Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,388 members, 7,822,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu - Properties (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu (163500 Views)

How We Built "The Coffee Shop" / The Luxury Hotel Owned By Kaduna Commercial Transport Workers (Photos) / Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by barakah(m): 7:00am On Nov 30, 2014
spyder880:
We are hanging them all now.

Oga Spyder, please can we have an idea of the cost of wiring this building?
Brand of materials used and price of wires ( Black and red).
I'm trying to avoid being ripped off on a quote i got for a twin two bedroom bungalow.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 8:12am On Nov 30, 2014
barakah:

Oga Spyder, please can we have an idea of the cost of wiring this building?
Brand of materials used and price of wires ( Black and red).
I'm trying to avoid being ripped off on a quote i got for a twin two bedroom bungalow.

Although I cannot remember the exact figures because its been some months back but the cost of wires for this house is slightly above N2 million naira. Maybe I will dig around for the quantities later. We used Nigerian wires, Cutix and Cometstar brands.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by PRODUTIM1(m): 9:44pm On Dec 04, 2014
Nice 1 man

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:31am On Dec 05, 2014
We have made some aluminium sunbreaker shield for the cover of our plumbing works, this will hide it from public view.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:40am On Dec 05, 2014
We are already making some paints for use in this house. Cyntex paints is going to be used here,

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:44am On Dec 05, 2014
As the exchange rate for naira:dollar is rising against the Naira, prices of materials are starting to rise, we bought these boards for almost 20% above its previous rates.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:47am On Dec 05, 2014
We have mounted a work bench to cut the boards into sizes

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:49am On Dec 05, 2014
Work dey go.........

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:54am On Dec 05, 2014
Some of the sliced boards. .......

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 12:12pm On Dec 05, 2014
We are starting the painting of this house from the under decking, white emulsion work.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Onuokwu: 7:33pm On Dec 05, 2014
spyder880:
We have mounted a work bench to cut the boards into sizes

These boards look neat. Spyderman, Is there a way they can be used for doors instead of/or in addition to the regular wood to give doors a better finish?

Waiting and watching to see how final outcome looks like...
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by keziah123: 8:15am On Dec 06, 2014
spyder880:
Almost done round the whole fence.
oga spyder good morn sir. No be small thing o. The house has taken shape. Abeg how much did the barb wire cost and what quantity did u use.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by PeoplesArmy: 11:35am On Dec 06, 2014
spyder880:
We have made some aluminium sunbreaker shield for the cover of our plumbing works, this will hide it from public view.

Interesting. Please remember to post pictures when this is mounted. Abeg, I go like to see am.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by barakah(m): 4:50pm On Dec 06, 2014
Please house, I got this estimate from my bricklayer for the plastering and German floor of my twin two bed room building.
Although I raised eyebrows about it I still went ahead with the work.
Please i need your eagle eyes to help vet the figures
Cement – 65 Bags N100,750
Granite stone – 2 truckloads N 64,000
Plaster sand 3 truck loads N 33,000
Sharp sand 3 truckloads N30,000
Workmanship and labor N 250,000
Grand total N 477,750
Presently, 39 bags of cement has been used up for plastering alone
Wonder if 26 bags will be enough to make strong German floor for the house or if it means I’ll exceed my budget for the work.
Please advice on the rates and quantities quoted by the bricklayer.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by kopell: 10:05pm On Dec 06, 2014
Why not post the job they did so people can help you.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:19pm On Dec 06, 2014
PeoplesArmy:

Interesting. Please remember to post pictures when this is mounted. Abeg, I go like to see am.

I will, I am only waiting for them the complete the plumbing works then we can hang these into position.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:21pm On Dec 06, 2014
We worked on the wardrobe and kitchen cabinet units today.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:23pm On Dec 06, 2014
Even as we paint more ceilings

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by bugmenot: 9:06pm On Dec 07, 2014
Oga Spyder, Do you mind sharing the cost of the aluminum sunbreakers? What of the wardrobes and kitchen cabinets?
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 9:11pm On Dec 07, 2014
spyder880:

Please show us how this is done when finished.. and the cost will be appreciated too. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 07, 2014
Oga spyder what the total budget up to this Point?
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:06am On Dec 08, 2014
bugmenot:
Oga Spyder, Do you mind sharing the cost of the aluminum sunbreakers? What of the wardrobes and kitchen cabinets?

timothy001:
Oga spyder what the total budget up to this Point?

Okay, I will ask my client for permission to release the costs. Thanks.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:08am On Dec 08, 2014
Updates this morning, we worked all through the weekend and have completed all the painting for the ceilings. ......

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:10am On Dec 08, 2014
Very soon we shall start hanging our ceiling lighting fittings in this house.......

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:22am On Dec 08, 2014
We have cut up most of the wardrobe and kitchen cabinet units ready for installation, but the painters have to paint the walls before we start fitting them.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:26am On Dec 08, 2014
And so I am making sure the painting is hastened up, I have seen that they put more men on the job.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by tranxo(m): 11:28am On Dec 08, 2014
spyder880:
Very soon we shall start hanging our ceiling lighting fittings in this house.......
is it my eyes or......? That curve doesn't look good.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 2:30pm On Dec 08, 2014
tranxo:
is it my eyes or......? That curve doesn't look good.

They are good curves but not on a gentle slope, I will picture it again when I get back to the site.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 3:28pm On Dec 10, 2014
We have tested some of the paints we might use inside the rooms on the wall as samples. ..........

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 3:30pm On Dec 10, 2014
Closer on the colours. .....

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 3:57pm On Dec 10, 2014
We have been working to set up a solid foundation base for our tank stands.........

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 3:59pm On Dec 10, 2014
We have started painting the walls of the inner rooms......

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (50) (Reply)

How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? / Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) / Noisy Sex: The Notice A Landlord Pasted At His House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.