Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,504 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 (30760 Views)

Umahi: I'm Not The Worst Performing Governor In Nigeria / The Best And The Worst Performing Governor In S/west / Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by ulonnaya21: 11:42am On Dec 27, 2013
Gov T.A Orji of Abia state is the best performing governor for 2013
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by asha80(m): 11:44am On Dec 27, 2013
ulonnaya21: Gov T.A Orji of Abia state is the best performing governor for 2013
usu ocha ra gbuo kwa gi.
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by zeennurei(m): 11:44am On Dec 27, 2013
wogor@paradise:
i hv knw kwankwaso from his first tenure in kano state, y ar all these news coming out now?

Go and confirm it by yourself, you will noticed out that he has performed morethan that
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by emsheddy(m): 12:01pm On Dec 27, 2013
Uduaghan, see as u dey disgrace us? Na better thunder go fire u.

1 Like

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Ememinyang2(f): 1:56pm On Dec 27, 2013
No other governor can be compared with Godswill Akpabio,the governor of AKWA ABASI IBOM STATE, fulstop
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Holarz(m): 3:13pm On Dec 27, 2013
Na Mr Rauf Adesoji Aregbesola the award fit pass

1 Like

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by SEGAD: 3:21pm On Dec 27, 2013
duni04: SW governors=70% propaganda 30% work
SE governors= Little propaganda, little work
SS governors = Plenty money, plenty propaganda, little work
Middle belt governors = No propaganda, no work
Northern governors = Blind looting, plenty propaganda, No work
In summary no governor in this country deserves any kind of award

Very correct. I think Enugu governor deserve the award(Personal opinion)
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Mightymanna(m): 3:31pm On Dec 27, 2013
Oh my God where is kanawa people?please do justice to this man rabiu musa kwankwaso becouse he is indeed the best governor.if you have any objection please go and see the massive transformation of the state

1 Like

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Caseless: 3:36pm On Dec 27, 2013
phillippiano: Pictures or it didn't happen
senselessness!
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by toyinjimoh(m): 4:36pm On Dec 27, 2013
Governor kwankwaso,fashola and okorocha
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by kingsleyMbang(m): 5:56pm On Dec 27, 2013
Victoriousvic: Chief Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom state.
Lets giv it 2 Akwa Ibom State Governor or Kano state Governor.
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by kingsleyMbang(m): 5:57pm On Dec 27, 2013
Victoriousvic: Chief Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom state.
Lets giv it 2 Akwa Ibom State Governor or Kano state Governor 4 their land-mark achievements.
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by zetel95(m): 6:24pm On Dec 27, 2013
padeolu: All South-West Governors
All APC Governor

1 Like

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by eaglechild: 6:35pm On Dec 27, 2013
angry angry
Stewpid thread dignifying thieving politicians who should be rotting in jail.
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Justice2day4u(m): 7:48pm On Dec 27, 2013
Gov. Rochas Okorocha deserves the award because of his land mark achievements in this few years...

1 Like

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Borlahr(m): 9:53pm On Dec 27, 2013
Goes to d Governor that set d pace for others to follow, d man with team of innovative, dynamic & strategic people steering d Economic Capital of d most populous black Nation for better & global rating. D man that made us know & c d rudiments of governance, how possible & viable a capital project could be as simple & easily visible to reality. BRF (Babatunde Raji Fashola) BRF (Brighter Rewarding Future) of Lagos State. Eko Oni Baje oo

1 Like

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by networkrecharg: 10:38pm On Dec 27, 2013
Abia is a waste to nigeria. Imagine the most dirty area in nigeria is Abia.
Thief A orji old gullible sychopatic retiree. Oldest Gov. In Nigeria, who gives his snuff son to our money to lavish in cultism.

God is watching.

Please AMAECHI wins the AWARD. Come see roads, schools, healht centres, these are evident in all the communitees live. Rivers Governor WINNER.
If an currect, like this...

Ngwakwe: Can you compare community healthcare system in Abia State to that of any State in Nigeria?

The State with the lowest unemployment rate in Nigeria where its remotest parts have something to export (goods and services) to either Cameroon, Ghana, Togo, Benin Republic or Congo DR.

What do you know about Abia State?

Tell me about Aba City

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by networkrecharg: 10:49pm On Dec 27, 2013
Gov AmAECHI WINs All the Way.

Abel202: The best Governor of 2013 and any time is Governor Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom state.

The worst and most ridiculous governor in Nigeria in 2013 and since 2007 is T.A.Orji of Abia state.

While it is true that Aba and Abia has the potential of becoming a great economic hub of Nigeria and West Africa, T.A.Orji like his predecesor OUK has messed up the whole place. This man is a disaster and calamity to Abia state.

Those few people here trying to sing for T.A.Orji, I have only one prayer for them - May their households be treated by the Almighty the way T.A.Orji has treated Aba and Abia. If they believe in what they are posting here, let them say AMEN to this my prayer.

1 Like

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by dammyeve: 11:41pm On Dec 27, 2013
Ngwakwe: Can you compare community healthcare system in Abia State to that of any State in Nigeria?

The State with the lowest unemployment rate in Nigeria where its remotest parts have something to export (goods and services) to either Cameroon, Ghana, Togo, Benin Republic or Congo DR.

What do you know about Abia State?

Tell me about Aba City

we need facts here not thought, Osun state has d lowest rate of unemployment which is 3 percent
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by JumaiM(f): 2:16am On Dec 28, 2013
Nafeesa AA: Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso

** Construction of three new flyovers, and the longest flyover in west Africa.

*** Construction of two Hydro electricity project at Challawa dam

** Look at the removal of ‘achaba’ (commercial motorcycle); people never thought it would be possible, but it is history now.

** Kano state government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding, MOU, with a Chinese firm, CCECC, for the construction of a modern intra city railway system in Kano city.

** Northwest University. He has used the Ado Bayero House, which was abandoned for many years, as a temporary site for the university. It has taken off while the permanent site is under construction,

**1,000 post-secondary school leavers with nine credits are sponsored for their first degree in various specialized courses and first-class graduates for their master’s degree programme. Another 500 sent to Igbenidion university for degree programme in Medicine, nursery, pharmacy etc This is unprecedented in the history of Kano.

** Governor Rabi’u Musa Kwankwaso of Kano state has commissioned 26 magistrate courts constructed and furnished by his administration at the cost of millions of Naira and laid the foundation stone for the construction of 27 Shari’a courts across the
state.

** Gov. Rabi'u Musa Kwankwaso of Kano state received the 2012 Zik Prize for Good Governance Award from Chief Sonnie Odogwu supported by the former Chairman of Interim National Government, Chief Ernest Shonekan,

** Kano state government has spent over N250 million on the establishment of Kano Corporate Security Institute, as part of its effort to create job opportunities among the teeming unemployed youth and enhance security of lives and property in the state.

*** Apart from the recent free education at all levels he has re-introduced mass education at every local government. There is a centre where he has recruited people to teach basic education to housewives and traders, so that everyone can at least have basic education and be able to read and write. He has also brought a new concept of establishing crafts schools in every local government so that dropouts from secondary schools can go to the crafts school and learn a trade.

** If you go to Kano the streetlights are all functioning, the pavements and roads are working, rehabilitation of culverts and drainages is ongoing. In the night you feel like you are in Dubai. There is also general road infrastructure uplift; all the roads leading to Kano are being expanded with street lights and drainages.

** Construction of 3 new cities, Amana City, Kwankwasiya City and another one along Dambatta Road - all equipped with modern infrastructure that will decongest Kano. This is a laudable project.

** On the issue of youth employment, There is school of fishery, sports, ITC, entrepreneurship, poultry and all different trades where students will be trained and be given empowerment.

** Kwankwaso also received two prestigious awards by American Black Mayors at the at the 39th National Annual Conference of a Black Mayors for his "commitment to uplifting the well being of the citizenry as well as his transparency, prudence and accountability of public resources" in Atlanta, Georgia

Mind You all these and many mire in just 2 yrs
Wow! I'm proud of my state. Its bn long i travel home, need to go and see things myself by next year. Kano Tunbi Giwa, kodai mai kazo an fi ka. kanawa Dabo. Av really misd ma peeps. #HOME SICK#
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Sagamite(m): 7:35am On Dec 28, 2013
abubaka101: You guys are just calling names.. But I feel there should be some criteria to be crosschecked. For instance, budget performance, Internally Generated Revenue, state devt, human development indices, economic ventures they took part in, etc....
So if calling just names is wat u want to use, then am afraid you won't move past the political propaganda, tribal sentiments, and regional bias that we Nigerians, and invariably Nairalanders, end up having in discussions like this...

Your head correct well well.
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by tobechigeorge: 8:17am On Dec 28, 2013
gov.jonah jang of plateau state
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by eluquenson(m): 8:57am On Dec 28, 2013
With all your opinion & your measurement of performance I think its deem fit for the best Governor to emerge from these two states governor Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola of Osun state & Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso of Kano state.
We shouldn't have have any name aside this if our so called dailies & televison stations want to announce the best governor of the year 2013, it should rather come from this two names or we call it biased so to say.
Thank you all for your contributions
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by louissobis(m): 9:14am On Dec 28, 2013
peter Obum is just my man lipsrsealed
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by lummyD: 10:34am On Dec 28, 2013
duni04: SW governors=70% propaganda 30% work
SE governors= Little propaganda, little work
SS governors = Plenty money, plenty propaganda, little work
Middle belt governors = No propaganda, no work
Northern governors = Blind looting, plenty propaganda, No work
In summary no governor in this country deserves any kind of award

I cant but to laff @ ur comment. Very hillarious.... but in all fairness even given ur own analysis, the SW edged out the other regions. More can still be done.
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by ustadhameed: 11:37am On Dec 28, 2013
I think my governor is still working S.I.A of ogun state.may God be with him.
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Sagamite(m): 12:02pm On Dec 28, 2013
ustadhameed: I think my governor is still working S.I.A of ogun state.may God be with him.

What has he done?
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Theben(m): 12:11pm On Dec 28, 2013
Sagamite:

What has he done?
He built overhead bridges in abeokuta, sagamu and ijebu ode. grin grin

Patched some roads in sango ota, abeokuta and ijebu.

Demolished some buildings without compensating the owners.

Bought tokunbo cars and painted them at oke mosan, only to commission them as new ones and distributed to taxi drivers.

Claim to have brought investors into ogun state.

Bros, the guy really tried. I hope he becomes the president.
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Sagamite(m): 3:11pm On Dec 28, 2013
Theben:
He built overhead bridges in abeokuta, sagamu and ijebu ode. grin grin

Patched some roads in sango ota, abeokuta and ijebu.

Demolished some buildings without compensating the owners.

Bought tokunbo cars and painted them at oke mosan, only to commission them as new ones and distributed to taxi drivers.

Claim to have brought investors into ogun state.

Bros, the guy really tried. I hope he becomes the president.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Sagamu now has overhead bridges? shocked

This guy is the GREATEST EVER! grin

To hell with any other leaders in Nigeria.
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by wetdspace(m): 3:31pm On Dec 28, 2013
Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola is the man!
Out of all the states, he received the lowest allocation from FG, and he did the best jobs.
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by yomide: 4:10pm On Dec 28, 2013
I'm a student in the south south, I want those based in Lagos to honestly answer this question, as much as Fashola is doing well let's be honest with our selves. If he hasn't demolished ur father's house or u have not been asked to pay for tv, radio or land use bill among others. Wld u scream out say Lagosians are struggling to live averagely. Just saying ' I know without pain, there's no gain.
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by 9inches(m): 9:07am On Dec 30, 2013
Peter Obi

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ese-Odo Ondo Secretariat Sealed With Juju Over Secretary Appointment(pics / LP: We Regret Making Peter Obi Our Presidential Candidate – Apapa-faction / Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.