Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,533 members, 7,812,653 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

The IGR Debate - Reloaded! - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The IGR Debate - Reloaded! (24693 Views)

Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) / IGR: 5 Reasons Why Northern States Perform Poorly / Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by geeez: 9:20am On Dec 13, 2013
ngozievergreen:
- Tell me the region of the country that has the highest concentration of indigenous industries if not SE.
- Who told u KFC is not in SE? Kfc is close to my house here.
btw, are they supposed to be the only ones selling chicken in the country? U see y I said yorubas pride in nonyoruba biz and their IGR. I can't boast of that KFC thing seriously, its foreign.

- Is shoprite supposed to be the only retail outlet in Nigeria?
Before shop rite came, the indigenous Roban Stores, eastern shop have been there in enugu.
Which ones did yorubas own in SW? .
Yorubas are too lazy, does that mean u have zero participation in these tnz?
I knew most of the taxes are paid from non Yoruba purses.
Which region in the south do u have most indigenous beggars and touts if not SW?
Ur own is that u are very untraveled and ignorant.
u stay in ur village to assume there is no KFC in d east, smh.
What's ur biz about slot phones?
Are there not FineBrothers, EmekaOffor in the east to contend with?
Lwkmd.

KFC = Kentucky Fried Chicken and not Kelechi Fried Chips

Even if they just opened one in Polo Park, its coming after three in Ibadan

Let's see how Enugu people will keep the business open amidst the poverty in the region
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by superstar1(m): 9:25am On Dec 13, 2013
geeez:

Let's see how Enugu people will keep the business open amidst the poverty in the region

Where is St. Black jarey. he needs to bring out all those povery pictures in SE grin
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by ifechez: 9:28am On Dec 13, 2013
geeez:

Begging in yorobar= poverty
Amaljiri in yorobar= poverty
Agbero in yorobar= poverty
omonile in yorobar= poverty
fighting the hausas for a cup of N20 beans= poverty
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by ifechez: 9:30am On Dec 13, 2013
superstar1:

Where is St. Black jarey. he needs to bring out all those povery pictures in SE grin

ur red mud hut are up already. abi u no start from page 1? A simple comparison will be okota in Lagos dominated by Igbos and ijegun dominated by yorobars.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by ifechez: 9:31am On Dec 13, 2013
Chino should come and show us ones more the yorobar civilization in this 21st century.
The land of crap taxi drivers, agbo sellers, juju markets, poor conditions of living, mud houses, meat sellers, beggars, amaljiri etc
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by superstar1(m): 9:33am On Dec 13, 2013
the whole of their business in Nigeria is what Dangote alone generates in SW. How much more Otudeko's Honeywell and Adenuga's Glo. The one we thought was a decent and honest man among them -Cosmas Maduka - we just discovered, he is a corporate dubious person like his brothers in Alaba and Ladipo markets.

Sw is so bad, business are springing up right left and centre. Dangote is starting a petrochemicals in Ondo, the steel rolling mill in osogbo is starting in January with enough market for multinational construction companies, the Machine tools in Osogbo will start production for Oil and Gas - as i am speaking, Mobil has completed plans to ensure the machine Tools in osogbo will be producing their pipes by first quarter of 2014.

what does that mean. More business opportunities for the locals, ranging from pure water seller to the hoteliers. More employment and of course more tax for the govt and more social amenities.

Please dont pay your tax and dont ask your Govs questions too. Bunch of retardeens.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by superstar1(m): 9:36am On Dec 13, 2013
ifechez:

ur red mud hut are up already. abi u no start from page 1? A simple comparison will be okota in Lagos dominated by Igbos and ijegun dominated by yorobars.

At least, they are on their forefathers soil. If you can take it, leave for the one your forefather gave you. Abi?

Shameless people. They lack respect for others, calling other people names and be whining and beating their chest when they are giving their dose of medicine.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by ifechez: 9:39am On Dec 13, 2013
superstar1: the whole of their business in Nigeria is what Dangote alone generates in SW. How much more Otudeko's Honeywell and Adenuga's Glo. The one we thought was a decent and honest man among them -Cosmas Maduka - we just discovered, he is a corporate dubious person like his brothers in Alaba and Ladipo markets.

Sw is so bad, business are springing up right left and centre. Dangote is starting a petrochemicals in Ondo, the steel rolling mill in osogbo is starting in January with enough market for multinational construction companies, the Machine tools in Osogbo will start production for Oil and Gas - as i am speaking, Mobil has completed plans to ensure the machine Tools in osogbo will be producing their pipes by first quarter of 2014.

what does that mean. More business opportunities for the locals, ranging from pure water seller to the hoteliers. More employment and of course more tax for the govt and more social amenities.

Please dont pay your tax and dont ask your Govs questions too. Bunch of retardeens.

in our mix we have the likes of
Ibeto group ( just acquired eagle cement)

Innoson group

Krisoral group

Ekulo group

Orange drugs

Emzor pharmaceutical

Green life pharmaceutical

Juhel pharmaceutical

Slok group

Coscharis motors

Globe motors. etc

All in Lagos and paying taxes

3 Likes

Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by ifechez: 9:39am On Dec 13, 2013
superstar1: the whole of their business in Nigeria is what Dangote alone generates in SW. How much more Otudeko's Honeywell and Adenuga's Glo. The one we thought was a decent and honest man among them -Cosmas Maduka - we just discovered, he is a corporate dubious person like his brothers in Alaba and Ladipo markets.

Innoson group

Krisoral group

Ekulo group

Orange drugs

Emzor pharmaceutical

Juhel pharmaceutical

Slok group

Coscharis motors

Globe motors. etc

Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by superstar1(m): 9:40am On Dec 13, 2013
ifechez: Chino should come and show us ones more the yorobar civilization in this 21st century.
The land of crap taxi drivers, agbo sellers, juju markets, poor conditions of living, mud houses, meat sellers, beggars, amaljiri etc

all those you mentioned clearly shows yorubas are not lazy, they eat their sweat and they live within their means. Is that not better than the crimes you are known for all over the world?

the mud houses are the history of over 500years. you can never have that, because the best the brains of your fathers can come up with as at then is palm fronds. We cherish our houses because they are stories that cannot be bought with money, because they will always serve as reference point of humble beginings for many, and not the get rich instanta miracle of some flat heads.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by superstar1(m): 9:44am On Dec 13, 2013
ifechez:

Innoson group

Krisoral group

Ekulo group

Orange drugs

Emzor pharmaceutical

Juhel pharmaceutical

Slok group

Coscharis motors

Globe motors. etc

you are very clueless. You have all this companies and they are all cited in SW. that shows how much they believe in SE and how their breads are being buttered in SW.

of course, they will MUST pay our tax because they are on our land and they are using our amenities. what does that mean, more money for our govt and more amenities to come and more better standard of living for us.

Dont you get it, any which way, you guys are doomed. If the companies you mentioned are running away from your land, then it is a sad and pathetic story with its attendant effect in the present and foreseeable future.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by FreeGlobe(f): 9:44am On Dec 13, 2013
superstar1:

go to oluyole estate and do excursion and go to the commercial farms in osun and learn.

The whole of SE has only one shoprite in Enugu and the same shoprite is about completing their second mall in Ibadan, with Ado Ekiti almost completed and the site for osogbo is already being cleared.

We don't do backyard factories with 10-15 dirty looking boys that ought to be in school.
Apart from indian hemp manufacturing factory in Ekiti, I dare you or any Yoruba to mention 10 manufacturing companies/industries/corporations in Ekiti, Oyo and Oshun states. Miss me with your complex, why only shoprite, what of Walmart, bestbuy, McDonalds etc. Why haven't they flocked to SW then?
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by ifechez: 9:44am On Dec 13, 2013
superstar1:

At least, they are on their forefathers soil. If you can take it, leave for the one your forefather gave you. Abi?

Shameless people. They lack respect for others, calling other people names and be whining and beating their chest when they are giving their dose of medicine.

yorobars are bunch of low lifers. who opened this thread in the first place? u wanted to use it beat ur chest but it took only a single post from Mazi Maje to make u guys winners and cry babies. why are you guys backing down now complaining of Igbos insulting you. Its certain you live in mud yourself. dirty tin!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by superstar1(m): 9:46am On Dec 13, 2013
ifechez:

yorobars are bunch of low lifers. who opened this thread in the first place? u wanted to use it beat ur chest but it took only a single post from Mazi Maje to make u guys winners and cry babies. why are you guys backing down now complaining of Igbos insulting you. Its certain you live in mud yourself. dirty tin!!!!!!

Low lifers are still better than crime celebrating and crime infested society. I will rather be that, than be despised by all because of my criminal tendencies. Even Mogadishu is New York compared to the whole of SE.

1 Like

Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by MayorofLagos(m): 9:46am On Dec 13, 2013
superstar1:

if they are not paying tax, what right or justification do they have to accuse their thiefing governors. No wonders their states are the way thgey are. Onitsha and Aba are the replicas of hell on earth. Anybody that goes to hell after his death after staying in those cesspits called towns, we prefer the hell in heaven to those eyesores.

Parties dont bring development, people do. When you have a party of high achievers and men of principled ideologies, then measurable developments and success on ground is certain. If Imo State can stabilize itself politically, I see it leading the Eastern states into a new era of sociopolitical awakening.

In addition to tax not being a custom, there is also not enough tax base in East to generate the income. For instance the entire Anambra state only had 1.76million registered voters in 2013. The voting age bracket is also the manpower age bracket..in other words those capable of productive labour. So if we say for some weird reason unemployment in Anambra is zero. This would mean all 1,76million people are gainfully employed and making income and paying tax. How much tax will the government get in a year from PAYE - pay as you earn?

Probably not enough to run one LG.

So then you will end with a deficit in budget and how do you plug that? Currently they wait for hands down from FG.

If these people have cars then there shoud be fees associated with registration. Govt should erect toll gates. Radio and Tv should be licensed. Govt should build a internet node stations and power it 24/7 and charge fee for usage. Instead of endangering lives on road, inter state traders should have clearing house for commodities. Govt should subsidize haulage of containers but charge heavy tax on shops. Offer relocation incentives to grow the tax base. If you relocate your business from Lagos to Onitsha and stay put for 10yrs you only pay 25% tax first 2yrs, you pay 50 % the next 2, 75% next 2 and 100% thereafter.

These are some of the things that can be done to prop up the economy and self reliance.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by ifechez: 9:47am On Dec 13, 2013
superstar1:

you are very clueless. You have all this companies and they are all cited in SW. that shows how much they believe in SE and how their breads are being buttered in SW.

of course, they will MUST pay our tax because they are on our land and they are using our amenities. what does that mean, more money for our govt and more amenities to come and more better standard of living for us.

Dont you get it, any which way, you guys are doomed. If the companies you mentioned are running away from your land, then it is a sad and pathetic story with its attendant effect in the present and foreseeable future.

mumu!!! these companies are not in red mud slums of yorobar but in Lagos. these companies employs mostly Igbos and pay meager taxes to ur government and chopping money to ur army of agbero and amaljiris.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by superstar1(m): 9:50am On Dec 13, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Apart from indian hemp manufacturing factory in Ekiti, I dare you or any Yoruba to mention 10 manufacturing companies/industries/corporations in Ekiti, Oyo and Oshun states. Miss me with your complex, why only shoprite, what of Walmart, bestbuy, McDonalds etc. Why haven't they flocked to SW then?

grin grin grin grin grin

I dont do omo Igbos aka yanmiri assignment for them. if your teachers failed to teach you geography and you don't know how to consult google and you also failed to read Mr. Bako and his family travels of NOEC, I cannot help you.

take a break off whatever criminal inclinations of yours and do an excursion round SW, take pictures and start a new thread and let us meet there.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by ifechez: 9:50am On Dec 13, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

Parties dont bring development, people do. When you have a party of high achievers and men of principled ideologies, then measurable developments and success on ground is certain. If Imo State can stabilize itself politically, I see it leading the Eastern states into a new era of sociopolitical awakening.

In addition to tax not being a custom, there is also not enough tax base in East to generate the income. For instance the entire Anambra state only had 1.76million registered voters in 2013. The voting age bracket is also the manpower age bracket..in other words those capable of productive labour. So if we say for some weird reason unemployment in Anambra is zero. This would mean all 1,76million people are gainfully employed and making income and paying tax. How much tax will the government get in a year from PAYE - pay as you earn?

Probably not enough to run one LG.

So then you will end with a deficit in budget and how do you plug that? Currently they wait for hands down from FG.

If these people have cars then there shoud be fees associated with registration. Govt should erect toll gates. Radio and Tv should be licensed. Govt should build a internet node stations and power it 24/7 and charge fee for usage. Instead of endangering lives on road, inter state traders should have clearing house for commodities. Govt should subsidize haulage of containers but charge heavy tax on shops. Offer relocation incentives to grow the tax base. If you relocate your business from Lagos to Onitsha and stay put for 10yrs you only pay 25% tax first 2yrs, you pay 50 % the next 2, 75% next 2 and 100% thereafter.

These are some of the things that can be done to prop up the economy and self reliance.

Ewu yorobar!!!! am from IMO state and I don't want you to tel us how we will lead the South East. Come 2015 we will vote out the clown rochas from Douglas house.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by FreeGlobe(f): 9:50am On Dec 13, 2013
I will appreciate if any of you can suspend this back and forth and mention 10 manufacturing/companies/industries/corporations in Ekiti, Oyo and Oshun states collectively. I'm using it for research. cheesy cheesy
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by superstar1(m): 9:55am On Dec 13, 2013
ifechez:

mumu!!! these companies are not in red mud slums of yorobar but in Lagos. these companies employs mostly Igbos and pay meager taxes to ur government and chopping money to ur army of agbero and amaljiris.

olod and oponu combined together. So Lagos looks like Nnewi or umuleri or afikpo.

why is it that your bodies are always hot once you are reminded Lagos has always been, is and will forever be a yorubaland aka SW.

instead of you to develop political will to develop Enugu or Aba or Owerri or Onitsha, you are here contending what is not.

Ok oooo. the owners of a place rules a place or in your father's house, it is your neighbour on the 3rd street that rules in your house. The Oba and the political class clearly demonstrates who owns it. So, never bring this topic up again for discussion.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by ifechez: 9:55am On Dec 13, 2013
superstar1:

Low lifers are still better than crime celebrating and crime infested society. I will rather be that and be despised by all because of my criminal tendencies. Even Mogadishu is New York compared to the whole of SE.

Mogadishu is synonymous to Ibadan, Oshogbo, Abeokuta and ado ekiti. we live in 4, 5 storey building while you stay in red mud houses with the stench of 1 week old a ala filling everywhere.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by MayorofLagos(m): 9:56am On Dec 13, 2013
FreeGlobe:

There are certain things that the world say is good but which to us is not.

What is the benefit of mcdonalds or walmart to us? These corporations will kill business for the petty trader that sell akara and moinmoin on the corner.

Development and growth is good but when we grow we should do so by growing our people and grassroot. If akara and moinmoin sellers are put out of business the community is impacted.

We have been buildin cities and civilizations before you learnt to cover your na-ke-dn-ess. You are no match for us industrially.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by ichidodo: 9:56am On Dec 13, 2013
You people are wicked o! This was suppose to be a yeriba chest beating thread now you have turned it into a yoruba bashing thread, abeg sofri sofri on the yam heads
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by superstar1(m): 9:57am On Dec 13, 2013
FreeGlobe: I will appreciate if any of you can suspend this back and forth and mention 10 manufacturing/companies/industries/corporations in Ekiti, Oyo and Oshun states collectively. I'm using it for research. cheesy cheesy

So, your lecturer did not tell you, when you are conducting a research, you pay a visit to where you are writing on. Part of your criminal tendencies, cutting corners as usual. are you sure you did not sleep with your lecturers for you to graduate during your undergrad days.

If you are a serious student, come to SW or consult google.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by MayorofLagos(m): 10:03am On Dec 13, 2013
ifechez:

Ewu yorobar!!!! am from IMO state and I don't want you to tel us how we will lead the South East. Come 2015 we will vote out the clown rochas from Douglas house.

How does your voting out Rochas affect the price of amala and ewedu in Yorubaland? Voting Rochas in or out is your decision only..we only provide the platform for high achievement, whether you join the bandwagon or not is your headache.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by ichidodo: 10:03am On Dec 13, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

What is the benefit of mcdonalds or walmart to us? These corporations will kill business for the petty trader that sell akara and moinmoin on the corner.

Development and growth is good but when we grow we should do so by growing our people and grassroot. If akara and moinmoin sellers are put out of business the community is impacted.

We have been buildin cities and civilizations before you learnt to cover your unclothedness. You are no match for us industrially.
I get am before no be property but if you are talking about building mud thatched hamlets from the days of Orunmila to the 21st century and call this stagnation development or should i say civilisation then go figure

1 Like

Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by ifechez: 10:04am On Dec 13, 2013
superstar1:

olod and oponu combined together. So Lagos looks like Nnewi or umuleri or afikpo.

why is it that your bodies are always hot once you are reminded Lagos has always been, is and will forever be a yorubaland aka SW.

instead of you to develop political will to develop Enugu or Aba or Owerri or Onitsha, you are here contending what is not.

Ok oooo. the owners of a place rules a place or in your father's house, it is your neighbour on the 3rd street that rules in your house. The Oba and the political class clearly demonstrates who owns it. So, never bring this topic up again for discussion.

akpa amu dika gi!!!!!! why are those companies not in the other slum states of yirobar land? why are there not the likes of alaba or trade fair market or computer village in Ibadan or oshogbo? why are there not the huge Igbo population in Ibadan as we occupied lekki, okota, festac etc?

we are in Lagos becos of it's former status and facilities built by FG. did yorobars build third mainland bridge? did you build the seaports and MMA? were you the people that built the numerous FG expressways? did you build the first housing estate in Nigeria at surulere? did you build the national stadium or theater? did you build festac?

1 Like

Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by superstar1(m): 10:04am On Dec 13, 2013
ifechez:

Mogadishu is synonymous to Ibadan, Oshogbo, Abeokuta and ado ekiti. we live in 4, 5 storey building while you stay in red mud houses with the stench of 1 week old a ala filling everywhere.

See this one. What choice do you have than to build the storey buildings, when gully erosion and landslide has taken 2/3rd of your lands. It sounds illogical and absurd and clearly shows your intelligence level. So, japan should be priding themselves on their skyscrapers against places like Canada that has enough land and room for well planned cities. na wa for you o.

The storey building model of building has resulted in your lands being jam packed. no wonder aba and onitsha are the way they are without breathing space.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by Ayekotoo(m): 10:04am On Dec 13, 2013
MidasT: Sorry to ask; will the government give the poor people money to pay for the service when completed? Cos i dont see how the ascribed begger and people languishing in penury will pay for internet service. If u are making it free for all in line with your socialist mentality; then watch out for the ibos, they will use this same free service to make millions while ur people will be looking like toads. He should have used the money to build MOTOR PARKS and Mechanic Villages.
who doesn't have money? since your kinsmen are that rich, what makes kidnapping, babies factories, rituals, prostitutions and other social vices rampant in your region? smh for Igbo logic
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by FreeGlobe(f): 10:09am On Dec 13, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

We have been buildin cities and civilizations before you learnt to cover your na-ke-dn-ess. You are no match for us industrially.
Oh no there is no benefit of Walmart and McDonald's to you but you and your kinsmen here are celebrating shoprite and kfc. You people are just ridiculous! care to tell us the cities that were built and civilized by yorubas. The last time I toured yorubaland it was as if I took a trip to the year 1913

2 Likes

Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by superstar1(m): 10:11am On Dec 13, 2013
ifechez:

akpa amu dika gi!!!!!! why are those companies not in the other slum states of yirobar land? why are there not the likes of alaba or trade fair market or computer village in Ibadan or oshogbo? why are there not the huge Igbo population in Ibadan as we occupied lekki, okota, festac etc?

we are in Lagos becos of it's former status and facilities built by FG. did yorobars build third mainland bridge? did you build the seaports and MMA? were you the people that built the numerous FG expressways? did you build the first housing estate in Nigeria at surulere? did you build the national stadium or theater? did you build festac?

See this one, ejaculat1ng over what is not theirs.So festac was built by FG and so therefore it belongs to the ibos. there is nothing we wont hear.

In another news, who is the LG chairman of Ojo LG where the festac is? omo y1bo ni abi. Lagos is FG state and all the political positions are filled up by Yorubas. What happened to Federal character? You are a classical example of Dundee United. We can decide to close Festac anytime we like. We closed 1004, a property that was for FG before privatisation, and nothing happened. Ask the occupants of 1004.

I repeat, the political class of a place, determines and demonstrates who owns the place. The day you have the gut to have even just a mere Maazi of Lagos, not Eze o, and to be a LG chairman, i will truly know the Ibos are the owners of Lagos.

Ibos own Lagos and during the June 12 struggle, they carried the ghana-must-go and ran back to their enclaves. No man's land indeed. If you are looking for no man's land, you will get to the antarctic or arctic and if you are looking for land to annex, its easier for you to annex SS, if they allow you.

We are waiting for you in 2015.
Re: The IGR Debate - Reloaded! by ichidodo: 10:12am On Dec 13, 2013
Ayekotoo:
who doesn't have money? since your kinsmen are that rich, what makes kidnapping, babies factories, rituals, prostitutions and other social vices rampant in your region? smh for Igbo logic
Well it does not change the fact that yeribas are into forgery, Agberoism(commercial/corporate),Prostitution, Armed Robbery, Molestation/Paedophology and Land fraud yet they still live in smelly dirty mud thatched shanties.The Spirit of Omoluabism must be very warped

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27) (Reply)

I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan / BREAKING: Saharareporters Floors Saraki @ Appeal Court, N4bn Judgement Overturnd / Sowore Speaks From Custody, Says Buhari Out To Destroy Civic Space

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.