Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,982 members, 7,814,343 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Madonna University: The Truth - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Madonna University: The Truth (37877 Views)

The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate / Ebonyi State University (ebsu) Now Federal University The Name : / Tansian University, The Pride Of Anambra State! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Madonna University: The Truth by papadims: 2:50pm On Aug 03, 2008
Toluxa,
what would you now say about igbinedion uni.
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by DuduCute: 2:55pm On Aug 03, 2008
It's jst unfortunate dat in this time and century, sum so called literates are so much ignorant. Since so much abusive words as a result of wanting 2 reply 2 a poster's topic is permitted, then i would nt mind to use more of it also. Anybodi in his right senses cant tell me that there are nigerian universites (private or public) dt would not mind if ur O'level result is nt complete 4 a normal degree programme. Der may be sum illegal presentation of results, documents nd so on on d part of d student, dt is d essence of screening exercise which shld b vigourously done. It appns evriwhere. Am definitely not a graduate of Madonna or Covenant, fault findings which we all know are perculiar to all schools not neccessary to b directed towards a particular group simply because of beef.
Nobodi wants 2 spend unneccessary years in d unviversity wen der is a normal stipulated time for difff programmes to be run. Dat anybodi spent 6-7 yrs in a public university even witout any extra yr is no bodi's fault, so i c no reason y a set of private establishmnts is striving to reddem ds image nd pple wld b criticising. Well dts normal.
Social vices are everywhere, der are lapses evry where, nt only in d educational sector, so d issue of expelling pregnant students or people wt H.I.V from a private univ. is nt in any way a relevent arguement. It appns even in Churches, nt to tuk of d so called highly placed Nigerian public Univ.

Evry sch has der weak points So let,s b resonable wen tukin.

I op Seun wil allow ds reply to stay cos i dnt really no wat has bn appnin to al d replies i av bn postin.
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by toluxa1(m): 3:01pm On Aug 03, 2008
@papa_dims. I dont really know much about them. Me I dey school for Federal University of Technology, Minna (the correct school). What do you think about them?
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by truth2: 3:29pm On Aug 03, 2008
in reference to MR DUDU CUTE: the may be lapses everywhere but part of eradicating this lapses lies in criticism of it.

if ur father came to ur school to treat an issue related to u, would it be ok if the D.V.C slapped him? if ur parents and siblings came for ur matric and instead they were mauled by over zealous security men, would dat be ok? if as a parent u paid 250000 for ur wards tuition, and the isnt a P.T.A 4 u to voice ur opinions, would dat also be ok?
u try to sound tolerant on this issues but u r obviously ignorant
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by elojudy: 4:15pm On Aug 03, 2008
Naija critics!whether madonna university is a glorified secodary school or not.with time great noble citizens both men and women will be recognised with the name MADONNA UNIVERSITY.Criticism is always part of every success.
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by papadims: 4:21pm On Aug 03, 2008
elojudy:

Naija critics!whether madonna university is a glorified secodary school or not.with time great noble citizens both men and women will be recognised with the name MADONNA UNIVERSITY.Criticism is always part of every success.

you are right my dear, nobody wants to associate themselves with anything at the begining, they only want ready made successes. all the best university around started from some where. so i think with time the school would improve.
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by papadims: 4:30pm On Aug 03, 2008
toluxa 1

i don't much about fut minna but i heard that the school is nice.

when would they release their admission list?
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by SMC(f): 4:51pm On Aug 03, 2008
Are you guys kidding me? I cannot even believe what I am reading here. Surely, it is illegal for anyone (employer or school authority) to expel people on the ground that they are HIV positive (or even pregnant). Talk about backward mentality. Does anyone know anybody that was so expelled? We should be talking lawsuits here. And I know, that in fucking Nigeria, the legal system and the courts seldom come through at all for the common man. . . and certainly not on time.
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by MrCrackles(m): 6:41pm On Aug 03, 2008
Madonna University?
Wat a name for an insitution! grin
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by Viante(f): 6:59pm On Aug 03, 2008
Abi ooh

Nansense Uni
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by gabelogan(m): 7:01pm On Aug 03, 2008
toluxa how far?

na minna u dey? hw the place now?

fut minna na my alumni. how things for minna?
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by gabelogan(m): 7:02pm On Aug 03, 2008
as for madonna university. i think the school i scrap.

i know a guy who left school then (cos of the persistent strikes) and went to madonna. the guy spent a day there and changed his mind. he decided to come back to school. he said it was crap
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by A40(m): 7:14pm On Aug 03, 2008
How can a serious school be called Madonna the name alone is amusing

@bigrovar
You sure say that place na school or hotel?

1 Like

Re: Madonna University: The Truth by known: 7:30pm On Aug 03, 2008
GOOD DAY HOUSE.

PLEASE I JUST HAVE TO COMMENT ON THIS ISSUES, ABT THE PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES IN NIGERIA.

I STRONGLY DISAGREE WITH SOME OF YOUR OPINIONS ABOUT SOME OF THEM.

BY THE GRACE OF GOD AM OUT OF THE TERTIARY INSTITUTION.

I WENT TO THE COVENANT UNIVERSITY ON A PERSONAL RESEARCH PROGRAM, MEN I WAS ASTONISHED BY THE VOLUME

OF BOOKS IN THEIR LIBARIES AND THE NUMBER OF COMPUTERS THAT WERE THERE. PALLYS I WENT HOME FULFILLED

I WAS ABLE TO GET ALL THAT I HAVE EVER WENTED IN THAT FIELD. THIS WAS IN 2006.

AND FOR THE MADONNA ISSUE, I AM NOW AT THE EAST SO I HAVE BE COMING ACROSS SOME OF THEM. I EVEN HAVE

ONE AS A CLOSED FRIEND, THOSE STUDENTS ARE KNOWLEDGEABLE, SO PLEASE GUYS GET UR FACTS TOGETHER AND

DISPLAY THEM, LIKE HOW ONE OF US DID ABT THE PIVATE UNI IN ABUJA, IF YOU CAN.

I MUST PLEAD TO US, TO LET US GIVE THIS PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES THAT MOST NEEDED TIME TO BE WHAT WE WANT

THEM TO BE.

OR PERHAPS YOU GUYS ARE JUST DOING ALL THESE FOR THE FUN OF IT.

THANK YOU

KNOWN
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by Viante(f): 7:35pm On Aug 03, 2008
YAY!!! big ups to Covenant University!!!! grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Madonna University: The Truth by Okijajuju1(m): 8:23pm On Aug 03, 2008
II Jeremiah 5;14 Blessed are those who pass Neco, Waec, JAMB and Post JAMB, for theirs is the luxury of Federal University, And Cursed are those who flunk SSCE and JAMB for theirs is the torment of religious Universities.
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by lucabrasi(m): 8:53pm On Aug 03, 2008
SMC:

Are you guys kidding me? I cannot even believe what I am reading here. Surely, it is illegal for anyone (employer or school authority) to expel people on the ground that they are HIV positive (or even pregnant). Talk about backward mentality. Does anyone know anybody that was so expelled? We should be talking lawsuits here. And I know, that in fucking Nigeria, the legal system and the courts seldom come through at all for the common man. . . and certainly not on time.
why are you taking it so personal?its their school and the law didnt just spring up on students after they or their guardians signed the dotted lines,they read the laws and agreed to it,besides its a christian school and these are the kinda qualities they dont want in their school,i have been to some countries in europe,uk and the us and i know for a fact that anywhere you sign a contract either school,business e.t.c it is binding and they cant be held liable,in a country where the public universities are breeding prostitutes,cultists turning into armed robbers and hired killers and yahoo yahoo boys and girls christian universities should be applauded,go and check the politics section and read about the girl that faked her own kidnapping with undesirables she met in her public uni and got 5 million off her dad,guess u prefer that sort of freedom right?
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by lucabrasi(m): 8:59pm On Aug 03, 2008
@topic
everything you have listed about that university are hiccups which is to be expected in a new university,saying the vc looks like a cult persn or that they are shouting at students is nit picking at a university that i presume is less than 10 years old,there are universities in the united kingdom and other institutions that are not accredited as well,buckingham university is full of children of nigerian elites and is expensive but is like the last in the league of top universities and growing yet is more expensive than some universities in the top 50.
rather than raving and ranting,abusing madonna or whaever the uni is called,i think ur anger and abuse should be directed at the corrupt government in your country who have left their federal and state universities development and turned them into a conduit pipe to siphon money, besides most of the universities you are comparing madonna with have been around for nuifn less than 50 years
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by outlaws(m): 9:08pm On Aug 03, 2008
cool

Based on the picture, the school actually look nice but I don't know what happens inside. I guess you can't judge a book by its cover. But based on the comments so far, Madonna University is a bleeped up school not fit to be called a university.
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by outlaws(m): 9:14pm On Aug 03, 2008
cool

I guess the picture I looked at is the new school in Abuja not Madonna University. Maybe there are guards around Madonna University to prevent people from taking pictures or maybe cameras are not allowed.
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by 4Play(m): 9:17pm On Aug 03, 2008
lucabrasi:

why are you taking it so personal?its their school and the law didnt just spring up on students after they or their guardians signed the dotted lines,they read the laws and agreed to it,besides its a christian school and these are the kind of qualities they don't want in their school,i have been to some countries in europe,uk and the us and i know for a fact that anywhere you sign a contract either school,business e.t.c it is binding and they can't be held liable,in a country where the public universities are breeding prostitutes,cultists turning into armed robbers and hired killers and yahoo yahoo boys and girls christian universities should be applauded,go and check the politics section and read about the girl that faked her own kidnapping with undesirables she met in her public uni and got 5 million off her dad,guess u prefer that sort of freedom right?

Your argument is absurd. It is not open for any educational institution to automatically expel students on the grounds that they are HIV+ or pregnant. A fair reading of the constitution would show that it is against their human rights.

Besides,the policy reveals many absurdities:

Why stop at HIV? Why not gonorrhea,syphilis,herpes and every other STD one can think of? If someone contacts HIV,how does the University determine that it was acquired through sexual intercourse and not through any other means? Even if contacted through sex,how would the Uni know whether the carrier was a promiscuous person or merely the victim of a promiscuous partner or sex abuse?

For the pregnant girls,what is the punishment for girls who immediately abort their babies or who use contraceptives? Does the Uni also punish their male students who get females pregnant?
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by weimar: 9:22pm On Aug 03, 2008
It is not clear why a Okija_juju in the forum included Babcock University as one of the bad private schools in Nigeria. Babcock is a Seventh-day Adventist Institution known for their reputation as one of the best schools in the world. Schools like Andrews Unviversity, Loma Linda University, Pacific Union College, Union College (USA) and other higher institutions share the same method and philosphy of teaching with Babcock University. You definitely need a high school diploma as a requirement to apply to the school. Once your application is received, you will write an admission test. If you pass, then you will be fully accepted into the program. The school is primarily focusing on accepting Seventh-day Adventists who can't take their exams on Saturday, and this simply due to their beliefs (Exodus 20:cool, where it reveals every member to obey the ten commandments (John 14:15).

Yes, Babcock one of the most expensive private higher institutions in the Country but it sure is a safe place to be. You will always find a teacher in class to teach, the pressure to bribe is close to zero, and you will find excellent students to befriend and packed with positive influence. So, if the gentleman that included Babcock as a bad school could give reasons why the school is bad, it will be apprciated.
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by reindeer: 9:34pm On Aug 03, 2008
r u a babcock student?
what are you doing up so late?
its lights out time!
you want to be whipped on the assembly tomorrrow?or you want to be dizzy when you are all singing the national anthem on the assembly? grin

just kidding, hope all that aint true about your school, or it will be bad-cock and bull school! grin
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by lucabrasi(m): 10:06pm On Aug 03, 2008
4 Play:

Your argument is absurd. It is not open for any educational institution to automatically expel students on the grounds that they are HIV+ or pregnant. A fair reading of the constitution would show that it is against their human rights.

Besides,the policy reveals many absurdities:

Why stop at HIV? Why not gonorrhea,syphilis,herpes and every other STD one can think of? If someone contacts HIV,how does the University determine that it was acquired through sexual intercourse and not through any other means? Even if contacted through sex,how would the Uni know whether the carrier was a promiscuous person or merely the victim of a promiscuous partner or sex abuse?

For the pregnant girls,what is the punishment for girls who immediately abort their babies or who use contraceptives? Does the Uni also punish their male students who get females pregnant?
pls lets be careful before using words,whats absurd in a school stating their rules and regulations in a contract and then the parent or guardian fully functional and of sound mind health wise signed on the dotted lines that their wards will abide by these rules?
anything whatsoever might be going on in other universities but they have a zero tolerance on these vices so why should that be a crime, the issue here is that in a crazy world where anything goes,they dont want sexual intercource and what not going on,even in america theres a silver ring or whever group of teenagers that commit themselves to being virgins untill they get married,why are they not being jailed or sued to court for tampering with these teenagers human rights?
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by Joseph6(m): 10:17pm On Aug 03, 2008
perhaps parents shld stop sendin their children 2 quack quack schools. atleast i know some of the best students 4rm my sec sch who went 2 covenant but madonna was strictly 4 d losers how d hell wld they produce a first class
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by 4Play(m): 10:22pm On Aug 03, 2008
lucabrasi:

please lets be careful before using words,whats absurd in a school stating their rules and regulations in a contract and then the parent or guardian fully functional and of sound mind health wise signed on the dotted lines that their wards will abide by these rules?
anything whatsoever might be going on in other universities but they have a zero tolerance on these vices so why should that be a crime, the issue here is that in a crazy world where anything goes,they don't want sexual intercource and what not going on,even in america theres a silver ring or whever group of teenagers that commit themselves to being virgins untill they get married,why are they not being jailed or sued to court for tampering with these teenagers human rights?

With all due respect,your reasoning is appalling.

An illegal contract does not create an obligation. Such an agreement which purports to deprive one of his fundamental human rights is null and void.

Also,it is one thing to want to crackdown on sexual immorality,it is quite another to seek to attain this goal through absurd measures such as expelling HIV+ and pregnant students. I raised a series of questions which you obviously don't have an answer to.

And what in the name of whatever deity you worship are you talking about when referring to teenage Americans wearing silver rings to signify their virginity? Does anyone compel them to wear them?
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by Uche2nna(m): 10:34pm On Aug 03, 2008
Convenant

Babcock

Igbinedion

Madonna

E.t.c

I put them all in one basket. One might be at the very bottom of that basket but the fact remains they are all in the same basket.

Not that the Federal and state universities are any better but like someone earlier posted , U just have to make the best out of a bad condition.

When the poster was reeling out what was wrong with Madonna , I was like this is familiar grin Apart from the religious angle to it, schools having no books in the library, cramped accomodation facilities, frequent disruption of electricity , lack of exam halls, missing results (should I go on grin) is very common in all the Uni's be it state or Federal. All U have to do is to stress it out, make ur results and hope for something better.

As long as the stress wont kill U, it would make u stronger in the long run. Believe me, I know!!! grin Been there, done that cheesy
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by Viante(f): 10:35pm On Aug 03, 2008
Beef dogs a-plenty

Basket ko, calabash ni

Nonsense reasons
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by 4Play(m): 10:35pm On Aug 03, 2008
Are these private universities any worse than some of the Govt universities in the far north?

@Viante

You sef,you are a poster child for private universities. grin
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by Uche2nna(m): 10:36pm On Aug 03, 2008
Dont worry, ur school is at the top of the basket  grin
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by Viante(f): 10:41pm On Aug 03, 2008
My school no dey heny basket.

You people sef, take the beef, fry it and eat it!
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by Uche2nna(m): 10:41pm On Aug 03, 2008
4 Play:

Are these private universities any worse than some of the Govt universities in the far north?

I dont know about that.

However, what makes the Govt schools far off better than most of these private institution is the lecturers they boast off.  They go a long way in compensating for the lack of facilities. In my dept we had very little resources to carry out any meaningful studies but the academic staff comprised of seasoned personnel in the field. I never knew it until I had to get letters of recommendation from them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football / Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed / Result Controversy: ‘It’s Unfair, Not My Fault’, Mmesoma Says On JAMB 3-Year Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.