the nearest neighbours are still regarded as strangers, e.g., the people of Onitsha and those of Opusi do not reckon themselves as of one tribe, though a distance of less than five miles separates the two towns.

pg 31-32

…Of sanitary ideas there is none, nor is there any sense of modesty as the European understands the term. As regards sanitation, however, it must be remembered that the sun is a powerful purifying agent, otherwise the conditions would, in many places, be unendurable.

Pg 33-34

Nor were these fears groundless. [size=18pt]Cannibalism, human sacrifices and other savage customs were real facts,[/size]and flourished within five miles of the outskirts of Onitsha, and no one would dare swear that the inhabitants of even that town were all entirely innocent !

pg 37
…It was in close proximity to this place that, as was well known, a cannibal feast had lately been held. Amongst our lads there was a small boy whose father had been a servant to the Niger Company. Whilst carrying a message to Obushi, the father was murdered and his body disposed of according to time-honoured custom.
On one occasion I was resting outside my hut when a man of unprepossessing appearance came along and entered into conversation. His eldest son, then a small lad, had been placed by his father in the care of a mis-sionary, in order that he might receive instruction. In the course of his remarks he solemnly asserted that it would be of great benefit to his son if he were provided with human flesh sometimes as part of his diet. He maintained that, if this were done, a proper man's spirit would develop in the lad. Towards the south, cannibal tendencies assumed a worse aspect. All that has been said hitherto relates to the prevalent custom of feasting upon captives taken in war. In the southern districts a regular traffic in human flesh was carried on. [size=18pt]Strangers were caught, or slaves purchased, with the deliberate intention of converting them into food. Human flesh was a marketable commodity, and a common article of diet.[/size] It is not long since a certain chief managed to get possession of one of his opponents against whom he had a grudge of long standing. He derived satisfaction from first lopping off the captive's ears and nose, and then flaying him alive.

The carcass was eaten and the skin converted into a drumhead. There is not a shadow of doubt that, could the history of the Ibo country be clearly traced, a host of suchlike stories would have to be recorded. I have become acquainted with many erstwhile cannibals, and quite goodnatured folk most of them are. One week-end I was staying at a town a few miles S.E. of Onitsha. My quarters were very circumscribed, the only accommodation available being a tiny thatched lean-to shed against the compound wall, usually occupied by the goats and fowls. My boys and carriers shared the limited accomodation, lying at night alongside the camp-bed. After the evening meal, we settled down for the night, long before our customary bedtime; consequently the men chattered freely. Presently I became interested in the conversation, and amongst other items of news, gathered that they had all had a share in cannibal feasts.

1 Like

Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by bharyur2103(m): 7:40am On Dec 10, 2013
This looks like a comment made just a day before he died.It's abysmal to think the Nigeria he so much criticised is now a much worse state.I believe Nigeria has the potential to become a truly great nation but this will never happen until we dismiss the hub to most of her problem-our attitude towards our country.I don't believe the leaders are really the problem because a lot of people who aren't up there now have the same intention as those that are currently there.The players might change but the game remains the same.
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by guttentag(m): 7:45am On Dec 10, 2013
I wonder what OPC and BOKO-BOYZ are doing, instead they are hunting down innocent citizens and not the Corrupt and Use-less leaders.. I would have be much in support of them if only they start fighting this worthless politicians
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by chucky234(m): 7:47am On Dec 10, 2013
kolardzy: Quite an interesting Discussion(too long tho)..
I think it all depends on how we motivate our next generation leaders to lead right and shun Corruption..This current ones have failed us sad
Na everything dey too long for where una dey? If na about pus§y you go read am finish, lazy man.
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by guttentag(m): 7:49am On Dec 10, 2013
bharyur2103: This looks like a comment made just a day before he died.It's abysmal to think the Nigeria he so much criticised is now a much worse state.I believe Nigeria has the potential to become a truly great nation but this will never happen until we dismiss the hub to most of her problem-our attitude towards our country.I don't believe the leaders are really the problem because a lot of people who aren't up there now have the same intention as those that are currently there.The players might change but the game remains the same.

Yes u are right but if the once at the top are not serve as a great lesson then the once below will still have such duvious mind to do worst
Re: Mandela Was Angry With Nigeria - Dr. Hakeem Baba-ahmed by Raphvizzy(m): 7:50am On Dec 10, 2013
1985, IBB was the president of
Nigeria and our
teachers told us that Buhari was
the former Head
of state. Our teacher also called us
"the leaders
of tomorrow" 27 years later, IBB
and Buhari are
still contesting for Presidency.
Its either our teacher lied to us
about being the
leaders of tomorrow. Or tomorrow
is yet to come.
Who's fooling who?
In 1983, Bamanga Tukur was the
Governor of the
defunct Gongola State (now
Adamawa & Taraba)
and 30 years later, he is today the
Chairman of
the ruling Party, The PDP;
Dr. Bello Halliru was commissioner
in the Old
Sokoto State (now Sokoto, Kebbi &
Zamfara)
and 33 years after he is today
Minister of
Defence;
Major General David Mark(rtd) was
the military
governor of Niger State in 1984 and
28years later
he is today the Senate President;
Gov. Murtala Nyako was the
governor of Niger
State in 1976 and 36years later he is
today the
Governor of Adamawa State;
Ogbonnaya Onu was governor of
Abia State in
1992 and 20years after he is today
the National
Chairman of ANPP;
Gov. David Jonah Jang was the
governor of
Benue State in 1985 and 27years
after he is
today the governor of plateau state;
and Martins Elechi the Ebonyi State
Governor is
over 80 years old!
Only in Nigeria is this possible,
where the youth
of today have no hope into the
future!
From strike in health sector, to the
labour, to
judiciary, to Education and today
our students
are home lavishing!
Let Nigerian youth come to an
alliance and fight
for the unborn. We can't continue
like this. Pass
it to everyone if you believe in the
NIGERIA
DREAM. Let’s tell them ENOUGH IS
ENOUGH!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ahmed Gumi: Sheikh Nuru Khalid's Sermon Worse Than Kidnapping / Bode George: My Plan To Leave Nigeria After Tinubu’s Victory On Course / FG Seals Off Sahad Store, Abuja As Crackdown On Hoarding, Price Fixing Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.