Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,701 members, 7,955,644 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:52 AM

How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu - Properties (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu (166079 Views)

How We Built "The Coffee Shop" / The Luxury Hotel Owned By Kaduna Commercial Transport Workers (Photos) / Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:54am On Nov 21, 2014
The toilet facilities were bought yesterday.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:55am On Nov 21, 2014
Toilet seats, tanks, pedestal etc.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:57am On Nov 21, 2014
Ariston water heaters, 30 litres.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:59am On Nov 21, 2014
We are going to return these, I needed new kitchen sink and they sent these second hand ones.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 12:01pm On Nov 21, 2014
We have blown open the fence to enable us mount the second gate.........

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 12:03pm On Nov 21, 2014
Of course my plumbers are here and are fitting all the toilet seats.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by janykute: 12:04pm On Nov 21, 2014
spyder880:
We are going to return these, I needed new kitchen sink and they sent these second hand ones.
But Spyder my plumber told me that the second hand(Belgium)is stronger and last longer than the new ones.How true is that?
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 12:20pm On Nov 21, 2014
janykute:

But Spyder my plumber told me that the second hand(Belgium)is stronger and last longer than the new ones.How true is that?

I mentioned it here in the earlier pages, the second hand is stronger, costlier but not glittering like new ones. I think my client asked for new ones, will call him to verify.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 12:39pm On Nov 21, 2014
Still fixing. ......

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 12:40pm On Nov 21, 2014
The details. .......

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Onuokwu: 2:07pm On Nov 21, 2014
spyder880:
The details. .......

House don set finish. Baba God a beg I need money to express my design creativity in building a house.

Kudos to Spyder and landlord. Una dey try.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 2:32pm On Nov 21, 2014
Onuokwu:

House don set finish. Baba God a beg I need money to express my design creativity in building a house.

Kudos to Spyder and landlord. Una dey try.

Loading. ..... the interlock, the tank stand, the flowers and the painting. .......
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mikeokiro: 6:39pm On Nov 21, 2014
spyder880:
We have blown open the fence to enable us mount the second gate.........

@ spyder880, can't somebody use a solid 9" or 6" blocks and lay them horizontally on the foundation floor of the fence after excavation to use them as foundation footing of the fence instead of casting the floor with concrete ? have u seen it done before or ever done it urself ? isn't it a better and cost effective way to minimise the cost of the fence, what do u see the idea ?
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 3:05pm On Nov 22, 2014
mikeokiro:

@ spyder880, can't somebody use a solid 9" or 6" blocks and lay them horizontally on the foundation floor of the fence after excavation to use them as foundation footing of the fence instead of casting the floor with concrete ? have u seen it done before or ever done it urself ? isn't it a better and cost effective way to minimise the cost of the fence, what do u see the idea ?

I have seen it done in many places but I have never done so myself in any of my projects. I think you should consult a building engineer or a relevant professional to take a good look at your land before you conclude. Thanks.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:27pm On Nov 22, 2014
We have stood the new gate today, waiting to cast it with concrete.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:28pm On Nov 22, 2014
More works going on inside. .......

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:33pm On Nov 22, 2014
We have started production of the interlocking stones for this compound today.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:36pm On Nov 22, 2014
Freshly prepared. ......

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:37pm On Nov 22, 2014
The ones made last week.......

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:41pm On Nov 22, 2014
More. ......

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:44pm On Nov 22, 2014
Kerbs, etc.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 8:56pm On Nov 22, 2014
spyder880:
Kerbs, etc.

Did you made your own Kerbs too or you bought it? If bought, how much each and the size. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by gtrust: 9:49pm On Nov 22, 2014
Oga Spyder, pls what's the height of that fence?

Also, don't forget cost of security barb wire for fence. Thanks.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by gtrust: 9:52pm On Nov 22, 2014
Oga Spyder, assuming you change the design to 7 terrace houses instead of 7 flat, same cost or which is more expensive?

Just thinking out loud that it maybe more "luxury" if they were terraces
I maintain my own territory kind of feeling with nobody living below or above me!!
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:15pm On Nov 22, 2014
mufutau55:

Did you made your own Kerbs too or you bought it? If bought, how much each and the size. Thanks.

Hajji M.

Each of these kerbs cost N450.00 to make, being made now.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 10:16pm On Nov 22, 2014
spyder880:

Thanks Boss. Very nice.

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:19pm On Nov 22, 2014
gtrust:
Oga Spyder, pls what's the height of that fence?

Also, don't forget cost of security barb wire for fence. Thanks.

I will measure them next time I visit the site, the fence had been built before I came into the project. I am still waiting for some items to conclude on the barbed wire. The initial price laid is about N86,000 but thay will not be enough. I have not paid the guys that will fix the wires or the other fitting accessories.

2 Likes

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by PeoplesArmy: 11:25pm On Nov 22, 2014
spyder880:

Kerbs are the longer ones? What's the size of the area to be covered by the interlocking stones and what's the estimate to get the job done?
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by gtrust: 12:13am On Nov 23, 2014
spyder880:

I will measure them next time I visit the site, the fence had been built before I came into the project. I am still waiting for some items to conclude on the barbed wire. The initial price laid is about N86,000 but thay will not be enough. I have not paid the guys that will fix the wires or the other fitting accessories.

Thanks Spyder.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 12:16am On Nov 23, 2014
PeoplesArmy:

Kerbs are the longer ones?

Yes. The ones that looked like regular solid blocks.

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 4:29am On Nov 23, 2014
mufutau55:

Yes. The ones that looked like regular solid blocks.

Hajji M.

Correct Sir.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 4:34am On Nov 23, 2014
PeoplesArmy:

Kerbs are the longer ones? What's the size of the area to be covered by the interlocking stones and what's the estimate to get the job done?

The size is nearly 600mts and the total package is about N1m. The amount includes the production and laying of all interlocking stones and kerbs, filling sand, waterproof, compacting, landscaping, designs etc.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (50) (Reply)

How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? / Noisy Sex: The Notice A Landlord Pasted At His House / Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.