Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 (30756 Views)

Umahi: I'm Not The Worst Performing Governor In Nigeria / The Best And The Worst Performing Governor In S/west / Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by stevenelson: 4:41pm On Dec 26, 2013
no need of dis questions .Imo state governor is d best.rochas okorocha (owele ndi igbo).

1 Like

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 26, 2013
asha 80: this is how threads are deviated...the question is which governor NOT party is seen as best...even some of names being mentioned here were pdp some months ago so why your comment?must we bring in party issues to every thread now? Haba!
why hide their party? APC governors are working and they can't be same as pdp. Whenever Rochas or someone else does personal wrongs, you are quick to tag the APC.
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Orikinla(m): 4:46pm On Dec 26, 2013
[size=18pt]What is plaguing Nigeria is not CORRUPTION, but IGNORANCE of the masses.
[/size]

The governor of the State of Osun has provided more jobs for his people than other governors in Nigeria.
He is miles ahead in educational development and agriculture.
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 26, 2013
Orikinla: [size=18pt]What is plaguing Nigeria is not CORRUPTION, but IGNORANCE of the masses.
[/size]

The governor of the State of Osun has provided more jobs for his people than other governors in Nigeria.
He is miles ahead in educational development and agriculture.

ANOTHER PROOF THAT APC IS NOT PDP.
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by excellencyabia1: 4:49pm On Dec 26, 2013
Ngwakwe: T. A. Orji

For doing enough without borrowing a dime.
who are you, where are you from. watch well

1 Like

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Evestar200(f): 4:49pm On Dec 26, 2013
stainless655: Delta state governor is d worse governor 4rm 2007- tildate
Thank you for Sayin the Truth,,,A governor that did ntn in his first tenure without doin ntn,,he started awarding contract in 2013 bcuz he knw he is goin to be question when he leave office

1 Like

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by johnjunior39(m): 4:51pm On Dec 26, 2013
Ngwakwe: T. A. Orji

For doing enough without borrowing a dime.

E.g are u just saying cos u want to write?
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by asha80(m): 4:52pm On Dec 26, 2013
Obiagelli:
why hide their party? APC governors are working and they can't be same as pdp. Whenever Rochas or someone else does personal wrongs, you are quick to tag the APC.
please quote me where i said anything bad about rochas because he is apc?....by the way if this thread was opened three months ago were will u place kwankwaso?let us forget about parties for once for christsakes.
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by IamDebola: 4:53pm On Dec 26, 2013

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 26, 2013
Cuche: For me
Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, his drive on education shows thoughtfulness.
Particularly, sending Kano people (including non-indigenes) overseas for study in Science and Technology.
At the cost of Billions of naira per annum considering the number of persons involved.

India and China did such at a point in their history. Now it is paying

true talk and you left out infrastructural development
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Ngwakwe: 4:57pm On Dec 26, 2013
Please, can you allow me the freedom to comment without intimidation and harassment.

How many of you have been to Abia North, Abia Central and Abia South minus Aba metropolis?

T. A. Orji deserve 2013 best Governor Award for provision and sustenance of best healthcare system in Nigeria that have reduce maternal death to the lowest in Nigeria plus other giant strides notwithstanding poor revenue and the absence of supplementary loans.

Obiagelli:
Stop this TA orji nonsense. You are sounding ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 26, 2013
asha 80: please quote me where i said anything bad about rochas because he is apc?....by the way if this thread was opened three months ago were will u place kwankwaso?let us forget about parties for once for christsakes.
I am still an big supporter of sule Lamido who is in the pdp, no state in Nigeria has seen as much development as jigawa.
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 26, 2013
Ngwakwe: Please, can you allow me the freedom to comment without intimidation and harassment.

oh pls go ahead.
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by nationwide1(m): 5:00pm On Dec 26, 2013
Nafeesa AA: Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso

** Construction of three new flyovers, and the longest flyover in west Africa.

*** Construction of two Hydro electricity project at Challawa dam

** Look at the removal of ‘achaba’ (commercial motorcycle); people never thought it would be possible, but it is history now.

** Kano state government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding, MOU, with a Chinese firm, CCECC, for the construction of a modern intra city railway system in Kano city.

** Northwest University. He has used the Ado Bayero House, which was abandoned for many years, as a temporary site for the university. It has taken off while the permanent site is under construction,

**1,000 post-secondary school leavers with nine credits are sponsored for their first degree in various specialized courses and first-class graduates for their master’s degree programme. Another 500 sent to Igbenidion university for degree programme in Medicine, nursery, pharmacy etc This is unprecedented in the history of Kano.

** Governor Rabi’u Musa Kwankwaso of Kano state has commissioned 26 magistrate courts constructed and furnished by his administration at the cost of millions of Naira and laid the foundation stone for the construction of 27 Shari’a courts across the
state.

** Gov. Rabi'u Musa Kwankwaso of Kano state received the 2012 Zik Prize for Good Governance Award from Chief Sonnie Odogwu supported by the former Chairman of Interim National Government, Chief Ernest Shonekan,

** Kano state government has spent over N250 million on the establishment of Kano Corporate Security Institute, as part of its effort to create job opportunities among the teeming unemployed youth and enhance security of lives and property in the state.

*** Apart from the recent free education at all levels he has re-introduced mass education at every local government. There is a centre where he has recruited people to teach basic education to housewives and traders, so that everyone can at least have basic education and be able to read and write. He has also brought a new concept of establishing crafts schools in every local government so that dropouts from secondary schools can go to the crafts school and learn a trade.

** If you go to Kano the streetlights are all functioning, the pavements and roads are working, rehabilitation of culverts and drainages is ongoing. In the night you feel like you are in Dubai. There is also general road infrastructure uplift; all the roads leading to Kano are being expanded with street lights and drainages.

** Construction of 3 new cities, Amana City, Kwankwasiya City and another one along Dambatta Road - all equipped with modern infrastructure that will decongest Kano. This is a laudable project.

** On the issue of youth employment, There is school of fishery, sports, ITC, entrepreneurship, poultry and all different trades where students will be trained and be given empowerment.

** Kwankwaso also received two prestigious awards by American Black Mayors at the at the 39th National Annual Conference of a Black Mayors for his "commitment to uplifting the well being of the citizenry as well as his transparency, prudence and accountability of public resources" in Atlanta, Georgia

Mind You all these and many mire in just 2 yrs
Kwankwaso is nominated on NL because he joined APC. It is sad! To the topic, if you know allocations of these states and what they show on ground as achievements, you will agree that none of them deserve any award.
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by johnjunior39(m): 5:00pm On Dec 26, 2013
Ngwakwe: Arrange a loan deal for T. A. Orji to the tune of $1Billion and see what the State will look like in the next three months.

The fact that he's not borrowing is a great plus to the State for now.

pls dnt ever mention dat name t.a orji here.arrange loan for him(abia is visionless and decayin under him).which water are u talkin aby self.pple will sink borehole witout the help of government and the will tax??
what his adminisration know how to do is imposin unnecessary tax on dyin citizens.
imagine a state were a child of 8yrs will throw a dirt away wrongly and u will arrest the mother when she was not even there
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by rockafela(m): 5:02pm On Dec 26, 2013
[size=29pt]NONE[/size]

[size=18pt]SPEAKING ON WORSE YES THEN WE HAVE THE WORSE EVER GOVERNOR FROM DELTA STATE...I BELIEVE THAT GUY HAS SOME PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH CHANNELS TV
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by cashkid18(m): 5:03pm On Dec 26, 2013
this is my list
SE-Chime

Sw:fashola

SS:Akpabio

NE:yuguda

NW:kwankwosa

NC:jang
click like if u support it cool cool

5 Likes

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Amack(m): 5:03pm On Dec 26, 2013
Broken TV: governor Peter Obi for transforming Anambra state
sharrrrrrrrrrrrap
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Tobetoe(m): 5:03pm On Dec 26, 2013
I dont really have a best governor in mind now,all have been trying especially those of lagos,abia,imo,kano,ogun,edo,and rivers states ' ..but God will surely punish anyone dat will mention Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta state,d guy is just enriching his family, imagine d work he is doing in Asaba as at now,(cementing shallow gutters,when dia ar still debris in them)

1 Like

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by sayyid(m): 5:05pm On Dec 26, 2013
smileyAbdulfatahi Ahmed of kwara state
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 5:07pm On Dec 26, 2013
And the best governor is..............hold on a minute...........gather all the past and present politicians at the national stadium and give them all JERRY RAWLINGS treatment.

Paid PDP and APC Idiotas & bastardos everywhere disturbing my Christmas fun.

1 Like

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Salym(m): 5:10pm On Dec 26, 2013
Ikengawo:

stop being so gullible.

ticket to Canada is 2000 USD
if he sends 200 children to canada, that's 400,000 USD.
with 400,000 he could have built whatever it is in canada that those kids are going to see right there an Kano, and train up to 2000 students a year with a 'canadian' education in Kano year after year while playing canadian teachers if he wanted to to stay there and teach

im not counting what they will pay for living for these students in canada (over 38,000 USD a year which is average in canada x 200 students)

African leaders like to throw this garbage at us and confuse us into thinking they know what they're doing with these unsustainable gimmicks

free laptops
painted schools
tickets and board in foreign countries

this is not education, these are not ideas or structural changes, these are not policies and more importantly they're not sustainable. They're gimmicks meant to deceive the people. Those kids you're sending to Canada will go to Canada and met hundreds of people from Kano that got the same education there but won't bother coming back because there's no work in their state and their skills won't be appreciated in Nigeria, and Kano's barbaric culture[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]. Was it not a week ago that Okonjo Iweala was shouted at by an illiterate because she was sick when trying to propose a budget?

what about the women that go and get this free education? will they not be rendered are useless baby machines by their husbands in a sharia state? Stop these gimmicks. I even think it's trash when Rochas did his own free education gimmick in Imo state. The cost of school isn't a problem for anyone it's the quality.

I was enjoying and liking your post until I reached a point where you talked about Kano's barbaric culture. Imagine a person from a culture where kidnapping, cannibalism, ritual killings, drug trafficking, armed robbery, immorality and indecency, making money at all cost are the order of the day posting such trash.

2 Likes

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by grandstar(m): 5:10pm On Dec 26, 2013
HoldenCaulfield: just look at this moro.nic foo.l. the trouble with you igbos is most of you are... must you criticize my able governor, if you can't appriciate just learn to envy in your heart. banza jaki.
MUST U ABUSE HIM? SMH
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by ezeonline2(m): 5:11pm On Dec 26, 2013
Palteau state governor. Baba Jang

1 Like

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Ngwakwe: 5:16pm On Dec 26, 2013
How many of you have been to Abia North, Abia Central and Abia South minus Aba metropolis?

T. A. Orji deserve 2013 best Governor Award for provision and sustenance of the best healthcare system in Nigeria that have reduce maternal death to the lowest in Nigeria plus other giant strides notwithstanding poor revenue and the absence of supplementary loans.

1 Like

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Jenkizo: 5:16pm On Dec 26, 2013
Truth be told, the worst performing Governors should goes to the South East because out of the 5states in the Region, its only Enugu and Imo that has airport. Most especially Abia being an oil producing state with enough IGR and small workforce withness the worst governance in Nigeria since 1999. Anambra under Obi has done poorly with IGR from Onitsha and Nnewi. Obi is just a propagandist. Only Suilivan Chimeand Okorocha stands out in the East. That being said, I give it to Fashola and the whole South west Governors including Mimiko. Also, the likes of Kwankwaso, Sule Lamido and Wamako should be on the list of best performing Governors. Finally, Middle Belt is not also lucky with Leaders this days and Middle Beltern Governors behave like their Eastern counterparts. T.A Orji and Gabriel Suswa should carry the crown of worst Governors in the history of the Country

2 Likes

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by mbulela: 5:19pm On Dec 26, 2013
Ngwakwe: Please, can you allow me the freedom to comment without intimidation and harassment.

T. A. Orji deserve 2013 best Governor Award for provision and sustenance of best healthcare system in Nigeria that have reduce maternal death to the lowest in Nigeria plus other giant strides notwithstanding poor revenue and the absence of supplementary loans.

Do not abuse the freedom by chatting poo.
That man deserves severe punishment for looting abia blind. The only strides he has made is in his bank balance and that of his son.
We will not allow you get away with telling outright lies. Enjoy your freedom but don't insult our intelligence
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by asha80(m): 5:20pm On Dec 26, 2013
Jenkizo: Truth be told, the worst performing Governors should goes to the South East because out of the 5states in the Region, its only Enugu and Imo that has airport. Most especially Abia being an oil producing state with enough IGR and small workforce withness the worst governance in Nigeria since 1999. Anambra under Obi has done poorly with IGR from Onitsha and Nnewi. Obi is just a propagandist. Only Suilivan Chimeand Okorocha stands out in the East. That being said, I give it to Fashola and the whole South west Governors including Mimiko. Also, the likes of Kwankwaso, Sule Lamido and Wamako should be on the list of best performing Governors. Finally, Middle Belt is not also lucky with Leaders this days and Middle Beltern Governors behave like their Eastern counterparts. T.A Orji and Gabriel Suswa should carry the crown of worst Governors in the history of the Country
you know next to nothing about governance if you think presence of an airport equates good governance.
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by asha80(m): 5:25pm On Dec 26, 2013
ngwakwe pls take am easy abeg with ur t a orji perfomance abeg...do not hurt our sensiblities.
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by watchindelta(m): 5:27pm On Dec 26, 2013
for me no one take my vote. Anyday
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by eluquenson(m): 5:33pm On Dec 26, 2013
This is serious, you guys didn't even mention our "Go & Die" Governor or is he on the bottom of the list
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by jahlove4jah: 5:38pm On Dec 26, 2013
Cuche: One Governor in the South East, told the world that Education was for the rich while the people were protesting the over 400% increase in the State's Univ. school fees
And SilverBird is nominating him as the best thing to happen in governance. Thieves
i was in my final year at Anambra State University. This said Governor said that if we can afford to own a Blackberry that we should be able to pay 86k as against the former 36k. I wonder their criteria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Prosecutor Is Loosing The Battle Against Saraki / The Moment Tinubu Arrived Osogbo, Osun Rally Venue (Pictures) / Pastor Tunde Bakare: I Will Become President Like Joe Biden In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.