Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 (30754 Views)

Umahi: I'm Not The Worst Performing Governor In Nigeria / The Best And The Worst Performing Governor In S/west / Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Sadiss: 7:12pm On Dec 26, 2013
Nafeesa AA: Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso

** Construction of three new flyovers, and the longest flyover in west Africa.

*** Construction of two Hydro electricity project at Challawa dam

** Look at the removal of ‘achaba’ (commercial motorcycle); people never thought it would be possible, but it is history now.

** Kano state government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding, MOU, with a Chinese firm, CCECC, for the construction of a modern intra city railway system in Kano city.

** Northwest University. He has used the Ado Bayero House, which was abandoned for many years, as a temporary site for the university. It has taken off while the permanent site is under construction,

**1,000 post-secondary school leavers with nine credits are sponsored for their first degree in various specialized courses and first-class graduates for their master’s degree programme. Another 500 sent to Igbenidion university for degree programme in Medicine, nursery, pharmacy etc This is unprecedented in the history of Kano.

** Governor Rabi’u Musa Kwankwaso of Kano state has commissioned 26 magistrate courts constructed and furnished by his administration at the cost of millions of Naira and laid the foundation stone for the construction of 27 Shari’a courts across the
state.

** Gov. Rabi'u Musa Kwankwaso of Kano state received the 2012 Zik Prize for Good Governance Award from Chief Sonnie Odogwu supported by the former Chairman of Interim National Government, Chief Ernest Shonekan,

** Kano state government has spent over N250 million on the establishment of Kano Corporate Security Institute, as part of its effort to create job opportunities among the teeming unemployed youth and enhance security of lives and property in the state.

*** Apart from the recent free education at all levels he has re-introduced mass education at every local government. There is a centre where he has recruited people to teach basic education to housewives and traders, so that everyone can at least have basic education and be able to read and write. He has also brought a new concept of establishing crafts schools in every local government so that dropouts from secondary schools can go to the crafts school and learn a trade.

** If you go to Kano the streetlights are all functioning, the pavements and roads are working, rehabilitation of culverts and drainages is ongoing. In the night you feel like you are in Dubai. There is also general road infrastructure uplift; all the roads leading to Kano are being expanded with street lights and drainages.

** Construction of 3 new cities, Amana City, Kwankwasiya City and another one along Dambatta Road - all equipped with modern infrastructure that will decongest Kano. This is a laudable project.

** On the issue of youth employment, There is school of fishery, sports, ITC, entrepreneurship, poultry and all different trades where students will be trained and be given empowerment.

** Kwankwaso also received two prestigious awards by American Black Mayors at the at the 39th National Annual Conference of a Black Mayors for his "commitment to uplifting the well being of the citizenry as well as his transparency, prudence and accountability of public resources" in Atlanta, Georgia

Mind You all these and many mire in just 2 yrs
well done for the analysis,but are u being paid for your time to do this?

2 Likes

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by femmy2010(m): 7:13pm On Dec 26, 2013
For me ,it is certainly Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun state.
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by BigBen10: 7:16pm On Dec 26, 2013
Hon. SuQ Ma'DIQ:
And the best governor is..............hold on a minute...........gather all the past and present politicians at the national stadium and give them all JERRY RAWLINGS treatment.

Paid PDP and APC Idiotas & bastardos everywhere disturbing my Christmas fun.

ok give us another option apart from pdp n apc
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by hybeenoni: 7:18pm On Dec 26, 2013
do you know what a flyover bridge is?

U dnt expect me to reply u do u?

1 Like

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by sham8co(m): 7:47pm On Dec 26, 2013
For me it is Kano state govnor Dr Rabiu musa kwankwanso. because he has tranformed all the various sectors of kano state economy. Education, discipline,employment etc. in fact he is the best governor kano have ever produce un history.
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Gmanc(m): 7:50pm On Dec 26, 2013
To me Gov Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo of Gombe
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Expensiveman: 7:51pm On Dec 26, 2013
Garri the 1st: The Governor of the State of Osun, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola aka AregbeRascal..

angry angry angry angry
the best governor is sir T A orji ofAbia state
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Youngzedd(m): 7:59pm On Dec 26, 2013
Cuche: One Governor in the South East, told the world that Education was for the rich while the people were protesting the over 400% increase in the State's Univ. school fees
And SilverBird is nominating him as the best thing to happen in governance. Thieves

I know the John bull.

Ooh mpa South East.

I didn't mention any name.

1 Like

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Expensiveman: 7:59pm On Dec 26, 2013
The best governor is T A orji(ochendo ibeku)
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by hajbash: 8:06pm On Dec 26, 2013
duni04: SW governors=70% propaganda 30% work
SE governors= Little propaganda, little work
SS governors = Plenty money, plenty propaganda, little work
Middle belt governors = No propaganda, no work
Northern governors = Blind looting, plenty propaganda, No work
In summary no governor in this country deserves any kind of award
I totally disgree with you,do u know what kwankwaso done in kano?
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 26, 2013
This idiot in Oyo state should check to be sure He ain't doing a thing.....despite he's state media acknowledgement like he's the best thing ever happen in Nigeria...
I know he's poor my self....
AC governors idiot...
Wondering why he does the state logo just like Lagos logo,does this means he has done sh*t like Fashola...
MR Ajimobi is without steering...
Shitty Governance
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by alfredfrddy(m): 8:08pm On Dec 26, 2013
Abeg mk i hear word jare, best governor my foot. Why praising these useless bigots for performing below nothing? were they not elected to serve us instead of serving their coffers? Why hail them for fail us and deceiving gullible "us"? How does wasting public funds in sending people abroad at an exorbitant price to acquire a level of education that will be useless to them and the country upon their return due to the lack of standard infrastructures for use, which the governors with their capacities would have improved upon, help to improve our standard of living? I SMH for a team of vision less youths in this hell called Nigeria. Nonsense!!!
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by crackhouse(m): 8:09pm On Dec 26, 2013
how will I know. am I in all the states?
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by alfredfrddy(m): 8:15pm On Dec 26, 2013
sham8co: For me it is Kano state govnor Dr Rabiu musa kwankwanso. because he has tranformed all the various sectors of kano state economy. Education, discipline,employment etc. in fact he is the best governor kano have ever produce un history.
The dumbest talk I will ever hear this year. Rubbish
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Jewelbaby01(f): 8:16pm On Dec 26, 2013
Are u guys in dis country at all? Just curious cos I think u guys shud take a tour round Nigeria again, visit all d states and u'll agree with me dat ders just one governor dat deserves dat award. The governor or Akwaibom state, dat guy has done so much in dat state in just a short period of time, I mean am impressed. No one mentioned it cos its counted among d minorities, I wonder wen dis country will become a better place and just learn to accept everyone and live in peace and unity just like d national anthem depicts. Just a thought tho! Peace
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 26, 2013
e be like say i hear TA Orji as the best govano. Rubbish talk
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Remmyode(m): 8:25pm On Dec 26, 2013
Garri the 1st: The Governor of the State of Osun, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola aka AregbeRascal..

angry angry angry angry

Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola deserves it. He's done a lot but talks too much.
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by maryjanenikky: 8:26pm On Dec 26, 2013
gross exageration
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Odehfamily(m): 8:28pm On Dec 26, 2013
phillippiano: Pictures or it didn't happen
Go to Kano and see all these work in 3D, HD,XviD
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by maryjanenikky: 8:29pm On Dec 26, 2013
Ngwakwe: T. A. Orji

For doing enough without borrowing a dime.
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Youngzedd(m): 8:33pm On Dec 26, 2013
Lynbrook: ONGOING ADMISSION IN ZENITH UNIVERSITY COLLEGE JANUARY SECTION!!!!

During my years of schooling in ghana, i have realised dat it is easier to get admission into Ghanaian universities compare to those in Nigeria. I have been schooling in ghana for more than 3years and i want to use this as an avenue to help those that have suffered the issue of our JAMB Exams...

I am presently in Zenith University. I will be of help2 any1 who has intentions of schooling in Ghana...

The credentials are listed below:
1. Waec/Neco Result with pass in math, English and agricultural science and any other 3 courses.

2.Original birth certificate from your local government

3.Scanned passport.

4.Testimonial from your high school if you have one.

5. You will also need an ECOWAS passport wen coming to Ghana but that will not be needed for the admission.

That is all u need for the admission.....

THE INTERESTING FACT IS THAT THERE IS NO JAMB OR UNIVERSITY EXAM BEFORE ADMISSION, ALL U NEED IS YOUR WAEC OR NECO RESULT...AND AGAIN YOUR ADMISSION IS ASSURED IF ONLY YOU GET THE NECESSARY REQUIREMENTS

For more information you can reach me on:
Jorge +233540837589 or Schwartzdulwich@gmail.com

Tell a friend or relative. Thanks for your time...

One block university again

Red alert!
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by presido2e(m): 8:36pm On Dec 26, 2013

Shut up!
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Cuche: 8:40pm On Dec 26, 2013
adamdbt:

true talk and you left out infrastructural development
I will not delve into infrastructure because I have not been to all the states, so it is relative. However, there are development indices that are objective and has far reaching benefits.
Do you know that quality education is the foundation for any country that wants to compete with the rest of the world? Now, imagine what the country will look like when we have our own people trained at the highest centres of Tech, Science, etc. and have them come back and man enterprises in their related field.
The result will be that in the next 50 years Nigeria should be self sufficient as a country. We can manufacture our own vehicles, planes,other goods and services with very minimal input from expatriates. Nigerian jobs will be for its people.
Prof Awojobi in his time (I was told) campaigned for that type of education to be in place for the foundation of a glorious Nigeria in the future.
Nigeria missed it at the point when our fake leaders saw education as a waste of budget funds.
For me all the Governors that are taking education seriously are the best, but Mr Kwankwaso stands out.
I know of 2 persons who are not indigenes of Kano (just residents ) who benefited from the overseas scholarship.
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by SwitOlives: 8:45pm On Dec 26, 2013

How can u even say this. He did nothing for Abia. Nothing at all. Worst Governor

1 Like

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by ozolity(m): 8:49pm On Dec 26, 2013
Chime is the best ever. Silent achiever.
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Nicepoker(m): 8:54pm On Dec 26, 2013
Nafeesa AA: Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso

** Construction of three new flyovers, and the longest flyover in west Africa.

*** Construction of two Hydro electricity project at Challawa dam

** Look at the removal of ‘achaba’ (commercial motorcycle); people never thought it would be possible, but it is history now.

** Kano state government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding, MOU, with a Chinese firm, CCECC, for the construction of a modern intra city railway system in Kano city.

** Northwest University. He has used the Ado Bayero House, which was abandoned for many years, as a temporary site for the university. It has taken off while the permanent site is under construction,

**1,000 post-secondary school leavers with nine credits are sponsored for their first degree in various specialized courses and first-class graduates for their master’s degree programme. Another 500 sent to Igbenidion university for degree programme in Medicine, nursery, pharmacy etc This is unprecedented in the history of Kano.

** Governor Rabi’u Musa Kwankwaso of Kano state has commissioned 26 magistrate courts constructed and furnished by his administration at the cost of millions of Naira and laid the foundation stone for the construction of 27 Shari’a courts across the
state.

** Gov. Rabi'u Musa Kwankwaso of Kano state received the 2012 Zik Prize for Good Governance Award from Chief Sonnie Odogwu supported by the former Chairman of Interim National Government, Chief Ernest Shonekan,

** Kano state government has spent over N250 million on the establishment of Kano Corporate Security Institute, as part of its effort to create job opportunities among the teeming unemployed youth and enhance security of lives and property in the state.

*** Apart from the recent free education at all levels he has re-introduced mass education at every local government. There is a centre where he has recruited people to teach basic education to housewives and traders, so that everyone can at least have basic education and be able to read and write. He has also brought a new concept of establishing crafts schools in every local government so that dropouts from secondary schools can go to the crafts school and learn a trade.

** If you go to Kano the streetlights are all functioning, the pavements and roads are working, rehabilitation of culverts and drainages is ongoing. In the night you feel like you are in Dubai. There is also general road infrastructure uplift; all the roads leading to Kano are being expanded with street lights and drainages.

** Construction of 3 new cities, Amana City, Kwankwasiya City and another one along Dambatta Road - all equipped with modern infrastructure that will decongest Kano. This is a laudable project.

** On the issue of youth employment, There is school of fishery, sports, ITC, entrepreneurship, poultry and all different trades where students will be trained and be given empowerment.

** Kwankwaso also received two prestigious awards by American Black Mayors at the at the 39th National Annual Conference of a Black Mayors for his "commitment to uplifting the well being of the citizenry as well as his transparency, prudence and accountability of public resources" in Atlanta, Georgia

Mind You all these and many mire in just 2 yrs
are u the governor's spokesman?
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by rafcrown(m): 9:01pm On Dec 26, 2013
U MEAN THE BEST EFCC CUSTOMER?
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Slowvenom(m): 9:03pm On Dec 26, 2013
gov, Godswill Okpabio is d best govn ever seen in Akwa Ibom n 9ja. Give it ! Gv it ! Gv it ! 2 govn Okpabio
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Timewatch: 9:08pm On Dec 26, 2013
One thing was deduced from what I read here,the APC governors are working from lagos to oyo to osun to imo......let us face it without any biased or tribalistic mind.......I wish APC the best of success in their Presidential Ambition
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 26, 2013
coolSenator ibikunle amosun nani
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by pachukwu16: 9:11pm On Dec 26, 2013
Gov orji is d Best!!! hooo haa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

We​’ll Resume Our Struggle If Buhari “draws First Blood” – Asari Dokubo / Reno Omokri Blasts Osinbajo For Not Speaking Up For Christians. Nigerians React / Onnoghen Pleads Not Guilty To All Charges, Granted Bail On Self Recognition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.