Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Common Words Guys Use And Their Meanings - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Common Words Guys Use And Their Meanings (47618 Views)

10 Excuses Nigerian Guys Use To Justify Their Inability To Approach A Lady / REVEALED: New Tricks Lagos Guys Use To Woo Girls Inside Public Buses / Shameful Methods Guys Use In Wooing Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Common Words Guys Use And Their Meanings by Preceedo(m): 6:02pm On Dec 28, 2013
A sequel to the thread that talked about the secret meanings to girls words during conversation.

Guys ,too, have theirs.

1. "When are you going?"- A polite way of saying "are you still here". Just pick ur things and go immediately when a guy says this.

2. "You are sexy/hot"- Many girls take this as "beautiful". No, it means I's like to have you in bed one day.

3."I'm busy for now"- it means you are boring.

4. "You are like a sister to me"- If ur boyfriend say this to you, he means you don't arouse him sexually(no affection).

5." What do you mean"- When ur arguing with a guy and he asks what you mean. He's surprise that you are so right, he knows you are on point and may discover the secret so he pretends not to understand.

5. "I'm not ready for a serious relationship"- He means you are not a wife material or at least to him.

6. " I'm sorry "- I'm in the mood. Pls come to bed. Except he says it and does not ask you 4 sex that's when he really means it.

7. "Do you have a boyfrieend?"-means "I wonder what he sees in you". If he wants to have you, he wont ask.

8. "You're looking alright/okay"- You are not beautiful. Just average.

9. "Okay, no problem"- This does not mean the case is settled. It means "wait and see".

10. " Are you serious?"- Ur behaving immature/childish.

11. " I don't understand you these days"- I have seen another better chick outside. U've been replaced already.

12. "Do you love me?"- He is not expecting a "Yes or No". He is saying "Prove it". May be on bed.

13. "What perfume do you use"- You have body odour and he's recommending a deodorant for you.

14. " Don't mention"- I know why I helped you and I won't accept "thank you" as a reward.

15. "This dress is too small for you"- you are putting on weight unneccessarily.

16. "I'll call you". Pls don't call me.

17."You look like my mother"- You breast don sag finish.

Do you agree?
Add urs guys

Edited:- Praaaaaaaiiiise the lord. Brethren, I want to thank God for the salvation of my soul. Secondly, I want to appreciate God for protection me and provision me.

Brethren God has finarry does it. I has been blowsing with my nokia 3310 on nailarand. I have did all i should does to make flont page but all to no avail.

I don suffer for nairaland. Some people tell me to "Go and die" others say i resemble "Obasenjo"
some even discomboburate my head with oyibo wey my papa no know the meaning.
But today God has did it, he has does it. Now I stand gidigba for frontpage. Thousands of people go con dey read my post. Me wey be like tooth pick. Pllllaise the lord. Harreruyah.

I want to uses my testimony as a medium of contact to all nairalander wey never reach front page say the God wey do my own go do una own. Pastor thank for ur player ooo. Oga seun u too much. The mod wey take over from SEXKILLZ God go bress and surplice you. People wey comment 4 dis thread I thank una werru wel.

My choir abeg sing skelewu make i take thank my God

92 Likes

Re: Common Words Guys Use And Their Meanings by Bantino(m): 6:06pm On Dec 28, 2013
I'll give it a 95% score u try....

2 Likes

Re: Common Words Guys Use And Their Meanings by KELVINXY: 6:12pm On Dec 28, 2013
Hell No
I disagree

I mean my words.

18 Likes

Re: Common Words Guys Use And Their Meanings by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 28, 2013
I have said some of those things up there and the meanings you gave were exactly what I had in mind when I said it.
Okay they are:
-You are sexy
-I'm busy for now
-What d'u mean?
-I'm sorry
-You're lookin okay
-Okay no problem
-Do you love me? Oh boy na 1 sweet, cute virgin I ask this one, wanted to knack am. I wont tell you if I succeeded.

-Don't mention it. Lmao

-I will call you
So, in conclusion, OP you are 80% right.
Ladies take note! grin

9 Likes

Re: Common Words Guys Use And Their Meanings by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 28, 2013
I used number 9 alot,the meaning is so so on point

3 Likes

Re: Common Words Guys Use And Their Meanings by conji101(m): 6:29pm On Dec 28, 2013
@op u r so on point grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Common Words Guys Use And Their Meanings by Preceedo(m): 6:38pm On Dec 28, 2013
Vessi: I have said some of those things up there and the meanings you gave were exactly what I had in mind when I said it.
Okay they are:
-You are sexy
-I'm busy for now
-What d'u mean?
-I'm sorry
-You're lookin okay
-Okay no problem
-Do you love me? Oh boy na 1 sweet, cute virgin I ask this one, wanted to knack am. I wont tell you if I succeeded.

-Don't mention it. Lmao

-I will call you
So, in conclusion, OP you are 80% right.
Ladies take note! grin

Badoo. Without asking you any question I know you are a certified player. grin

5 Likes

Re: Common Words Guys Use And Their Meanings by yemmy75(m): 6:41pm On Dec 28, 2013
Lmao @ no 14

FP tinz... Baba God noni
Sign of beta tinz to come *azonto*
Re: Common Words Guys Use And Their Meanings by Preceedo(m): 6:45pm On Dec 28, 2013
KELVIN-XY:
Hell No
I disagree

I mean my words.
Only mad people mean their words. A normal man must sometimes crack a joke, be ironical, be sarcastic.

Are you one of them?

3 Likes

Re: Common Words Guys Use And Their Meanings by Preceedo(m): 6:48pm On Dec 28, 2013
conji101: @op u r so on point grin grin grin

I like your white teeth.

1 Like

Re: Common Words Guys Use And Their Meanings by emmadan(m): 6:50pm On Dec 28, 2013
lol,so on point..,and if i answered a girls call and said sumtin like "ok,let me call you later,am busy now",it simply means "pls dnt call me again".and that your number 8 is so so on point.

1 Like

Re: Common Words Guys Use And Their Meanings by Preceedo(m): 6:51pm On Dec 28, 2013
yemmy75: Lmao @ no 14
grin
Re: Common Words Guys Use And Their Meanings by KELVINXY: 6:59pm On Dec 28, 2013
Preceedo:
Only mad people mean their words. A normal man must sometimes crack a joke, be ironical, be sarcastic.

Are you one of them?

Lolz

Hmmm
Even thou u sound a bit sarcastic i stil find it amusing..

Now I might find it a lil hard to knw who is more sane btwn us.?!

By the way seasons greetings bro

1 Like

Re: Common Words Guys Use And Their Meanings by Enegod(m): 7:09pm On Dec 28, 2013
Re: Common Words Guys Use And Their Meanings by Preceedo(m): 7:13pm On Dec 28, 2013
KELVIN-XY:

Lolz

Hmmm
Even thou u sound a bit sarcastic i stil find it amusing..

Now I might find it a lil hard to knw who is more sane btwn us.?!

By the way seasons greetings bro

grin
You find it hard to know who is sane between us?
I'm the sane one while you are the ______. (Fill in the gap with the opposite of the bolded).

I wish you the same bro.
Re: Common Words Guys Use And Their Meanings by Kweenskiga(f): 7:33pm On Dec 28, 2013
Pls can someone explain 7. It's confusing
Re: Common Words Guys Use And Their Meanings by Xsenga(f): 7:36pm On Dec 28, 2013
angry
Re: Common Words Guys Use And Their Meanings by Preceedo(m): 7:48pm On Dec 28, 2013
Kween skiga: Pls can someone explain 7. It's confusing

No guy who really wants you will ask you if you have one. Most of the times when a guy asks a gorl whether she has a BF its because he wonders how he managed to cope with you or likes you!

3 Likes

Re: Common Words Guys Use And Their Meanings by EzePromoe: 8:14pm On Dec 28, 2013
You are so angry with your creator - You are ugly!
Re: Common Words Guys Use And Their Meanings by EzePromoe: 8:14pm On Dec 28, 2013
You are so angry with your creator - You are ugly! tongue
Re: Common Words Guys Use And Their Meanings by sweetestguy(m): 8:14pm On Dec 28, 2013
Lmao @ 17
Re: Common Words Guys Use And Their Meanings by prettyjo(f): 8:15pm On Dec 28, 2013
i dnt totally agree cos av nt experienced such
Re: Common Words Guys Use And Their Meanings by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 28, 2013
I think I mean my words most times...If your truly a man, yu should say things as it is and straightforward. I don't see any reason twisting and bending your comments to have a 2nd meaning, its for d ladies jare undecided

2 Likes

Re: Common Words Guys Use And Their Meanings by Dannylux: 8:23pm On Dec 28, 2013
Number 8 is wrong.

You look okay - you're ugly.
When a girl looks alright. I'd still tell her she looks pretty.
Re: Common Words Guys Use And Their Meanings by Teenzy(f): 8:32pm On Dec 28, 2013
I really dont agree with u on No7..A guy will definitely ask a girl if she has a bf to know what he's up against....

13 Likes

Re: Common Words Guys Use And Their Meanings by Ruq: 8:36pm On Dec 28, 2013
Faaaaacckkk No. a lot it derailed which automatically makes it bland and not plausible.
Re: Common Words Guys Use And Their Meanings by Emmy9ite(m): 8:47pm On Dec 28, 2013
Lol, very Funny!
Re: Common Words Guys Use And Their Meanings by Preceedo(m): 8:47pm On Dec 28, 2013
prettyjo: i dnt totally agree cos av nt experienced such

You are a lady, I'm not asking you to agree but telling you what you don't know. Only guys have the right to disagree.

8 Likes

Re: Common Words Guys Use And Their Meanings by Preceedo(m): 8:52pm On Dec 28, 2013
KingMEXX: I think I mean my words most times...If your truly a man, yu should say things as it is and straightforward. I don't see any reason twisting and bending your comments to have a 2nd meaning, its for d ladies jare undecided

Only mad men are straight forward. A normal man must joke, be sarcastic, be ironical, and even exagerate. No man is exempted!!
Re: Common Words Guys Use And Their Meanings by Preceedo(m): 8:55pm On Dec 28, 2013
Dannylux: Number 8 is wrong.

You look okay - you're ugly.
When a girl looks alright. I'd still tell her she looks pretty.

You don't expect anyone to break it up to you?

What are you saying? Read that No 8 again
Re: Common Words Guys Use And Their Meanings by Preceedo(m): 8:57pm On Dec 28, 2013
Ruq: Faaaaacckkk No. a lot of derailed which automatically makes it bland and not plausible.

What are you saying?
Re: Common Words Guys Use And Their Meanings by Preceedo(m): 9:01pm On Dec 28, 2013
Teenzy: I really dont agree with u on No7..A guy will definitely ask a girl if she has a bf to know what he's up against....

YINMU. He will be afraid you may say YES. And that's the end.

What would you say when a guy asks if u av a BF?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gentleman Grabs Fiancee's Backside In Pre-wedding Photos / 9 Married Women Talk About Their Affairs Outside Marriage / Map Reading! Lost Couple Look For Way Out In Lovely Pre-wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.