Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,314 members, 7,815,576 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 (30761 Views)

Umahi: I'm Not The Worst Performing Governor In Nigeria / The Best And The Worst Performing Governor In S/west / Who Is The Best Performing Governor In The South East? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by kunle4toyeyaho: 9:07am On Dec 26, 2013
alaoeri:
Peter obi ko peter obo ni but kwamkwaso is a performer sha.
u may accuse him of non-performance in years back,but in the year 2013,peter obi did so well.I am a yoruba guy,but try to be objective.His per4mance may be because of the just concluded governoship election.

2 Likes

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by asha80(m): 9:15am On Dec 26, 2013
Ngwakwe: We are not talking about solving all problems. We are talking about financial prudence and available resources.

Is there any place in Abia State you will walk say 100 meters without running, clean and hygienic water from borehole?

Many people have there homes, kitchens, bathrooms, toilets and fields directly connected to portable water though borne out of competition and ingenuity. Water is water anyhow.

Almost every family and compound have borehole while Abia State Government makes money from them by taxing those in the town N1000 per month. Enough for IGR

it is unfortunate you see nothing wrong in people sinking boreholes....look some business concerns in aba and environs are complaining about infrastructure and seems not to be doing anything about it.....industrial activities to thrive need supporting infrastructure...do not support mediocrity......orji does not even know how to solve strategic problems of the state.
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by FreeGlobe(f): 9:34am On Dec 26, 2013
kunle4toye@yaho:
u may accuse him of non-performance in years back,but in the year 2013,peter obi did so well.I am a yoruba guy,but try to be objective.His per4mance may be because of the just concluded governoship election.
Yoruba guy stop deceiving yaself. Peter obi is very crafty. All the things you think he did are politics and nothing more. Distribution of cars is not governance. Go to imo, Enugu, akwa ibom and see what they call governance. Peter obi is a fraud and the worst governor in Nigeria history

3 Likes

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 26, 2013
Chief Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom state.

3 Likes

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by tconfi: 4:11pm On Dec 26, 2013
GOV JONAH JANG IS MY OPTION 'A'

1 Like

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Thereishel: 4:13pm On Dec 26, 2013
None, all of them have robbed/defraud Nigeria blind
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Khalifa04: 4:15pm On Dec 26, 2013
It d gov of d state of osun , no dought abt it

1 Like

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by HoldenCaulfield(m): 4:16pm On Dec 26, 2013
kwankwaso of kano for the following reasons:
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Ngwakwe: 4:19pm On Dec 26, 2013
Arrange a loan deal for T. A. Orji to the tune of $1Billion and see what the State will look like in the next three months.

The fact that he's not borrowing is a great plus to the State for now.

asha 80: it is unfortunate you see nothing wrong in people sinking boreholes....look some business concerns in aba and environs are complaining about infrastructure and seems not to be doing anything about it.....industrial activities to thrive need supporting infrastructure...do not support mediocrity......orji does not even know how to solve strategic problems of the state.

1 Like

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Tunsboy17(m): 4:20pm On Dec 26, 2013
For me i think is ondo state Gov...... Dr.olusegun abayomi mimiko
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 26, 2013
I see APC governors taking the lead yet they say apc and PDP are the same.
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 26, 2013
None! They are all almost the same, just that one is fairer than the otherNone! They are all almost the same, just that one is fairer than the otherNone! They are all almost the same, just that one is fairer than the other
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by AdekunleBalogun: 4:21pm On Dec 26, 2013
I will course anybody that brings sentiments into this trend from their forefathers to their unborn children. Let's us know with fact and figures so that other regions and state will know how to hold government accountable. If you think because one governor is feeding you or you are his propagandalist and u think u can just come and start to yarn nonsense.... Thunder go fire ur middle brokos ooo... I don warn una now, oya bring out the fact and figures base on laid down rules and principles.
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 26, 2013
phillippiano: Pictures or it didn't happen
Guy all these work she just Mentioned are real, some of them have been completd while some are at their currency stage. You can google for pictures if you really need that before you believe. I'm also 100% sure That kwankwaso is the best perfoming governor in Nigeria.
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 26, 2013
Ngwakwe: Arrange a loan deal for T. A. Orji to the tune of $1Billion and see what the State will look like in the next three months.

The fact that he's not borrowing is a great plus to the State for now.

Stop this TA orji nonsense. You are sounding ridiculous.
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Gafaar: 4:23pm On Dec 26, 2013
i have travelled all over the states in this country by my assessment the best performing Governor for d year 2013 is
OGBENI RAUF AREGBESOLA OF OSUN STATE.
OP, u can go to the state to see d transformation that is going on there not to only state capital alone but spread across the major towns of d state.
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by asha80(m): 4:24pm On Dec 26, 2013
Obiagelli: I see APC governors taking the lead yet they say apc and PDP are the same.
smdh.
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by HoldenCaulfield(m): 4:26pm On Dec 26, 2013
Nafeesa AA: Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso

** Construction of three new flyovers, and the longest flyover in west Africa.

*** Construction of two Hydro electricity project at Challawa dam

** Look at the removal of ‘achaba’ (commercial motorcycle); people never thought it would be possible, but it is history now.

** Kano state government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding, MOU, with a Chinese firm, CCECC, for the construction of a modern intra city railway system in Kano city.

** Northwest University. He has used the Ado Bayero House, which was abandoned for many years, as a temporary site for the university. It has taken off while the permanent site is under construction,

**1,000 post-secondary school leavers with nine credits are sponsored for their first degree in various specialized courses and first-class graduates for their master’s degree programme. Another 500 sent to Igbenidion university for degree programme in Medicine, nursery, pharmacy etc This is unprecedented in the history of Kano.

** Governor Rabi’u Musa Kwankwaso of Kano state has commissioned 26 magistrate courts constructed and furnished by his administration at the cost of millions of Naira and laid the foundation stone for the construction of 27 Shari’a courts across the
state.

** Gov. Rabi'u Musa Kwankwaso of Kano state received the 2012 Zik Prize for Good Governance Award from Chief Sonnie Odogwu supported by the former Chairman of Interim National Government, Chief Ernest Shonekan,

** Kano state government has spent over N250 million on the establishment of Kano Corporate Security Institute, as part of its effort to create job opportunities among the teeming unemployed youth and enhance security of lives and property in the state.

*** Apart from the recent free education at all levels he has re-introduced mass education at every local government. There is a centre where he has recruited people to teach basic education to housewives and traders, so that everyone can at least have basic education and be able to read and write. He has also brought a new concept of establishing crafts schools in every local government so that dropouts from secondary schools can go to the crafts school and learn a trade.

** If you go to Kano the streetlights are all functioning, the pavements and roads are working, rehabilitation of culverts and drainages is ongoing. In the night you feel like you are in Dubai. There is also general road infrastructure uplift; all the roads leading to Kano are being expanded with street lights and drainages.

** Construction of 3 new cities, Amana City, Kwankwasiya City and another one along Dambatta Road - all equipped with modern infrastructure that will decongest Kano. This is a laudable project.

** On the issue of youth employment, There is school of fishery, sports, ITC, entrepreneurship, poultry and all different trades where students will be trained and be given empowerment.

** Kwankwaso also received two prestigious awards by American Black Mayors at the at the 39th National Annual Conference of a Black Mayors for his "commitment to uplifting the well being of the citizenry as well as his transparency, prudence and accountability of public resources" in Atlanta, Georgia

Mind You all these and many mire in just 2 yrs
thanks nafeesa there are many more done by the great danmusa you have not mentioned but I am sure that no governor in nigeria will compete with only the above mentioned.

1 Like

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by shejane: 4:28pm On Dec 26, 2013
Btw Fashola nd Kwankwaso

No much talk
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Siga: 4:28pm On Dec 26, 2013
…Don't know if this is relevant or not…. but I give my vote to every parent, single Father and Mother that took care of their kids, as little as they have balanced their budget and provided a good life for their kids … Its not easy at all…God bless single fathers and mothers….

3 Likes

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by mbulela: 4:28pm On Dec 26, 2013
Ngwakwe: T. A. Orji

For doing enough without borrowing a dime.
May God himself have mercy on you.
What happened to your conscience?I assum. you have one?
I know we are used to mediocrity in this country but that man takes the cake.
I dare anyone to name a worse governor than T.A. Orji.
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by shejane: 4:29pm On Dec 26, 2013
FG yet 2 pay us December salary while fashola paid nd also do xmas 4 all state workers

1 Like

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 26, 2013
stainless655: Delta state governor is d worse governor 4rm 2007- tildate
Since the emergence of democracy
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by moststylish(m): 4:31pm On Dec 26, 2013
am from delta state but i will vote fashola of lagos state
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 26, 2013
asha 80: smdh.
why? Most of the name up here are APC, so how are they same with pdp.
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by gustdableman(m): 4:32pm On Dec 26, 2013
FreeGlobe:
Peter what? fool!
must you abuse someone before you make your remark? please go to school, education is free in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by homesteady(m): 4:33pm On Dec 26, 2013
Kwankwaso is the best! Sai kwankawsiya! smiley
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by HoldenCaulfield(m): 4:33pm On Dec 26, 2013
Ikengawo:

stop being so gullible.

ticket to Canada is 2000 USD
if he sends 200 children to canada, that's 400,000 USD.
with 400,000 he could have built whatever it is in canada that those kids are going to see right there an Kano, and train up to 2000 students a year with a 'canadian' education in Kano year after year while playing canadian teachers if he wanted to to stay there and teach

im not counting what they will pay for living for these students in canada (over 38,000 USD a year which is average in canada x 200 students)

African leaders like to throw this garbage at us and confuse us into thinking they know what they're doing with these unsustainable gimmicks

free laptops
painted schools
tickets and board in foreign countries

this is not education, these are not ideas or structural changes, these are not policies and more importantly they're not sustainable. They're gimmicks meant to deceive the people. Those kids you're sending to Canada will go to Canada and met hundreds of people from Kano that got the same education there but won't bother coming back because there's no work in their state and their skills won't be appreciated in Nigeria, and Kano's barbaric culture. Was it not a week ago that Okonjo Iweala was shouted at by an illiterate because she was sick when trying to propose a budget?

what about the women that go and get this free education? will they not be rendered are useless baby machines by their husbands in a sharia state? Stop these gimmicks. I even think it's trash when Rochas did his own free education gimmick in Imo state. The cost of school isn't a problem for anyone it's the quality.
just look at this moro.nic foo.l. the trouble with you igbos is most of you are...... must you criticize my able governor, if you can't appriciate just learn to envy in your heart. banza jaki.
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 26, 2013
y2k62: Since the emergence of democracy
its a pdp thing. Zero performance.
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by shejane: 4:35pm On Dec 26, 2013
No light dis xmas y?
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by destineguy(m): 4:37pm On Dec 26, 2013
shejane: FG yet 2 pay us December salary while fashola paid nd also do xmas 4 all state workers
There is more to governance than that bro!
Re: Which State Governor Deserves The Award For Best Performing Governor In 2013 by asha80(m): 4:39pm On Dec 26, 2013
Obiagelli:
why? Most of the name up here are APC, so how are they same with pdp.
this is how threads are deviated...the question is which governor NOT party is seen as best...even some of names being mentioned here were pdp some months ago so why your comment?must we bring in party issues to every thread now? Haba!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Re-run Elections: Nigerians In 5 States Vote (LIVE UPDATES) / Buhari Meets Chinese President, Xi Jinping (Photo) / As Forest Guards Come Alive In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.