Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan (65470 Views)

Wole Soyinka & Wife Folake, Step Out For Mo Abudu's Movie / Wole Soyinka Daughter Dies!!! / Wole Soyinka's Daughter, Iyetade Dies At 48 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by king94(m): 8:03am On Dec 30, 2013
akpomeme:

How can the daughter of our most reverend writer, professor and idol worshipper number 1 die and the cause of death is hidden? Weeks before now we kept hearing about her being impregnated and encouraged to abort the baby because of the rage of Amaechi's wife. All knowing and seeing Prof in affairs of another man's house. That calls another man's wife shepopotamus etc don't want people to meddle in his affairs worthy of a novel.
If wot u posted up there rocks ur boat, so be it.
Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by rhymz(m): 8:04am On Dec 30, 2013
king94: U obviously don't remember cos of ur use of 'guys lyk me'. U can check my posts(if u ar jobless) to show me where 'guys like me' insulted d dead. U can go on nd insult d lady if u so wish. Nobody will stop u.
I have no time for such frivolities, my point is that some of you expressing shock to some people's unpalatable comment here should know that such comments have precedence, like Malcolm x puts it, it is a case of chicken coming home to roost. Anyway, do you know the cause of her death cos the secrecy in the report is going to spin a rumour soon.

3 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by farem: 8:09am On Dec 30, 2013
This is sad.
It high time our dear professor embraced Jesus Christ. The Way, the Truth, the Life.
In the final analysis, ANYTHING ELSE will prove to be VANITY. It's not yet late o sir. He is waiting for you!

3 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by rhymz(m): 8:10am On Dec 30, 2013
patriotic007: Please if you want to abuse him back you can do that but please dont bring Jesus into this,....Dont destroy your destiny my dear
Jesus na your elder brother ni? enyia relax, too much colonialism Don eat parts of the African brain... .would you be alright if he used Amadioha or Sango instead.... lol
Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by king94(m): 8:10am On Dec 30, 2013
rhymz: I have no time for such frivolities, my point is that some of you expressing shock to some people's unpalatable comment here should know that such comments have precedence, like Malcolm x puts it, it is a case of chicken coming home to roost. Anyway, do you know the cause of her death cos the secrecy in the report is going to spin a rumour soon.
When ppl decide to throw their humanity to d dogs based on past events, it says a lot about them. I don't resort to tribal bashing cos it is senseless. U can insult my tribe all dai long nd I won't reply cos it is not worth it nd I refuse to descend to dat level of hate. I choose to fight my personal battles nd not my tribe wahala.
Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by Dbryan: 8:11am On Dec 30, 2013
Una jux dey console prof,d 2 kids d lady left behind nko,d brute is on dem.....take @ kids
Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by Lilimax(f): 8:11am On Dec 30, 2013
callmenow: Nobel Laureate Wole Soyinka, I last saw you at the Africa Centre at Convent Garden, in London in September, barely three months ago. You were angry about the future direction of Nigeria, and spoke specifically on the unconstitutional role of First ladies in Nigeria Politics. The applause for your performance from that event is still ringing in my ears, etc. You came across again as the conscience of the nation. The death of a close relative is always very painful. However the death a child of any hue is especially so. I on behalf of the many Nigerians you mentored on the day stand with you at this time. You must find the strength which you have in abundance to console your wife and the larger family. May the soul of your just departed daughter find repose in our Lord. The Nigerian Masses are behind you all the way.
Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:12am On Dec 30, 2013
chino11:

Was there evidence anywhere that Obj was sleeping with Iyabo until he (obj) slept with his daughter in-law which eventually led to his son to expose it to the world..? One thing leads to another..
Foolish Chino, stop behaving like your father.
Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by rhymz(m): 8:14am On Dec 30, 2013
farem: This is sad.
It high time our dear professor embraced Jesus Christ. The Way, the Truth, the Life.
In the final analysis, ANYTHING ELSE will prove to be VANITY. It's not yet late o sir. He is waiting for you!
babe na you need some Jesus in your life, you talk too damn much
king94: When ppl decide to throw their humanity to d dogs based on past events, it says a lot about them. I don't resort to tribal bashing cos it is senseless. U can insult my tribe all dai long nd I won't reply cos it is not worth it nd I refuse to descend to dat level of hate. I choose to fight my personal battles nd not my tribe wahala.
farem: This is sad.
babe na you need some Jesus in your life, you talk too damn much
Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by akpomeme(m): 8:14am On Dec 30, 2013
king94: If wot u posted up there rocks ur boat, so be it.

King94 you sound dejected, rejected, demented and defeated... Of course what I wrote up there are facts so you can't deny any of it. We will all die someday I agree but there are so many question marks surrounding this innocent lady who may have been a victim of circumstances surrounding her being a daughter to a man who cannot do no wrong... If that man fathered her kids, I must say there is something off with him. Because of money, he saw in Amaechi a potential inlaw. See the result?
Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by rhymz(m): 8:17am On Dec 30, 2013
king94: When ppl decide to throw their humanity to d dogs based on past events, it says a lot about them. I don't resort to tribal bashing cos it is senseless. U can insult my tribe all dai long nd I won't reply cos it is not worth it nd I refuse to descend to dat level of hate. I choose to fight my personal battles nd not my tribe wahala.
whether past or present nobody or tribe deserves to be insulted or their leaders and tribes men and women being made the butt of some stoopid jokes..... the moment everyone realizes that then the cycle will discontinue..... such move will take the greedy Seun Osewa's effort to achieve.
Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by king94(m): 8:17am On Dec 30, 2013
akpomeme:

King94 you sound dejected, rejected, demented and defeated... Of course what I wrote up there are facts so you can't deny any of it. We will all die someday I agree but there are so many question marks surrounding this innocent lady who may have been a victim of circumstances surrounding her being a daughter to a man who cannot do no wrong... If that man fathered her kids, I must say there is something off with him. Because of money, he saw in Amaechi a potential inlaw. See the result?
I'd ignore d insults u cast on my person. I'm dejected cos of d comments I'm readin here.
Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by hamzab: 8:19am On Dec 30, 2013
RIP
Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by tomzman: 8:20am On Dec 30, 2013
Too bad. RIP to the dead. I can imagine how sad the prof must be feeling now.
Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by yomexp(m): 8:21am On Dec 30, 2013
may the soul of the departed rest in perfect peace amen!
Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by matsilver: 8:21am On Dec 30, 2013
odua boy: May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace.

Can't imagine how devastated the prof would be...
u mean i "CAN"
Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by Lilimax(f): 8:22am On Dec 30, 2013
Baby mama:

Nigerian journalists sha
How can a woman struggle with her health for years according the journalist and the same person tells us she took ill suddenly? shocked
I wish Nigerians were open enough to say what people die of,it may help the living ,we are just too secretive a people
The same reason people don't even seek help when sick till it is too late( not saying that was the case here)
May her family be comforted
My thought exactly. I see nothing wrong in disclosing what killed somebody instead of surrounding it with secrecy undecided. My prayers and thought are with the family.
Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by yomexp(m): 8:25am On Dec 30, 2013
king94: I'd ignore d insults u cast on my person. I'm dejected cos of d comments I'm readin here.
remember that you are under no obligation to reply retards. please take my advice. thanks you
Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by meccuno: 8:26am On Dec 30, 2013
payless:

You are a despicable human being! I hope your people condemn your stupidity. I won't be surprised if they support your stupidity because some of your people already liking your post. A thug like you should be in a locked box somewhere in Russia. Disgusting people.
at first thought u had sense...but obviously,u are no different from the same person u accuse......

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by rckdude: 8:27am On Dec 30, 2013
Decryptor: You are a full blown Eediot! I have been following your outrageous comments here on NL against Ibos and decided to wait for the right time to strike you and here it is.
When Chinua Achebe died, you made a lot of trashy comments against him, when Ojukwu died, you were abusing him,Peter Obi and the whole of Ndigbo in NL!
Now your cultist prof's daughter is dead and you are attacking someone who is giving his own opinion.
You better shut ur ewedu smelling mouth and stop sounding like someone who is sane cos you are not! Anu mpama nwuru anwu!

So why don't you wait for the prof to die and leave his deceased innocent daughter to rest in peace.
Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by Obijulius: 8:27am On Dec 30, 2013
Death is usually the revealer of secrets:

Lots of them in this case, wish we had more proof sha. Let me highlight what I have learnt thus far for those that are just coming in:

1. She was a single mother of two (confirmed).

2. Prof. Wole Soyinka fathered the two kids (undisputed so likely true)

3. She had an affair with the incumbent Governor of Rivers State (developing story)

4. She lost her life following complications from an aytempted abortion (based on 1,2,3 likely true).

Note this is a developing story and more updates will be posted as they come up.

Condolences to the bereaved.

3 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by oduaboy1: 8:27am On Dec 30, 2013
Decryptor: You are a full blown Eediot! I have been following your outrageous comments here on NL against Ibos and decided to wait for the right time to strike you and here it is.
When Chinua Achebe died, you made a lot of trashy comments against him, when Ojukwu died, you were abusing him,Peter Obi and the whole of Ndigbo in NL!
Now your cultist prof's daughter is dead and you are attacking someone who is giving his own opinion.
You better shut ur ewedu smelling mouth and stop sounding like someone who is sane cos you are not! Anu mpama nwuru anwu!
Kindly show me where i denigrated the people you listed above as at the time of their death,,Or hold your peace forever...You retardeed product of same sex marriage.
Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by king94(m): 8:31am On Dec 30, 2013
yomexp:
remember that you are under no obligation to reply retards. please take my advice. thanks you
True. But I choose to reply wit no insults. If he keeps up wit d insults, I'd leave him to rant all dai long.
Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by akpomeme(m): 8:32am On Dec 30, 2013
king94: I'd ignore d insults u cast on my person. I'm dejected cos of d comments I'm readin here.

Kk bro...ummm don't mean any offence but just for guys like you to take a dose of what you dish out. When you criticise other people blindly, day of reckoning is always closer than you think.

Look at all the human ills associated with a man you all claim outclassed all known sense of decency.

In every rumour their are atoms of truth. Fact: He has buried three of his kids in the last 5 years. Rumour: this was done as ritual offering and requirement by his idols.

Fact: daughter was bleeping Amaechi
Fact: she took in for Amaechi and relocated to the government house of river state
Fact: she was encouraged to remove the baby and leave the government house because of the heated polity.
Rumour: she died while aborting the poor thing.
Rumour: her dad fathered her living kids
Fact: she was never married because of a jealous dad.

3 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by jesuloba1234(m): 8:32am On Dec 30, 2013
R.I.P, my condolences to the grate prof and the entire family.
Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by Laposky: 8:33am On Dec 30, 2013
pistol: Maybe she went for abortion to abort rotimi Amechi illegimate baby...
Anyway RIP.
Lunatics have taken over Nairaland. Na Ur mama, Grandmother n Great grandmother all together be abortionists. U are a product of a failed and unsuccesful abortion. Must u comment if you've got nothing to say? Must u exhibit ur idiotic tendencies all d time?. Ode oshi.
Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by king94(m): 8:38am On Dec 30, 2013
akpomeme:

Kk bro...ummm don't mean any offence but just for guys like you to take a dose of what you dish out. When you criticise other people blindly, days of reckoning is always closer than you think.

Look at all the human ills associated with a man you all claim outclassed all known sense of decency.

In every rumour their are atoms of truth. Fact: He has buried three of his kids in the last 5 years. Rumour: this was done as ritual offering and requirement by his idols.

Fact: she took in for Amaechi and relocated to the government house of river state
Fact: she was encouraged to remove the baby and leave the government house because of the heated polity.
Fact: Madiba buried 3 of his 4 children from his first marriage. Did he use them as 'rituals' to free SA from apartheid?
A father is mourning nd it won't be best to say he killed his children.
Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by akpomeme(m): 8:39am On Dec 30, 2013
Laposky: Lunatics have taken over Nairaland. Na Ur mama, Grandmother n Great grandmother all together be abortionists. U are a product of a failed and unsuccesful abortion. Must u comment if you've got nothing to say? Must u exhibit ur idiotic tendencies all d time?. Ode oshi.

Since when una dey craze anybody talk. Why u wan follow dem craze dere craze now? Hehehehe

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by rckdude: 8:40am On Dec 30, 2013
gidson12: now all the yorubas here are getting angry over nagative comments here, I want you all to cast your minds back to thread of ojukwus death and remember how you people made a jest of that dead man and showed disrespect to his morning family, was it fair, now feel how it hurts.

nonsense

Ojukwu died, it wasn't his wife nor his children. Besides why should igbos hate Soyinka? Didn't he support the struggle of Biafrans? That said, I still don't think we should talk bad about the dead, be it Ojukwu, Achebe, whoever. We will also die one day.
God bless the souls of the fallen; Ojukwu, Achebe and Iyetade.
Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by oduaboy1: 8:41am On Dec 30, 2013
chino11: But Soyenka is a cultist. Probably used the innocent girl for his yearly rituals..

The old cultist has succeeded in killing three of his children for rituals in the past 5years..
You must think everyone uses his children for ritual like your father.I.diot
Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by yomexp(m): 8:42am On Dec 30, 2013
king94: True. But I choose to reply wit no insults. If he keeps up wit d insults, I'd leave him to rant all dai long.
just ignore henceforth
Re: Wole Soyinka's Daughter (Iyetade) Dies At UCH Ibadan by chino11(m): 8:42am On Dec 30, 2013
I cannot analyze any better these facts you have stated..

akpomeme:

Kk bro...ummm don't mean any offence but just for guys like you to take a dose of what you dish out. When you criticise other people blindly, day of reckoning is always closer than you think.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

DJ Cuppy And Chioma In Bed: Kemi Olunloyo Reacts, Shades Them / Comedian Nedu: DNA Result Exposed Uzoamaka Ohiri, My Ex Wife's Cheating / Obasanjo Is My Father-In-Law - Tonto Dikeh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.