Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ (31167 Views)

APC Blast PDP:'A Party That Can't Even Spell Its Name Wants 2 Save Nigeria'(pics / Ndigbo To Jonathan; Keep Us Out Of Your Nonsense / Obasanjo Fires Again, Warns Jonathan: ‘keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by callmenow: 9:57pm On Dec 15, 2013
If you believe in democracy, then OBJ like you and I must have our say. As long as it is not inciting, call to armed violence, or against one of the provisions of the amended constitution of the Federal Republic. OBJ has his interests. Jonathan has his interests. SO do you and other Nigerians. The issues raised ignorantly by OBJ is being addressed. Tomorrow at 10 am Nigeria time, the CBN, NNPC, DPR, FIRS and Ministry of Finance are meeting at Abuja to reconcile their numbers. Hopefully, Sanusi will come out with humble pie in his face. On the issue of cronyism (populating the government with Ijaw people), OBJ is disingenuous. He did not provide any data on this. On all the other issues (including Hamza Mustapha), Jonathan only maintains one of the tripod of our democracy, namely the executive. He is not constitutionally allowed to interfere with NASS or the Judiciary. OBJ panders to the Nigeria he knows that dwell more on rumours, innuendos and character assassinations (No smoke without fire ilk). Sanusi and OBJ are unhappy with Jonathan's increasing global profile. They want him to be a malleable 'gentleman' politician. But he is playing a blinder. He is effectively using the structures that OBJ put in place to preside effectively. If the events of this week prove that Jonathan has not been corrupt, OBJ's reputation will be finished. His legacy will be posthumous investigation of his pillaging.

uzeba: What right does Baba have to tell Jonathan not to contest? It means if Jonathan does'nt contest, definitely peace will reign. Does it mean insecurity rises becuase Jonathan is the President and still want to contest?
Let us now assume, Jonathan decides not to contest again, what would happen? Sincerely, these Babas are the problem of this country.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by Mexyz(m): 10:00pm On Dec 15, 2013
I can't just imagine Osama bin laden accusing Shekau of being a terrorist.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by chadnezzar0worl(m): 10:05pm On Dec 15, 2013
[i][/i]who the f...K re u to Tell obj to shut his mouth! shaking my head for youths of our time, no respect for elders, there re better ways to put ur points,
ceo4eva: It's high time OBJ shut his mouth. He's only trying to exacerbate and heighten the political tension in the land. He was never a Saint during his own regime. Corruption still flourished under OBJ the same way it's being celebrated now. Let both men desist from committing more crimes against Morals and Decency.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by Abagworo(m): 10:09pm On Dec 15, 2013
Obasanjo is a legend. He has made many landmark statements that will forever remain on the lips of Nigerians like the popular. "I dey laugh o"

These 2 phrases are my latest favorite

1) Before its too late

2) Don't reply; save Nigeria

Short but classic phrases. Jonathan has the knife and the yam, so Nigeria's peace and coporate existence rests in his hands. At a time the almighty IBB found himself in this sort of situation but chose wisely to save Nigeria and that is why he's still alive today.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by gondie: 10:11pm On Dec 15, 2013
GEJ was never going to dignify the baboon with a response as he rightly said. so no big deal.....he will write another one soon, hopefully from his grave.
Circle-Of-Wilis:
exactly! we dnt need some dumb replies from a slow, daft president- WE NEED ACTION!

if baba peace can not face the heat, let him leave
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by chadnezzar0worl(m): 10:12pm On Dec 15, 2013
[i][/i]meaninless post! GEJ silence is not golden, it's a result of bereaved ideas, nd he has his abati nd okupe, with ready replies, even when a fly perches they ve a reply, but this letter beat them hands down, for every well and deep thinking Nigerian, they re quite aware that obj letter is much more than fables or political blackmail, there re a whole lot of truth embedded in it, but for only sharp nd discerning minds,
babyface333: Obasanjo ran to kenya were GEJ was invited for their independence to meet our president. He is utterly shocked that GEJ didnt even mention anything or the contents of the letter to him there. I guess OBJ was thinking GEJ would begin to ask him, caution or even start to curry favour from him. Obasanjo is trying to use such a weighty letter to whip GEJ in line so as to play his godfather role again and reckon to relevance. He is still shocked that GEJ called his bluff in kenya, just had dinner with him and everyone left.

Gej's silence in the midst of all this provocations from these bitter politicians is a thing of concern to them. They dont know what he has in the offing. If it was obasanjo that was been accussed of all these atrocities, heads would have rolled by now. If OBJ can reply ordinary edris abdukareem on his famous song "nigeria jaga jaga" and say na him papa and mama jaga jaga, then we can imagine other oppositions. This same OBJ destroyed the opposition, took in some of them like late bola ige, today were is bola ige.

I love GEJ for one thing. His silence is uncommon in the midst of all this provocations. His silence has earned him the name clueless and retardeen. For sure, who ever tutored GEJ in this roughshod called nigeria politics is the best.

I will drop machiavelli's famous quote " the end justifies the means".
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by gondie: 10:16pm On Dec 15, 2013
even the devil is a legend to you as long as he speaks ill of GEJ; shame on you.

Abagworo: Obasanjo is a legend. He has made many landmark statements that will forever remain on the lips of Nigerians like the popular. "I dey laugh o"

1) Before its too late

Short but classic phrases. Jonathan has the knife and the yam, so Nigeria's peace and coporate existence rests in his hands. At a time the almighty IBB found himself in this sort of situation but chose wisely to save Nigeria and that is why he's still alive today.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by callmenow: 10:17pm On Dec 15, 2013
To be the President of Nigeria requires guile and fastidiousness. OBJ has all these and more. OBJ is not mad. He is a civilian politician and a military politician. He knows that money moves people. He understands the Nigerian psyche. OBJ promised the NORTH eight unmitigated years after his tenure, but providence intervened. He wants the NORTH to reclaim their 'MANDATE'. But his best laid plans to manipulate Nigeria until his death has not worked out. Because Jonathan is not playing according to the script that was drafted for him. OBJ and his cohorts (including the NASS speaker and most of the Northern Governors) have a number of options. All these point to eliminating Jonathan, either physically, politically, etc. Tambuwal has considered impeachment, but he is afraid that what happened to Rotimi Amaechi will happen to him as well. Jonathan uncharacteristically has beefed up his security details, got the best economic team in place, etc, but missing out on a good PR outfit. All these sabre rattling by his detractors will not yield fruit. He does not eat apple or oranges from well wishers, which has further frustrated his detractors. OBJ must beware. The bell is tolling for him .... Would Nigerians give OBJ a similar funeral to Madiba next year or so when he shuffles on ...? Who is going to inherit all his global mansions when he succumbs to the grim reaper? That should exercise him more than the other gist..

phiphis: Obj to the best of my understanding is just exibiting his high level of madness. At his age and status i thick he shoul behave better than this. look at past leaders like IBB, Abdulsalam, Gowon, shagari all northerners can never misbehave like this. this kind of letter shouldent have been writen by him. he has the opportunity to make this country better two time but he did not ultilized it rather he was bussy looking for third term. he should better seal his lips and cover his face in shame
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by naijaking1: 10:19pm On Dec 15, 2013
Abagworo: Obasanjo is a legend. He has made many landmark statements that will forever remain on the lips of Nigerians like the popular. "I dey laugh o"

1) Before its too late

More like,

"Fellow Nigerians, because of the truthful letter written to me by my political father, Olusegun Obasanjo, I, Good Luck Jonathan hereby forefiet my rights, and renounce all attempts to run for a second term. I have also decided to resign effective immediately, so that OBJ can complete his 3rd term agenda. I'm sorry for disobeying OBJ my esteemed father, I promise never to disobey him ever, end ever again"
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by guiddoti: 10:21pm On Dec 15, 2013
I have nothing to comment but to say that the picture is an example of two face confrontation grin
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by chadnezzar0worl(m): 10:41pm On Dec 15, 2013
GEJ more accommodating! Yes! A better leader than OBJ! I beg to differ, in saner countries GEJ he can't even lead a classroom, obj is a born leader, respected for his leadership credentials in and out of the country,nd maybe a lot of you do not know that obj 8 years was d most trying in d political and democratic period of this nation, stabilising the polity after years of military rule and bastards action was no mean feat, u think GEJ could handle that transition nd curb d military nd tame d mind set of public holders, only obj could, it's no mistake he is respected in d whole of Africa, nd u know d truth! He is still d best civilian president this nation has ever had
Point well made, it is not about Nigerians, but about a waning political influence.
I will never forgive OBJ for squandering the best 8yrs of international goodwill Nigeria ever had after a glorious dawn in 1998-99 when we heaved a sigh of relief and anticipation.
Everyone was expecting him to follow in the steps of the great Madiba who was leaving office at about that time, by doing a ssingle term of 4yrs, reconcile the nation, set a template a for true transforming, people oriented governance, but lo and behold, OBJ instituted official corruption in Nigeria starting with the financially induced election of Evan Enwerem as senate president, against the popular choice of Okadigbo, murdered innocent men, women and children in Odi and Zaki-Biam, betrayed and sold Bakassi and it`s people in anticipation of a nobel peace prize. Made political assassination a political tool. Who can forget A.K.Dikibo, Bola Ige etc.
GEJ is 10 times a better and more accommodating leader than him.
Olusegun Obasanjo represents a generation of leaders that failed Nigeria and should please shut up ![/quote]
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by seangy4konji: 10:42pm On Dec 15, 2013
i wonder oo.who needs a reply from the clueless president...I just watched an interview of Badluck Jonathan with Christiana Amanpour and the replies coming from our president is just not typical of a Nigerian President...Slow,shabby and lacks respect of a NIGERIAN president.so clueless,sluggish and out of place...Cant even probe thieving ministers in his cabinet...Is that how Nigeria will be great...They wont even give our president 5 minutes to speak at Mandelas funeral just because they laugh at our back that look at this people,they have money and wealth and their politicians will bring the money to our countries and save it there while their masses languish in poverty,no power supply and so on...we are only relevant in the world now because they know our thieving politicians and oil thieves have given them the permission to continually loot and thieve our oil while we keep using generator and have no single sector of our economy without the blemish of corrupt officials and thieves...God bless Nigeria....Its a failed country already....
Circle-Of-Wilis:
exactly! we dnt need some dumb replies from a slow, daft president- WE NEED ACTION!

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by mbhs139(m): 10:44pm On Dec 15, 2013
Ever since the issue of this letter came up, and going by the comments of fellow Nigerians I have came across at every fora, I think it is the politicians that need to stone us for being so daft and silly to have allowed them carry on like this.

I'm not a fan of OBJ, neither am I that of GEJ. But if you ask me, I would say let us rather leave the messanger alone and deal with the message. In the same vein, according to former American president, George W. Bush, you don't criticize a sitting president, because the job at hand is enough worry for him. That is not to say we shouldn't point out his failures.

GEJ should rather deal with the issues raised in the message and leave the messenger alone. I have not said anything new anyway.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by Abagworo(m): 10:47pm On Dec 15, 2013
naijaking1:

More like,

"Fellow Nigerians, because of the truthful letter written to me by my political father, Olusegun Obasanjo, I, Good Luck Jonathan hereby forefiet my rights, and renounce all attempts to run for a second term. I have also decided to resign effective immediately, so that OBJ can complete his 3rd term agenda. I'm sorry for disobeying OBJ my esteemed father, I promise never to disobey him ever, end ever again"

Not really. IBB had rights to contest and rig himself in too but he knew he couldn't face the consequences and had to hand over to a Southwesterner as interim.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by seangy4konji: 10:53pm On Dec 15, 2013
Just the same way he has kept quiet about the thieving minister who bought bullet proof cars,the same way he does not even have a clue how billions of dollars was not remitted into the countries purse and not ask questions...a quarter of that money will fix Nigerias electricity problems for 20 years...CLUELESS AND CORRUPT MAN...we talking about Billions here of us dollars...he is busy attending weddings while young adults and teenagers sleep and wake with fear of how tommorow go becos rich keeps looting and poor suffer to stay alive.end up doing fornication as a lady to meet ends meet or joining bad gang or doing hard labor with your degree when the money meant to create jobs,do electricy has been share among just 50 people.what is meant for 120 million NIGERIANS...
BigBen10:

the same way he kept silent about ASUU strike for months

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by greggng: 10:54pm On Dec 15, 2013
My worry is that we don't want nigeria to break and yet we want to institutionalise ethnic politics. If some people are considered not morally right to question gej cos of their past and those who has the moral right don't have the capacity to speak out their minds for fear. My question now is who will deliver this country? The best thing that will happen to us is disintegration so that people can really face their own people .tribalism, ethnicity has ruined this nation. Unfortunately nigeria will go through a seccond war that will finally put to rest what we see as nigeriaf
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by Nobody: 10:57pm On Dec 15, 2013
mbhs139: Ever since the issue of this letter came up, and going by the comments of fellow Nigerians I have came across at every fora, I think it is the politicians that need to stone us for being so daft and silly to have allowed them carry on like this.

I'm not a fan of OBJ, neither am I that of GEJ. But if you ask me, I would say let us rather leave the messanger alone and deal with the message. In the same vein, according to former American president, George W. Bush, you don't criticize a sitting president, because the job at hand is enough worry for him. That is not to say we shouldn't point out his failures.

GEJ should rather deal with the issues raised in the message and leave the messenger alone. I have not said anything new anyway.

your problem is that you do not realize that the message has nothing to do with the future of Nigeria

it has all to do with the future of OBJ's political relevance

the Man has installed Shagari and Yaradua, now he wants to install Sule Lamido against the will of a sitting President and without recourse to Nigerians. Hence the letter!

Let OBJ go to the polls and test his popularity, GEJ will contest in 2015
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by victorv12(m): 11:07pm On Dec 15, 2013
Some of these Nairalanders are mediocre in thinking. The people critizing Obasanjo regarding the allegations he raised against the president are not sincere with the reality of the Nigeria polity. They'd rather comment based on their tribal chauvinism.

We know Obasanjo is not as clean as he professes, but I can categorically say, during his administration, some of the goverment looters that was caught were incarcerated unlike Johnathan's anarchic government. The level of corruption, kidnapping and terrorism were contained during Obasanjo's administration, not like the one we have presently.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by ojimbo(m): 11:22pm On Dec 15, 2013
2015 2015 2015 2105, one or two or more people may not live to see that year, God is watching all of us, you can deceive nigerian but cannot deceive God, He will soon bring judgement on you people
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by ojimbo(m): 11:26pm On Dec 15, 2013
victorv12: Some of these Nairalanders are mediocre in thinking. The people critizing Obasanjo regarding the allegations he raised against the president are not sincere with the reality of the Nigeria polity. They'd rather comment based on their tribal chauvinism.

We know Obasanjo is not as clean as he professes, but I can categorically say, during his administration, some of the goverment looters that was caught were incarcerated unlike Johnathan's anarchic government. The level of corruption, kidnapping and terrorism were contained during Obasanjo's administration, not like the one we have presently.
you are the kidnaper and the terrorist, its in your hjand to repend and stop killing innocent ones, its not in the hand of johnatan to fetch you out cos he is not God, bring your self out and confess ur sins, God will forgive you, io believe that will put an end to kidnapping and terrorism
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by guymega: 11:42pm On Dec 15, 2013
ojimbo: you are the kidnaper and the terrorist, its in your hjand >to repend and stop killing innocent ones, its not in the hand of johnatan to fetch you out cos he is not God, bring your self out and confess ur sins, God will forgive you, io believe that will put an end to kidnapping and terrorism

U're a big fool for attacking unnecessarily. Make your point and stop attacking. He has a right to his own opinion. If u've got any, simply spit it out. slowpoke
. angry

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by Howmanage: 12:20am On Dec 16, 2013
k.style:
Why obj just dey tackle 'papa peace' na?.....but on a crious note,gej nids 2 put his house in order...he's fast becomin d worst tin 2 hapn 2 9ja since d dayz of anini....i hope he delivers....all izz well

Am curious to know what the common man in the street is seeing that makes the bolded true? Am not pro (or against) GEJ but sincerely cant understand the hue and cry. How are people judging GEJ to be the worst president compared to the predecessors?

Apart from Boko Haram which you cant really lay at his feet since islamic extremism is now a global thing....
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by naijaking1: 12:25am On Dec 16, 2013
Abagworo:

Not really. IBB had rights to contest and rig himself in too but he knew he couldn't face the consequences and had to hand over to a Southwesterner as interim.

Are comparing that IBB rogue, dictator, emperor/king/president with democratically elected humble GEJ
You missed the point completely then.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by pcaptain38(f): 12:27am On Dec 16, 2013
watching d darama

if u are looking for affordable spacious hall for hire for any kind of Event
call 07046432546

http://central-business-district./spacious-hall-for-all-kind-of-social-and-corporate-events-in-the-heart-of-abuja-for-hire-iid-574395829
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by funshint(m): 1:32am On Dec 16, 2013
biafranqueen:

“The true genius shudders at incompleteness — imperfection — and usually prefers silence to saying the something which is not everything that should be said.”
― Edgar Allan Poe,
“Nothing strengthens authority so much as silence.”
― Leonardo da Vinci

“Silence is the ultimate weapon of power.”
― Charles de Gaulle
Sometimes however "Silence may connote stupidity; when you don't know what to say or do". *winks

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by Nobody: 1:38am On Dec 16, 2013
i tot obj has sense,,,,,,,, nawao lipsrsealed
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by dinggle: 2:05am On Dec 16, 2013
I'm a staunch critic to Gej never supported him, always saw this coming. But one of the failures of his regime was not persecuting OBJ for corruption and death of Bola Ige. The evidence is clear. How did OBJ know Ige was down at 3:00am? and why did he ask his boys not to leave?
These guys are wasting the lives of the youths!....I only pray the dream I had last week doesn't come to pass, it was terrible, in it the heads of politicians without their bodies were hung on electric poles around the country, the rampage of the youths could only be describe as what is seen in the movie "Zombie" it was a horrible sight to behold. 95% of my dreams always come to pass. And because of what I saw, I truly hope this dream will be among the 5% that will not come to pass. Evidently Boko Haram has not taught the leadership of the country any lesson. If every Nigerian youth decide to turn themselves into bombs tomorrow stolen wealth will be value-less.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by Nobody: 2:28am On Dec 16, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

We dey kampe!
I also dey ur back gidigbam!
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by bunmit(m): 2:38am On Dec 16, 2013
Circle-Of-Wilis:

eyi o wa po ju!!!
Dis one no too much for him alone
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by biafranqueen: 3:23am On Dec 16, 2013
Swiftboy: Wow! Am of the opinion we Nigerians are not ready for the change we need! Tribalism,ethnicity,nepotism,religion extremism,corruption and all other vices wont help us to demand for credible leaders to take us to the promise land.I think we all have a role to play! We must stand firm and call our leaders to book.truth is non of them is patriotic enough to serve motherland and I fear for the youth...that we'll not make the same mistake they're making when the time comes!
Irresponsible leaders can not lead responsible citizens, so if we refuse to act responsible then we will continue to get irresponsible leaders, simple.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: ‘Keep Your Reply, Save Nigeria!’ by biafranqueen: 3:25am On Dec 16, 2013
funshint:
Sometimes however "Silence may connote stupidity; when you don't know what to say or do". *winks
That is true *shrugging shoulders

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Pictures That Summarise 2016 For Nigerians / Kiki Osinbajo Looks Radiant In New Adorable Bedroom Photos / FG Declares May 25 & 26 Public Holidays To Mark Eidul-Fitr Celebrations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.