Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,535 members, 7,823,325 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption (54271 Views)

APC Accuses Jonathan Of ‘last-minute Dubious Activities’ / 2015 Election: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Training, Arming Killer Squad / Council Accuses Jonathan Of Cleansing Muslims From Army, Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by tpia5: 11:14am On Dec 11, 2013
Why wasn't he at mandela's memorial service btw.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by shineeye1: 11:15am On Dec 11, 2013
Nigeria is getting worse in corruption under the GEJ's administration. However, OBJ's attempt to play the righteous father is obnoxious. The administrations of the Hausas and Yorubas, Obj inclusive, witnessed monumental nepotism, tribalism and corruption. By sheer strength of their respective numbers they suppressed the complains of the minorities. What tribal attachment has GEJ displayed that the big 2(or3) did not multiply. OBJ's outburst reeks of hypocrisy and is calculated to gain undue selfish advantage . We watch and pray for a new generation of real leaders in Nigeria, outside the cast of the OBJs, IBBs, GEJs and others.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by ocelot2006(m): 11:16am On Dec 11, 2013
Uhmmm......simple question.....How come Premium Times published this "letter", YET NONE of the other MAJOR news outlets are yet to do the same?.......huh.....I wonder why.... tongue
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Tintinix: 11:17am On Dec 11, 2013
GEJ is getting to the powers that be, this is getting very interesting!!
However I am curious to know exactly were the almost 50 billion dollars is! $50b is NOT Naira!!

See OBJ talking about trust and intergrity as a virtue of a politician!!! Where? In Nigeria?!
So all these people speaking out when they have nothing to loss are really taking us Nigerians for granted and for fools!
They should all go and do the needful since it is appraoching!
They mentored and have raised all these sychophants we are seeing!
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by niceeric(m): 11:17am On Dec 11, 2013
tpia@:
Jonathan was there sir,nobody just get him time hence no speech from him loool
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Redhot111(m): 11:17am On Dec 11, 2013
stebell: Who de f.uck is OBJ. After Baba (gida) who institutionalized corruption, OBJ is de master himself. Most of the corrupt cases that hv been revealed now were actually encouraged during OBJ's tenure. Instead of using the EFCC properly, he OBJ used it to hunt everyone and anyone oppose to his govt.

when i hear corruption, i think of OBJ.

kettle calling a pot black.
I think kettle is actually in d best position to call pot black cos it actually knws wat it is to b black. havin said dat, Obasanjo may not b a saint bt he is certainly one of d very few leaders dat has d interest of d country at heart. Or do u think 1 out of all he said is wrong?
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 11, 2013
funshint:
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/151275-exclusive-obasanjo-writes-jonathan-accuses-president-lying-destroying-nigeria-promoting-corruption.html
PDP's problem should not be Nigeria's problem, and that is partly what OBJ is alluding in his letter. On the issue of corruption, I agree with him. GEJ should stop backing or appear to be backing corrupt members of his government, most of whom come from crisis-ridden PDP. I can not believe so many matters and allegations that have been swept under the carpet in Nigeria. From Farouk to Stella, President has not stated his actions as the chief law officer of the land

On relection, that is a matter for PDPD, not Nigeria, but OBJ should recall that he unlawfully wanted 3rd term. GEJ seeking 2nd term is an issue with PDP and not Nigeria.

Finally, I have to say the foundation of what post 1998 Nigeria is today was laid by OBJ and Atiku and he does not have a moral authority to gun for a change.

Politicians have a way of projecting fear and we have seen it all today. Nigeria will remain after 2015.
APC should just use young change agents as credible alternatives to PDP. With Buhari and the other old past at the helm, they are not doing it at the moment.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 11, 2013
Abagworo: People are trying to deviate issues here. The major problem is that Jonathan is deliberately polarizing Nigeria based on tribe and religion.

Yes...he does that at every giving opportunity....and it's very pronounced in his appointments.

When a President says:

**Igbos are the pillar of my administration**

** I got the majority of my votes in the North from Igbos***

Then...such President is clearly naive to put it mildly...

Some Igbo on the Internet too are not helping matter with the way they go about bullishly trying to defend some of the indefensible blunders of this administration.

How can a President due to his own selfish ambition keep truncating the activities of his party...like we recently witnessed in Anambra.

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 11, 2013
kettykin:
A point of correction, OBJ was never a founding member of PDP, pdp was already a party when obj was pushed by Abdulsalami and Babangida to come and contest the election.
Obasanjo was the worst rigger of elections, during his tenure Anenih was the minister of works with nothing to show for N300b allocation.
Nitel was allowed to be crippled by Atiku, Elrufai and pentascope and N100b looted while Obasanjo and Efcc looked else where, he was the sole minister for petroleum and the refineries never worked for a day.
OBJ should start with his daughter who stole N10m fund meant for the health sector and his daughter in law he awards contracts to for rounds of sex.
Shameless old bigot who prances around as a hero of the civil war but could not save himself from Abachs and Al mustapha' boot.
good points made and taken but never has anyone stolen or supported corruption like Jonathan. I am surprised people are trying to support Jonathan. During obj's tenure all money came to the account and the stealing was done after everyone received their share. Now under Jonathan, for every N100 the country makes N76 gets missing. If you are a true citizen that cares about your country you should be worried. Should the president be quiet about such a discovery? Oil in the Niger delta belongs to nigeria and not the ijaws. Please we should put sentiment out of this and work with facts. If jonathan can't do the work then he should leave. It is only in Africa you see incompetent people remaining in office and struggling to hold on to power.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Oluabayomi1(m): 11:19am On Dec 11, 2013
[quote
author=Sincere 9gerian]What an irony! The same OBJ that wanted an
UNCONSTITUTIONAL third term is now trying to prevent an incumbent
president from seeking his CONSTITUTIONALLY GUARANTEED second term? Why
should an OBJ do his second term and even tried to seek a third term BUT
a Jonathan cannot seek second term? So what is the difference between
an OBJ and a Jonathan? Is it in the colour of their skin or tribe? And
OBJ is being cheered on by Tinubu slaves? What an irony! Smh for my
country.[/quote]
God bless ur memory broda!
I am surprised dt Obj had forgotten his bad deeds so soon.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by ades111(m): 11:19am On Dec 11, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: What an irony! The same OBJ that wanted an UNCONSTITUTIONAL third term is now trying to prevent an incumbent president from seeking his CONSTITUTIONALLY GUARANTEED second term? Why should an OBJ do his second term and even tried to seek a third term BUT a Jonathan cannot seek second term? So what is the difference between an OBJ and a Jonathan? Is it in the colour of their skin or tribe? And OBJ is being cheered on by Tinubu slaves? What an irony! Smh for my country.
Assuming you read d letter to d core,you will nt 4get d promise jonah made to his party<pdp>,stakeholders even nigerian as a whole that he wil nt contest or dream of 2nd term in office....a promise is a promise,dnt be a backstabber!
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Moxie4lyf(m): 11:20am On Dec 11, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: What an irony! The same OBJ that wanted an UNCONSTITUTIONAL third term is now trying to prevent an incumbent president from seeking his CONSTITUTIONALLY GUARANTEED second term? Why should an OBJ do his second term and even tried to seek a third term BUT a Jonathan cannot seek second term? So what is the difference between an OBJ and a Jonathan? Is it in the colour of their skin or tribe? And OBJ is being cheered on by Tinubu slaves? What an irony! Smh for my country.

Its so sad you have eyes that cant read and a brain filled with sentiments.
No one says Jonathan shouldnt contest for a second term..The point here is that he promised not to run a second term;a Promise he boldly cleared.
But now, he seems to be so intoxicated with power ,that he doesnt remember his words.
Mind you,it takes a man with balls to stand by his words even when it hurts.
What has Jonathan even done to think he deserves a second term

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Onlytruth(m): 11:20am On Dec 11, 2013
The only thing this letter tells me is that Jonathan should remember the country he is leading - a place where gentleness is seen as weakness.
He needs to show his fangs fast, else I see a plot thickening against him.
Every rogue is crawling out of the woodwork to insult him and the rest of Nigerians with all types of sanctimonious CRAP.

If I were him, I would quickly have a chat with my TOP security personnel (military,intelligence, etc).
What he faces is not political opposition; what he faces is a SECURITY THREAT.
If I were him, I would IMMEDIATELY declare marshal law, first send those thieves in the national assembly home. They would be lucky if I don't jail some of them for grand theft using a military tribunal!

Next I would convene an internationally supervised conference on Nigeria's future.

Some people feel that they own Nigeria, and that only they can determine Nigeria's future. They see themselves as the gods of Nigeria, while others are hewers of wood and drawers of water. It started with Tambuwal, next CBN governor, next this never-do-well that sold Nigeria to the highest bigger during his two terms, and even schemed for a third term.

Jonathan should not pussyfoot around anymore, else Ironsi would be better than him.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 11, 2013
..this is an unserious letter from a guilty participant of a failed 3rd term bid..

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by ocelot2006(m): 11:21am On Dec 11, 2013
shine-eye:
Nigeria is getting worse in corruption under the GEJ's administration. However, OBJ's attempt to play the righteous father is obnoxious. The administrations of the Hausas and Yorubas, Obj inclusive, witnessed monumental nepotism, tribalism and corruption. By sheer strength of their respective numbers they suppressed the complains of the minorities. What tribal attachment has GEJ displayed that the big 2(or3) did not multiply. OBJ's outburst reeks of hypocrisy and is calculated to gain undue selfish advantage . We watch and pray for a new generation of real leaders in Nigeria, outside the cast of the OBJs, IBBs, GEJs and others.

How in God's precious name is Nigeria getting worse under GEJ? Our economy is growing at a rate of 6% and more, and is getting more diversified, the country is now a top destination for foreign investors, the middleclass is booming witg increased purchasing power, power generation has doubled from initial values of the OBJ years, critical infrastructures are being fixed at a fast rate, elections have been free and fair compared to OBJ's do or die years. YET YOU SAY NIGERIA'S GETTING WORSE?! What sort of reasoning is this?

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by redsun(m): 11:22am On Dec 11, 2013
If gej can not can bring down obj with one of his past nefarious dealings with this accusation coming from him,then he is truly a loser.Obj with all his evil past should not have the guts to openly accuse a serving president of corruption,unless of course the president is truly a monster.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by ades111(m): 11:23am On Dec 11, 2013
Assuming you read d letter to d core,you will nt 4get d promise jonah made to his party<pdp>,stakeholders even nigerian as a whole that he wil nt contest or dream of 2nd term in office....a promise is a promise,dnt be a backstabber! Moreova OBJ's regime was neva worst dan dis.......can't dis mumu learn 4rm OBJ's mistakes
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Onlytruth(m): 11:23am On Dec 11, 2013
ocelot2006:

How in God's precious name is Nigeria getting worse under GEJ? Our economy is growing at a rate of 6% and more, and is getting more diversified, the country is now a top destination for foreign investors, the middleclass is booming witg increased purchasing power, power generation has doubled from initial values of the OBJ years, critical infrastructures are being fixed at a fast rate, elections have been free and fair compared to OBJ's do or die years. YET YOU SAY NIGERIA'S GETTING WORSE?! What sort of reasoning is this?

It is called TRIBAL LOGIC.
Welcome to the real Nigeria bro!
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by IleIfe2(m): 11:24am On Dec 11, 2013
tpia@:

He was there. And they came in at different times in different vehicles.

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by ckkris: 11:24am On Dec 11, 2013
ilugunboy:

Obviously English is not your language of choice...probably Igbo..follow by pidgin English.

Stick to any of those two....Igbo or pidgin English.
Professor Asuubiyi
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by naso2(m): 11:25am On Dec 11, 2013
Tintinix: GEJ is getting to the powers that be, this is getting very interesting!!
However I am curious to know exactly were the almost 50 billion dollars is! $50b is NOT Naira!!

See OBJ talking about trust and intergrity as a virtue of a politician!!! Where? In Nigeria?!
So all these people speaking out when they have nothing to loss are really taking us Nigerians for granted and for fools!
They should all go and do the needful since it is appraoching!
They mentored and have raised all these sychophants we are seeing!

How much does Nigeria make in a whole year for $50b to be missing between 2012 and 2013 and salaries are being paid, govt still pays contractors and states still get their allocation? should this figure not be coming from RMFAC? abi na wetin dem call their name sef
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by PassingShot(m): 11:26am On Dec 11, 2013
Things have fallen apart and the center can no longer hold for Nigeria. How did we get here in the first place? Only OBJ and his cohorts can answer the question. However, I am certain that if and when the revolution to rescue Nigeria ever takes place, OBJ, IBB, Atiku, Bode George, Tinubu, GEJ and their likes will not live to tell the story.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by ennon92(m): 11:26am On Dec 11, 2013
rudedough: HISTORY IS REPEATING ITSELF.

One day, the Military shall rise and overthrow the Government. This is exactly what was happening in the 60s and 70s before the Military coup.

History will repeat itself in Nigeria.... I just dey observe from afar. grin grin
I don't think so cos Gen. Ihejerikha already lamented military's era has gone forever.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by princenayo: 11:27am On Dec 11, 2013
OBJ has no moral justification to stop GEJ from contesting 2015 election. OBJ ruled Nigeria as a military president, he was not satisfied, He came back as civilian president and after eight years of his chop-i-chop administration, he no belle -full, he was still seeking for an unconstitutional tenure elongation. He should leave GEJ to enjoy his tenure.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 11, 2013
Onlytruth: The only thing this letter tells me is that Jonathan should remember the country he is leading - a place where gentleness is seen as weakness.
He needs to show his fangs fast, else I see a plot thickening against him.
Every rogue is crawling out of the woodwork to insult him and the rest of Nigerians with all types of sanctimonious CRAP.

If I were him, I would quickly have a chat with my TOP security personnel (military,intelligence, etc).
What he faces is not political opposition; what he faces is a SECURITY THREAT.
If I were him, I would IMMEDIATELY declare marshal law, first send those thieves in the national assembly home. They would be lucky if I don't jail some of them for grand theft using a military tribunal!

Next I would convene an internationally supervised conference on Nigeria's future.

Some people feel that they own Nigeria, and that only they can determine Nigeria's future. They see themselves as the gods of Nigeria, while others are hewers of wood and drawers of water. It started with Tambuwal, next CBN governor, next this never-do-well that sold Nigeria to the highest bigger during his two terms, and even schemed for a third term.

Jonathan should not pussyfoot around anymore, else Ironsi would be better than him.

Are you people for real with this type of suggestions or you all are just plain dumb?

Even an OBJ with all his imperial postures during his reign cannot pull such through.

You must very naive of the way things work here.....
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by ckkris: 11:28am On Dec 11, 2013
ades111: Assuming you read d letter to d core,you will nt 4get d promise jonah made to his party<pdp>,stakeholders even nigerian as a whole that he wil nt contest or dream of 2nd term in office....a promise is a promise,dnt be a backstabber! Moreova OBJ's regime was neva worst dan dis.......can't dis mumu learn 4rm OBJ's mistakes
Where is the $16 billion budgeted by National Assembly and released to Obasanjo to revamp NEPA and increase production of electricity?
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Chongaiman: 11:28am On Dec 11, 2013
ilugunboy:

Obviously English is not your language of choice...probably Igbo..follow by pidgin English.

Stick to any of those two....Igbo or pidgin English.

I am looking at the man in the mirror.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 11, 2013
ckkris: Professor Asuubiyi

grin grin grin

Lolzzzz....omo Ibo...where have you been?
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:31am On Dec 11, 2013
The more support the South South give to Goodluck Jonathan makes other parts of Nigeria wonder if he is the best that that part of the country could offer Nigeria.
Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by validplanet: 11:31am On Dec 11, 2013

This is serious!
My brother consider the fact tha obj never promised anybody that he will not seek a third term. so if he did seek a third term he did not break any agreement. am a business man. and i know how people take agreements seriously, whether written or verbal. and will expect u to keep ur agreements to the last 1 naira. when u fail to keep it to the last 1 naira, ur apologies may not be accepted and ur good will may become useless.

simply keep agreements. full stop.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Accuses Jonathan Of Promoting Corruption by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 11, 2013
Chorus:

If I say nigeria, u'll say doom!
Nigeria! (doom!)
Nigeria! (doom!)

If I say GEJ, u'll say GO
GEJ!!! (GO!!!)
GEEEEJ!!! (GOOOO!!!)

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

PDP Senators Now Inside NASS (See Photos) / Tuface Protest: Ezekwesii Blasts Buhari, Osinbajo As Civic Group Pledges To Cont / Atiku Reacts To Huge Turnout At PDP Mega Rally In Buhari's State, Katsina(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.