Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,593 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss (11644 Views)

Man Who Accusd Ex EFCC Chief Of Diverting 1trn Recoverd Assets Sentenced To 3yrs / Nigerian Army Demotes Enitan Ransome-Kuti, Late Fela’s Nephew / Letter To President Buhari Warns Against EFCC Boss Lamorde And Senator Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by BigB11(m): 5:44pm On Aug 06, 2008
The achievements of Ribadu no matter how hard people like Big B1 try to discredit it,

You see, this is the problem here; folks are too damn emotional and find it difficult to think clearly.

There is nobody discrediting Ribadu's accomplishment, but Ribadu himself (if he has one).
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by BigB11(m): 5:46pm On Aug 06, 2008
You can't see beyond your Ribadu hate filled eyes, can you?

I will never hate anyone.
Please, let us focus on the subject.

The man was illegally promoted and he was also finally brought back down.

What exactly is the problem here? and where is the hate?
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by sharpman1(m): 5:51pm On Aug 06, 2008
Big B1:

In fact, Ribadu was part of the crew that rigged this past election.

Ribadu?  The same Ribadu that openly criticized the GARRISON COMMANDER OF IBADAN and his god son before the elections?

Big B1, you certainly DO NOT know what has been happening.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by SegzyJoe(m): 5:53pm On Aug 06, 2008
@Mckren
I totally agree with you on "Presidential Order" sometimes am pissed off by comments on this forum, some posters often argued with strains on issues they know next to nothing.

The presidential system has a very powerful executive presidency, the president is the commander in chief of all the the security forces, in this sysyem one of the sources of law is a 'presidential proclamation or pronouncement' and for that matter the president can promote any officer in all the military and para-military forces by mere pronouncement. A General can promote any officer in his command by mere pronouncement how much more the C-in C

Again, Is Ribadu a political hunt dog? No I disagree,  he may have carried out his duty with much zeal and youthful excuberance but to say he's only against Obj enemies is insincerity, except somebody can convince me that Alams, Ibori, Dariye, Fayose,Lucky and host of others did not went away with public fund.

It is pathetic that the post-independence generation of Nigerian leaders have brought collateral damage to this nation, but I'am saddened that the mindset of majority of people in my generation is by far below average. I wonder what the future holds for Nigeria.

I also agree with a poster that say Yar Adua does not have "Dignity" I think he lack Character, Fortitude, Wisdom and Discreation.

God Save NIGERIA !
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by BigB11(m): 5:53pm On Aug 06, 2008
The same Ribadu that openly criticized the GARRISON COMMANDER OF IBADAN and his god son[b] before the elections[/b]
And then what happened?
And where is this God son today?
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by BigB11(m): 5:58pm On Aug 06, 2008
@Mckren
I totally agree with you on "Presidential Order" sometimes am pissed off by comments on this forum, some posters often argued with strains on issues they know next to nothing.

The presidential system has a very powerful executive presidency, the president is the commander in chief of all the the security forces, in this sysyem one of the sources of law is a 'presidential proclamation or pronouncement' and for that matter the president can promote any officer in all the military and para-military forces by mere pronouncement. A General can promote any officer in his command by mere pronouncement how much more the C-in C

Again, Is Ribadu a political hunt dog? No I disagree,  he may have carried out his duty with much zeal and youthful excuberance but to say he's only against Obj enemies is insincerity, except somebody can convince me that Alams, Ibori, Dariye, Fayose,Lucky and host of others did not went away with public fund.

It is pathetic that the post-independence generation of Nigerian leaders have brought collateral damage to this nation, but I'am saddened that the mindset of majority of people in my generation is by far below average. I wonder what the future holds for Nigeria.

I also agree with a poster that say Yar Adua does not have "Dignity" I think he lack Character, Fortitude, Wisdom and Discreation.

God Save NIGERIA !
You sound just like my good friend, McKren.

A very stimulating bright post indeed.

"I agree"
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by youngies(m): 6:01pm On Aug 06, 2008
I really do not know how many aeons it will take Big B1 to accept the fact that his gawd father IBB will never rule this country again. His main grouse has always been hinged on the fact IBB's presidential ambition was twarted by combined efforts of OBJ, PDP, the Civil Society, and Mr. Ribadu giving them tacit support.

Anything that has the signature of either OBJ or Ribadu must be smeared at all cost whether right or wrong. The mind set of Big B1 at this moment is not different with that of Ibori, Saraki, Odili, Andoaka and their likes.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by sharpman1(m): 6:03pm On Aug 06, 2008
Big B1:

You sound just like my good friend, McKren.

A very stimulating bright post indeed.

"I agree"

I don't get it.

Which part of the post do you agree with?

Except I've not been reading your previous posts properly.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by BigB11(m): 6:09pm On Aug 06, 2008
really do not know how many aeons it will take Big B1 to accept the fact that his gawd father IBB will never rule this country again. His main grouse has always been hinged on the fact IBB's presidential ambition was twarted by combined efforts of OBJ, PDP, the Civil Society, and Mr. Ribadu giving them tacit support.

Anything that has the signature of either OBJ or Ribadu must be smeared at all cost whether right or wrong. The mind set of Big B1 at this moment is not different with that of Ibori, Saraki, Odili, Andoaka and their likes.

That was a low blow and absolutely unnecessary.

I will rest my case and allow you guys to cry a little longer while Ribadu continues to hide from being arrested    pack up his shit and return back to his village.

All joke aside, believe it or not, Ribadu is still one of my favorite Nigerians and this will remain so forever.
I wish the man the best.

It is always better to do what is right legally or accordingly.

May God bless Nigeria!
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by dayokanu(m): 6:11pm On Aug 06, 2008
This Ribadu was given a fast tracked promotion cos he was doing the biddings of his mentor OBJ who used the EFCC to clamp down on his opponent while his son , Daughter and Himself(Power probe) were stealing from Nigeria silly.

So why the uproar if he was brought back to his normal place.  I was screaming that the  selective justice would come  back to haunt him.

See El Rufai has been banned from holding Public office.

I still predict that Ribadu would go to jail.  

Let me ask where are the Atiku's that he was hounding about? How come he was blind to Iyabo, Gbenga and OBJ himself.

Good Riddance to Ribadu rubbish
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by goggoji(m): 6:28pm On Aug 06, 2008
if Ribadu's promotion is reversed then i propose that PSC go through all the promotion via fiat done in this country: Chioma Ajunwa redeally comes to mine and what of others promoted via fiat and on telly for fighting crime and one for good performance at a police parade (in Kogi state I think). What of the Military, General Musa Yaradua comes to mind. He was made a General at 45 skipping a handfull of ranks so are Generals Babangida, Buhari etc.

Couldn't the PSC ratify the decision of the COMMANDER IN CHIEF on the account of the then's President's judgement of Ribadu's performance?

The timing of this reversal stinks. The story is out that the SSS are hunting for him.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by Mamajama(m): 6:44pm On Aug 06, 2008
@ goggoji well said, if we can all recalled, BABANGIDA promoted himself from major general to general of the Nigerian Army. Was due process followed?

Who are all this politicians deceiving? RIbadu steps on many toes and one of the toes he stepped on was TAFA BALOGUN
OKIRO is TAFA BOY and they will do anything to ridicule RIBADU.

@BIGB1 the best is yet to come. Stay tune as OkiRO and Yar Adull are setting themselves up for distruction.

Do you also know yar Adua Approved the NIPS course for Ribadu only to approved his demotion in less than 3 months to his graduation.

The 9 months Ribadu spent in Jos was a waste because anyone under the rank of DCP is not qualified to attend those courses.

@BigB1 just stay tune as the drama unfolds, Ribadu will have the last laugh

FYI I stopped participating in this forum mealy because of clowns like BIGB1 who thinks the best thing Nigerian ever saw was IBB AKA toothless general
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by MCUsman(m): 6:45pm On Aug 06, 2008
angry angry angrySpecial promotion or Special my ass angry angry angry angry
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by sibrahim1(m): 6:48pm On Aug 06, 2008
ribadu, hahahhahah, even if you decieve many nigerians with your arrest and criminal investigations here and there,thats definitely not me.

i guess ribadu is reaping what he has sown, bet you,when he was the boss of efcc,he was acting under the command of someone, and now that he his not,i think humilation upon humilation will come, simply because the people who are truelly corr, pt and never wanted any thing good for this country never went to jail, they are still there using our money to run politicso, now that he has no godfather again,i think there will be no influence on his promotion, hahahhahahah!!!!!
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by tjay007: 6:49pm On Aug 06, 2008
hey people! good day to you all. I heard this news just this morning and it didnt come to me as a suprise at all coz i had always seen it coming. firstly, during obj's regime at the point when ribadu was appointed chairman of the efcc, he did a good job clamping down on corrupt officials and citizens. he started sketching the plan of his downfall when he allowed obj use him and the efcc as a weapon to deal with all his political opponents and those not loyal to him. if we do recall before and during the elections, some aspirants were @ one time or the other arrested by the efcc. I do agree that some the people arrested are corrupt but then the question is, what do we say of mr obj who was directing him at the time? innocent? now after obj handed over governance to yara dua many issues were raised as to mismanagements and stuff like that, why didnt ribadu at least invite obj for questioning? another question is, was ribadu doing all the arresting and probing based on his oath to fight corruption or on obj's instruction. many things happened during obj's regime to which ribadu should have intervened but he waved it as if it was nothing because they were perpetuated by obj's loyalist e.g the crisis @ oyo with dat late old man & the one @ anambra with chris uba & ngige to mention a few. If you watch closely you'd see that most of those people who were been arrested at the time were those who were not on obj's side.
 i bet he saw how obj waved his invitation on an important issue during a hearing with the wave of the hand. nemesis is going to catch up with obj but like other fallen strong men like sadaam his aides & alies will fall first. keep ur fingers crossed as we havent seen nothin yet.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by BigB11(m): 6:54pm On Aug 06, 2008
FYI  I stopped participating in this forum mealy because of clowns like BIGB1 who thinks the best thing Nigerian ever saw was IBB  AKA toothless general

Absolutely false statement.

You only stopped at this time because your folks at home are going through hell.
The stage is fragile and very unpredictable, hence it makes no sense for you to come here like you used to do to post the pictures of Ehindero houses.
In fact, another family member of yours was also brought down (demoted) just last night.

So, my friend save your face for those who do not understand your mentality and shoddy ways.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by tmustmk: 6:56pm On Aug 06, 2008
Ribadu got what he deserved. He served as Obj’s Stooge so what do you expect? What good did Ribadu do? Clamping down on anti Objs only, please save me the Ribadu pity! Serves him right and more awaits him if he does not resign. Stupid Police man
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by IncaGold(m): 7:03pm On Aug 06, 2008
Pure vendatta! the poor guy was only doing his job. now our beloved country has victimized him
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by Uche2nna(m): 7:10pm On Aug 06, 2008
He who dines with the devil (no matter how saintly U are) should do so with a long spoon. Ribadu just paid the price.
I acknowledge his accomplishments but due to his association with Obj there is always gonna be questions on some of his activities.

I think if due process was not followed in giving him the double promotion, then Ribadu should be the first person to protest against it. Aint he the EFCC chairman then? I thought ensuring due process was carried out was part of his portfolio undecided
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by presido1: 7:16pm On Aug 06, 2008
What a silly post, if the president can do the highlighted the same president can as well undo the highlighted. Why then are you having erection.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by gabelogan(m): 7:17pm On Aug 06, 2008
the fact that ribadu acted as OBJ's guard dog is a fact, he had no choice but to do the bidding of his master. we all know that he who pays the piper dictates the tune. OBJ was his paymaaster, as such, he had to do OBJ'S bidding

notwithstanding, he did his job with a lot of zeal and energy. he managed to put fear in the minds of many nigerians and he was regarded even beyond the shores of nigeria. after OBJ's exit, he went after and successfully prosecuted a handfull of corrupt state govenors and government officials and he was investigating with the aim of prosecuting more of them

there is no doubt that his demotion and his imminent arrest is politically motivated.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by BigB11(m): 7:18pm On Aug 06, 2008
I think if due process was not followed in giving him the double promotion, then Ribadu should be the first person to protest against it. Aint he the EFCC chairman then? I thought ensuring due process was carried out was part of his portfolio  

I agree!

This is one of the reasons why I think Ribadu enjoyed or misses or wants the power more than anything else.
A man of integrity would have handled the situation much better and differently.

Don't you think so?
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by TheJoker1(m): 7:21pm On Aug 06, 2008
Big B1:

It is always better to do what is right legally or accordingly.

That gangan is the summary of the whole koko. While i also agree Ribadu is one of a few kind, if he had told Obj, "oga whlie i appreciate your wanting to promote me in your appreciation of my loyalty to the nation and to you, i would prefer we follow  procedure and do things the right way", but no, he did not, because somewhere inside his mortal man self he was enjoying the unprecedented power and sadly getting drunk on it. So what do we have today, due process has returned to bite his backside sad as it may be, after all his effort in the fight against curruption. Sad, but na him do imself.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by BigB11(m): 7:21pm On Aug 06, 2008
the fact that ribadu acted as OBJ's guard dog is a fact, he had no choice but to do the bidding of his master.
I totally disagree.

There are many folks all around the world today (the real men of integrity) that live outside their country simply because they refuse to sell themselves cheaply.
Ribadu should have publicly stepped down and save his career and the value of his integrity
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by Uche2nna(m): 7:21pm On Aug 06, 2008
presido1:

quote What a silly post, if the president can do the highlighted the same president can as well undo the highlighted. Why then are you having erection.

I thot I was the only on e who noticed that he just contradicted himself  grin
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by Mamajama(m): 7:24pm On Aug 06, 2008
It's sad to see Nigerians accept this type of injustice.  How can a service commission that was set up in April 15th  decide on the promotion that was instituted before they were commissioned?

This is personal vendetta and we all know.  AS for you BIGB1  I was on vacation sipping Bahama mama with sexy seductive Brazilians.  I choose not to waste my time with Nigerian politics any more because that country is hopeless and does not know how to credit hard working citizens.

Can we go back in history and revert the promotion of BABANGIDA and his crooks  to general?
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by BigB11(m): 7:28pm On Aug 06, 2008
AS for you BIGB1  I was on vacation sipping Bahama mama with sexy seductive Brazilians.  I choose not to waste my time with Nigerian politics any more because that country is hopeless and does not know how to credit hard working citizens.

I'm very impressed; I hope you had a great time.

Any pictures from your vacation you would like to share?
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by presido1: 7:28pm On Aug 06, 2008
Uche2nna:

I thot I was the only on e who noticed that he just contradicted himself  grin
My brother don't mind these guys, from this forum we can smell how our leaders of tomorrow will misrule us.
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by gabelogan(m): 7:29pm On Aug 06, 2008
Big B1:

I totally disagree.

There are many folks all around the world today (the real men of integrity) that live outside their country simply because they refuse to sell themselves cheaply.
Ribadu should have publicly stepped down and save his career and the value of his integrity

you know in nigeria, things are not done conventionally. you have to bend

but u'll have to agree with me that ribadu loved his job and he did it well, especially after OBJ's tenure
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by rasputinn(m): 7:31pm On Aug 06, 2008
Big B1:
What is your point

Duhhhh

Presido1:
grin grin grin

Bigger duhhhhhh

[quote author]
Don't you understand parable
[quote][/quote]

wink wink wink
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by Uche2nna(m): 7:34pm On Aug 06, 2008
Mamajama:

This is personal vendetta and we all know.  

Kinda sounds familiar to me  grin  Unless if U are telling me that Ribadu NEVER used his office to carry out some form of vendetta on Baba's detractors.

Ribadu was doubly promoted without due process.
Ribadu now is demoted maybe without due process . I dont know what the hue and cry is all about  

Last I heard, two negatives make one positive  grin
Re: Police Demotes Ribadu- Ex Efcc Boss by rasputinn(m): 7:37pm On Aug 06, 2008
Nobody is saying any unmeritted/irregular status elevation should not be corrected,hence I didn't dwell exclusively on the topic per se,I only drew correlating analogies.You may not catch the drift if you just read my post on the surface,look deeper and more intellectually

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

House of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Governance Bill / Senate Summons Emefiele, Others Over Bank Charges / Women Farmers Urge FG To Return Jonathan’s GES Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.