Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,154 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu - Properties (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu (163475 Views)

How We Built "The Coffee Shop" / The Luxury Hotel Owned By Kaduna Commercial Transport Workers (Photos) / Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 4:59am On Nov 23, 2014
spyder880:

The size is nearly 600mts and the total package is about N1m. The amount includes the production and laying of all interlocking stones and kerbs, filling sand, waterproof, compacting, landscaping, designs etc.

Oga Spyder, you have seen my project that I use German concrete floor with painted floor... Pls tell me why does all those interlock stone tiles eventually changes colors.. more reason I went the german floors. Thank you.

See the updated painted floors here:
https://www.nairaland.com/1791846/thread-property-owners-types-paint/3

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:08am On Nov 23, 2014
mufutau55:

Oga Spyder, you have seen my project that I use German concrete floor with painted floor... Pls tell me why does all those interlock stone tiles eventually changes colors.. more reason I went the german floors. Thank you.

See the updated painted floors here:
https://www.nairaland.com/1791846/thread-property-owners-types-paint/3

Hajji M.

I have seen the good works and really, Gbadesky knows his stuff when it comes to painting. I will like to use the German floor design soon. For the interlocking stones, its just the relative beauty of the individual stones that is the major attraction. Not only do you have variety in shapes and sizes with colours, but when combined, they create a visual attraction, and it could be arranged to produce a pattern in form of lines, letters or shapes. But I know they also have disadvantages.

One of the major disadvantages is the one you mentioned, change in colours, this might happen because of a number of reasons, especially the way they were made and the use. Another disadvantage is the possibility of weed growing in between the stones, but recent technology is also tackling this, I will show more pictures when we start laying these stones in this site.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by PeoplesArmy: 12:59pm On Nov 23, 2014
mufutau55:

Yes. The ones that looked like regular solid blocks.
Hajji M.

spyder880:

The size is nearly 600mts and the total package is about N1m. The amount includes the production and laying of all interlocking stones and kerbs, filling sand, waterproof, compacting, landscaping, designs etc.

Thanks guys for the education. The size to be covered is the size of a full plot in some cities. I look forward to seein the pictures and work progress when the actual laying starts.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Empiree: 1:13pm On Nov 23, 2014
spyder880:

I have seen the good works and really, Gbadesky knows his stuff when it comes to painting. I will like to use the German floor design soon. For the interlocking stones, its just the relative beauty of the individual stones that is the major attraction. Not only do you have variety in shapes and sizes with colours, but when combined, they create a visual attraction, and it could be arranged to produce a pattern in form of lines, letters or shapes. But I know they also have disadvantages.

One of the major disadvantages is the one you mentioned, change in colours, this might happen because of a number of reasons, especially the way they were made and the use. Another disadvantage is the possibility of weed growing in between the stones, but recent technology is also tackling this, I will show more pictures when we start laying these stones in this site.
But interlocking stones could be painted, too using paint quality like mufutau55, right?

And when you said 'recent technology is also tackling this,', do you mean black plastic spread out on the ground you used sometime ago for a client?.

@mufutau55, your house looks pretty neat grin . You don shop money from M. Bloomberg finish.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 9:58pm On Nov 23, 2014
Empiree:
But interlocking stones could be painted, too using paint quality like mufutau55, right?
And when you said 'recent technology is also tackling this,', do you mean black plastic spread out on the ground you used sometime ago for a client?.
@mufutau55, your house looks pretty neat grin . You don shop money from M. Bloomberg finish.

Thank you my brother. No money to chop oh! If they even pay me enough like their Politician friends.. all my house would have been finished by now. But the hard labor with our sweat still pays.

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 10:16pm On Nov 23, 2014
spyder880:

Thank you Oga Spyder, I am just trying to bring some beauty to the house with low cost.
And Yes, that Gbadexy guy is very good with paints and his support is excellent, so is his products.
If I really have the money I would love to have a good floor like in the thread below by Junapril.
Checkout this link.

https://www.nairaland.com/1311119/pictorial-presentation-process-unique-concrete

Hajji M.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by gbadexy(m): 7:06am On Nov 24, 2014
mufutau55:

Thank you Oga Spyder, I am just trying to bring some beauty to the house with low cost.
And Yes, that Gbadexy guy is very good with paints and his support is excellent, so is his products.
If I really have the money I would love to have a good floor like in the thread below by Junapril.
Checkout this link.

https://www.nairaland.com/1311119/pictorial-presentation-process-unique-concrete

Hajji M.
The floor in the picture you posted was painted with epoxy floor paint.
its very tough and much more durable. its a two component paint system that is mixed at the point of application.
its more expensive too because the paint uses no solvent unlike floor paint that has up to 40% volatile solvent and the epoxy is. costlier than other types. It's like a laminated plastic and can withstand high impact like forklift with load.

1 Like

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 4:49pm On Nov 24, 2014
gbadexy:

The floor in the picture you posted was painted with epoxy floor paint.
its very tough and much more durable. its a two component paint system that is mixed at the point of application.
its more expensive too because the paint uses no solvent unlike floor paint that has up to 40% volatile solvent and the epoxy is.
Costlier than other types. It's like a laminated plastic and can withstand high impact like forklift with load.

Got you brother... God will provide me some money to start ordering Epoxy from you.
But for now, I love what I got from you for the poorman's taste. smiley
Thank you for supplying the good paint product.

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 1:07pm On Nov 27, 2014
mufutau55:

Got you brother... God will provide me some money to start ordering Epoxy from you.
But for now, I love what I got from you for the poorman's taste. smiley
Thank you for supplying the good paint product.

Hajji M.

Yes ooo, you go hammer very soon and buy the latest Hummer cheesy
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 1:10pm On Nov 27, 2014
What we are doing here today is laying waste pipes round the building. This will channel waste off the building to the soakaway systems.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 1:11pm On Nov 27, 2014
Our fence wires are now mounted.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 1:13pm On Nov 27, 2014
Almost done round the whole fence.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 1:16pm On Nov 27, 2014
Getting closer to the wires. .....

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 1:31pm On Nov 27, 2014
spyder880:
Getting closer to the wires. .....
Good sharp razor blades for the intruder.

Hajji M.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 1:33pm On Nov 27, 2014
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

Exactly cheesy
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 1:35pm On Nov 27, 2014
My boys were comparing colours and I just stood and observed their gist. We are going to sample more colours for the rooms later today.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 1:38pm On Nov 27, 2014
Let's move to the next item on the agenda, the overhead tank stand. We are building the base today.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 1:40pm On Nov 27, 2014
Meanwhile, we are fitting more toilet seats and wash hand basins in all toilets and bathrooms.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 1:42pm On Nov 27, 2014
The Ariston water heaters. ......

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 1:44pm On Nov 27, 2014

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 1:46pm On Nov 27, 2014
We are hanging them all now.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by peaceland(m): 2:56pm On Nov 27, 2014
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

@ Hajji M., mufutau55
@ Spyder880
If I remembered very well sirs; in the recent lectures for this month our teacher promised to educate and inform us on the pricing/measuring/deciding/getting/determining and other "...ings" for the barbed wires.
I have been patiently waiting for same and still waiting.
thank you
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by kelvin1191(m): 5:21pm On Nov 27, 2014
Pls Oga spider, was the seat of the Wc mounted first before tiling the floor? Also, how much is the cost of the Wc. Thanks
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:59pm On Nov 27, 2014
kelvin1191:
Pls Oga spider, was the seat of the Wc mounted first before tiling the floor? Also, how much is the cost of the Wc. Thanks

The seat was mounted after the tiling, with silicon gum. That is the way its done now. That WC complete unit is being sold for around N16,500.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by Onuokwu: 9:14am On Nov 28, 2014
spyder880:
My boys were comparing colours and I just stood and observed their gist. We are going to sample more colours for the rooms later today.

Still on color selection, are these all going to be used in this house? What type of paints are these? In the past I only knew of emulsion and texcote but lessons from Hajji M, Gbadexy and Trumpcoat have taught me otherwise!
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:17am On Nov 28, 2014
Onuokwu:

Still on color selection, are these all going to be used in this house? What type of paints are these? In the past I only knew of emulsion and texcote but lessons from Hajji M, Gbadexy and Trumpcoat have taught me otherwise!

Sure, Gbadesky is very good with paints. These are locally manufactured paints which we want to be made of high quality materials. Some will emulsion while others will be texcote. I will show more about this later as I am still waiting for the painter now.
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:19am On Nov 28, 2014
We have done some concrete blinding for the stands of the overhead tanks.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:23am On Nov 28, 2014
We made this stand with metal plate.......

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 10:29am On Nov 28, 2014
Still buying additional plumbing materials as the ones we bought before was not enough.

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by spyder880(m): 3:50pm On Nov 28, 2014
Some more colour samples. .....

Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by kelvin1191(m): 8:39pm On Nov 28, 2014
spyder880:

The seat was mounted after the tiling, with silicon gum. That is the way its done now. That WC complete unit is being sold for around N16,500.
Ok. Thanks
Re: How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu by mufutau55(m): 10:03pm On Nov 28, 2014
spyder880:

Price includes the Hand Wash Basin?

Hajji M.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (50) (Reply)

How Much Will A 5 Bedroom Duplex Cost? / Building My 3 Bedroom Bungalow (the Apocalypse) / Noisy Sex: The Notice A Landlord Pasted At His House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.