Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,135 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Madonna University: The Truth - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Madonna University: The Truth (37874 Views)

The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate / Ebonyi State University (ebsu) Now Federal University The Name : / Tansian University, The Pride Of Anambra State! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Madonna University: The Truth by bluegal(f): 1:36pm On Nov 17, 2008
dr tony whoever told u dat cheap lie about ma jamb must be a joker i wrote jamb once and scored 205 then wen jamb usually jamb ple so u can imagine d brain.i got admission into unijos after dere post jamb but unfortunately it came late after payin 4 per sesion at madonna.so mind u dere were no much trials luck was on my side,but my destiny choose madonna university so get it and get it clearly mr lion
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by bluegal(f): 2:06pm On Nov 17, 2008
mind u dr tony u can't compare a baby wit an adult we started yesteday and ur skul started when nig got dere independence so d difference is clear but i bet u we are meetin up unlyk when ure skul was our age.huever told u d standard of education in ur skul is d highest in nig must have fed u wit lies.it might be among dem but not d best
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by Hotstepper(f): 3:39pm On Nov 17, 2008
@Dr.Tony, as a UNN graduate, u sound rather naive and baised 2 ma ears. It till remain ma stand, it is not da best university in Nigeria and plz who says it is da least corrupted uni. in Nigeria, where did u get that 4rom? I have alot of people in that school and I know what they did to enter, Ma cuzzin is still waiting for her result ind at school and she did very well but u wont believe what they are asking 4 that ma uncle wants 2 send da child abroad 2 be betta 4 everyone.

You sound like how anybody will sound in defending one's interest. Ma sister started in that school but did not finish and during her own time is when UNN was UNN not now or 5/10 years ago.Yes, it is still good and gat standarfd but not da best in Nigeria and also shouldnt be compared with Madonna, not because itz a bad school but because its relatively a new school.

Moreover, people have different reasons for opting for private school because da state and federal ones r messed up and asking for 2 much and strike. My cuzzin got admission to read ECONOMICS at UNN but she declined it and went to gbinedion  university. now shez in camp and our familyfriend that entered UNN is yet 2 be done.

I personalyl would prefer a private uni. in Naija dan any other ones simply because u finish when u r opt 2 and their standard aint bad.

So therefore, it is condition that makes people to attend private unis. and not cuz they couldnt pass JAMB
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by bluegal(f): 1:34pm On Nov 18, 2008
hotsteper u are da bomb i mean u got all it takes and u have d full idea of hw naija uni operates.BRAVO
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by Hotstepper(f): 4:50pm On Nov 18, 2008
My dear, i am a very netural human being and straight 4ward so I say it da way I see it. In anyway u wanna comapre UNN with other skools, both academically, socially and in terms of infrasturcture, they r behind dan most skool dat started da same time as them. So i dont know da whole UNN this, UNN that, abi da same skool I have friends in and have personally visited and even da UNEC (ENUGU CAMPUS) is nuthing to write home about. UNN is just like Nigeria., just talk 4 talking sake and no action, da skool is just big and underdeveloped in all level, I would even attend ESUT dan to go 2 UNN cuz I have to study in a condusive enviroment.

The days wen UNN used 2 be do or die has gone and much beta skools have emerged and taken over and they r still in da 1900, I would take UNIZIK, ESUT, UNIBEN, OAU, UNIJOS, IBADAN even b4 UNN, ma own personal choice though.

I even asked ma cuzzin why she put UNN sef,

Sorry to the "Lions" ooo, I meant no harm or anything, wat i say doesnt matter anywayz so u'all should keep up da patriotism but i beg una dont say it is da best skool in Nigeria,
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by bluegal(f): 3:37pm On Nov 19, 2008
i think dr tony needs 2   shocked shocked shocked see this 2 knw were d lions belongs 2.
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by bluegal(f): 3:04pm On Nov 20, 2008
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by Hotstepper(f): 3:07pm On Nov 20, 2008
where are da UNN people ooooooooooooooooooooo?
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by AmakaOne(f): 3:20pm On Nov 20, 2008
The terrible state of Nigerian universities can be traced to the ignorance of previous leaders who misappropriated the revenue allocations meant for the sustainable development of higher institutions in Nigeria and neglected the welfare of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) and the students.
Nigerian universities have been relegated to the bottom of the accredited universities in the world. No Nigerian university is even rated among the best 1, 000 universities in the world and only one Nigerian university ranked among the top 50 universities in Africa at the 44th position.

Nigerian administrators neglected Nigerian universities, sent their children to the best colleges and universities in America and the UK, and then misappropriated revenue allocations to establish their own private universities. But none of their private universities even made the list of the best universities in the world in the latest global rankings. One of the best private universities in Nigeria, the Christian Covenant University is at the bottom of the rungs in Africa at the 98th Position,

Establishing private colleges and universities is not the solution to the falling standards of education in Nigeria, but making sure that the public colleges and universities are well equipped with the basic facilities and utilities, such as modern classes, laboratories, hostels with clean toilets and qualified academic staff. Most of the teachers and lecturers in Nigerian secondary schools, colleges and universities are not certified teachers. Having a degree is not enough qualification to teach. The teachers must be certified like the graduates of accountancy who must be certifed by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) before they can become competent professional accountants.

When the academic faculty is already faulty, then the quality of education will not be up to the required global standards. Poor teachers will produce poor students.

Before anyone can teach, you must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. You must have completed teacher training through an approved program and you must have successfully completed the appropriate teacher certification tests for the subject and grade level you wish to teach

Investigations have shown that many of the teachers in Nigeria cheated to pass their exams and dubbed projects to earn their diplomas and degrees. When they fail to get the dream jobs in banks or oil companies, they turn to the private schools, colleges and universities springing up daily and they are often employed by these insitutions that are in desperate need for tutors to teach the thousands of boys and girls already given admission. These private institutions have already charged exorbitant school fees in thousands of naira like the so called elitist schools charging over a million naira per session for a single pupil in Nigeria!

The private schools are all over the place, competing with the churches for every available space in the towns and cities in Nigeria. To know how phony they are, you can hardly find them in the rural areas where education is needed most. They are all after the money.

Opening private schools and churches are the fastest get-rich quick schemes in Nigeria today.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-195700.0.html#msg3112759

posted by Orikinla 14/1/2008.

I concur!!
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by DrTony1(m): 9:59pm On Nov 20, 2008
Hello Folks,
Heard all U said but I stil maintain my stand abt UNN d breeding place of GREAT Lions n Lioness.Of a truth Nigeria is way too back in educational standards wen compared 2 other Countries.But what i want to stress is dat Most Private Skool dont have the high Calibre of Lecturers dat most Fed. Skools have.We talk abt d likes of P.N Okeke(UNN),Wole Soyinka(U.I) n d rest
Almost most Universities especially MADONNA simply give out professionals courses like Law,PHARMACY,M.L.S,Medicine e.t.c. so easily 2 students who can pay their high fees,at d end promoting Graduate Illiteracy.
But in UNN every student sweats 4 every mark.U pass tru fire to graduate in Prof. Courses.Although UNN admits only 10% based on connection must U must cross JAMB 200 score.But let me tell U UNN alwayz screens out dis 10% of student esp. In Medicine,u can make inquiries if U in doubt.For U 2 b a doctor 4rm UNN must b extremely hot n must hv passed tru fire.Not in MADONNA which train quack Docs insufficiently training
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by DrTony1(m): 10:43pm On Nov 20, 2008
Madonna aint tough.Everytin is made easy n i dont like it u gat 2 be thoroughly exposed to various situations n tests.But UNN n most federal skools d competition is quite higha dan state n more higher than Private skools.It is survival of d fittest not in madonna everytin is made easy with poor educational standards but high moral standards.
Let me correct U all,d time UNN had a problem waz during d reign of PROF.MBANEFO as V.C of UNN,but now under d new V.C Prof. Venerable C.O Nebo everytin has bin restored n UNN bin strengthened.Even 4 Sports UNN being THE HOME OF A COMPLETE OF MAN currently has World Class Sporting Arena(currently under construction)at Nsukka costing a total of N8bn which no other University in Nigeria has.Pls join d GREAT LIONS n LIONESS in "RESTORING THE DIGNITY OF MAN".Tanks All Maddonaites.
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by bluegal(f): 2:07pm On Nov 24, 2008
hey u ever told u madonna uni. is aint tough is a joker.madonna is lyk everyother uni u read hard 2 pass well.mind u we don't buy our way durin our stay in skul 2 increase graduated illiterates insted d reverse because bribery is highly illegal,unlyk ur skul; i knw that u guys can bribe ur way through ur money l, ,  lecturers.about ur N8b project is an inflated budget 2 keep d change after d job.

1 Like

Re: Madonna University: The Truth by DrTony1(m): 10:19pm On Nov 25, 2008
Who eva told U UNN has bribery in it is a Big lie.Ask people if U can.UNN is d toughest skool Nigeria esp. in Pharmacy and Medicine&Surgery.U dont knw much personally abt UNN so why argue.Ive bin 2 madonna i knw tins r easy to get although there is minimum bribery
Bluegal let me ask U:Why doesnt Madonna conduct tough Post-UME like UNN.Why do Madonna dash any student proffessional courses so easy even when they dont have d facilities in place like In Medicine,no standard teaching hospital if at all madonna has.So why admit medical students wen U havnt bin fully accredited in many course especially in Medicine,But wen we talk of University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital there r standard hospital equipment which madonna cant afford in d next 50 years.Although UNTH is try to reach World Class.U r over dere jst making noise do u knw how tough UNN,even the Post UME and less bribery.Madonna is too Cheap 4 my liking.No quality,tough Post-UME everytin easy 2 get.Madonna shld try 2 get out of the DEPTH OF HADES.Tanks
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by bluegal(f): 9:54am On Nov 26, 2008
dr tony hv it ever been heard in d history of d world that if someone chooses he's career that d skul offers it another? its only done in Nigeria and in public uni like urs. A child or citizen is entitled 2 he's dreams career for d fututre and that is what Madonna uni offers so don't qoute us wrong because we are workin 2wads a greater Nig.
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by DrTony1(m): 8:55pm On Nov 26, 2008
Bluegal,
Is dat why madonna gives unqualified candidates admission to study course which they cannot cope in,promoting graduate Illiteracy all for the sake of money.I tink Madonna should be shut down by the N.U.C or FULLY CONVERTED INTO A SECONDARY SCHOOL.Becos Its way too low in educational standard and Facilities.Dats y I tank Amakonye 4 her post.The rate all these incapable private universities extort money is too much.
Anyway sha I pray God help the General Education System of our Country Nigeria becos its too poor generally,we very low in rankings,even in Africa.Its a big problem.
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 26, 2008
Madonna university??
that school is sick , i was among the pioneers in the school, first graduates from that school, i had other experience of public university where i got my diploma,
father edeh with him vamps recriuts,
if you have any person that want to go there , tell the person to run
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by DrTony1(m): 2:34pm On Nov 27, 2008
Tanks very much segan.Thank God a Madonna Pioneer is the one confessing the truth,cos I know U maddonaites cant accept the truth.Well whether U maddonaite accept it or not,The truth remains dat Madonna is Scrap n Useless,breeding Illiterate Graduate.I think Madonna should be shut down by N.U.C.The Glorified Secondary School is way too Below Standard.Madonna its just a Money Making Machine for Father Edeh.Well I dont blame him.I blame the N.U.C for approving dat Secondary School called Madonna.
Thats why at least I urge U disadvantaged Madonnaite to switch to U.N.N(THE DEN OF LIONS AND LIONESSES WHERE THE DIGNITY OF MAN IS RESTORED) and other Federal University to experience better education.
God help us all in this country.
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by DrTony1(m): 2:55pm On Nov 27, 2008
@Hotstepper,
Its a pity U couldnt pass jamb wel enough or couldnt pass U.N.N Tough Post U.M.E.Dats why U r so frustated with the skool dat U couldnt let ur cousin go there.Well dats d normal thing people do abt U.N.N.Please leave ur cousin to come to the GREAT U.N.N,THE HOME OF A COMPLETE MAN where she will face serious challenges and extreme competition with the best brains of NIgeria and graduate as an Epitome of Excellence both in Character and Academics.
@Hotstepper,May I remind U dat U.N.N is ONLY MEANT for the HOTTEST,SHARPEST AND BEST BRAINS not for people like you HOSTEPPER producing Illiterate Graduates in ur Secondary School Madonna.
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by Hotstepper(f): 4:56pm On Nov 27, 2008
@Dr. Tony,

who told u I eva took JAMB in the 1st place? before u start those ur insults on me, get ur sources right.

Ask those who have mingled and fortunate to school with me who I am.

UNN ko, UNN ni,
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by zinnie86(f): 8:50am On Nov 28, 2008
@ poster-
Get busy,
u are obviously a victim of expulsion in Madonna University, that is why u are taking the pains to post this crap on nairaland.
Yeah we went through harsh conditions and that dont kill us, it only made us stronger, That is why the bulk of us are doing great today, so who's laughing now?
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by DrTony1(m): 12:05pm On Nov 28, 2008
@Hotstepper,
I dont care if U have schooled in Nigeria or abroad.But why condemn U.N.N one of the good schools still existing in our Dilapidated Educational System.
@Zinnie I've never had any business with madonna.How can I stoop so low 2 got to dat Secondary School.I hav no much qualms wit madonna jst dat it should be closed down PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by Hotstepper(f): 2:13pm On Nov 28, 2008
Dr. Tony, u should learn to respect people's opinion than saying rubbish. I am voicing out my opinion and you should do that in a manner that displays atleast the LIONNESS in u (thats if u actually went dere).

I didnt ask you to care where I schooled, rather before u label me, get your sources correctly.

FINE, UNN IS DA BEST AND MADONNA IS NOT

and ma stand still remains, I would choose any private Uni. over federal or state whether da federal ones are da best or not.
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by bluegal(f): 4:52pm On Nov 28, 2008
@segan beyond reasonable doubt u never smelt d 4 walls of madonna coz no 1 headed person wld talk about his almamata dat way. @ zinnie i guess u knw d exact problems of d so called lions in deir zoo of a skul @ dr tony i dont knw y u are so much cocerned about every ones jamb maybe u paid ur way through jamb dats y u dont knw hw it taste coz if u do u wont b dis corcerned @ hotstepper and ma stand still remains, I would choose any private Uni. over federal or state whether da federal ones are da best or not. EXACTLY
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by DrTony1(m): 5:28pm On Nov 28, 2008
Well to state my Conclusion,I like d Moral Standards of Madonna to some extent.But Madonna Should upgraded even the Father Edeh shld change in his ways.He shld live by example.Hotstepper,sorry If I offended U but Tank God U know the truth n that is what I wantd,U all knw theres serious competition among the Best Brains of Naija over there at U.N.N. U can make inquiries UNN is very nice n Has a capable staff which Madonna cant get in 50 Years to come,tank God Segan A GRADUATE OF MADONNA CONFESSED THAT.GOD BLESS THE GREAT LIONS AND LIONESSES and the GREAT DEN.But HOSTEPPER I do respect ur opinion of Madonna as ur choice of Uni.
Bluegal,I never rigged my way into U.N.N God knows I laboured seriously Day n Night n seeked for his Divine help to see me through.I wish U d best bluegal in ur Madonna.God Bless Nigeria my Motherland n U all.
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by Hotstepper(f): 5:54pm On Nov 28, 2008
This is more like it Mr. tony. In summary/nutshell, I never doubted UNN's excellence when it comes to academics rather my point is that the standard is not as it used to be perhpahs when our parents, u and my elder sister was dere as other beta federal/states skools have emerged. Also, it shouldnt be compared to relatively new schools especially private school or to doubt that people opted for private school because of jambs. yes, sum did like sum paid bribe in federal schools but not all.

I would personally think twice of sending my kids to Federal sec. skools in Naija because the standard have failed unlike when i was dere. This is the point I am trying make as regards to UNN, lol

B/w, am not schooling in Nigeria, u would have figured that by now though, lol and if i was 2 school dere, I wouldnt attend either UNN or Madonna but definetly a private school sumwhere, lol
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by DrTony1(m): 6:17pm On Nov 28, 2008
@Hotstepper,
I understand U.Its true dat the Overall Standards of Nigeria Unis hv fallen over d years dat why we r no where in the World Rankings.It a big shame to our Country dat even smaller nations in Africa hav overtaken Nigeria Educationally.Our selfish Leaders shld do sumtin abt this.But Hostepper,amid all these tins Fed. unis r stil beta than d private unis cos their owners use it as a source of making money.Like dont U knw dat Madonna V.C is very arrogant.No sufficient lecturers in Madonna,most of them r part time lecturer,no facilities.Wel I pray tins change in Nigeria or SHIT HAPPENS.
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by Hotstepper(f): 7:19pm On Nov 28, 2008
okay oooo
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by bluegal(f): 2:03pm On Dec 12, 2008
were is everybody i mean dr tony,hotstepper and every1 else i mean its been a long tym.lol
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by DrTony1(m): 3:58pm On Dec 12, 2008
Bluegal,
I know U r missin us.So how r u doing,wit ur madonna,hope all is fine.Hope u ve seen one of d advantages of conflict.In the sense dat it encourages competition,growth n exchange of ideas but peace in dis thread makes it boring.So Bluegal Y dont U attack me inorder 2 rejuvinate d conflict n save dis thread 4rm being dry n dead.Wat do u tink
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by chyk91(m): 1:40am On Dec 13, 2008
@ poster, fact is shit happens everywhere, all schools have their faults even federal schools, but that does not take away the fact that madonna has to improve, i have heard rubbish about that school like they run unaccredited medicine and so, they just have to improve. but come o, wetin push you make you go madonna sef.
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by Specialist900(m): 8:40pm On Dec 13, 2008
The truth, like a pill difficult 2 swallow, easy 2 prescribe. it's been a nice debate, @dr. Tony u hav bin prescribing like a doctor so so easy cos its d truth. but with litle exaggeration. @ bluegal how much proof do u need b4 u accept this truth. U have bin playing ur part well cos wherever one finds him/herself is worth defending. Use logic 2 accept the truth, u may choose not voice it out, we'll undastand.
Re: Madonna University: The Truth by berildan(m): 7:28pm On Dec 14, 2008
Well, i don't really know much about Madonna but as for covenant("convenant"?), its rated as one of the first 15 in Nigeria and the whole of Africa.Rendered lectures, Facilities and equipments used in covenant are just what any serious minded person needs to stand shoulder to shoulder with foreign counterparts.All this talk about restrictions and other slanders need not arise.covenant is meant for serious minded people.Even this talk about people with inadequate requirements is not necessary,as long as you want to read whether you've got a 170 or 350 in JAMB or 9A1s or 6D's in WAEC or NECO, if money and discipline is what is required for you to come out tops,what else are you looking for from a university?The same covenant that is so slandered,produced a student who a perfect score of 1600/1600 in GRE exams.How many universities in Nigeria can deliver such quality teaching and tutorship to a student to get such a mark? angry undecided cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football / Kegite Group Should Be Banned In Universities After Uniben Student Was Killed / Result Controversy: ‘It’s Unfair, Not My Fault’, Mmesoma Says On JAMB 3-Year Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.