Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,252 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? (9094 Views)

Is Abortion Right In This Instance? / A Medical Doctor Verifys And Confirms 10 Cases Of Faith Healing / Is Abortion Okay In Protestant Churches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? by Image123(m): 3:33am On Jan 03, 2014
davidylan:

Do ectopic pregnancies count?

Oh wise one, are you for abortion or against?
Re: Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? by Nobody: 4:51am On Jan 03, 2014
Image123:

Oh wise one, are you for abortion or against?

Neither, oh all knowing one. To each his own. If you've ever had a relative choose between abortion and certain death, i'm sure many here would not be so wedded to a dogmatic point of view. Ectopic pregnancies will kill if not aborted. Pray your wife or sister doesnt get one.

2 Likes

Re: Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? by Nobody: 7:00am On Jan 03, 2014
davidylan:
Ectopic pregnancies will kill if not aborted. Pray your wife or sister doesn't get one.
A very rare occurrence really.God is not unjust.May God give us understanding so we won't go contrary to His will and WORD.Amen.
Re: Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? by Nobody: 7:11am On Jan 03, 2014
Bidam: A very rare occurrence really.God is not unjust.May God give us understanding so we won't go contrary to His will and WORD.Amen.

It may be rare to you but it is very real to those who have had to deal with it or to those who have had family deal with the perilous danger of having a growing baby kill you and/or eliminate your chances of ever having more children in future. I have noticed that the most vociferous anti-abortionists are men... luckily they never have to live through the real dangers of pregnancy and child birth.
Glioblastomas are rare too... it doesnt mean we should pretend it doesnt exist.

3 Likes

Re: Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:35am On Jan 03, 2014
POPE II: yes, they belong to God not to me

ok so what?

God didnt decree whatever you said.
Re: Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:35am On Jan 03, 2014
Joshthefirst: you know its a lie. Stop bringing bias into your conclusions.

I know its a lie? Have you lost it

So now you are speaking on behalf of me?

stop imposing your thinking on me!
Re: Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:56am On Jan 03, 2014
Joshthefirst:

@ Pagan : Lol. You rationalize cold-blooded murder by claiming a developing child in the womb is not human. Chei. We're talking of human life here, not chicken life. How can you compare a baby with a chicken for pete's sake?

I will never cordone abortion.

But I will never force a woman to keep a child either. I believe in this case, it is the woman's choice to murder just as much as it is my choice to refuse to steal. I will advice her not to waste a child for its fathers crimes, or to shamelessly call the child sub-human to justify killing it.

Abortion is always wrong, but in this case, it is the womans choice

In this case I say, which is not general and very rare normally.

Over 53 million babies have been killed in the States alone, not all of them were offspring of rape, or inbreeding, or a risk to their mother's health, only a minority of them were.(Even less than a minority)

Most of them were killed for selfish reasons.

Why would it be a woman's choice since it's not her body that is being terminated?

Happy New Year! my fellow soldier in Christ. wink

Re: Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:57am On Jan 03, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Why would it be a woman's choice since it's not her body that is being terminated?

it is her body that is suffering the pains for 9 months! angry
Re: Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:08pm On Jan 03, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

L@@K at this brainwasher! Typical xtian! angry

you think your cartoon of that cute baby in the womb will melt our hearts into accepting your evil views

See how sly you are.

Babies dont even have proper hair in the womb. Their eyes are not even open. They are a blood-streaked ugly mess inside there.

See how you paint the baby like a cute , beautiful being in order to gain sympathy.

This is not the way to get a point across!

stop playing with peoples emotions! angry

So you know that your heart is hardened that you don't want the pictures melt? Here is another one to get my point across. cool

Re: Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:12pm On Jan 03, 2014
heykims:

Mr fanatic, better stop talking nonsense nd go seek knowledge abt what u don't know. Caesarian in less dn 28wks pregnancy in Nigeria is as good as performing abortion. The hallmark is bring out d baby not caring if it will survive or not if d life of d mother is in danger. In such cases, abortion is highly welcome.

With the bolded above, can you guess who else they tagged as fanatics and why? undecided

Re: Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:13pm On Jan 03, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

So you know that your heart is hardened that you don't want the pictures melt? Here is another one to get my point across. cool

That pic doesnt make any sense.

We are discussing about abortion in dire situations such as the life-death of a mother or r.ape, etc. not for genetic engineering or for beauty. that would be wrong.

[img]http://newstoriesoldbook.files./2013/10/jesus.gif[/img]
Re: Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:15pm On Jan 03, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Can you guess who else they tagged as fanatics and why? undecided

those who propagated slavery were christians.

1 Like

Re: Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:17pm On Jan 03, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

it is her body that is suffering the pains for 9 months! angry

When you are talking about pains you seek health care and health care is not killing another human being.

Re: Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:21pm On Jan 03, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

When you are talking about pains you seek health care and health care is not killing another human being.

health care for pregnancy, spasms, etc undecided

you are ma.d joor.

and she has to carry that heavy weight everywhere and face discrimination and criticism in that she is carrying her r.apists child.

you are nuts!
Re: Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? by POPEII: 12:21pm On Jan 03, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Prefect meme . cool
Re: Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? by POPEII: 12:22pm On Jan 03, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

ok so what?

God didnt decree whatever you said.
you can't understand, you stone worshipper
Re: Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:24pm On Jan 03, 2014
POPE II: you can't understand, you stone worshipper

you cant reason, man worshipper.
Re: Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:25pm On Jan 03, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

All human life is valuable. The unborn baby's life is precious - and so is the mother's. There are certainly a precious few occasions when, tragically, there is a choice between the life of the baby and the life of the mother. It may be necessary, under these extreme conditions, to consider saving the life of the mother or the child. These tragic situations arise because we live in a fallen world.

One example of the above would be an ectopic pregnancy, where the unborn baby has started to develop in the fallopian tube, rather than in the uterus. It may not be possible to move the baby, and the baby would, in any case, die in such circumstances, as would the mother. Sadly, it may be necessary for the baby to be removed surgically, which will result in his death. With this situation though, it is a matter of trying to save a life or two, as opposed to forcing death on the unborn baby.

There are some other cases that can be more complicated. When there is a tragic choice between saving either the baby or the mother, but it is impossible to do both, then individual families will need, prayerfully, to come to their own decisions on this matter, and no one would be able to criticise their painful decision. It is unfortunate that such cases are very rare, they are only about 0.004% of all cases involve the possible death of the mother. - Dr. Michael Jarmulowicz, cited in "The Physical and Psycho-Social effects of Abortion on Women"

And to say that the so called Nigerian Doctors are supposed to abide by the oaths they made. undecided

"I will dispense no lethal drug If I am asked, nor will I advise to do such; And similarly I will give no woman a pessary to cause an abortion. In purity and by divine law I will carry out my life and my art." -- HIPPOCRATES: The father of modern medicine (460 BC - c. 370 BC).

This is good ethics to be practised by our medical practitioners.
Re: Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:27pm On Jan 03, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

This is good ethics to be practised by our medical practitioners.

you are praising yourself. *smh
Re: Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:29pm On Jan 03, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

health care for pregnancy, spasms, etc undecided

you are ma.d joor.

and she has to carry that heavy weight everywhere and face discrimination and criticism in that she is carrying her r.apists child.

you are nuts!

Yes. Pregnancy is not a disease and does not require healing.

Re: Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:32pm On Jan 03, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Yes. Pregnancy is not a disease and does not require healing.

pregnancy for a child that you didnt want? that is senseless pain.

so Olaadegbu, if tomorrow (Gods forbid) someone r.apes your wife and she is pregnant, you will accept the child?
Re: Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:41pm On Jan 03, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

pregnancy for a child that you didnt want? that is senseless pain.

so Olaadegbu, if tomorrow (Gods forbid) someone r.apes your wife and she is pregnant, you will accept the child?

If that happens to your wife must you kill it, why not give it up for adoption?

Re: Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:52pm On Jan 03, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

If that happens to your wife must you kill it, why not give it up for adoption?

I asked you the question first. Please answer it.

I repeat, if tomorrow (Gods forbid) someone r.apes your wife and she is pregnant, you will accept the child?

how would you act?

EXPLAIN.
Re: Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:01pm On Jan 03, 2014
POPE II:

Prefect meme . cool

Happy New Year 2014!
Re: Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 03, 2014
davidylan:

Neither, oh all knowing one. To each his own. If you've ever had a relative choose between abortion and certain death, i'm sure many here would not be so wedded to a dogmatic point of view. Ectopic pregnancies will kill if not aborted. Pray your wife or sister doesnt get one.

WRONG!!!

In cases of Ectopic pregnancies, abortion is WRONG!!!
Re: Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? by Image123(m): 1:30pm On Jan 03, 2014
davidylan:

i am a man like you oh wise one. Worship God. If you ever had to choose between sin and death, which would you choose?

BTW, i read that ectopic pregnancy is not certain death. i saw it on wiki, doc. Join me in prayers, would you?
Re: Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:31pm On Jan 03, 2014
striktlymi:

WRONG!!!

In cases of Ectopic pregnancies, abortion is WRONG!!!

WOW MADNESS!

OMGS!
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:32pm On Jan 03, 2014
Image123:

i am a man like you oh wise one. Worship God. If you ever had to choose between sin and death, which would you choose?

BTW, i read that ectopic pregnancy is not certain death. i saw it on wiki, doc. Join me in prayers, would you?

They are dangerous for the mother, since internal haemorrhage is a life-threatening complication. Most ectopic pregnancies occur in the Fallopian tube (so-called tubal pregnancies), but implantation can also occur in the cervix, ovaries, and abdomen. An ectopic pregnancy is a potential medical emergency, and, if not treated properly, can lead to death.

go read again! The only treatment is abortion. angry
Re: Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 03, 2014
davidylan:

It may be rare to you but it is very real to those who have had to deal with it or to those who have had family deal with the perilous danger of having a growing baby kill you and/or eliminate your chances of ever having more children in future. I have noticed that the most vociferous anti-abortionists are men... luckily they never have to live through the real dangers of pregnancy and child birth.
Glioblastomas are rare too... it doesnt mean we should pretend it doesnt exist.

Now this is a case of aportioning blame on the Child. Another WRONG!!!

1 Like

Re: Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 03, 2014
Ectopic pregnancies MAY lead to death if the CAUSE of the PROBLEM is not addressed.

Key words:

MAY;

Ectopic pregnancies do not necessarily lead to death, thus it is not a must for one to die because of that.

CAUSE;

Ectopic pregnancies are basically caused by a faulty fallopian tube, or both, and NOT the child; hence the Child is not responsible for it.

PROBLEM;

Many make the terrible mistake of thinking that the child is the problem when it comes to Ectopic pregnancies, hence their rationalisation for abortion.
This is very wrong!!!

Aborting a Child due to ectopic pregnancy basically implies that the Child is taking as the cause of the lady's problem or like David puts it: 'the Child is killing the lady', hence the brutal attack on the child is sanctioned.

An attack on a defenceless child is by no means the way to go, when it comes to such situations. The only logical step to solving the 'problem' is as follows:

1) Identify the problem.
2) Recognize what is at stake.
3) Try to save the situation.
4) Hope for the best.

In more details...
Re: Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? by Joshthefirst(m): 1:57pm On Jan 03, 2014
Abortion is always wrong, but we cannot force someone to stop. We can only discourage and advise.
Re: Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jan 03, 2014
Joshthefirst: Abortion is always wrong, but we cannot force someone to stop. We can only discourage and advise.

How does this sound:

Murder is always wrong, but we cannot force someone to stop. We can only discourage and advise.

On first glance, I am sure you would see it s very ridiculous because in truth, that is what it is: VERY RIDICULOUS!!!. The comment you made can be likened to the ridiculous modification I carved out.

When it comes to depriving another of life wrongfully, some element of force MUST come in. You do not just discourage murder by handing a bible to a potential murderer. NO!!! That is not correct!

We should understand the need for laws and the execution of same. There is no law enforcement without force. Take away the "force" in enforcement and what do you have? Probably what is tagged 'a toothless bulldog'.

The debate on abortion is not just personal to an individual. Its quite different from a debate on fornication where you 'advise' and not 'force'. It is not about advising someone to worship God or not. It is about safeguarding the right to life of a human being.

That is similar to the ish of slavery. We just can't advise people not to have 'slaves'. We force them not to. That is one of the essence of law making. Force in this case is VERY NECESSARY!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The Hijab Can Decieve You... / Revival Tonic Daily Devotional : Anointing Versus Skills / Does God Exist? [let's Switch Sides]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.