Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,650 members, 7,816,665 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss (11646 Views)

Man Who Accusd Ex EFCC Chief Of Diverting 1trn Recoverd Assets Sentenced To 3yrs / Nigerian Army Demotes Enitan Ransome-Kuti, Late Fela’s Nephew / Letter To President Buhari Warns Against EFCC Boss Lamorde And Senator Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by BigB11(m): 4:11pm On Aug 06, 2008
He should just resign. Am sure international security bodies will pick him up. He is a man of integrity and hardwork
You think so?

FYI: international security bodies will never pick up anything that is directly connected to OBJ shady regime.

Sorry, I thought everyone knew this.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by fasfem: 4:12pm On Aug 06, 2008
what shit are u talking about a man that disgrace his superiors even an IGP and u are crying for his demotion.Infact okiro hasnt done anytin he should be demoted to the rank of corporal and be posted to iraq to be deleted. grin
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by presido1: 4:13pm On Aug 06, 2008
fasfem:

what shit are u talking about a man that disgrace his superiors even an IGP and u are crying for his demotion.Infact okiro hasnt done anytin he should be demoted to the rank of corporal and be posted to iraq to be deleted[b][/b]. grin
Oboy you mean ooh grin grin grin
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by eminemkayc: 4:19pm On Aug 06, 2008
THIS IS WHERE JAMES ONANEFE IBORI STORED NIGERIA'S EARNINGS!! IN HIS PRIVATE LAIR shocked shocked grin grin grin!
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by BigB11(m): 4:19pm On Aug 06, 2008
What do you expect? I pity him sha, really he is a man of integrity but Na Naija We dey!

Absolutely no need to waste your time feeling bad; the man was told many times to be very careful being used by OBJ. He ignored all obvious signs.
I think he clearly understood what he was getting himself into, but did not understand that Nigeria did not belong to him or OBJ.
Nigeria is a nation not a village and EFCC chairman position is simply a REPLACEABLE POSITION that goes and comes.

And FYI and for the record: ATIKU discovered him (Ribadu) and brought him to the limelight.

You must never bite the fingers that feed you.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by MCUsman(m): 4:20pm On Aug 06, 2008
Have anyone thought of the officers that suddenly realized that there juniors in the force have ascended to a higher rank just Bcoz of sheer favoritism.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by BigB11(m): 4:26pm On Aug 06, 2008
Have anyone thought of the officers that suddenly realized that there juniors in the force have ascended to a higher rank just Bcoz of sheer favoritism.

Good point!
You're the man.

This was exactly what was going on. Infact few officers that were dispatched to support Ribadu's shady operations were also living large.
They completely stopped following the standard police force protocols, they were very disrespectful towards their seniors officers that were left behind and Mr. Ribadu clearly condoned all this illegal/ unprofessional action.

They thought they were untouchable.
They also illegally made more money than the rest.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by BigB11(m): 4:29pm On Aug 06, 2008
Ehindero (the jellyfish) did not bother to reinforce the protocol, because he was also busy eating government pepper soup at that same period.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by dudubobo1: 4:31pm On Aug 06, 2008
It's a real pity.

Maybe he had dinner with the devil
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by BigB11(m): 4:33pm On Aug 06, 2008
Yes, I think so!
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by oludayo20(m): 4:36pm On Aug 06, 2008
@Big B1.
I guess you must have something personal against Ribadu,with the way you've been attacking the guy,right left and centre,any rational thinking human being will know that Ribadu did what was right though with minor hitches,and any body that must clean up Nigeria will definitely step on toes,e.g Nafdac Boss etc,even  you being the most righteous Nigerian can't do half of what the poor guy has done,and yes obasanjo appointed him,was it not the same obasanjo that appointed the current world bank MD as finance minister,and also Nafdac boss etc,it is on record that obasanjo was able to gather together some of the best personalities in this country to his adminstration,and they all did their best.Please my advice to you is to try and reason logically,and and not be rash in your judgements,its people like you that create problem for Nigeria.Ribadu should be celebrated and not castigated.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by nalijah07(f): 4:41pm On Aug 06, 2008
If he were in bed with the government and could be brought, he would have still held his position.

He said in an interview last month that he receives bribes and death threats all the time. He said that the bribers have been prosecuted, or something to that effect.

They never expected him to walk the chalk line,  instead they thought they could use him to their advantage. When this failed, they had a change of heart.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by BigB11(m): 4:55pm On Aug 06, 2008
I guess you must have something personal against Ribadu,with the way you've been attacking the guy,right left and centre
Your guess is wrong and baseless.
Make no mistake about it, I truly admire the man and he remains one of my favorite Nigerians; but Nigerians must learn how to do what is right legally or accordingly.
I refuse to celebrate a pure failure.

My beef with Ribadu is the fact that the man is so intelligent, but at the same time allowed himself to be used cheaply.
We looked up to him but he intentionally deceived Nigerians and let us down face down.

As soon as Nigerians are bold and smart enough to be able to simply differentiate between success and failure, Nigeria as a nation will be a better place for you and myself.

I'm sorry, I don't give kudos to just anyone for just anything.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by CyberG: 5:00pm On Aug 06, 2008
Nigeria is the biggest loser in this case, and guess what Nigerian leadership is the biggest joke and Yaradua is the Chief Idiot! I knew this from the time he bribed his way into winning at the Election Tribunal.

Ribadu has done a whole lot more than the bunch of idiots in a lifetime and if I may advise him: finish the course he is doing and resign immediately. He doesn't need a Police job to feed himself or his family, haba! Like the norm, another truly smart and bright Nigerian mind has been denied making useful contribution to Nigeria, you can be sure he would do well as a private lawyer or international appointments with the UN or any of its organs.

And to the death, Nigeria is bent on going with Yaradua's idiotic 7-'pain-in-the-ass' agenda! Indeed Nigeria would be nowhere to be found even in the comity of the most useless nations by 2020 - courtesy of Nigerian leadership!
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by BigB11(m): 5:03pm On Aug 06, 2008
Here we go with another winner!

Yaradua is the Chief Idiot! I knew this from the time he bribed his way into winning at the Election Tribunal.

And did Yar'Adua give the bride to Ribadu?
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by emmydee(m): 5:05pm On Aug 06, 2008
I dont pity him. Obasanjo did a lot of rubbish during his last days. Ribadu's promotion to AIG, was just one of those nonsense Obj did then.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by skeletine(m): 5:11pm On Aug 06, 2008
@Big B1
It is very obvious you are uninformed and possibly demented. How could a nation be so violently raped and you can celebrate? How could the few guys who has little credibility in them get so thrown about and its like your birthday? Get this, If you were Ribadu and you have a president for a boss, what better could this lousy you have done? Well, I'm glad they're playing their cards and unfortunately for their weak minds, they could not even put up a blind, they are dancing in the open and now we know that rule of law has both english and hausa meanings, will somebody translate it for me in hausa? I'm sure the meaning in english is different. Saraki, Ibori, Odili, Akume - lets go! Its time to celebrate if y'all are in town to pop the wines afterall y'all have your passports to the world now. Diplomatic ones for that matter
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by oludayo20(m): 5:14pm On Aug 06, 2008
I forsee another season of waste,another tenure of backwardness,everyday I see history being written concerning my beloved country Nigeria,History of evil vices e.g corruption leading to massive unemployment,absence of basic amenities,yet there people at the helm of affairs writing this evil history that our children both born and unborn will come to witness,why can't we do something to re write our history for the sake of unborn Nigerian.why are we ''siddon look''and allowing generations to be wasted away,it's in our hand to change history,only if we're willing.let's rescue Nigeria from this cabal bent on destroying our future.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by BigB11(m): 5:15pm On Aug 06, 2008
I forsee another season of waste,another tenure of backwardness

Let me help you guys!

Instead of incorrectly pointing fingers everywhere, I think obj should be blamed for:

1. Intentionally deceiving Nigerians by implementing a fake war against corruption.
2. Intentionally setting up a do or die (failed) presidential election.
3. Setting a terrible examples for the governors during his regime.
4. sabotaging a bright career of a young man (Ribadu).
5. Intentionally creating or leaving behind unnecessary confusion.
6. And still having the audacity to want to be involved.

If you can not see where our problems in Nigeria today are coming from, I'm not sure if you'll ever see anything else for the rest of your life.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by skeletine(m): 5:18pm On Aug 06, 2008
@BG B1
Why not simply shut up and hide your ignorance? you are so empty! Phew!!!
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by memento: 5:23pm On Aug 06, 2008
One source within the Police High Command wondered why a PSC which was not on ground when Ribadu was promoted to his present rank would wake up suddenly to demote him.
“It smacks of victimisation or attempt to bring down Ribadu at all cost,” he said.
There is also the question of what becomes of the NIPPS course that the former EFCC boss will finish in November.
The NIPPS course is meant for police officers from CP level and above and Ribadu was AIG when he enlisted.
The source said: “I don’t want to be dragged into any controversy. But I can tell you categorically that though the process with which Ribadu got his promotions may be faulty. He was promoted from the rank of an Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) to AIG in a spate of less than five years. But notwithstanding that, the PSC did not do a perfect job at all. They should know that a DCP is not supposed to attend NIPPS and in three months’ time, November, to be precise, the man will graduate from NIPPS. So, what becomes of his course?”.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=118935
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by BigB11(m): 5:23pm On Aug 06, 2008
If you were Ribadu and you have a president for a boss, what better could this lousy you have done

I would first solidify my base, publicly step down, relocate to other country for few years, while I write books that translate my reasons for stepping down.

This move keeps my integrity intact and gives me a chance to return some day and even run for the presidential position.

In a nation where too many are too corrupt for too long, you can never and will never win without revising the constitution.
It is that simple!
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by BigB11(m): 5:25pm On Aug 06, 2008
@BG B1
Why not simply shut up and hide your ignorance? you are so empty! Phew!!!

lol

You're a good man indeed.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by oludayo20(m): 5:30pm On Aug 06, 2008
@Big B1
I could see properly now that obasanjo is actually your problem(main problem),and this has somehow beclouded your reasoning faculty,I think it's high time you grow up and accept issues the way they are.Please do grow up and think!you need this.
Big B1:

Let me help you guys!

Instead of incorrectly pointing fingers everywhere, I think obj should be blamed for:

1. Intentionally deceiving Nigerians by implementing a fake war against corruption.
2. Intentionally setting up a do or die (failed) presidential election.
3. Setting a terrible examples for the governors during his regime.
4. sabotaging a bright career of a young man (Ribadu).
5. Intentionally creating or leaving behind unnecessary confusion.
6. And still having the audacity to want to be involved.

If you can not see where our problems in Nigeria today are coming from, I'm not sure if you'll ever see anything else for the rest of your life.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by youngies(m): 5:32pm On Aug 06, 2008
emmydee:

I don't pity him. Obasanjo did a lot of rubbish during his last days. Ribadu's promotion to AIG, was just one of those nonsense Obj did then.

Why is it so easy for everyone to attack the effect and not the cause. The achievements of Ribadu no matter how hard people like Big B1 try to discredit it, has already entered the folklore of Nigeria's history. He has stamped his feet on the sands of time. Like him or hate him, you can't ignore him.

I encourage Mr. Nuhu not to give in to resignation like some people are advocating, he should stand and fight for what he believes in. He will fight better from the inside than the outside. It can't get worse than this, what else can they do? Demote him to a coporal or fire him? or better still kill him, then they will make a martar out of him. Which ever way they must lose.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by sharpman1(m): 5:34pm On Aug 06, 2008
We simply have leaders who do not have any form of direction.

They then hide their incompetence under the rule of law.

I can't wait for this tenure to end so that we can get over this waste of time quickly.

I only hope they won't rig the next set of elections so that we won't need to endure more years of mediocrity.

These people are driving me crazy.  angry
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by BigB11(m): 5:34pm On Aug 06, 2008
@Big B1
I could see properly now that obasanjo is actually your problem(main problem),and this has somehow beclouded your reasoning faculty,I think it's high time you grow up and accept issues the way they are.Please do grow up and think!you need this

Oludayo or whatever you call yourself; I will advise you to focus more on the subject.
Big B1 did not demote Ribadu, nor he's the governor of your village.

You should take your advise back to them in your village!
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by olukunle: 5:37pm On Aug 06, 2008
Why are people making noise about the guy's demotion? Was it not from DC that he was promoted to AIG in the first place? Is that how it is done?

Was it not under his leadership at EFCC dt people like Obasanjo and his men and daughter and sons cleaned out the treasury?
As far as I am concerned, Ribadu is just like any other corrupt officer that was a tool in Obasanjo's hands to terrorise his opponents.

Good riddance to bad rubbish
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by BigB11(m): 5:38pm On Aug 06, 2008
I only hope they won't rig the next set of elections so that we won't need to endure more years of mediocrity
In fact, Ribadu was part of the crew that rigged this past election.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by BigB11(m): 5:38pm On Aug 06, 2008
Why are people making noise about the guy's demotion? Was it not from DC that he was promoted to AIG in the first place? Is that how it is done?

Was it not under his leadership at EFCC dt people like Obasanjo and his men and daughter and sons cleaned out the treasury?
As far as I am concerned, Ribadu is just like any other corrupt officer that was a tool in Obasanjo's hands to terrorise his opponents.

Good riddance to bad rubbish

Totally agree!
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by otokx(m): 5:39pm On Aug 06, 2008
what is all the hullaboo about?
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by youngies(m): 5:42pm On Aug 06, 2008
Big B1:

In fact, Ribadu was part of the crew that rigged this past election.

You can't see beyond your Ribadu hate filled eyes, can you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bill Gates Visits GEJ (Pictures) / Gov Ugwuanyi Pictured During Door-to-door Campaign / Tribunal Affirms Obaseki As Governor, Dismisses ADP, 2 Other Petitions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.