Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,750 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

MY Police Life (short Story By Faithful Don) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / MY Police Life (short Story By Faithful Don) (41871 Views)

How A Girl"s Visit to My Room Changed my Life ( Short Story) / The Day MTN taught me the Lesson of my Life ( Short Story) / Forever And For Always - Story By Repogirl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MY Police Life (short Story By Faithful Don) by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 11, 2013
Gud morning all. Hw was ur night.let me update now. Luv u with all my heart.
Re: MY Police Life (short Story By Faithful Don) by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 11, 2013
The car later stopped at a Total filling station and Mr. Stephen and the other guy in front of the car came down to fill the tank but what amaze me what how they paid for it. He gave a card like ATM card with Total boldly written on it to the guy but the boy decline that he don’t accept ATM. The manager later came to apologise and brought out a P.O.S device for the transaction. I wanted to try my luck with these guys by trying to crack a joke when they came in. “So you people get card for anything una buy” I asked. “Yes just for PMS and other little things” the other guy beside me answered. “If na police we for go filling stations go exchange the card for cash ooh” I joked as I smile but I met a stiff face as nobody laugh or even open their teeth. I was a bit embarrassed but Stephen broke the silent when he said “you think sey we be thief like police”. This is the opportunity had been waiting for. “See you, if ashawo change base, she go turn virgin. We and you people na the same thing. It is just that we wear uniform while you people wear suit” i muster courage to say. All of them burst into laughter and that other guy in front whom i later knew to be Victor said “Tee, you are as smart as they said but if you reach Abuja then you go see wetin pass you. This statement took me back into my fear of never seeing the sun again but i have to put on a bold face.

I started thinking about how i got this job at the first place. It all started when i finished my project in school at Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Bauchi (ATBU) and i follow my friend Awwal to their house in Tafawa Balewa local govt to spend the weekend since i can’t travel back to Kogi immediately. It was that evening that one of his father’s friends Mr. Bala came to their house and everybody was in the parlour watching Real Madrid vs Barcelona match. It was during the half time that i was introduced to Mr. Bala as a family friend and we exchange pleasantry. He asked about studies and we told him that we finished our project. He also asked if we will like to join the police force like him but Awwal’s dad interrupted and said Awwal will be travelling to London and probably gain admission for his masters there if he likes the environment because that his sister is studying.
Since i can’t afford London or having the hope of going for masters soon then i have think fast. I told Mr. Bala that i might be interested and he called one Tunde immediately and they began to speak Yoruba. How can a typical hausa man speak Yoruba, i wondered. He ended the call after several minutes and said till next year because they have finished admission to Police College. While he was still talking a call came in and he said it was Tunde and they continue with the Yoruba. When he ended the call, he said that there is an opportunity now that one of the candidates of the police college was dismissed for drugs and they need replacement for 250k. How can i get 250k when i just manage to finish project. Awwal’s father asked if that is really possible and he said that they have even help people with no result to get job in the force with the right cash. “So which post he can get now”, he asked.with is degree pending then we should use is SSCE but he can easily get promoted. “Ok am coming” he said.he return back with some bundle of money and hand over to Mr. Bala. “This is 250k and i hope this your tunde will keep to his promise” he added. I was surprised that this man that just knew me just some hours ago can spend 250k on me. I knelt down i greeted and prayed for him. I was very happy that i have not even finish school and now i have a job in advance.
To cut the long story short, this is how i become a policeman with even shooting a gun or any marching pass. I just sign some forms and i became a force personell and i was posted back to Bauchi immediately to report to the head quarter in Yandoka road in Bauchi.
Could they have discovered my process of getting into the force? Before I look up, we are already in Toro local govt close to Jos
Re: MY Police Life (short Story By Faithful Don) by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 11, 2013
Habeebpain: And this crap made front page? E gba mi lowo Nairaland mods.
Pls help explain ur name. I guess is Habib pain***sample egwe's. Voice* E dey pain u gaga oooh and e dey u wellu wellu oh gaga.

Pls finger uurself in d anus for all I care.

1 Like

Re: MY Police Life (short Story By Faithful Don) by nsgee14(m): 8:39am On Dec 11, 2013
Abegi...continue...
Re: MY Police Life (short Story By Faithful Don) by Taeewo(m): 9:13am On Dec 11, 2013
Ok
Re: MY Police Life (short Story By Faithful Don) by medalz(m): 9:43am On Dec 11, 2013
Nice naration. Abeg continue and keep us out of suspense
Re: MY Police Life (short Story By Faithful Don) by Emmanuel602(m): 10:23am On Dec 11, 2013
********grabs popcorn takes front seat***********
Re: MY Police Life (short Story By Faithful Don) by TheGeneral1(m): 10:41am On Dec 11, 2013
Very interesting story! Please continue.op
Re: MY Police Life (short Story By Faithful Don) by Dalazyou(m): 11:19am On Dec 11, 2013
***********grabs peanut n lacasera,taks 2nd seat************
Re: MY Police Life (short Story By Faithful Don) by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 11, 2013
The General: Very interesting story! Please continue.op
thank you so much and i appreciate u
medalz: Nice naration. Abeg continue and keep us out of suspense
medalz: Nice naration. Abeg continue and keep us out of suspense
Suspense is part of very story and the adrenaline rush is gud 4 ur health.
Thanks for following.
Emmanuel602: ********grabs popcorn takes front seat***********
Remain ur popcorn for me and try get cream for my next update cos u maybe tempted to self service.
Re: MY Police Life (short Story By Faithful Don) by moscobabs(m): 11:40am On Dec 11, 2013
I still dey follow u ooo
Re: MY Police Life (short Story By Faithful Don) by RAPMAN02(m): 11:51am On Dec 11, 2013
T-BAG grin
Re: MY Police Life (short Story By Faithful Don) by WisdomMe(m): 11:52am On Dec 11, 2013
Omo dis story sweet pass my girls ooo
Re: MY Police Life (short Story By Faithful Don) by AYODEJI94(m): 11:54am On Dec 11, 2013
See fresh story abeg
Re: MY Police Life (short Story By Faithful Don) by Cikoloko(m): 12:37pm On Dec 11, 2013
Interesting story.......
Re: MY Police Life (short Story By Faithful Don) by obumsway(m): 1:18pm On Dec 11, 2013
nice one but ibeg no stop nah..!!! Very intresting story indeed , i have been following steady!!
Re: MY Police Life (short Story By Faithful Don) by arabaribiti(m): 1:37pm On Dec 11, 2013
bros why u dey off your inner light abeg come out here and roger us some story easy boys
Re: MY Police Life (short Story By Faithful Don) by sherfizle(m): 2:23pm On Dec 11, 2013
Please continue this super story, its amazing
Re: MY Police Life (short Story By Faithful Don) by Decapo: 2:26pm On Dec 11, 2013
Oh! Wia are u now? Come finish d story abeg
Re: MY Police Life (short Story By Faithful Don) by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 11, 2013
Am here now.let me update now. Am on survellance duty tonight. I don't know if I can update after this
Re: MY Police Life (short Story By Faithful Don) by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 11, 2013
I remember the first day i resume work at the force head quarters in Bauchi and i went to see Mr. Bala in his office to thank him for all his effort. He said that he will make an urgent call so that i will be posted to the station opposite the headquarter. The station is inside the barrack and almost all cases in the Bauchi metropolis are brought there. Just like magic, i got to my posting command and i was posted there. I called Mr. Bala to thank him about that and he warns me that the only way to survive in the force is to obey your superiors and never claim hard man in front of a bullet. “Tijjani, if you see where they are shooting, off your shirt and run” he cautioned. “Thank you sir” i replied.
I came to the station where i was posted to and i met alot of people there discussing in groups. Before i stepped inside, i prayed that God as am stepping here with my two legs, don’t let me carried as a dead body from here. I entered and saw six police (5 men and 1 lady) at the counter with a big inscription on the wall that says “BAIL IS FREE”. “What do you want” the lady among them said. “Am Tijjani, reporting for duty Ma” i said while saluting. “At ease Tijjani because you might be my superior” she said while trying to collect my file. So you are a Corporal? She asked. I nodded and follow her to the next office. “I’m Sgt. Esther and this is the admin officer Insp. Ruth”, she said. “Thank you Ma and it will be an honor to work with you”, i said. The admin officer (Insp. Ruth) collected my file and picked a form from it and ordered us to see our oga upstairs for introduction before i come back for documentation. “You speak correct English, why are you a Corporal” she added as we were trying to go. “I am a graduate of information technology from ATBU Bauchi here but i decided to start low before going up”, i replied. That is good and i wish you the best, she said.
While we were going upstairs, i notice that Sgt. Esther is naturally blessed with big behind and nice bosoms which even the uniform finds it hard to hide. She later turns back and notices i was staring at her backside but continue walking and smiling. “You can only dream about it but can never have” she said. “All my dreams always come true Ma” i added. Sgt. Esther is so beautiful that all the policemen and even convicts stare at her when she works. With her, i can confess all my sins.
We enter oga’s office but nobody was there and we heard a voice from the toilet saying “am coming, wait for me”. I guess it should be the oga and i notice Esther going towards a Ghana must go bag which she tries to open slowly, so that oga won’t hear. I brought out my Nokia E63 and stylishly cover(video) her as she tries to remove something from it which later i realised it was money. She took two bundles of the money and stuffs it into her bra and other places i can’t mention.
Oga came outside and she introduces me to him. “Am Insp. Kingsley and i have been in the force for 20 years, so if you want to spend the number of years i had spent then whatever happen in this station remains here, meaning no betrayal of any kind is allowed” he said.
We went back to admin officer for my registration when a man brought a case that his wife of 20 years wants to kill him. A policeman was despatched to go and bring his wife. I was busy filling my forms when oga Kingsley came down and told them i should be given a case to handle immediately and i should report back directly to him. I was given that man case file and i was studying it when the policeman brought the man’s wife. I gave them a plain sheet each to write their statement but they said they don’t know how to write that i should help them while the wife was till abusing her husband. I took the husband to a different room to get his statement. He told me he love his wife very much but now they are getting old, the wife no longer take care of herself and when he tries to invent different sex position like this modern boys do, she will slap me and drive me from the room. “i tried convincing her that we need to enjoy ourselves before we die but she will say which enjoyment did we need after 7 children” he said. “So i went to her friend Mama Titi and explain to her, to help convince her. Mama Titi who had lost her husband for more 12 years now said she want me to demonstrate it with her first. We schedule it till yesterday evening and i came to her house and we enter the process. I only did it once but she wanted more” he narrated. “I mistakenly slept there and my wife came there this morning with mortar that she will kill me”, he added. I noticed that this is a family issue and i called the wife to the office where we were and advice her that she promises to love this man before God and people for ever. And her body belong to this man to do with it whatever he deem fit. That they should go home and settle their selves but must report back by 10 am tomorrow and if the woman cause any more trouble, i don’t have any other option than to charge her to court for attempted murder. They agreed and left.
My oga came later and followed him upstairs to narrate everything to him. After all explanations and i was about to go, he called me back and said “where is the dividend”. “I don’t understand sir” I said. “So you solve a case without bring in any money, is that you are saying? He added. “Sir it is a family case that just need humility and understanding” i replies. “So it is humility and understanding we will use to buy the papers you wasted ba and the time of the officer that brought that woman” he continues. “Give me your phone” he added. I did immediately. “Go and get 10 thousand naira now before you get your phone or you go to the bank with your humility and understanding to withdraw 10k now, get out” he shouted. As i was going out of his office, i also shed tears as this is my first day at work and my oga just seize my phone for been honest. This man had over 20 million in the Ghana must go in his office and he still need my 10k. I called Mr. Bala and explain everything to him and he started laughing that i should never discuss my oga with anybody even him because i don’t know those that are loyal to him. He said i should come and collect 10k and give my oga but i must apologise to my oga that i will always follows his order. I did and my oga said that if he don’t collect this money, i won’t learn that the station is not a charity home. From that day i began my journey to middle of corruption in Nigeria. F*ck humility and honesty and everybody must pay even when you are dying.
Re: MY Police Life (short Story By Faithful Don) by MumyGO(f): 2:58pm On Dec 11, 2013
you are too raw bt no denying u'v got the potential to be a gd writer.
Re: MY Police Life (short Story By Faithful Don) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 11, 2013
Mumy G O: you are too raw bt no denying u'v got the potential to be a gd writer.
Thanks babe. Jus say it as it is. Half truth is a big lie.
Re: MY Police Life (short Story By Faithful Don) by tattesco(m): 3:19pm On Dec 11, 2013
Hmmm nice one, pls continue the story. I so much enjoy it. But I hate policeman o I dey fear them embarassed
Re: MY Police Life (short Story By Faithful Don) by cassidyAJ(m): 3:44pm On Dec 11, 2013
Omo the rate of sexual immorality is on the rise oh eh just check this post, but wait Nigerians are creative. Fabrication no start todayOmo the rate of sexual immorality is on the rise oh eh just check this post, but wait Nigerians are creative. Fabrication no start todayOmo the rate of sexual immorality is on the rise oh eh just check this post, but wait Nigerians are creative. Fabrication no start today
Re: MY Police Life (short Story By Faithful Don) by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 11, 2013
cassidy AJ: Omo the rate of sexual immorality is on the rise oh eh just check this post, but wait Nigerians are creative. Fabrication no start todayOmo the rate of sexual immorality is on the rise oh eh just check this post, but wait Nigerians are creative. Fabrication no start todayOmo the rate of sexual immorality is on the rise oh eh just check this post, but wait Nigerians are creative. Fabrication no start today

Can u write plain english for us 2 understand
Re: MY Police Life (short Story By Faithful Don) by Cutecharlz(m): 4:52pm On Dec 11, 2013
Nice write up at Op. Ūя̲̅ punctuation are very much ​☺k°. D story line is orderly arranged. But try to update at least 2 or 3 episodes, so it can βε̲̣ more lively nd interesting instead of prolonging d suspense. There is a potential of been a Ǥ☺☺Đ editor in u. . _
( ((
\ =\
__\_ `-\
(____)) ( \----
(____)) _
(____))
(___))____/----

(•͡.̮ ~͡) up.

1 Like

Re: MY Police Life (short Story By Faithful Don) by hikmoj(m): 5:37pm On Dec 11, 2013
Thumb up
Re: MY Police Life (short Story By Faithful Don) by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 11, 2013
Cutecharlz: Nice write up at Op. Ūя̲̅ punctuation are very much ​☺k°. D story line is orderly arranged. But try to update at least 2 or 3 episodes, so it can βε̲̣ more lively nd interesting instead of prolonging d suspense. There is a potential of been a Ǥ☺☺Đ editor in u. . _
( ((
\ =\
__\_ `-\
(____)) ( \----
(____)) _
(____))
(___))____/----

(•͡.̮ ~͡) up.
Thanks. For you, I will add one more update 2nite. One like for u
Re: MY Police Life (short Story By Faithful Don) by samuel72(m): 5:55pm On Dec 11, 2013
Good story.
Re: MY Police Life (short Story By Faithful Don) by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 11, 2013
nice one pls am waiting patiently
Re: MY Police Life (short Story By Faithful Don) by Emereolevanwill(m): 7:09pm On Dec 11, 2013
FOLYKAZE: That is life in the street. Oga police, we don know this tail tail.
lying tins

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

... / [story] The Perfect Couple (adults Only)…part 1 / Olaokun Soyinka Writes Tonye Cole Over Airplane Seat Saga Of Wole Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.